Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
MOTHERS DAY 2013 Happy Mom's Day to all the Moms out there! There are certainly some happy moms in Guatemala this weekend. We begin with this historic verdict as reported in The Daily Telegraph Guatemala's former leader found guilty of genocide Former Guatemalan dictator Efrain Rios Montt has been found guilty of genocide and war crimes in a landmark ruling stemming from massacres of indigenous people in his country's long civil war. Rios Montt thus became the first Latin American ex-dictator convicted of trying to exterminate an entire group of people, in a brief but particularly gruesome stretch of a war that started in 1960, dragged on for 36 years and left around 200,000 people dead or missing. The 86-year-old was sentenced to 80 years in prison, although he vowed to appeal. He got 50 years for genocide and 30 years for war crimes. "The defendant is responsible for masterminding the crime of genocide," Judge Jazmin Barrios said. "The corresponding punishment must be imposed." She said he was also guilty of war crimes. The court, filled with victims and their relatives, erupted in applause and cheers. Other Latin American countries, such as Chile, Brazil and Argentina, were also ruled by cruel military despots in the 1970s and 80s and some leaders and officers have been convicted for abuses. But this was the first time an outright genocide conviction was handed down in the region. Activists say the verdict was also historic because it marked the first time anywhere in the world that a court has found one of its country's citizens guilty of genocide – a systematic attempt to eliminate an entire group of people for racial, religious, political or other reasons. ...... Rios Montt seized power in 1982 and ruled for 18 months in what is widely considered one of the darkest periods of the country's agony of civil war between the military and leftist rebels. Under his rule, the army carried out a scorched earth policy against indigenous peoples, accusing them of backing rebel forces. In this trial, Rios Montt and his former intelligence chief Jose Rodriguez were accused of ordering the army to carry out 15 massacres that left 1,771 Maya Ixil Indians dead in Quiche in northern Guatemala. Rodriguez was acquitted. .......
NEXT Robert Reich explains the Republican plan of The Hollowing Out of Government ..... In effect, much of our nation’s worker safety laws and rules have been quietly repealed because there aren’t enough inspectors to enforce them. That’s been the Republican strategy in general: When they can’t directly repeal laws they don’t like, they repeal them indirectly by hollowing them out — denying funds to fully implement them, and reducing funds to enforce them. Consider taxes. Republicans have been unable to round up enough votes to cut taxes on big corporations and the wealthy as much as they’d like, so what do they do? They’re hollowing out the IRS. As they cut its enforcement budget – presto! — tax collections decline. Despite an increasing number of billionaires and multi-millionaires using every tax dodge imaginable – laundering their money through phantom corporations and tax havens (Remember Mitt’s tax returns?) — the IRS’s budget has been cut by 17 percent since 2002, adjusted for inflation. ....... This budget stinginess doesn’t save the government money. Quite the opposite. Less IRS enforcement means less revenue. It’s been estimated that every dollar invested in the IRS’s enforcement, modernization and management system reduces the federal budget deficit by $200, and that furloughing 1,800 IRS “policemen” will cost the Treasury $4.5 billion in lost revenue. But congressional Republicans aren’t interested in more revenue. Their goal is to cut taxes on big corporations and the wealthy. ...... In a similar manner, congressional Republicans and their patrons on Wall Street who opposed the Dodd-Frank financial reform law have been hollowing out the law by making sure agencies charged with implementing it don’t have the funds they need to do the job. As a result, much of Dodd-Frank – including the so-called “Volcker Rule” restrictions on the kind of derivatives trading that got the Street into trouble in the first place – is still on the drawing boards. Perhaps more than any other law, Republicans hate the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Yet despite holding more than 33 votes to repeal it, they still haven’t succeeded. So what do they do? Try to hollow it out. ...... Repealing laws by hollowing them out — failing to fund their enforcement or implementation — works because the public doesn’t know it’s happening. Enactment of a law attracts attention; de-funding it doesn’t. The strategy also seems to bolster the Republican view that government is incompetent. If government can’t do what it’s supposed to do – keep workplaces safe, ensure that the rich pay taxes they owe, protect small investors, implement Obamacare – why give it any additional responsibility? The public doesn’t know the real reason why the government isn’t doing its job is it’s being hollowed out.
IN A RELATED MATTER Writing at the Campaign for America's Future blog Isaiah J. Poole explains The Bite of Apple: Firm Dodges Enough Taxes To Cover Much of Sequester The scheme that Apple cooked up this week to finance a $55 billion stock buyback for its shareholders was orchestrated to avoid paying $9.2 billion in taxes, Bloomberg reported Friday. That $9.2 billion tax bill that Apple dodged would have been enough to make unnecessary all of the major budget cuts we’ve been writing about this week as part of our “Repeal the Sequester” campaign. With $9.2 billion, the federal government could have (based on lists compiled by The Washington Post’s Wonkblog and Think Progress): [ .... Big List .....] Apple was able to do this because of techniques it uses to keep its U.S.-made profits offshore, and because of provision in the tax code that allows it to deduct interest it pays on money it borrows. That’s a double whammy: It does not pay the taxes it should on the money it earns from all of those i-whatevers we buy (including the Macbook Pro I am using to type this post) and it gets money from the government when it borrows money from a big bank rather than using the money from its overseas stockpile. Apple makes great products, but the obscenity of its use of the tax code to avoid paying its fair share for the functions of government that make its success possible is only exceeded by the tax code itself and the nexus of ideology and corporate greed that created it. This latest news from Apple underscores the need to end corporate tax evasion – not with lobbyist-written schemes like the “territorial tax” that would essentially engrave offshore tax dodging into the tax code but with fair, more progressive tax structures that require corporations to pay taxes on their earnings just as working people must by April 15 every year. Think about that next time you want to plop down yer hard-earned cash for the next Mac, iPod, iPad or iPhone. And Isaiah J. Poole also posts this VIDEO Rick Perlstein: Questions The Senate Should Ask Penny Pritzker (Video) who has been nominated as the next Commerce Secretary in the Obomber administration! Go watch this now!
At HangTheBankers.com Clark Kent tells us GM wheat could permanently damage human genetics by silencing hundreds of genes throughout the body It is one of the only major food crops left without a genetically-modified (GM) counterpart, but this could soon change if the Australian government gets its way in approving a GM wheat variety developed by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), an agency of the Australian government. Despite being hailed by its creators as a breakthrough in food production technology, the GM wheat crop itself, when ingested, has the potential to permanently alter the human genome by silencing hundreds of genes throughout the body. This disturbing fact, of course, makes GM wheat a major public health threat, which is why a number of scientific experts are urging extreme caution with the human trial and commercial approval process. During a recent press conference with Safe Food Foundation Director Scott Kinnear, two prominent authorities on the subject discussed the inherent dangers of GM wheat, and how the “Frankencrop” threatens to seriously injure and even kill untold numbers of people who could experience dramatic genetic alterations as a result of consumption. “What we found is that the molecules created in this wheat, intended to silence wheat genes, can match human genes,” explains Professor Jack Heinemann, a Molecular Biologist at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand, about the dangers of CSIRO’s untested GM wheat. “And through ingestion, these molecules can enter human beings and potentially silence our genes.” Heinemann goes on to explain that he and his team have already identified more than 770 pages’ worth of potential matches between two specific genes in the GM wheat and genes inherent in the human genome that could be altered by them. Beyond this, more than a dozen matches were found to be identical and “sufficient to cause silencing in experimental systems,” according to Heinemann. You can watch the complete press release here: [VIDEO] ...... Prof. Judy Carman, a biochemist and Director of the Institute of Health and Environmental Research (IHER) at Flinders University in Australia, “We need to make what’s called glycogen in the body in order to be able to live, in order to be able to wake up in the morning after an overnight fast and to be able to have a burst of energy to run across a road. And if this silences the same sort of gene in us as it silences in the wheat, then children who are born with this enzyme not working tend to die by the age of about five, and adults with this problem just get kind of more and more sick and more and more tired until they get very, very ill.” ....... Be sure to check out the Greenpeace report on CSIRO’s GM wheat entitled The biotech takeover of our daily bread (pdf). (Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/040150_GM_wheat_gene_silencing_GMO_foods.html) Be sure to watch the interview with MICHAEL POLLAN on DN!'s Monday show (link below).
Climatologist Dr. James Hansen writes at HuffPoAOL about Norway, Canada, the United States and the Tar Sands (cross-posted from http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/) Today 36 Norwegian organizations sent an open letter to Prime Minister Stoltenberg expressing opposition to development of Canadian tar sands by Statoil (the Norwegian state is majority shareholder of Statoil). Signatories include not only environmental organizations, but a broad public spectrum, including, appropriately, many youth organizations. It is encouraging that Norwegian youth press their government to stop supporting tar sands development, given the fact that Norway saves much of its oil earnings for future generations and given the fact that Norway is not likely among the nations that will suffer most from climate change. I wonder if the Norway government response will be better than their response in 2010. The gap between public preference and government policy is not unique to Norway. Similar situations were found in other nations, as described in "Storms of My Grandchildren." Governments talk green while doing black, supporting or even subsidizing the fossil fuel industry while doing little to solve fossil fuel addiction. ...... There is a basis for optimism that the Keystone pipeline can be stopped and tar sands exploitation phased down before it becomes the monstrosity that oil companies are aiming for. Tar sands make no economic sense if fossil fuels pay their true costs to society via a gradually rising fee collected from fossil companies in proportion to the amount of carbon in the fuel. ...... The common presumption that President Obama is going to approve the Keystone XL pipeline is wrong, in my opinion. The State Department must provide an assessment to President Obama. Secretary of State John Kerry is expert on the climate issue and has long been one of the most thoughtful members of our government. I cannot believe that Secretary Kerry would let his and President Obama's legacies go down the tar sands drain.
The BBC's Environment analyst Roger Harrabin explains a new study that is showing the Arctic Ocean 'acidifying rapidly' The Arctic seas are being made rapidly more acidic by carbon dioxide emissions, according to a new report. Scientists from the Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP) monitored widespread changes in ocean chemistry in the region. They say even if CO2 emissions stopped now, it would take tens of thousands of years for Arctic Ocean chemistry to revert to pre-industrial levels. Many creatures, including commercially valuable fish, could be affected. They forecast major changes in the marine ecosystem, but say there is huge uncertainty over what those changes will be. It is well known that CO2 warms the planet, but less well-known that it also makes the alkaline seas more acidic when it is absorbed from the air. ...... The researchers say the Nordic Seas are acidifying over a wide range of depths - most quickly in surface waters and more slowly in deep waters. The report’s chairman, Richard Bellerby from the Norwegian Institute for Water Research, told BBC News that they had mapped a mosaic of different levels of pH across the region, with the scale of change largely determined by the local intake of freshwater. “Large rivers flow into the Arctic, which has an enormous catchment for its size,” he said. “There’s slow mixing so in effect we get a sort of freshwater lens on the top of the sea in some places, and freshwater lowers the concentration of ions that buffers pH change. The sea ice has been a lid on the Arctic, so the loss of ice is allowing fast uptake of CO2.” This is being made worse, he said, by organic carbon running off the land – a secondary effect of regional warming. “Continued rapid change is a certainty,” he said. “We have already passed critical thresholds. Even if we stop emissions now, acidification will last tens of thousands of years. It is a very big experiment.” ....... Ruh Roh!
We at Brick TeeVee are always skeptical about what is presented as factual news on the corporate media and rightfully so as documented by Mark Ames at nsfwcorp.com and reprinted at Alternet: Welcome to what passes for the "liberal" media. How Planet Money, This American Life and NPR Have Become Key Players in the Bankers’ Propaganda War on What's Left of Our Social Contract .....Why would NPR run such a flawed, biased story? The answer takes us right to the heart of Wall Street’s plans to privatize government benefits, which Wall Street bond holders want to slash for their own profits. ..... It’s the sort of rancid old 1930s anti-New Deal propaganda that the American Liberty League or NAM or the Chamber of Commerce used to puke out on a regular basis. But this is 2013, meaning this time around, the battleground is on the putative left, pitting the Democratic Party leaders including Obama against the people who voted for him, and who have nowhere else to turn. On the Democratic Party’s side: their funders on Wall Street, and their neoliberal propagandists in pundit-land and in universities. The key isn’t winning over right-wing conservatives, but rather affluent progressives — i.e., Planet Money's and NPR’s audience. If they can flip that demographic, Social Security is privatized toast. The good thing is that the piece was such obvious crap, so intellectually flawed and propaganda-soaked, that Ira Glass and the This American Life/Planet Money/NPR people were forced to respond to their critics. The downside is that the critics were far too respectful, basing their criticism on factual flaws rather than on the corruption that made the flawed reporting not just possible, but inevitable. ...... As we reported last year at our SHAME Project and in my piece for the NSFWCORP, Planet Money has a serious conflict-of-interest problem when it reports on anything involving the banking sector. Planet Money’s sole sponsor, as of late last year, is Ally Bank (formerly GMAC), one of the world’s most toxic subprime lenders. Ally/GMAC preyed on Americans on the upside, then plundered taxpayers for over $17 billion in TARP bailout funds when their fraud schemes came crashing down. As we showed, the disturbing overlap between GMAC’s lobbying efforts against bank regulation bills, and Planet Money programs attacking that legislation and its promoters, means that Planet Money has essentially doubled as a sophisticated PR vessel targeting a key audience unaware of the Planet Money/NPR financial arrangement with the banking industry. ...... When you know that Planet Money’s sole sponsor is a predatory lender, this hit-piece on Social Security "disability queens" makes an appalling sort of sense. Social Security is actually a fully funded and well-managed program. That’s precisely why Wall Street has been trying to grab it for years. ...... This is the sort of thing you expect from a Murdoch operation, not from NPR or This American Life. But why would any honorable NPR staffers go along with this sleazy project? Well, to put it bluntly, the staff of Planet Money are pretty sleazy themselves. Here’s a brief summary of their sordid publication histories: In 2010, Chana Joffe-Walt co-authored with Adam Davidson an appalling piece of "blame-the Greeks" propaganda that could have been written by a giant bond fund. (Oddly enough, half the piece takes place in the offices of PIMCO, the world’s largest bond fund.) Their piece blames Greece’s debt problems squarely on the bad big-spending Greek government and Greek public-sector workers like teachers. And, while vilifying teachers, Joffe-Walt and Davidson portray bond magnates as helpless well-meaning victims..... So the mystery of Chana Joffe-Walt’s ideological baggage is solved: She’s an austerity-theorist, just like her boss Adam Davidson and just like their show’s sole sponsor, Ally Bank (which just happened to take over $17 billion in taxpayer bailout money). .... Chana Joffe-Walt’s job, selling bank propaganda to ostensibly progressive media, seems to run in her family. Chana’s brother, Benjamin Joffe-Walt, works in the heart of the Mega-Bank propaganda business, as a Washington DC-based "Strategic Communications & Public Relations Specialist" currently heading Change.org’s public relations. Benjamin is using Change.org exactly the same way his sister is using NPR: exploiting a trusted source to churn out corporate PR. Change.org used to be one of the most successful progressive grassroots organizing outfits, a site for online petitions that translate into political action. Then late last year, Change.org was furtively taken over by the PR industry, monetizing the credibility Change.org had built up and making it available to front-groups, the public relations industry and advertisers. Last year, Ryan Grim at the Huffington Post exposed Change.org internal memos laying out the group’s transformation into a fake-progressive front: ........ Which brings me to the last interesting thing I noticed: The Planet Money/This American Life/NPR hit-piece on Social Security lists as its sponsor the Lincoln Financial Group. That’s interesting because the Lincoln Financial Group, like Ally Bank/GMAC, took bailout money through a sneaky way: It bought a collapsed thrift, Newton County Loan and Savings, for pennies on the dollar, then reclassified itself as a banking institution, and voila! Lincoln qualified for nearly 1 billion dollars in taxpayer TARP funds! ..... So unless it’s a complete coincidence that Lincoln Financial’s ads keep popping up as the Planet Money sponsor for the show about disability queens, it looks like once again, Planet Money, This American Life and NPR have the same "failure to communicate their conflict-of-interest and media corruption" problem that we wrote about last summer. They’ve done nothing to address the corruption in their editorial process. No one is holding Planet Money, This American Life or NPR accountable for clear conflict-of-interest. Read on for more of the sordid details!
Along these lines Consortium News founder Robert Parry nails CNN's chief navel-gazer and self-appointed DC-concensus-cop Howie Kurtz in Howard Kurtz’s Belated Comeuppance For nearly a quarter century, Howard Kurtz has served as hall monitor for Washington’s conventional wisdom, handing out demerits to independent-minded journalists who don’t abide by the mainstream rules. So, there is some understandable pleasure seeing Kurtz face some accountability in his ouster as bureau chief for Newsweek and The Daily Beast. However, the more salient point is that Kurtz, who continues to host CNN’s “Reliable Sources” show, should never have achieved the level of influence in journalism that he did. Throughout his career, he has consistently – and unfairly – punished journalists who had the courage to ask tough questions and pursue truly important stories. When one looks at the mess that is modern journalism in the United States, a chief culprit has been Howard Kurtz. Yet, his downfall did not come because of his smearing of fellow journalists – like Gary Webb and Helen Thomas – but rather from a blog post that unfairly criticized basketball player Jason Collins after he revealed that he was gay. ..... Read on about the details of Gary Webb's reporting on Iran-Contra and Howie's role in Webb's demise, plus Howie and the Bush-Gore 2000 Recount fiasco and Howie's relentless smear job on Helen Thomas.
MORE PROPAGANDA: Richard Eskow writes for Nation of Change 60 Minutes and the Billionaire Agenda: 1, “Counterinsurgency Cops” This Sunday’s episode of 60 Minutes was a brilliant case study in the media’s ability to manipulate the public mind. The entire hour is worth studying, if only as one of the most illuminating and sophisticated examples of media manipulation in recent memory.
Who, What, When, Where …The most important editorial decision may not be how to cover a story, but which stories will be covered at all. But once a story is assigned, however that happens, the journalist’s responsibility is to inform readers – or the audience – of its meaning and context. 60 Minutes failed both tests. In this case, the misinformation seems deliberate. The intended message seems to be government can’t help us. We must militarize or cities and depend on the generosity of billionaires, or we don’t stand a chance.… and Why ..... Read on!
WIKILEAKS UPDATE: We urge you to read The Death of Truth by Chris Hedges at TruthDig.com in its entirety and listen to the audio clips of Hedges' recent interview with Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks still holed up in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London. It is, he said, like living in a “space station.”
MANNING TRIAL UPDATE: Reporting at AntiWar.com Jason Ditz reports Manning Judge Orders Secret Practice Trial Aims at Preparing to Stifle Evidence in Secret Actual Trial In a move which even the prosecution called “unprecedented,” the Pfc Bradley Manning case is going to hold a secret practice trial. Dubbed a “dry run” by some familiar with the process, it will be a closed-door run-through of some of the witnesses during which the judge can practice avoiding public disclosures of information relating to the case. The goal is to keep “classified evidence,” which appears to be virtually the only kind there is in a case where the Pentagon won’t even publicly release official court rulings, from being inadvertently disclosed. Exactly how much of the real trial will be kept a secret will be decided in the practice run, which will be itself secret. Efforts to keep the evidence a secret have already been ridiculous in some cases, including allowing testimony from people using pseudonyms and wearing disguises. Reportedly they are now considering allowing the prosecution to use “written summaries” of the secret evidence they have in lieu of the actual evidence. Manning was originally arrested three years ago while stationed in Iraq and has been subjected to abuse while in custody. Efforts to arrange a military trial for him have gone at a snail’s pace, with the judge ruling it was “reasonable” that Manning’s right to a speedy trial under military law, explicitly made out to be 120 days, was simply ignored. .........
FIRST REPORTED BY ARLNOW.COM Air Force Officer Accused of Sexual Battery The chief of the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response branch of the U.S. Air Force was arrested and charged with sexual battery in Arlington over the weekend. Lt. Col. Jeff Krusinski is accused of fondling a woman in a Crystal City parking lot early Sunday morning. “A drunken male subject approached a female victim in a parking lot and grabbed her breasts and buttocks,” according to a Arlington County Police Department crime report. “The victim fought the suspect off as he attempted to touch her again and alerted police.” “Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, VA, was arrested and charged with sexual battery,” police said. “He was held on a $5,000 unsecured bond.” An Air Force spokeswoman confirmed Krusinski’s rank, job title and the fact that he works at the Pentagon to ARLnow.com, but had no further comment. The victim did not know Krusinski, said Arlington County Police spokesman Dustin Sternbeck. Police were unable to say how Krusinski sustained cuts on his face that appeared in his booking photo. He did not require medical treatment. Update at 5:05 p.m. — Lt. Col. Krusinski has been removed from his position pending an investigation, NBC News reports. Oddly enough a new Pentagon report shows big jump in sex crimes in military reports David Alexander at Rueters The Obama administration expressed outrage about a recent high-profile Air Force groping scandal on Tuesday as the Pentagon released a study estimating that the number of sex crimes involving military personnel soared 37 percent last year. The annual Pentagon report, which estimated there were 26,000 sex crimes ranging rape to abusive sexual contact in 2012, came a day after the Air Force removed the officer in charge of its anti-sexual assault office for allegedly groping a civilian in a suburban parking lot near the Pentagon. ..... Releasing the Pentagon's annual report on sexual assault in the military, Hagel said the Defense Department was "outraged and disgusted over these very troubling allegations." He warned that the problem of sexual assault had reached a point that it could jeopardize the military's ability to attract and retain personnel. "Sexual assault is a despicable crime and one of the most serious challenges facing this department," he said. "It's a threat to the safety and the welfare of our people and the health, reputation and trust of this institution. The Pentagon study found there were 3,374 reported cases of sexual assault in 2012, up nearly 200 from the 3,192 reported in 2011. Using survey data, the department estimated there were 26,000 cases of unwanted sexual contact in 2012, compared to 19,000 in 2011. More men than women reported unwanted sexual contact - 13,900 versus 12,100 - but a higher proportion of female personnel were affected - 6.1 percent, versus 1.2. percent - the study found. ..... "Despite pledges of zero tolerance from the military ... this report provides troubling evidence that we are going in the wrong direction," said Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand from New York, who said she would introduce legislation next week. Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Chief of Staff General Mark Welsh faced sharp questions over the sexual assault issue at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Tuesday. They said they were appalled by Krusinski's weekend arrest, but they resisted lawmakers' calls to remove prosecutions of sexual assault and rape from the military chain of command. .... Jaclyn Friedman, executive director of Women, Action, and the Media was on DN! Thursday talking about the released Cleveland kidnap victims (link below) and began the interview, "I really see this case as an extreme example of a pervasive dynamic in our culture, which is one of toxic masculinity. It’s our dominant construction of masculinity, and it really expresses itself as masculinity constructed as power over women, women being dehumanized, being sort of things for use by men for pleasure or other purposes. So, it’s really easy to focus on this guy as a monster and an outlier, but it really expresses something that we see all over the culture, which is men trained to think that the way to be a man is to have power over and to dehumanize women." And she could have been talking about Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Chief of Staff General Mark Welsh as well. Or any number of religions. She added, "I mean, the military is the ultimate power over masculine structure. It goes back to toxic masculinity and total impunity for rapists. We know that when people come forward and do bring rape charges—we know most rapes are not reported, right? When they are reported, we know they’re very unlikely to be prosecuted, when compared with other violent crimes. And we know that even when they are prosecuted, we know they’re very unlikely to result in convictions. That happens within the military; it happens outside the military. And that’s why sexual violence is a pandemic in this country and elsewhere." Good interview! And even though the Cleveland kidnapping-and-rescue story was The Shiny Object of The Week and blanketed the cable news shows (and local teevee news too) we point you to the Cleveland Scene's Eric Sandy and his cover story FOUND ALIVE. Eric Sandy is also interviewed by Juan Gonzales and Amy Goodman so see that link below as well. As for the Sunday Bubalas this week the GOPhers still have their panties all in a bunch about Benghazi so if you tune in any of these THROW BRICKS! We recommend Peter B Collins with Boliing Frogs Sibel Edmonds & Pepe Escobar and Kevin Gozstola on Manning Trial updates, Sam Seder and Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi, any of the Keiser Report shows with Max and Stacey, Ring of Fire Radio AND TV shows plus The Green News Report with Brad and Desi! Thank you moms everywhere! Do something nice for a mother you know today! And tomorrow too! Because moms do everything every day! See you next week!
- Michael Pollan Michael Pollan on How Reclaiming Cooking Can Save Our Food System, Make Us Healthy & Grow Democracy
- Journalst Robert Fisk Robert Fisk on Syria’s Civil War, Chemical Weapons "Theater" & Obama’s Backing of Israeli Strikes
- Vanessa Potkin, senior staff attorney at the Innocence Project Mississippi to Execute Willie Manning Tonight After Rejecting DNA Tests & FBI’s Admission of Error
- John Carlos Frey, an investigative reporter working on behalf of the Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute "Over the Line": U.S. Agents Shooting Dead Innocent Mexicans Across the Border With Impunity
- Anuradha Bhagwati, executive director and co-founder of Service Women’s Action Network, or SWAN Pentagon Study Finds 26,000 Military Sexual Assaults Last Year, Over 70 Sex Crimes Per Day
- Eduardo Galeano, author Eduardo Galeano, Chronicler of Latin America’s "Open Veins," on His New Book "Children of the Days"
- Eric Sandy, staff writer at the Cleveland Scene Did Police Negligence & Suspect Ariel Castro’s Unpunished Domestic Abuse Prolong Victims’ Captivity?
- Eric Sandy & Jaclyn Friedman, executive director of Women, Action, and the Media Behind the Cleveland Kidnappings, A Culture of "Toxic Masculinity" & Gender-Based Violence
- Melvin "Ricky" Maclin, Armando Robles & Brendan Martin, president and founder of The Working WorldChicago Workers Open New Cooperatively Owned Factory Five Years After Republic Windows Occupation
- Allan Nairn, investigative journalist Prosecutors Seek 75-Year Sentence for U.S.-Backed Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt in Genocide Trial
- Allan Nairn, investigative journalist With Father and Sister Imprisoned, Exiled Bahraini Activist Maryam Alkhawaja Condemns Ongoing Abuses
- Maryam Alkhawaja, acting president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights Angela Davis and Assata Shakur’s Lawyer Denounce FBI’s Adding of Exiled Activist to Terrorists List
- Ben Wizner, attorney at the ACLU and director of the Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project Are the FBI and IRS Secretly Reading Your Email Without a Warrant?
»»» FEATURED SHOW New Era Windows Cooperative Is Open for Business in Chicago Meet the takers: They took over their factory, they took on their bosses, they took the initiative to form a worker cooperative and today they’re taking the wraps off a brand-new worker-owned company: New Era Windows. It opened May 9 in Chicago. more.......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NBA Playoffs on ABC SUNDAY 2nd Round Coverage! Game 4 Spurs @ Warriors 3:30 pm et (Spurs lead 2-1)
»»» NBA Playoffs on TNT MONDAY Game 4 Heat @ Bulls 7 pm et (Heat lead 2-1) THEN Game 4 Thunder @ Grizzles 9:30 pm et (Grizzlies lead 2-1)
»»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Blue Jays @ Red Sox 1:35 pm et
»»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Angels @ White Sox 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Short Manning hearing: four government witnesses to testify secretly May 7, 2013. By Nathan Fuller. Today's brief session included the court's rulings allowing four of the government's witnesses to testify in closed sessions in undisclosed locations in order to protect their identity. Tomorrow there will be an entirely closed session, providing a 'dry run' to test divulging classified information for trial. Manning returns to court for an open session May 21-24. AND Greg Palast for Vice MagazineBradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I.
• FOREIGN POLICY ROUNDTABLE: George Will; former Joint Chiefs of Staff Vice Chair Gen. James Cartwright (USMC, Ret.); Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus; and ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl
• POWERHOUSE ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Donna Brazile, Matthew Dowd, and Jonathan Karl, plus former Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe
• Sunday Spotlight - Moms on Capitol Hill : Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., Rep. Linda Sanchez, D-Calif., and soon-to-be mother Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, R-Wash.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Former secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.
• Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham
• Sen. John McCain
• Ambassador Thomas Pickering
• Maya Angelou, poet, writer and performer
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Rescue of Jessica Buchanan - In her first interview, the American aid worker recounts her terrifying kidnapping, captivity and dramatic nighttime rescue by Navy SEALs in the Somali desert. Scott Pelley reports. Robert Anderson is the producer.
• Succeeding As Civilians - Air Force veteran Mike Haynie, a business professor at Syracuse University, has created a course to teach vets how to start their own businesses. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports. Sumi Aggarwal is the producer.
• Bill Gates 2.0 - Charlie Rose visits Microsoft founder Bill Gates in his private office, where he shows a personal side that's rarely seen and displays a priceless Da Vinci manuscript that inspires the billionaire innovator and humanitarian. Denise Schrier Cetta is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA)
• Senate Intelligence Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
• Amb. Thomas Pickering
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) who is a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan; New York Times columnist David Brooks; the BBC’s Katty Kay; and Afghanistan veteran and author Wes Moore.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine)
• Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)
• Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican Consultant Alex Castellanos, Democratic Strategist Mo Elleithee, and The Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, May 10, 2013 ! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - May 9, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Senate GOP walks out, obstructs Obama's EPA nominee; OMB says EPA regulations pay off 10 to 1; Honeybee losses accelerate in US while feds stall on action; Another coal export terminal bites the dust in OR; PLUS: Shocker: Consumer Reports has a new all-time favorite car... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): "God won't save us": Sen. Whitehouse blasts GOP "magical thinking"; China cracks down on US trash exports; Debunking out-of-date clean energy conventional "wisdom"; Disease ravaging Africa's staple food crop; Crater reveals troubling future of global warming; US envoy's floats new climate treaty plan; BPA may lower testosterone; Leak shuts down MI nuke plant; Good news - Greenland melt rate to slow ... PLUS: Warning: Even in the best-case scenario, climate change will kick our asses ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': On SC's Unverifiable Election and Syria's Unverified Chemical Weapon Use JBrad's take on all of the above. Plus lots of great callers and more...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! INTERNET VOTING 'HACKED' ON NBC'S 'THE VOICE' NBC announced they 'encountered issues' with their Internet Voting system on their hit show this week. Thousands of votes are tossed out. Who coulda seen that coming?...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Jon Stewart Explains the GOP Benghazi 'Scandal' For You And it still makes little or no sense. Not that that's ever stopped the witch-hunters before...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast May 7, 2013 Boiling Frogs: Sibel Edmonds and Pepe Escobar on Boston Bombing’s International Implications
• PBC Standard Podcast May 8, 2013 Col. Ann Wright Updates the Struggle to End Sex Crimes in the Military; Journalist Kevin Gozstola on the Latest Pretrial Hearings in Bradley Manning Case
• PBC News & Comment May 9, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Obama Expected to Back FBI Wiretap Expansion Plan FBI boss Mueller, in 12th year of 10-year term, has plan to expand wiretapping in “overhaul” of surveillance laws….
• PBC News & Comment May 9, 2013 PBC News & Comment: (Almost) Secret Hearing on Secret Drone, Killing Programs House Progressive Dems hold important hearing on “secret” drone and killing programs, no coverage from corporate media or even C-SPAN….
• PBC News & Comment May 10, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Was the Benghazi Coverup to Protect CIA? Issa’s House committee and right wing media hammered Benghazi this week, as Washington Post validates PBC’s coverup theory about CIA….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Congressman Joseph Kennedy will be here to give us the latest on the sequester, and to let us know what the Democrats are doing to help solve America’s financial problems.
• Investigative journalist Gary Rivlin will be joining us to discuss the many ways in which Wall Street insiders are working to destroy Dodd-Frank.
• Investigative journalist and Nation Institute research fellow Lee Fang will tell us about his new book “The Machine.”
• And authors David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz will be here to discuss the dirty tricks employed by the lead industry.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- Corporations in America are turning to respected universities to draft phony research that will help boost corporate profits. Attorneys Joe Cotchett and Mike Burg tell you all about it.
- Congress’s approval ratings have hit an all time low, and we’ll talk with former National Trial Lawyer Association president Howard Nations about how both corporate money and the Tea Party fringe have made a mockery of our democracy.
- Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will join us to talk about the right wing push to privatize and destroy our public school system.
- Attorney Robert Price will discuss the dangers of the diabetes drug Actos – a drug that is causing cancer in some patients.
- And hospitals are ripping off patients at an astounding rate, and Ben Gordon will have all the details on how American consumers are being gouged by healthcare providers.
- Corporations in America are turning to respected universities to draft phony research that will help boost corporate profits. Attorneys Joe Cotchett and Mike Burg tell you all about it.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• TUESDAY 5/7/13 George & Beth Gage: Bidder 70: Jailed For Climate Action
• WEDNESDAY 5/8/13 Samir Sonti: Why We Need to Make University Free, and How We Can Do It
• THURSDAY 5/9/13 Matt Taibbi: Everything Is Rigged, The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
• FRIDAY 5/10/13 Cliff Schecter & H Jon Benjamin: Casual Friday!
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Chinese to Buffett and Bernanke: Go F*** Yourself by maxkeiser - READ Chinese Gold Imports Soar To Monthly Record On Insatiable Demand (zerohedge.com)
• Eastern Hemisphere Physical Gold Buying is Going to be the Federal Reserve’s Waterloo! by The Doc - Connecting all the dots, there is no question in my mind that the big price smashing of gold in mid-April was an operation designed to shake loose enough 400 oz. gold bars out of GLD in order to satisfy the enormous delivery demands coming from Asia, India and even within Europe. GLD is the only possible source of above-ground 400 oz. gold bars that could be used to satisfy this enormous demand for physically deliverable bars. At some point, and probably sooner than most people are willing to believe, this physical demand is going to force an upward “explosion” of the paper derivatives being used to hold down the spot price right now. In 30 years of studying and trading the financial markets, I have never seen contrarian indicators for any market sector flashing as bullishly as they are for gold and silver, which further confirms my view that the metals have bottomed and are getting ready to give those of us who held on the ride of a lifetime. Click here for more on the flow of physical gold East.
• The BBC’s Program “Bankers – Fixing The System” by Rowan BosworthDavies - believe that the idea that the financial sector is little more than an organised criminal enterprise run by a group of mafia elites is an idea whose time has come. It is no longer unusual to hear the City of London or Wall Street referred to as criminal enterprises, indeed Professor Jeffrey Sachs, one of America’s leading commentators on financial crime in the suites, in a recent interview - (which you can watch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPefDfJDao,) has described Wall Street as engaging in a “…mountain of criminal behaviour…” He identifies that where we used to talk about ‘bubbles or mistakes’, we are now looking at “…criminal fraud operating in an essentially lawless environment…”
• Spain is bankrupt, get your money out by maxkeiser - READ Read Between the Lines: IMF Admits Spain is Bankrupt; Get Your Money Out While You Can
• KEISER REPORT [KR441] Keiser Report: Suicide Sacrifice to God of Market We discuss that feeling you get when you’ve blown your life savings on a carnival game and all you have to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks and how the entire global financial system is not too dissimilar. They also note that those blowing their life savings on a rigged game, or stock market, always seem to turn to doubling down in a vain attempt to win back all that they lost. In the second half, Max talks to the author of Paper Money Collapse, Detlev Schlichter of DetlevSchlichter.com, about ECB policy, the gold battle between Chinese housewives and Wall Street.
• KEISER REPORT [KR442] Keiser Report: Strip Poker Charity, For Markets’ Sake We discuss the girl band cheering for quantitative easing and the former Bank of England economists charging George Osborne with deploying a ‘reckless’ Help to Buy housing scheme designed, they say, “to guarantee maximum damage to the UK’s long-term growth prospects and its fragile credit rating.” In the second half, Max talks to Pierre Jovanovic, the author of “Blythe Masters,” about the latest market manipulation scandal to hit JP Morgan and what it means for the future of Blythe Masters, the Head of Commodities at the bank.
• KEISER REPORT [KR443] Keiser Report: Virgin Bitcoin vs Old Hag Pound (ft. Frankie Boyle) We discuss the currency of an independent Scotland. Max argues that bitcoin will force the banking system to reinvent itself or die, for what can be more of an invisible hand but a cryptologically guarded, invisible currency. In the second half, Max talks to Glaswegian comedian, Frankie Boyle, about Scottish independence, Boris Johnson, the mainstream media, being semi-banned from the BBC and about George Osborne’s Help to Buy housing scheme being like eating toilet tissue while trapped in a loveless marriage caused by negative equity.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1276] The Truth About Markets – 04 May 2013 The Truth About Credit Defraud Swaps and Incarcerated Trolls. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1277] The Truth About Max Keiser’s Internet Connection The Truth About Credit Defraud Swaps and Incarcerated Trolls. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 5/9/13 Patrick Cockburn: Journalist Patrick Cockburn discusses why Iraq may be sliding into a civil war worse than in Syria; Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s “government of thieves;” the violent crackdown on Iraqi Sunni protestors who tried staging their own Egypt-style peaceful revolution; the Al-Qaeda associated fighters traversing the porous Iraq-Syria border; and the hastening fragmentation of Iraq into sectarian enclaves.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 5/3/13 Mikey Weinstein: Mikey Weinstein, founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, discusses the false accusations that he and his organization are anti-Christian and anti-military; the rules for proselytizing in the military – and what constitutes consent in a top-down chain of command structure; and the strong Dominionist Christian beliefs within mercenary/paramilitary groups like (ex) Blackwater.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• Rep Adam Smith of the Armed Services Committee (D-WA)
• Rep-Elect Mark Sanford (R-SC), former SC Governor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml