Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
DOJ, AP & Whistleblowers The biggest story last week was Obomber's and Eric Holder's Department of Justice secretly obtaining phone records of the Associated Press. Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge.com first reported DOJ's "Nixonian" Phone Spying Scandal Sets Labor Unions Against Obama and now has Watergate Was For Amateurs: Justice Department Spied For Months On Associated Press Reporters And so the final curtain falls on the myth of what was supposed to be, in its own words, the "most transparent administration" in history. ...... First amendment? Freedom of speech and press? Surely not when it comes to the Nobel-peace prize winning President and those who dare to expose his secret ways. And what's worst, is that the AP breach has all the makings of a spiteful hack driven by personal vengeance against one of America's premier news outlets. We can't wait to see the rest of the not so conservative media stands up in arms and defend one of their peers against an administration whose utter disdain for all checks and balances puts Stalinist Russia to shame. Or perhaps it will be merely a case of "first they came for AP's reporters, and we said nothing..." And while it has long been known that the NSA actively intercepts and records every single form of electronic communication, the unspoken truth is that the government can do anything it wants as long as it doesn't get caught. It just did, and not only in Benghazi, or the IRS fiasco, but in making a complete mockery of the First Amendment. ..... PLUS The News Media Guild issued this Guild statement on US Justice Department obtaining phone records of AP staffers and The AP covered itself in its Big Story Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe Go read these now! More on this incredible violation of the First Amendment's guarantee of Freedom of The Press later. Following up on last week's NPR conflicts of interest we find Elliott Negin, the director of news and commentary at the Union of Concerned Scientists, former NPR news editor and former managing editor of American Journalism Review with this look at some US media's covering the fossil fuel industry reporting in Unreliable Sources: How the Media Help the Kochs and ExxonMobil Spread Climate Disinformation Part One .... a six-part series .... documents that the press routinely cites climate contrarian think tanks without reporting their ties to the fossil fuel industry. ........ After poring over more than 1,000 stories, editorials, opinion columns and interviews, I narrowed my sample to 376 relevant pieces. Here's what I found: These top news organizations provided information about the Oil Eight's fossil fuel industry funding in only 32 percent of the climate and energy stories they published or aired over the two-year period. When I was in school, 32 percent was an F. Click over for all the graphs and charts. Good Item! And keep an eye out for parts 2-6 too!
Also following up on the conviction of Guatemalan dictator Rioss Mont Robert Parry at Consortium News explains Ronald Reagan: Accessory to Genocide Exclusive: More than any recent U.S. president, Ronald Reagan has been lavished with honors, including his name attached to Washington’s National Airport. But the conviction of Reagan’s old ally, ex-Guatemalan dictator Rios Montt, for genocide means “Ronnie” must face history’s judgment as an accessory to the crime, reports Robert Parry. Robert Parry also writes about Reagan and Argentina’s Dirty War Exclusive: The 87-year-old ex-Argentine dictator Jorge Videla died Friday in prison where he was serving sentences for grotesque human rights crimes in the 1970s and 1980s. But one of Videla’s key backers, the late President Ronald Reagan, continues to be honored by Americans, writes Robert Parry.
In Today's War News Sidney J. Freedberg at BreakingDefense.com reports on the X-47B: Navy Drone Launches Off Aircraft Carrier; A New Tailhook Era It’s hard enough for a human pilot to take off from the cramped and pitching deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier. Today, for the first time in history, a Remotely Piloted Aircraft did it. You can bet that military leaders in Beijing and Tehran sat up and took note as the batwinged X-47B drone took off from the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush. The aircraft that took off today, the Northrop Grumman-built X-47B UCAS (Unmanned Combat Air System), is just the trailblazer for an actual combat-ready drone, the UCLASS (Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike System), that the Navy plans to start developing in earnest this year. (The draft “request for proposals” is out and industry folks expect the final RFP to come out in the next few weeks). So, if the Navy gets its way — and sufficient funding, which is hardly a foregone conclusion – today’s modest 65-minute flight from the carrier at sea to the Navy’s celebrated “Pax River” test site ashore is just a taste of things to come...... YIKES!
Here are some items snagged from The BTV Bunker where some of our agents and contributors tirelessly toil..........
- David Swanson, Nation of Change: Monsanto Has Taken Over the USDA The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been taken over by an outside organization. RootsAction has launched a campaign demanding a Congressional investigation. The organization is called Monsanto. Monsanto is, of course, the world's largest biotech corporation. These are the people who brought us Roundup weed killer and the resulting superweeds and superbugs, along with growth hormones for cows, genetically engineered and patented seeds, PCBs, and Agent Orange - which Monsanto now wants us to use as herbicide on genetically engineered corn and soybeans. This chemical company - responsible for environmental disasters that have destroyed entire towns, and a driving force behind the international waves of suicides among farmers whose lives it has helped ruin - has monopolized our food system largely by taking over regulatory agencies like the U.S. Department of Agriculture. A recent study links Roundup to autism, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's.......... The recently passed and signed law nicknamed the Monsanto Protection Act strips federal courts of the power to halt the sale and planting of genetically engineered crops during a legal appeals process. The origin of this act can be found in the USDA's deregulation of Roundup Ready sugar beets in violation of a court order. The USDA argued that any delay would have caused a sugar shortage, since Monsanto holds 95% of the market. The revolving door keeps revolving. Monsanto's board members have worked for the EPA, advised the USDA, and served on President Obama's Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations. ........... The recently passed and signed law nicknamed the Monsanto Protection Act strips federal courts of the power to halt the sale and planting of genetically engineered crops during a legal appeals process. The origin of this act can be found in the USDA's deregulation of Roundup Ready sugar beets in violation of a court order. The USDA argued that any delay would have caused a sugar shortage, since Monsanto holds 95% of the market. ...........
- Susan Ohanian, Daily Censored: The Feds Are Making a List; inBloom™ Is Checking It Twice On April 30, 2013 the Obama administration announced they’d cut the much-maligned application form for the health insurance exchanges from a 21-page application to three pages for individuals and seven pages for families.(This isn’t counting the 61-page instruction manual for applying online.) The devil is in the details. They now use three application forms and multiple appendices–to give the appearance of simplifying things. OK, bureaucracy as usual. But take a look at this:
- From Applying for ObamaCare—Still Not Simple, Wall Street Journal, May 11, 2013: Applicants may be further disturbed when they encounter, on the signature page, this message: “We’ll check your answers using information in our electronic databases and databases from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Social Security, the Department of Homeland Security, and/or a consumer reporting agency. If the information doesn’t match, we may ask you to send us proof.”
- Ocean Robbins, Food Revolution: Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food In his long career as a leading research scientist for the Canadian government, Thierry Vrain was paid to reassure the public that genetically engineered foods were safe to eat. But now, this insider is lifting the veil of deception and exposing the truth Monsanto doesn’t want you to know. He says:“I refute the claims of the biotechnology companies that their engineered crops yield more, that they require less pesticide applications, that they have no impact on the environment and of course that they are safe to eat... The scientific literature is full of studies showing that engineered corn and soya contain toxic or allergenic proteins.” ........
- RELATED - Jamie Doward, The Observer: M&S, Co-op and Sainsbury's say chickens will be fed on GM soya As three more supermarkets drop their bans, the industry is accused of caving in to cartels and GM food giants.....
- Allan Nairn, investigative journalist who has been attending the Ríos Montt trial in Guatemala Ríos Montt Guilty of Genocide: Are Guatemalan President Pérez Molina, U.S. Officials Next?
- Michael Mann, a leading climate scientist and author of the recent books "The Hockey Stick" and "Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines" Climate Tipping Point? Concentration of Carbon Dioxide Tops 400 ppm for First Time in Human History
- Renee Feltz, Democracy Now! producer & Ramsey Clark, a lawyer and former U.S. attorney general Jailed Civil Rights Attorney Lynne Stewart Seeks Compassionate Release over Worsening Cancer
- Ramsey Clark Former Attorney General Ramsey Clark Decries Government’s "Big Brother" Seizure of AP Phone Records
- Dr. Paul Farmer, an infectious diseases doctor and a medical anthropologist Dr. Paul Farmer on Rwanda’s Health Leap, Haiti’s Struggles & How Communities Can Repair the World
- Chris Hedges Chris Hedges: Monitoring of AP Phones a "Terrifying" Step in State Assault on Press Freedom
- Rigoberta Menchú Nobel Laureate Rigoberta Menchú Hails Genocide Conviction of Ex-Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt
- Allan Nairn Allan Nairn: After Ríos Montt Verdict, Time for U.S. to Account for Its Role in Guatemalan Genocide
- David Cay Johnston "The Other IRS Scandal": David Cay Johnston on Dark Money Political Groups Seeking Tax Exemption AND AP Monitoring Raises Fears of Government Overreach: How Far Will Obama Go to Crack Down on Leaks?
- Mark Epstein, chairman of the board of trustees for Cooper Union, Victoria Sobel, a Cooper Union student organizer & Felix Salmon, a finance blogger at Reuters Debate: What Caused Cooper Union’s Fiscal Woes and Is Ending Free Tuition the Answer?
- Senate hearing revisiting the Authorization for Use of Military Force, or AUMF "Astoundingly Disturbing": Obama Administration Claims Power to Wage Endless War Across the Globe
- James Goodale, general counsel for The New York Times in the Pentagon Papers case Obama Worse Than Nixon? Pentagon Papers Attorney Decries AP Phone Probe, Julian Assange Persecution
- Tim DeChristopher Released from Prison, Climate Activist Tim DeChristopher on Civil Disobedience & Building Movements
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW New Era for Labor: Creative Defiance from The Factory to the Street From state to state, fed-up workers are walking off the job, and into the history books. more....... BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NBA Playoffs on ABC SUNDAY 3rd Round Coverage! Game 1 Grizzlies @ Spurs 3:30 pm et ) »»» NBA Playoffs on TNT WEDNESDAY Game 1 Pacers @ Heat 8:30 pm et »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Dodgers @ Braves 1:35 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN2 Tigers @ Rangers 8 pm et BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information! SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Short Manning hearing: four government witnesses to testify secretly May 7, 2013. By Nathan Fuller. Today's brief session included the court's rulings allowing four of the government's witnesses to testify in closed sessions in undisclosed locations in order to protect their identity. Tomorrow there will be an entirely closed session, providing a 'dry run' to test divulging classified information for trial. Manning returns to court for an open session May 21-24. AND Greg Palast for Vice MagazineBradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E image ©2006 arkysue The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,227 US Military Dead as of May 17, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIAWho Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Obama senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., \\
• Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio
• Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga.
• Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y.
• POWERHOUSE ROUNDTABLE: George Will; National Journal Editorial Director Ron Fournier; American Urban Radio Networks White House Correspondent April Ryan; editor and publisher of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel; and ABC News Senior Washington Correspondent Jeff Zeleny
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• White House Senior Advisor Dan Pfeiffer
• Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)
• Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)
• President and CEO of the Associated Press Gary Pruitt
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times' David Sanger, POLITICO's Lois Romano, The Washington Post's Dan Balz and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• A Face in the Crowd - The odds are you are not just a face in the crowd any longer. Even if your picture isn't on the Internet, computer facial recognition technology in public places is making it harder to remain anonymous. Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
• Three Generations of Punishment - Born in a prison camp in North Korea, defector Shin Dong Hyuk describes how three generations of a family are brutally punished if one family member is considered disloyal to the regime. He tells Anderson Cooper the dramatic story of his escape. Andy Court is the producer.
• LISTINGS FOR THE SPECIAL EDITION OF "60 MINUTES" 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT: A Long and Dangerous Journey - Thousands of Afghan boys are fleeing their war-torn country to make it to Europe -- a nearly 10,000 mile journey. As Anderson Cooper reports, it's one of the largest child migrations in modern times and some of them die along the way. Ira Rosen and Gabrielle Schonder are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Republican Leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
• Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
• President Obama’s senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI)
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Camp joins the discussion along with the chairman of the Democratic Caucus, Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA); Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan; and the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
• ROUNDTABLE: USA Today’s Susan Page, Democratic Strategist Donna Brazile, Republican Strategist Ana Navarro, and CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Thorn in the Side Thurdsday!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Thursday, May 16, 2013 ! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - May 16, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Hysterical Fox 'News' flip-floppery on Tesla; Consensus strikes again: 97% of climate scientists say global warming is man-made, but the public thinks it's evenly split; CO2 levels pass 400ppm; You're already paying a 'disaster tax'; PLUS: Thanks to renewable energy, one town now has too much money ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Explosive pig poo foam!; Supreme Court rules for Monsanto; Floods could overwhelm London barriers; Conoco-Philips CEO admits humans cause global warming - but is against getting off oil; Interior Dept issues new fracking rules; Ernie Moniz confirmed as Energy Secretary; Stephen Chu wishes he'd accomplished more on climate change; Japan takes first step to a permanent reactor shutdown after Fukushima ... PLUS: Vote with your wallet in the supermarket? There's an app for that ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': CO2 Madness, Obama Scandalpalooza On crossing 400ppm C02 milestone w/ Brad Johnson of ForecastTheFacts.org; On Obama's tidal wave of scandals, real and fake; MORE...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Holder: 'Banks Are NOT too Big To Jail' Attorney General wants to be 'very, very, very clear' that about that...before not jailing any of them in the last four years since they crashed the economy....
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! IRS 'Scandal' Appears Nearly as Phony as Shirley Sherrod, Van Jones, ACORN 'Scandals' ..... Those fake scandals, however, all three of them, were shams. They were eventually identified as such, though only after a great deal of harm to Sherrod, Jones and ACORN had already been done by the Democrats who fell for them and acted out of knee-jerk and cowardly fear to try and contain the perception of "scandal" which was, naturally, helped along by the very loud misreporting of "the nightly news". The supposed IRS "scandal", as we detailed yesterday both here at The BRAD BLOG and at Salon --- after having bothered to actually read the full Treasury Department Inspector General's report [PDF] before reporting on it (didn't anybody else?!) --- appears almost as phony as those other three "scandals", despite the "outrage" over seemingly non-existent "misconduct", as Obama described it, by IRS employees. .......
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast May 13, 2013 Jason Leopold Breaks Another Big Story, Reveals Gitmo Force-Feeding Manual
• PBC Standard Podcast May 15, 2013 Prof. Robert McChesney on the Need for Media Reform, and Capitalism’s Corruption of the Internet
• PBC News & Comment May 15, 2013 PBC News & Comment: ObamaCo Doubletalk on AP Spying, IRS Scandal and Benghazi White House resurrects proposed reporter shield bill in attempt to distract from illegal AP spying and widespread surveillance; GOP pounces…
• PBC News & Comment May 16, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Finally, Some Beltway Outrage at ObamaCo Domestic Spying PBC welcomes corporate media to the battle for Bill of Rights protections from government snooping–reporters aren’t the only victims…..
• PBC News & Comment May 17, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Perpetual War, No End In Sight Pentagon says war against al Qaeda likely for “10 to 20 years” as Senate considers limits on AUMF, the 9/11 blank check….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Investigative journalist Josh Israel will tell us why the IRS needed to investigate the Tea Party.
• Author and journalist Steven Rosenfeld will talk about the growing corporate influence within the White House.
• Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will be here to talk about the push to privatize public education.
• And attorneys Joe Cotchett and Mike Burg will join us for a discussion on how private, corporate money is undermining academic research.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- We’ll tell you how lobbyists have found a way to influence government policies from inside government. Attorneys Howard Nations and Dave TeSelle will join us for that discussion.
- Wall Street bankers are stealing billions of dollars from cities and states every year, and securities attorney James Kauffman will tell you how that scheme is bankrupting America, one municipality at a time.
- The Supreme Court consistently rules in favor of big business, and author and legal scholar Niall McCarthy will tell us how our courts became just another wing of corporate America.
- And the insurance industry is gouging doctors with absurd premiums, and laying the blame on the legal system. Linda Lipsen, the CEO of the American Association for Justice, will tell you why that claim is completely false.
- We’ll tell you how lobbyists have found a way to influence government policies from inside government. Attorneys Howard Nations and Dave TeSelle will join us for that discussion.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 5/13/13 Isabel Macdonald: GOP’s Drug-Testing Dragnet
• TUESDAY 5/14/13 Scandals: Real & Imagined!
• THURSDAY 5/16/13 Sandra Steingraber: Jailed Fighting Toxic Trespass
• FRIDAY 5/17/13 Ari Berman & Jim Gaffigan, Casual Friday!
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here! • ‘CANTILLON EFFECTS’ AND THE NONNEUTRALITY OF INTERNATIONAL RESERVES by staceyherbert - Stacy Summary: Excellent report by our latest Keiser Report guest, John Butler. I can’t get enough of pieces on the Cantillon Effect,’ first introduced to me by John Aziz. Max had also indirectly identified this phenomenon in arguing that workers should tie their wages to money supply as bankers do . . . via the Cantillon Effect. READ Cantillon Effects and the Non-neutrality of International Reserves (atomcapital.co.uk) • The Collapse Of Fiat Money by a Falling Energy Supply by The Doc - Each passing day, the world gets closer to a total collapse of the global fiat monetary system. After the United States unilaterally terminated the convertibility of the U.S. Dollar to gold in 1971, the world has been settling trade on borrowed time. It was full faith in the dollar and U.S. Treasury market that allowed global trade to continue for 4 decades. However, faith in the dollar is waning as debts, derivatives and dishonesty plague the financial system. Most analysts (including many in the precious metal camp) are wasting time debating over the mere symptoms and not the disease itself. We must remember, debts are nothing more than “Energy IOU’s.” To pay back a debt, energy has to be burned so the market can generate goods and services. Thus, this allows for growth to continue which provides a surplus of wealth enabling the repayment of debts. The problem the world is facing, is not the huge amount of derivatives or debts, but the availability and affordability of its future energy supply. Actually, the world has not been able to afford the energy that it has been consuming for quite some time now. Basically, the world (especially the U.S.) cannot not afford its way of life, so it has created a system of debts and derivatives to cover up and mask the problems. The collapse of the dollar is already taking place. It has more to do with energy… than most realize. Click here for more on the coming collapse of fiat currency. • The BBC’s Program “Bankers – Fixing The System” by Rowan BosworthDavies - believe that the idea that the financial sector is little more than an organised criminal enterprise run by a group of mafia elites is an idea whose time has come. It is no longer unusual to hear the City of London or Wall Street referred to as criminal enterprises, indeed Professor Jeffrey Sachs, one of America’s leading commentators on financial crime in the suites, in a recent interview - (which you can watch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPefDfJDao,) has described Wall Street as engaging in a “…mountain of criminal behaviour…” He identifies that where we used to talk about ‘bubbles or mistakes’, we are now looking at “…criminal fraud operating in an essentially lawless environment…” • Investors are treating gold’s current travails as a buying opportunity in record numbers. by maxkeiser - READ Five Reasons Why Gold Bulls Are Right (WSJ) • KEISER REPORT [KR445] Keiser Report: Sacred Dow We behold the Sacred Dow, worshipped by economists and analysts around the world and to which whole economies and jobs have been sacrificed to keep it rising. They compare the Japanese bond market to Fukushima. Markets have become so distorted by manipulation, they argue that like godzilla, one day the market will go where it needs to go and it will smash down buildings and economies with it. In the second half, Max talks to John Butler of Amphora about confusing price signals caused by market manipulating central bankers and the misallocation of capital this encourages. They also talk about Japan’s economy, Krugman’s bond allegations and Mrs. Watanabe’s gold shopping spree. • KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Whimsical Price Tyranny We examine stories about those who, using spoof trades, bogus securities and fictitious capital, steal real wealth and income. They discuss how it is that every benchmark index is rigged and introduce the concept of the ‘bonus benchmark.’ In the second half, Max talks to Dr. Michael Hudson, author of The Bubble and Beyond, about debt and wage deflation and about the intersection of interest rates and wages going back to David Ricardo when wages were measured against the price of bread to today when they are measured against the price of debt. • ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog. • THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1276] The Truth About Markets – 04 May 2013 The Truth About Credit Defraud Swaps and Incarcerated Trolls. Download show HERE (mp3) • THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1277] The Truth About Max Keiser’s Internet Connection The Truth About Credit Defraud Swaps and Incarcerated Trolls. Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 5/14/13 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses the DOJ’s surreptitious collection of Associated Press phone records after two reporters scooped the White House on the foiled "UndieBomb 2.0" plot; the Saudi undercover infiltrator (on the payroll of the British and Saudis) at the center of the alleged AQAP terrorism plot; the Obama administration’s war on (unflattering) leaks and confidential media sources; and the biometric ID proposal in the new immigration bill.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 5/15/13 Ray McGovern: Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern discusses the scores of Guantanamo prisoners being denied the right to “escape” by starving themselves to death; how Obama could close Guantanamo – if he really wanted to; using civil disobedience to effect political change; why Americans remain almost completely ignorant of Israel’s attack on the USS Liberty in 1967; and Mearsheimer and Walt’s incomplete analysis of the Israel lobby.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Dan Pfeiffer, Senior Advisor to the President
• Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml