Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
To get to the bottom of what's really going on with the U.S. debt "crisis" we turn to Professor Michael Hudson: Mr. Obama’s Scare Tactics to Get Democrats to Vote for His Republican Wall Street Plan
(nakedcapitalism.com) Usually a crisis is needed to create a vacuum into which these toxic details are fed. Wall Street does not like real crises, of course – except to make quick computer-driven speculative gains on the usual fibrillation of today’s zigzagging markets. But when it comes to serious money, the illusion of a crisis is preferred, staged melodramatically to wring the greatest degree of emotion out of the audience much like a good film editor edits a montage sequence. Will the speeding train run over the girl strapped to the tracks? Will she escape in time? The train is debt; the girl is supposed to be the American economy. But she turns out to be Wall Street in disguise. The exercise turns out to be a not-so-divine comedy. Mr. Obama offers a plan that looks very Republican. But the Republicans say no. There is an illusion of a real fight. They say Obama is socialist. Democrats express shock at the giveaway being threatened. Many say, “Where is the real Obama?” But it seems that the real Obama turns out to be a Republican Wall Street imposter in Democratic clothing. That is what the Democratic Leadership Committee basically is: Wall Street Democrats. This is not as much of an oxymoron as it may sound. There is a reason why today’s post-Clinton Democrats are the natural party to undo what FDR and earlier Democrats stood for. A Democratic Senate never would stand for such giveaways to Wall Street and double-cross of their urban constituency if a Republican president would propose what Mr. Obama is putting before them. ... It’s the same story in Britain, where the Labour Party is called upon to finish up the job that the Conservatives start but need New Labour to subdue popular opposition to privatizing the railroads and a Public/Private Partnership financial giveaway for the London tube line. And it’s the same story in France, where a Socialist government is supporting the privatization program dictated by the European Central Bank. That's basically the gist of it: the ILLUSION of CRISIS fed by the DLC Wall Street "Democrats" (not to mention the Koch-Korporate-ALEC Tea Partiers). Nobel Laureate PAUL KRUGMAN thinks it's The Cult That Is Destroying America. And he's not talking about Ian Astbury and the boys: Watching our system deal with the debt ceiling crisis — a wholly self-inflicted crisis, which may nonetheless have disastrous consequences — it’s increasingly obvious that what we’re looking at is the destructive influence of a cult that has really poisoned our political system. And no, I don’t mean the fanaticism of the right. Well, OK, that too. But my feeling about those people is that they are what they are; you might as well denounce wolves for being carnivores. Crazy is what they do and what they are. What all this means is that there is no penalty for extremism; no way for most voters, who get their information on the fly rather than doing careful study of the issues, to understand what’s really going on. (And they might even have to pay $30 to get an ID to PROVE who they are and where they live in order to vote! See BradBlog Brad on KPFK: GOP Photo ID Restrictions & Video Revealing Hurdles to 'Free' ID at WI DMV uh huh. -Ed. Back to Krug.) You have to ask, what would it take for these news organizations and pundits to actually break with the convention that both sides are equally at fault? This is the clearest, starkest situation one can imagine short of civil war. If this won’t do it, nothing will. Yes, Professor, yes yes! But some think it's all the fault of country club memberships! Hunter for Daily Kos Labor reports I do believe Paul Broun (Regressive-GA10) may in fact be a a bit of an idiot
A conservative member of the House warned that one consequence of the a weak economy is declining membership at country clubs. "When someone is overextended and broke they don't continue paying for expensive automobiles, they sell the expensive automobiles and buy a cheaper one. They don't continue paying for country club dues, they drop out of the country club," Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said Wednesday on MSNBC. Yes! Won't somebody please think of the country clubs! What kind of monsters are we, if in this jobless so-called recovery, full of pain and misery and people who haven't been able to find a new job in 99 weeks and so therefore are dumped into the sarlacc pit, if the end result is declining country club memberships! FORE! Where's Al Czervik when ya need him? "Hey, that kangaroo just took my ball!" Ian Millhiser at ThinkProgress finds out After Signing Law Disenfranchising ID-less Voters, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Closes 10 DMV Offices
One Democratic lawmaker said Friday it appeared the decisions were based on politics, with the department targeting offices for closure in Democratic areas and expanding hours for those in Republican districts. More ThinkProgress! Alex Seitz-Wald posted from ThinkProgress Economy GOP Leaders Voted For Three Of The Biggest Debt Drivers, Costing $3.4 Trillion! ...But Boehner and Cantor, along with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) have all voted for some of the biggest contributors to the debt — the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Bush tax cuts, and President Bush’s Medicare prescription drug plan — which helped to double the debt over the past decade .... Together, a Bloomberg News analysis shows, these initiatives added $3.4 trillion to the nation’s accumulated debt and to its current annual budget deficit of $1.5 trillion. ... The analysis shows the wars have cost $1.3 trillion since 9/11, the Bush tax cuts cost $1.7 trillion in lost revenue over a decade, and Medicare Part D costs $369 billion over a decade. The recession has also been a major contributor to the debt.... But this analysis shows that the very same people leading the GOP in Congress today helped contribute to the problem they are now blaming on anyone but themselves.
George Washington posts at zerohedge Will a "Super Congress" Gut the Constitution - Just Like the Federal Reserve? Indeed, the Founding Fathers' vision of prosperity has been destroyed - and we've gone from the "wealth of nations" to the "debt of nations" - at least in part because our political system has been subverted by non-Constitutional committees and entities. and commentor DavyJones remarked Faster than a speeding mullet, more powerful than its loco motives, able to leap tall principles in a single bound, Look, up on The Hill, It's a bird dropping, it's derranged, NO IT'S SUPER CONGRESS! Here's Ryan Grim's story at HuffPo/AOL Super Congress Moves Forward Despite Tea Party Opposition Nevertheless, separate proposals put forward by Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Monday each included versions of a Super Congress -- referred to on the Hill as a Super Committee -- that would write laws that could not be amended by the regular Congress, only voted up or down. In Boehner's version, the debt ceiling would be raised a second time if Congress approved the cuts decided on by the Super Congress. ... The Super Congress amounts to an institutionalization of the gang structure that exists informally in the Senate, where a small number of lawmakers write legislation behind closed doors and then announce it to the public. Legislation written by the Super Congress would be extremely difficult for individual members of Congress to stop.
UPDATE: MoveOn's Justin Ruben sends the following statement firmly opposing a Super Congress that would be able to cut Social Security or Medicare: "Republicans want a Super Congress so they can push through unpopular cuts to Medicare and Social Security. MoveOn members, and the vast majority of Americans, oppose benefit cuts, and Democrats shouldn't give Republicans a vehicle to make it easier to cut them. MoveOn members oppose the idea." It may be too late but here's MoveOn's ACTION PAGE. From the New Yorker's Enviro desk Elizabeth Kolbert finds some good news in Bloomberg Spends Big Against Coal These days, there isn’t much good news to report about the effort to combat climate change, so when some comes along, it’s worth taking note. Today’s is that Mayor Michael Bloomberg is donating $50 million to the Sierra Club’s “Beyond Coal” campaign. The campaign’s aim is to stop the construction of new coal-burning power plants and to shut down—or to use the more polite term “phase out”—up to a third of the coal plants now in operation. Coal produces more carbon dioxide per unit of energy than any other fuel, so any reduction in coal use means a reduction in greenhouse-gas emissions. Mayor Bloomberg’s announcement is significant for several reasons, some of them obvious, some of them less so. Read her entire post at the New Yorker! Jason Leopold posts at truthout Air Force Cites New Testament, Ex-Nazi, to Train Officers on Ethics of Launching Nuclear Weapons
The United States Air Force has been training young missile officers about the morals and ethics of launching nuclear weapons by citing passages from the New Testament and commentary from a former member of the Nazi Party, according to newly released documents. ... The Air Force documents were released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and provided to Truthout by the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), a civil rights organization. MRFF President Mikey Weinstein said more than 30 Air Force officers, a majority of whom describe themselves as practicing Protestants and Roman Catholics, have contacted his group over the past week in hopes of enlisting him to work with the Air Force to have the Christian-themed teachings removed from the nuclear weapons ethics training session. [Full disclosure: Weinstein is a member of Truthout's Board of Advisers.] Included with the PowerPoint presentation are more than 500 pages of other documents pertaining to a missile officer's first week of training, which takes place before they are sent to one of three Air Force bases to guard the country's Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) arsenal and, if called upon to do so by the president, launch their nuclear-armed Minuteman IIIs. Read it all then
Listen to Jason Leopold discuss this story on The Nicole Sandler Show (mp3) Then BOB KINCAID explains it all only the way Bob can in this week's PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY: "It's okay to roast the planet." So the Sunday Talkies will have lots of hand-wringing, posturing and misinformation as the debt ceiling extension drop-dead date comes on Tuesday. Watch Meet the David where PAUL KRUGMAN tells GROVER NORQUIST his atr.org just lost its non-profit tax status! And it goes downhill from there with the WH Limo dropping off DAVID PLOUFFE to MTP &This Anampout with GENE SPERLING on State of the Candy & FAKE SNOOZE while MITCH "The Man with No Neck" MCCONNELL takes on CHUCK SCHUMER on State of the Candy & Face the Bob. Plenty of Brick targets for your Sunday enjoyment! The Brick TeeVee Crew found out its lone pickup truck's frame is shot with rust holes and a leaky gas tank - unrepairable and nearly undriveable. Our roadtrip to Dayton to find a replacement came up empty as it had puddles of automotive fluids under it so the search continues! The Crew took in a Tribe game last Monday to see some 9th inning heroics, got no-hit on Thursday and last night Matt LaPorta stunned the Royals with a walk-off 3-run dinger! Check out the Tribe on ESPN Monday from Fenway Park! The Crew also has the Left Turn League on its rader for the Brickyard 400 on the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Speedway today. The garden is out of control with 6' high tomato and tomatillo plants and cukes galore. We hope your gardens are doing well too. Have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Glenn Greenwald: Norway Attacks Expose U.S. Media’s Double Standard on "Terrorism" July 26, 2012
»»» Whistleblower Bunnatine “Bunny” Greenhouse @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW EXCLUSIVE: Fired Army Whistleblower Receives $970K for Exposing Halliburton No-Bid Contract in Iraq July 26, 2012
»»» Jeff Sharlet @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Norwegian Shooting Suspect’s Views Echo Xenophobia of Right-Wing Extremists in U.S., Europe July 27, 2012
»»» The Nation's Dave Zinn WATCH NOW Dave Zirin on NFL Players’ "Remarkable" Labor Victory and How the Bank Bailout Slam-Dunked the NBA July 27, 2011
»»» Richard Wolff @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Richard Wolff: Debt Showdown is "Political Theater" Burdening Society’s Most Vulnerable July 28, 2011
»»» Johan Galtung @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Norway’s Johan Galtung, Peace & Conflict Pioneer, on How to Stop Extremism that Fueled Shooting July 29, 2011
»»» Rep. Luis Gutierrez @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rep. Luis Gutierrez Arrested Outside White House Protesting Record Deportations Under Obama’s Watch July 29, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW End The Drug War: Face the New Jim Crow
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the BRICKYARD 400 from the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway! 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Red Sox @ White Sox! 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Cubs @ Cardinals 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN TRIBE @ Red Sox! 7 pm et GO TRIBE!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ThinkProgress PETITION Tell the Department of Justice To Investigate Rupert Murdoch Now Allegations that Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation bribed police officers and tapped phones, both abroad and potentially in the U.S., may violate U.S. law. We are sending the letter below to Attorney General Eric Holder and SEC Chair Mary L. Schapiro demanding a full and immediate investigation into any potential illegal acts by News Corporation and their subsidiaries. Sign on and join the effort by filling out THIS FORM
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. Heidi Stevenson, Gaia Health: We've been focused on each incursion as it's brought to us. But we haven't looked at the overall picture. Even if we win a large percentage of these battles, we will still lose the war. The foes of health freedom will keep coming. When they lose one battle, they come back from a slightly different direction. ... We need to address the tricks being used to force these disastrous rulings on us. We must stop them from claiming powers that they do not have. Therefore, I propose that we start by addressing one of the most significant claims being made in both the US and the European Union. Both the US's FDA and the EU have been redefining terms to allow them to regulate foods, vitamins, and herbs as if they were drugs. The FDA is now labeling foods, vitamins, and herbs as drugs, and then regulating them in the same manner that pharmaceutical drugs are regulated. Just making a health claim for a food has, according to the FDA, literally turned it into a drug! That would, of course, be absurd—if it weren't so frighteningly effective. ... As a result of these absurdities, the FDA, along with its EU equivalents, has deemed that Cheerios cereal, walnuts, marmalade made from Seville oranges, and even Marmite, may be regulated as drugs.
The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food: We can't end this destruction of our rights simply by protesting each incident. By the time these limitations are pushed on us, it's too late. We must address the bases on which these rules are made. We must insure that, at a minimum, laws are enacted that remove the ability to limit our access to natural products. Food must be recognized as food, not treated as drugs. To this end, I'm starting two petitions, one in the US and one in the EU, to address this concern. However, these petitions are not the usual sort. They will form the basis of many actions. People who sign are asked to be part of the movement to claim back our health rights. We need to let politicians know that we're serious, we're organized—and we're growing. People who sign are asked to also send letters or e-mails to their representatives in congress or parliament, thus sending a constantly increasing stream of messages to keep the issue in front of them. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
(Ed. sez go read Michael Pollan's FARMER IN CHIEF -Ed.)
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,474 US Military Dead as of July 29, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,680 US Military Dead as of July 29, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• White House Senior Advisor David Plouffe
• GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Dr. Mohamed El-Erian, CEO of investment management firm PIMCO
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News Chief Political Correspondent George Stephanopoulos, ABC's George Will, Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, and Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform.
• New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly
• "World News" weekend anchor David Muir on the devastating drought and famine in the Horn of Africa
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• WILL AMERICA DEFAULT? THE 11TH HOUR OF THE DEBT CRISIS
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Big Gamble - Lesley Stahl reports on the proliferation of gambling to 38 states and its main attraction, the slot machine, newer versions of which some scientists believe may addict their players. Ira Rosen and Joel Bach are the producers.
• Brazil - As the U.S. and most of the world's countries limp along after the crippling recession, Brazil is off and running with jobs, industry, and resources. The economic juggernaut is poised to become the fifth largest economy in the world. Steve Kroft reports. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• WH Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
• Sen. John Thune (R-SD)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm (D), Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID), the host of CNBC's "Mad Money" Jim Cramer, and NBC's Tom Brokaw.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) guest host Gloria Borger
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• White House with Director of the National Economic Council and Assistant to the President for Economic Policy Gene Sperling
• Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics
• Presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday!!!!!! Bob talks about how the U.S. Air Force is turning to god to justify nuking the planet! Listen HERE (mp3)! Catch the PRISM-WV Summer Academy video stream on the Head-On With Bob Kincaid USTREAM Channel!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - July 28, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Science slips onto Fox 'News'; Climate activist Tim DeChristopher sentenced to 2 years in federal prison; Poverty rises near mountaintop removal coal mining; 54 mpg by 2025?; Oil industry profits jump --- again; PLUS: Drilling for oil in the Arctic? Coast Guard says 'we're not ready' ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA delays smog rule for fourth time; Record rain causes deaths, flooding, landslides in S. Korea; Tropical Storm Don bound for TX; Waxman calls out Obama: explain connection between pollution and extreme weather; CA Gov vows to 'crush' foes of renewable energy; Norwegians concede role in salmon virus; Only one deadly strain of e. coli is Illegal; Bad summer sequels: GOP rehashes attacks on environment; Court rules farmers can sue over pesticide drift; Japanese scientists push for more radiation tests on seafood Risks; Sen. Manchin's (D-WV) ties to coal company ... PLUS: The Plastic Bag Wars...... Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 271 NSA Expert James Bamford on Thomas Drake and the US War in Yemen Journalist and author James Bamford, the acknowledged expert on the National Security Agency and other intelligence subjects, returns in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Due to vacation, our next podcast will be about August 4.
• PBC Podcast 272 Outrage: DHS Whistleblower Endured Reprisals for Doing Her Job! Journalist and author James Bamford, the acknowledged expert on the National Security Agency and other intelligence subjects, returns in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Due to vacation, our next podcast will be about August 4.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! July 29, 2011
• Author Ari Berman will be here to tell us why, in the midst of all the debt negotiations taking place in Washington, job creation has been completely left out of the conversations.
• Frank Schaeffer, author of the new book “Sex, Mom, and God”, will join us to talk about how religious extremism is pushing people towards violent and desperate acts of violence.
• The founder of 350.org Bill McKibben will be here to tell us about the two year prison sentence handed down by a federal judge this week to Tim DeChristopher, an environmental activist who disrupted an oil industry land auction.
• Author Cliff Schecter will join us to discuss the dangerous epidemic of stupidity that currently has a stranglehold on Washington politicians.
• And we’ll also be talking with Daily Kos contributing editor Laura Clawson about how the GOP is willing to sacrifice airline safety just to destroy unions.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Truth About ALEC Until recently, a secret group of business insiders have been helping corporate America write legislation to help protect their industries, and at the same time destroy the few protections that consumers had. This group is called ALEC, and they’ve managed to operate under the radar for years. Mike Papantonio talks about ALEC with Cliff Schecter, author of the book The Real McCain and public relations strategist.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republicans Would Love a Government Shutdown The Republicans are still refusing to budge on the debt ceiling issue, even though President Obama has offered trillions of dollars worth of spending cuts. What is it that the Republicans want? They want the working class to give up even more so that millionaires and billionaires can keep getting tax breaks. Mike Papantonio talks about this with political consultant, author, and senior fellow at NYU – Bob Shrum.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Climate Change is a National Security Threat The Pentagon told Congress in their defense review that it was time to factor severe climate change into their strategic military planning. According to that pack of obviously misguided tree-hugging military misfits, global climate change that is definitely now occurring could create “instability or conflict, placing a burden on civilian infrastructures and militaries around the world.” Wow. Strong language from the Pentagon!
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Climate Change Deniers Watching America Burn Mike Papantonio talks with Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org, about the ongoing denial of climate change coming from the Right.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Digby on the Debt Deal [07•25•11]
• Ryan Grim of Huffington Post on the Debt Ceiling [07•26•11]
• David Weigel of Slate on the Debt Deal [07•27•11]
• Laura Clawson of DailyKos on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) [07•27•11]
• David Roberts of Grist on the Tim DeChristopher Sentence and Environmental Activism [07•28•11]
• Cliff Schecter on the Debt Deal, the USA ammo the Norway Terorrist Bought & More [07•29•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• “Today it’s the US Postal Service closing down 3700 additional offices. Tomorrow it will be Social Security, Medicare and so on and so forth.” Read Austerity is coming to the U.S.A. (theautomaticearth) ...Instead, I want to shift towards what the inevitable last-minute agreement will mean for the people on the ground. And that will not be pretty. It will be harsh austerity, even if US politicians -and likely media too- will shy away from using the term. Let them. Let them reserve it for what happens in Greece and Ireland if that makes them feel better. A rose by whatever name and all that. Just don't let that fool you. Today it's the US Postal Service closing down 3700 additional offices. Tomorrow it will be Social Security, Medicare and so on and so forth. Last week we saw that the Federal Reserve has spent $16 trillion on bailouts thus far this crisis. The debt ceiling debate is being used as we speak as the first tool to make ordinary Americans pay for this. It's no different from what's going on in Athens and Dublin, and soon Lisbon, Madrid and Rome. The MO of the political/financial system that holds all the levers in our societies is based on a wealth transfer going one way, and a debt transfer going the other....
• VIDEO! Dr. Michael Hudson – RenegadeEconomist Series
• KEISER REPORT [KR167] Keiser Report – Mass Psychosis We interview Adrian Salbuchi.
• KEISER REPORT [KR168] Keiser Report: Ghettofication of America We talk to Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1208] The Truth About The 95 Theses Against Bankster Occupation. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE Can entrepreneurism save Greece?-On the Edge with Max Keiser-07-15-2011 July 15, 2011
• ON THE EDGE Max Keiser On the Edge with Ned Naylor-Leyland [29-July-11] 'New Pan Asian Gold Exchange' [PressTV]
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Philip Giraldi July 24, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the early (incorrect) rumors that an Islamic group was responsible for the Oslo shooting/bombing; Giraldi’s insightful guess that the attack could very well be the work of a domestic terrorist with a personal agenda; the threat posed by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula; the CIA stirring up trouble in Mogadishu; the patently ridiculous “official” reasons for US interventions; and how the US settles refugees from countries currently at war with America – and then is surprised by retaliatory domestic terrorist attacks. This interview is from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of July 22nd.
• Rami Khouri July 26, 2011: Rami Khouri, internationally syndicated political columnist and author, discusses his article “It Sure Looks and Smells Like Apartheid” in Lebanon’s Daily Star; the starkly different competing narratives on Israel’s origin; making protest boycotts illegal within Israel; the Arab world’s broad acceptance of a two-state plan based on 1967 borders – despite rhetoric that they want to “push Israel into the sea;” and how the Israeli state’s version of Judaism has abandoned social justice in favor of Zionist racism.
• Jeremy Sapienza July 28, 2011: Jeremy Sapienza, Senior Editor at Antiwar.com, discusses the twisted MSM reporting on Somalia, such that most Americans have no idea the US is at war over there; how al-Shabaab grew out of the Islamic Courts Union’s youth movement to control most of the country; why Somalia’s famine is so severe (not from heat and drought) and who’s to blame; and the inevitability that someone in the “history began yesterday” media will advocate US intervention in Somalia to save the children from starvation.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling
• House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
• Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml