Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
MAY DAY 2013 Happy 20th Anniversary World Wide Web! Everything there is online about W3 is linked directly or indirectly to this document. Go to info.cern.ch for more links and info! AND HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO! Ernest A. Canning reports at BradBlog US Demands Hand-Counts for Venezuala, But Not For Us ...... The Sequoia-manufactured, Dominion-owned e-voting machine Obama used to cast his vote last year was the trade secret Intellectual Property of yet another company: Smartmatic Voting Systems, a Venezuela-based, international e-voting systems manufacturer and supplier which had long ago been tied to the late President Hugo Chávez. But a funny thing happened after the results of Venezuela's recent Presidential election were announced by the country's National Electoral Council (CNE). According to the electronic central tabulators of the country's 100% unverifiable Smartmatic DRE e-voting systems, Chávez protégé, Nicolas Maduro, had narrowly defeated the U.S.-backed Henrique Capriles. At that moment --- and only for Venezuela's election, clearly --- both the U.S. government and U.S. mainstream corporate media suddenly became election integrity converts. ....... When asked by the AP's Matthew Lee whether the U.S. would recognize the Maduro government now that the election had been certified by the CNE, the State Department's Patrick Ventrell said earlier this month: "We're not there yet." His sentiment would be echoed by Secretary of State John Kerry, ironically enough, in an appearance before Congress. Both Ventrell and Kerry claimed to be concerned about the "confidence of the Venezuelan people in the quality of the vote." Setting aside the fact that there is no way to know whether any computer-printed paper receipt accurately reflects the will of any voter in any election, the event underscores, once again, the striking duplicity of both the U.S. government and the corporate-owned mainstream media on the subject of democracy... Much more! JAMIE DIMON'S ENRON DIVISION: Reuters via ChiTrib FERC finds JPMorgan manipulated power trading: report (h/t msgeuax) Investigators from the agency that regulates power markets have found a unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co manipulated trading in the California and Michigan electricity markets, the New York Times reported, in what would be the latest government crackdown on trading abuses in the markets. The newspaper said it reviewed a confidential, 70-page government document that was sent to JPMorgan in March and that also criticized Blythe Masters, the bank's current head of global commodities and former chief financial officer. JPMorgan denied their employees did anything wrong related to the California and Michigan electricity trading. The Times, citing the document, said investigators from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) found JPMorgan devised "manipulative schemes" that transformed "money-losing power plants into powerful profit centers." The document came after a months-long inquiry into the bank's trading in power markets, one of several high-profile FERC investigations since its enforcement powers were expanded following the Enron scandal a decade ago...... READ the NYT article Scrutiny Falls on a Pioneer at JPMorgan for more details!
In a related matter CSM correspondent Sara Shahriari reports Bolivia's Evo Morales says 'adiós' to USAID Bolivia's President Evo Morales announced today that his government will expel the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The move coincides with Bolivia's annual May Day celebration, which has been used in the past as a date for President Morales to announce big moves like nationalizing the country's oil and gas industry. "They still believe that they can manipulate politically and economically, but those times have passed," Morales said of the US. He later accused USAID, which acts as the US government's humanitarian arm abroad, of attempting to influence local leaders through its programs, and objected to Secretary of State John Kerry's recent reference to Latin America as The United States' "backyard." ..... Morales, a former coca farmer who remains the leader of the Andean nation's largest coca growers union, has often spoken of his experience in the country's central Chapare region, where US-backed drug eradication policies led to sometimes violent conflicts with local residents. Since his 2005 presidential victory, Morales has clashed with the US over how to manage this indigenous crop. "Morales's contentious relationship with USAID originated as a result of the largely ineffective alternative development programs it enacted in the Chapare region, which at the peak of forced eradication required coca growers to eliminate their coca and leave unions before they receive aid," says Kathryn Ledebur, director of the Andean Information Network, a Bolivia-based advocacy group. "This longstanding mistrust was exacerbated after his election when the government accused USAID of working with opposition groups to undermine his administration," says Ms. Ledebur. .... Today's announcement comes days after a Bolivian court ruled that Morales can run for a third term in 2014. .... YER TAX DOLLARS AT WORK: We go to HuffPoAOL for a Reuters reprint CIA Bribes Karzai: Millions In 'Ghost Money' Paid To Afghanistan President's Office, New York Times Reports Tens of millions of U.S. dollars in cash were delivered by the CIA in suitcases, backpacks and plastic shopping bags to the office of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for more than a decade, the New York Times says, citing current and former advisers to the Afghan leader. The so-called "ghost money" was meant to buy influence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) but instead fuelled corruption and empowered warlords, undermining Washington's exit strategy from Afghanistan, the newspaper quoted U.S. officials as saying. "The biggest source of corruption in Afghanistan", one American official said, "was the United States." The CIA declined to comment on the report and the U.S. State Department did not immediately comment. The New York Times did not publish any comment from Karzai or his office. "We called it 'ghost money'," Khalil Roman, who served as Karzai's chief of staff from 2002 until 2005, told the New York Times. "It came in secret and it left in secret." There was no evidence that Karzai personally received any of the money, Afghan officials told the newspaper. The cash was handled by his National Security Council, it added. In response to the report, Karzai told reporters in Helsinki after a meeting with Finnish leaders that the office of the National Security Council had been receiving support from the U.S. government for the past 10 years. He said the amounts had been "not big" and the funds were used for various purposes including assistance for the wounded. "It's multi-purpose assistance," he said, without commenting on the report's claims the funds fuelled corruption and empowered warlords. ..... Read Matthew Rosenberg's piece With Bags of Cash, C.I.A. Seeks Influence in Afghanistan at The Gray Lady for more info!
Stephen C. Webster explains this Study: Belief in an angry God associated with variety of mental illnesses at RAWSTORY People who believe in an angry, punishing God are much more likely to suffer from a variety of mental illnesses, a scientific study published in the April edition of Journal of Religion & Health finds. The study, conducted by Marymount Manhattan College Assistant Psychology Professor Nava Silton, used data from the 2010 Baylor Religion Survey of US Adults to examine the links between beliefs and anxiety disorders like social dysfunction, paranoia, obsession and compulsion. ...... Controlling specifically to weed out the non-believers, Silton found that a belief in a forgiving, loving God is associated with positive psychological traits, “almost protecting against psychopathology,” she told Raw Story. But for those who think God is angry and preparing punishments for sinners, “that belief seems to be very much related to these negative symptoms,” Silton said. “If you look at the previous research, they’ve connected it to depression and all sorts of other psychiatric disorders,” she said. “We were looking at social phobia, obsession, compulsion, paranoia and a lot of features of anxiety disorders.” One thing Silton stressed is that her study should not be construed to have found a cause for such symptoms. “We are not looking at casual findings here,” she said. “We are looking at correlational findings. That means we’re not saying belief caused psychiatric symptoms, but we see relationships between beliefs and these psychiatric symptoms.” Silton said that while her study was mostly quantitative in nature, she’s looking forward to “asking more qualitative questions” in future work, specifically “to look into what else belief systems might be related to.” ......
We find this at USATODAY no less Troops inclined to proselytize may face court martial and wonder if the author has some "angry God issues". A Pentagon ban on proselytizing has left some conservative activists fearful that Christian troops — and even military chaplains — could face court martial for sharing their faith. The Defense Department said this week that proselytizing — trying to get someone to change faiths — is banned. Its statement does not define proselytizing or address the role of military chaplains. It also does not rule out court martial for those whose share their faith too aggressively. News of the ban came after an activist met with Air Force officials to demand that troops who spend too much time talking about Jesus be booted from the military. If superior officers try to convert those under their command, they should face a court martial, said Mikey Weinstein, president of the Albuquerque, N.M.-based Military Religious Freedom Foundation. Weinstein's demands caused a stir on Twitter after the Pentagon told Fox News about the ban on proselytizing. Ken Klukowski, a senior fellow at the Washington, D.C.-based Family Research Council, said a ban on proselytizing is impossible to enforce. Military personnel are free to talk about their faith, he said. ...... But new rules published last year by the Air Force warn leaders to be careful in talking about faith. ..... So we checked Mikey's website and did not find mention of this. Seems Mr. Bob Smietana of The Tennessean who wrote the USATOADY article may have been using a bit of "creative license"? We go to the DoD and Jim Garamone of the American Forces Press Service for DOD Counters Internet Posts on Religion Issue Internet posts making the rounds claiming that the Defense Department will court-martial service members who espouse Christianity are not true, a Pentagon spokesman said today. “The Department of Defense places a high value on the rights of members of the military services to observe the tenets of their respective religions and respects, [and supports by its policy] the rights of others to their own religious beliefs, including the right to hold no beliefs,” Navy Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christensen said in a written statement on the issue. “The department does not endorse any one religion or religious organization, and provides free access of religion for all members of the military services,” he added. Internet posts are attributing a statement that superior officers who try to convert those under their command should face court-martial to Mikey Weinstein, president of the Albuquerque, N.M.-based Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and are identifying him as a Pentagon advisor, Christensen noted. (Not just "internet posts" but the freakin' USA TOADY! -Ed.) “Mr. Weinstein is not part of any DOD advisory group or committee, nor is he a consultant to the Defense Department regarding religious matters,” Christensen said. “Mr. Weinstein requested, and was granted, a meeting at the Pentagon April 23, with the Air Force judge advocate general and others, to include the deputy chief of chaplains, to express his concerns of religious issues in the military.” Some bloggers have taken sections of Air Force Instruction 1-1 “Air Force Standards” -- specifically, the section titled “Government Neutrality Regarding Religion” -- out of context in supporting their take, Christensen said. “Leaders at all levels must balance constitutional protections for an individual’s free exercise of religion or other personal beliefs and the constitutional prohibition against governmental establishment of religion,” the instruction states...... Nuff said. GO TO MilitaryReligiousFreedom.org for the real deal. The Brick TeeVee Crew give the USA TOADY editors and Mr. Smietana Two Thumbs Down.
Also at Raw Story an example of what we covered last week about the WAR ON MUSLIMS: At Crooks and Liars Video Cafe see this video Man Angry Over Boston Bombings Breaks Jaw of 'F*cking Muslim' Iraq War Veteran A 39-year-old Muslim cab driver who served in the Iraq war says that an executive from an aviation company accused him of being a jihadist and broke his jaw in what activists are calling a hate crime. Mohamed A. Salim told The Washington Post that Emerald Aviation President Ed Dahlberg attacked him after he picked him up at Country Club of Fairfax in Northern Virginia at around 2 a.m. on Friday. Dahlberg had been drinking and was told that he would have to finish his open beer before getting into the cab. Salim recorded audio of the encounter on his cell phone. Dahlberg can be heard asking Salim, who emigrated from Somalia, to define "jihad" and then lumping him in with "radical fucking Muslims blowing people up all over the world." "Denounce those motherfuckers now!" Dahlberg demands. "If you're a fucking Muslim flying jets into the fucking World Trade Center then fuck you. I will slice your fucking throat right now." After Salim threatens to call 911, Dahlberg can be seen grabbing for the cell phone. Salim said that Dahlberg left the cab, but then returned and broke his jaw before running into the woods. Dahlberg was charged with misdemeanor assault and police are determining if charges should be elevated to a felony hate crime. The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) on Monday said that medical records and the 11-minute cell phone recording were being used as evidence in the case. In a statement, Dahlberg's attorney, Demetry Pikrallidas, admitted that his client "became rather emotional as the discussion turned to jihad and 9/11, and especially heated on the subject of jihadists who want to harm America." Pikrallidas insisted that Dahlberg did not assault Salim. (Here's the punchline: "I'm an American like you." -Ed.) Salim is a naturalized U.S. citizen and is an Army Reserve sergeant who has worked in intelligence and as a linguist. He served in Iraq and at the Guantanamo Bay detention center. "I sacrificed for this country," Salim told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday. "And I myself was fighting the terrorists and I'm against acts of violence. I'm not a terrorist. I'm not a jihadist. I'm American like you." And there's this Plane landing gear belonging to 9/11 Boeing jet found at 'Ground Zero mosque' (h/t TimFromLA) The horrors of 9/11 were revisited Friday when landing gear from a hijacked plane was discovered hidden behind the controversial “Ground Zero Mosque.” The grim discovery by surveyors bolstered claims the city mismanaged the cleanup after the terrorist attack, which has left more than 1,100 victims still unaccounted for, nearly 12 years later. The torn relic also brought renewed heartache to some victims’ families who opposed plans to build a Muslim place of worship at 51 Park Place, just two blocks north of the 9/11 Memorial. ...... The discovery was made in a narrow stretch behind the building, resurrecting memories of the bright September morning when two planes slammed into the twin towers. ..... A member of the NYPD aviation unit went to the scene and confirmed it was a plane’s landing gear. A check of its serial number linked the wreckage to the attack that killed 2,753 people. The piece of the doomed plane was found two blocks north of the Lower Manhattan site where the Freedom Tower is rising to replace the Twin Towers. The gear remained untouched Friday and won’t be moved until officials can test it for contaminants. ..... SPEAKING OF CONTAMINANTS at TomDispatch public health historians Gerald Markowitz and David Rosner write about their new book Lead Wars: The Politics of Science and the Fate of America’s Children in this post Tomgram: Rosner and Markowitz, Your Body Is a Corporate Test Tube A hidden epidemic is poisoning America. The toxins are in the air we breathe and the water we drink, in the walls of our homes and the furniture within them. We can’t escape it in our cars. It’s in cities and suburbs. It afflicts rich and poor, young and old. And there’s a reason why you’ve never read about it in the newspaper or seen a report on the nightly news: it has no name -- and no antidote. The culprit behind this silent killer is lead. And vinyl. And formaldehyde. And asbestos. And Bisphenol A. And polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). And thousands more innovations brought to us by the industries that once promised “better living through chemistry,” but instead produced a toxic stew that has made every American a guinea pig and has turned the United States into one grand unnatural experiment. Today, we are all unwitting subjects in the largest set of drug trials ever. Without our knowledge or consent, we are testing thousands of suspected toxic chemicals and compounds, as well as new substances whose safety is largely unproven and whose effects on human beings are all but unknown........ Regulation-Schmegulation, right you Randian regressives? Read how ALL of us have been poisoned at TomDispatch. NEXT Glenn Greenwald explains why Bradley Manning is off limits at SF Gay Pride parade, but corporate sleaze is embraced News reports yesterday indicated that Bradley Manning, widely known to be gay, had been selected to be one of the Grand Marshals of the annual San Francisco gay pride parade, named by the LGBT Pride Celebration Committee. When the predictable backlash instantly ensued, the president of the Board of SF Pride, Lisa L Williams, quickly capitulated, issuing a cowardly, imperious statement that has to be read to be believed. Williams proclaimed that "Manning will not be a grand marshal in this year's San Francisco Pride celebration" and termed his selection "a mistake". She blamed it all on a "staff person" who prematurely made the announcement based on a preliminary vote, and she assures us all that the culprit "has been disciplined": disciplined. She then accuses Manning of "actions which placed in harms way [sic] the lives of our men and women in uniform": a substance-free falsehood originally spread by top US military officials which has since been decisively and extensively debunked, even by some government officials (indeed, it's the US government itself, not Manning, that is guilty of "actions which placed in harms way the lives of our men and women in uniform"). And then, in my favorite part of her statement, Williams decreed to all organization members that "even the hint of support" for Manning's actions - even the hint - "will not be tolerated by the leadership of San Francisco Pride". Will not be tolerated. I originally had no intention of writing about this episode, but the more I discovered about it, the more revealing it became. So let's just consider a few of the points raised by all of this. First, while even a hint of support for Manning will not be tolerated, there is a long roster of large corporations serving as the event's sponsors who are welcomed with open arms. The list is here. It includes AT&T and Verizon, the telecom giants that enabled the illegal warrantless eavesdropping on US citizens by the Bush administration and its NSA, only to get retroactively immunized from Congress and thus shielded from all criminal and civil liability (including a lawsuit brought in San Francisco against those corporations by their customers who were illegally spied on). Last month, AT&T was fined by OSHA for failing to protect one of its employees who was attacked, was found by the FCC last year to have overcharged customers by secretly switching them to plans they didn't want, and is now being sued by the US government for "allegedly bill[ing] the government improperly for services designed for the deaf and hard-of-hearing who place calls by typing messages over the web." The list of SF Pride sponsors also includes Bank of America, now being sued for $1 billion by the US government for allegedly engaging in a systematic scheme of mortgage fraud which the US Attorney called "spectacularly brazen in scope". ...... Another beloved SF Pride sponsor, Wells Fargo, is also being "sued by the US for hundreds of millions of dollars in damages over claims the bank made reckless mortgage loans that caused losses for a federal insurance program when they defaulted". ...... Also in Good Standing with the SF Pride board: Clear Channel, the media outlet owned by Bain Capital that broadcasts the radio programs of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck; a pension fund is suing this SF Pride sponsor for making cheap, below-market loans to its struggling parent company. The health care giant Kaiser Permanente, another proud SF Pride sponsor, is currently under investigation by California officials for alleged massive privacy violations in the form of recklessly disclosing 300,000 patient records, and was previously targeted with criminal and civil charges, which it settled, for dumping a homeless patient, still in a hospital gown, on skid row. So apparently, the very high-minded ethical standards of Lisa L Williams and the SF Pride Board apply only to young and powerless Army Privates who engage in an act of conscience against the US war machine, but instantly disappear for large corporations and banks that hand over cash. What we really see here is how the largest and most corrupt corporations own not just the government but also the culture. Even at the San Francisco Gay Pride Parade, once an iconic symbol of cultural dissent and disregard for stifling pieties, nothing can happen that might offend AT&T and the Bank of America. ..... And that's just the begining! Click over to read the rest! UPDATE: See the link in the BTV ACTION SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT section for breaking news on this!
At Mother Jones Maggie Severns reports Obama to Nominate Former Lobbyist Tom Wheeler for FCC Chair President Obama is expected to nominate Tom Wheeler, a venture capitalist and longtime Obama supporter, as chairman of the Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday. The next chairman will help steer the FCC on key issues ranging from broadband access, to net neutrality, to whether the FCC should auction off unused network airwaves to raise revenue—an idea Wheeler has previously said he supports. Wheeler's critics say he is too much of an industry advocate, especially given the 12 years he spent heading up the CTIA, a telecommunications trade group whose membership includes nearly every major industry player. Mother Jones' David Corn reported on this when Wheeler's name was first circulated back in March:
- [Wheeler] is no consumer advocate, but he has this advantage: He has raised a lot of money as a campaign bundler for Obama. Wheeler is also a member in good standing with the Washington establishment; he sits on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and is a trustee of the John F. Kennedy Center. During 2009, he led the Obama-Biden transition's working group overseeing science, technology, space, and arts agencies.
"He's beloved in the telecom industry," a former Obama administration official says of Wheeler. An industry newsletter notes, "having spent his entire career representing businesses, running businesses and investing in businesses, Wheeler undoubtedly will have a light regulatory touch in all matters. And that's not something you can say about most Democrats."
DRONE GAP DATELINE CHINA: We find this AP story at TimesFreePress.com China emerging as new force in drone warfare Chinese aerospace firms have developed dozens of drones, known also as unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs. Many have appeared at air shows and military parades, including some that bear an uncanny resemblance to the Predator, Global Hawk and Reaper models used with deadly effect by the U.S. Air Force and CIA. Analysts say that although China still trails the U.S. and Israel, the industry leaders, its technology is maturing rapidly and on the cusp of widespread use for surveillance and combat strikes. “My sense is that China is moving into large-scale deployments of UAVs,” said Ian Easton, co-author of a recent report on Chinese drones for the Project 2049 Institute security think tank. China’s move into large-scale drone deployment displays its military’s growing sophistication and could challenge U.S. military dominance in the Asia-Pacific. It also could elevate the threat to neighbors with territorial disputes with Beijing, including Vietnam, Japan, India and the Philippines. China says its drones are capable of carrying bombs and missiles as well as conducting reconnaissance, potentially turning them into offensive weapons in a border conflict. China’s increased use of drones also adds to concerns about the lack of internationally recognized standards for drone attacks. The United States has widely employed drones as a means of eliminating terror suspects in Pakistan and the Arabian Peninsula. “China is following the precedent set by the U.S. The thinking is that, ‘If the U.S. can do it, so can we. They’re a big country with security interests and so are we’,” said Siemon Wezeman, a senior fellow at the arms transfers program at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute in Sweden, or SIPRI. “The justification for an attack would be that Beijing too has a responsibility for the safety of its citizens. There needs to be agreement on what the limits are,” he said. China claims its military posture is entirely defensive, its navy and civilian maritime services have engaged in repeated standoffs with ships from other nations in the South China and East China seas. India, meanwhile, says Chinese troops have set up camp almost 20 kilometers (12 miles) into Indian-claimed territory. ...... “Drones are a new high-tech form of weaponry employed and used by many militaries around the world,” Yang said. “China’s armed forces are developing weaponry and equipment for the purpose of upholding territorial integrity, national security and world peace. It will pose no threat to any country.” ........ Drones are already patrolling China’s borders, and a navy drone was deployed to the western province of Sichuan to provide aerial surveillance following last month’s deadly earthquake there. They may also soon be appearing over China’s maritime claims, including Japanese-controlled East China Sea islands that China considers its own. That could sharpen tensions in an area where Chinese and Japanese patrol boats already confront each other on a regular basis and Japan frequently scrambles fighters to tail Chinese manned aircraft. Retired Maj. Gen. Peng Guoqian told state media in January that drones were already being used to photograph and conduct surveillance over the islands, called Diaoyu by China and Senkaku by Japan. The Pentagon says Chinese drones could boost the effectiveness of long-range radar in monitoring activity and locating targets in the western Pacific far from the Chinese coast. Their missions could include guiding home an anti-ship ballistic missile known in military circles as a “carrier killer,” the Pentagon said in its 2012 report on China’s military. .......
As you know May 1st is International Workers' Day also known as May Day a celebration of the international labour movement ACROSS THE WORLD. See
May Day Protests: Thousands Rally Against European Austerity (PHOTOS) PLUS May Day protests: From Bangladesh to Europe, angry workers rally in the tens of thousands (+video) AND May Day rallies across Europe as Greek workers strike - as it happened. But curiously Americans don't celebrate or protest May Day except in certain small circles. And only when there's the "if it bleeds it leads" setup will U.S. corporate media cover them. Take for instance HuffPoAOL's May Day Protests In Bangladesh Kick Off With Angry Scenes OR CNN's 17 arrested as Seattle May Day protests turn violent but there's rarely any coverage or discussion of WHY these peeps everywhere are protesting. Back in 1958 President Dwight "military-industrial complex" Eisenhower proclaimed May 1 to be Law Day, U.S.A. With this is mind we go to Stephen F. Rohde at Truth-Out who gets our BTV Last Word. President Obama's Law Day Proclamation Rings Hollow So Long as Torturers Go Unpunished Today is Law Day and President Obama has issued a lofty Proclamation, laced with noble platitudes, full of sound and formality, signifying nothing. His deeds belie his words. He continues to approve a "kill list" authorizing the use of drones, known to be killing innocent civilians and he continues to violate his oath of office to ensure the laws are faithfully executed by failing to investigate and, if warranted, prosecute President George Bush and members of his administration who authorized, and systematically used, torture against detainees in US custody.
In his Law Day Proclamation, President Obama reminds us that as a Nation, we are bound together by the idea articulated more than two centuries ago: that "all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." In the years since that declaration, "we not only forged a Republic of, by, and for the people; we also set ourselves to the task of perfecting it, and bridging the meaning of those words with the realities of our time."
After recounting worthy examples when our Nation held true to "the unifying promise of liberty," President Obama declares that our "work is not yet finished," and that "justice too often goes undone." He urges us to "reaffirm the critical role our courts have always played in addressing those wrongs and aligning our Nation with its first principles" and he calls on us to "mark this occasion by celebrating that history, upholding the right to due process, and honoring all who have sustained our proud legal tradition."
The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Due Process? Sustaining our proud legal tradition by using our courts to align our Nation with its first principles? Yet Georgetown University law professor David Cole has written that "Obama has radically escalated drone strikes, continued military detention without charge and military commissions for trying terrorists, prosecuted more government officials for leaks than all prior presidents combined, maintained the discretion to render suspects to third countries, and opposed efforts to hold U.S. officials accountable for authorizing torture of terror suspects." And less than a month ago, the Constitution Project, a bipartisan watchdog group, issued a 600-page report which concluded that American intelligence and military personnel used interrogation techniques on suspected terrorists captured in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere that constituted torture and "cruel, inhuman or degrading" treatment, which violate U.S. laws and international treaties. ......... Instead of issuing hollow Proclamations extolling the ideals of American law, President Obama should heed the recommendations of the Constitution Project. If he truly believes that all people have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, to Due Process and to upholding our proud legal tradition by using our courts to align our Nation with its first principles, he needs to immediately instruct his Justice Department to use the Report on torture, and the comprehensive evidence on which it is based, to investigate and prosecute any government official who broke the law. Then and only then could we truly celebrate Law Day. Well said. Lots more to check out below especially in our regular features so get busy and enjoy your Sunday! See you next Sunday!
- Carlos Warner, an attorney with the Federal Public Defender of the Northern District of Ohio A Desperate Situation at Guantánamo: Over 130 Prisoners on Hunger Strike, Dozens Being Force-Fed
- Victoria Brittain, longtime British journalist Forgotten Women of the War on Terror: Author Victoria Brittain on the Wives and Families Left Behind
- Willie Nelson Country Musician Willie Nelson Turns 80: "One Person Carrying a Message Can Change the World"
- Isabel Allende, best-selling Chilean writer Isabel Allende on "Maya’s Notebook," Drug Addiction, 1973 Chilean Coup & Death of Poet Pablo Neruda
- Mario Rivera, Kimberly Rivera’s husband & James Branum, defense attorney who represented Kimberly Rivera during her court-martial Kimberly Rivera, Pregnant Mom of 4, Sentenced to Military Prison for Refusing to Serve in Iraq
- Pardiss Kebriaei, senior staff attorney with Center for Constitutional Rights Obama Vows to Seek Guantánamo Closure, But Immediate Action Could Prevent Hunger Strikers’ Deaths
- Charlie Kernaghan, director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights As Bangladesh Toll Hits 400, Calls Grow to Grant Workers the Same Protections as Labels They Make
- Tennis legend Martina Navratilova Tennis Star Martina Navratilova, Among First "Out" Pro Athletes, Congratulates NBA’s Jason Collins
- Tracey Shelton, GlobalPost senior correspondent As U.S. Moves to Arm Syrian Rebels, Questions Raised About Reports of Chemical Weapons Attack
- Robert Rabin, longtime activist and founding member of the Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques Punishing Vieques: Puerto Rico Struggles With Contamination 10 Years After Activists Expel U.S. Navy
- Rep. José SerranoRep. José Serrano: Critical Latino Vote Has Changed the Equation in Washington’s Immigration Debate
- Assata Shakur, former member of the Black Panther Party and Black Liberation Army Assata Shakur in Her Own Words: Rare Recording of Activist Named to FBI Most Wanted Terrorists List
- Angela Davis & Lennox Hinds Angela Davis and Assata Shakur’s Lawyer Denounce FBI’s Adding of Exiled Activist to Terrorists List
- Marco Castillo, an organizer with Migrant Families Popular Assembly and the Acción Migrante campaign As Migrant Toll Mounts, Mexicans Urge Obama to Put Human Rights at Center of Immigration Reform
»»» FEATURED SHOW Holly Near: Forty Years in Song and Movement Singer/songwriter, Holly Near is on tour with a new album, "Peace Becomes You." more.......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NBA Playoffs on ABC SUNDAY 2nd Round Coverage! Game 1 Grizzlies @ Thunder 1 pm et THEN Game 1 Pacers @ Knicks 3:30 pm et
»»» NBA Playoffs on TNT SUNDAY Game 1 Bulls @ Heat 7 pm et THEN Game 1 Warriors @ Spurs 9:30 pm et
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway 1 pm et
»»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Mets @ Braves 1:35 pm et
»»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Dodgers @ Giants 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network LGBTQ leaders uphold selection of Bradley Manning as SF Pride grand marshal May 1, 2013. Recently, it was announced that PFC Bradley Manning would be a grand marshal of the 2013 San Francisco Pride Celebration. We felt this decision was a bold and uplifting choice, bestowing a great honor on a young whistleblower being persecuted for following his conscience. AND Greg Palast for Vice MagazineBradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Billionaire investor Warren Buffett
• ROUNDTABLE: James Carville and Mary Matalin, Heritage Foundation president and former South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, former New Mexico governor Bill Richardson, and ABC News’ Cokie Roberts.
• Sunday Spotlight: Whoopi Goldberg
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Chairman of the House Government Oversight Committee Darrell Issa
• Chairman of House Intelligence Mike Rogers
• Ranking democrat on the committee Dutch Ruppersberger
• ROUNDTABLE: two former tennis greats, Billie Jean King and Martina Navratilova, as well as former Baltimore Ravens linebacker, now free agent, Brendon Ayanbadejo and former NFL linebacker Esera Tuaolo
• ROUNDTABLE II: NFL Players Association President Domonique Foxworth, Owner of the Washington Capitals, Wizards and Mystics Ted Leonsis, New York Times sports writer Bill Rhoden and managing editor of Sports Illustrated Chris Stone.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Counterinsurgency Cops - Counterinsurgency tactics they used overseas in the military are helping law enforcement take back the streets of Springfield, Mass., from criminal gangs. Lesley Stahl reports. Andrew Metz is the producer
• Robin Hood - Inspired by a 1986 60 Minutes story, Paul Tudor Jones founded the Robin Hood Foundation, a charity that has given over $1.25 billion to New York's neediest. Scott Pelley reports. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• Invisible Wounds - Tens of thousands of battlefield veterans now suffer permanent brain injuries from concussions -- or traumatic brain injuries -- received in Afghanistan and Iraq. David Martin reports on a situation the military is only recently coming to grips with. Mary Walsh is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
• former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani
• President and CEO of the Wilson Center, former Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA)
• Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR)
• Former Baltimore Ravens All-Pro linebacker and gay rights supporter Brendon Ayanbadejo
• ROUNDTABLE: former House Speaker Newt Gingrich; former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford; Editor of the National Review, Rich Lowry; and MSNBC contributor as well as political columnist for the Miami Herald, Joy-Ann Reid.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• House Homeland Security Committee member, Peter King (R-NY)
• Senate’s number two Democrat, Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• The Hill’s A.B. Stoddard
• Bloomberg’s Jeanne Cummings
• ROUNDTABLE: Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, Director of the Center for the Study of Terrorist Radicalization at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies; Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, Founder and President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy; Jessica Stern, former member of the National Security Council under President Clinton
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, May 3rd, 2013 ! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - May 2, 2013 Weather Whiplash: record May snowstorm in Minnesota, early May wildfires in California; Who paid for last year's billion-dollar record crop disaster? YOU did; Myth-busting: 40th anniversary of Newsweek's "coming ice age" blunder; PLUS: Surprise! Fox 'News' lies about the term 'climate change' ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): What would 'wartime mobilization' to fight climate change look like?; You Won't Believe What's in Your Turkey Burger; Most Americans clueless about global scientific consensus on climate change;
Billionaire Koch Bros attack renewable energy standards in the states & launch new front group; Oslo runs out of garbage, imports it from rest of the world; Climate Change: Top Investors Will Feel Heat of New Epoch ... PLUS: Unburnable Fuel: Either governments are not serious about climate change or fossil-fuel firms are overvalued ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Obama's Gitmo Deception: KPFK 'BradCast' Journalist Jason Leopold, who's been covering the extra-constitutional U.S. prison in Cuba for a decade, on the President's professed renewed interest in shutting it down...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! US Demands Hand-Counts for Venezuala, But Not For Us Sec. of State John Kerry, of all people, demands a hand-count of 'paper ballots' in Venezuela's Presidential election 'for confidence in the quality of the vote'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! O'Connor: 'Maybe' Bush v. Gore Was a Mistake Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice says infamous 2000 ruling 'stirred up public', 'gave court less-than-perfect reputation', 'probably added to problem [in FL] at end of the day'...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast May 2, 2013 Investigative Journalist Dave Lindorff Probes Boston Bombing, Gets Stonewalled; Documentary Filmmaker Robert Greenwald on “War on Whistleblowers”
• PBC Standard Podcast May 3, 2013 Prof. Nick Johnson, FCC Commissioner, Slams Obama’s Pick to Chair FCC; Gary Chew on “ALEC” Documentary, Will Durst Loves Drones
• PBC News & Comment May 2, 2013 PBC News & Comment: US Troops Deployed to Mali Despite Pentagon promise of “no boots on the ground”, 22 US troops have been dispatched to Mali without explanation....
• PBC News & Comment May 3, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Exposing Criminal Corporate Behavior To evade US taxes, Apple borrows $17 billion to pay for dividends and stock buybacks, as JPMorgan faces investigations…..
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Progressive radio host David Bender will join me to discuss this week’s biggest news stories that the mainstream media missed.
• Climate change activist Tim DeChristopher will join us to talk about his unfair and unjust incarceration for disrupting an oil lease auction.
• Author Laurence Leamer will tell us about the ongoing battle for justice against the baron of coal country – Don Blankenship.
• Economist Dean Baker will be here to tell us why deficits don’t actually matter.
• Investigative journalist David Dayen will be here to tell us why financial reform has fallen to the wayside.
• And Mackenzie Thomas, president of UNC’s Campus Y, will be here to discuss the importance of youth activism in America.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- Billionaire conservatives are trying to tighten their grip on traditional media outlets, and Howard Nations and Mike Burg will join us to talk about what that will do to the flow of information in America.
- American workers are being hammered by their employers – we’ll take a look at how corporate CEOs are able to get away with paying their employees less than the minimum wage with Farron Cousins, executive editor of The Trial Lawyer Magazine.
- Author Les Leopold will join us to discuss the gross income disparities between wealthy hedge fund managers and the rest of the country.
- And America’s regulatory agencies have become completely taken over by the industries that they are supposed to monitor – We’ll talk about why the FDA’s revolving door is hazardous to your health, with attorney Daniel Nigh.
- Billionaire conservatives are trying to tighten their grip on traditional media outlets, and Howard Nations and Mike Burg will join us to talk about what that will do to the flow of information in America.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 4/29/13 David Dayen: Treasury Blocks Real Banking Reform
• TUESDAY 4/30/13 Dave Zirin: Jason Collins & Gay Rights In Professional Sports
• WEDNESDAY 1/5/13 Eli Clifton: Chemical Weapons In Syria & Zombie Foreign Policy
• THURSDAY 5/2/13 Alabaman Sets His Congressman Straight; John Mullins Speaks Truth To Power & Tim Karr: The FCC In The Balance
• FRIDAY 5/3/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• As we predicted: JPM in the past several years, quietly became nothing short than the next Enron by maxkeiser - READ Will JPMorgan’s “Enron” Be The End Of Blythe Masters? (zerohedge.com)
• This is What Being Cyprus’d Looks Like in Your Online Account… by The Doc - In the wake of the Cyprus depositor haircuts becoming official this week, a Cypriot SD reader has sent us a screen shot of his online banking terminal with Cyprus Popular Bank (Laiki). The screenshot from a small business’ account puts new clarity to If You Don’t Hold It, You Don’t Own It. Click here to see what being Cyprus’d looks like in your online account.
• The first four months of year saw Americans sell $16.6 billion worth of gold via GLD; the past two weeks saw Chinese housewives buy $16 billion worth of physical gold by stacyherbert - Joe Weisenthal says this selling of GLD overwhelms physical demand: [CHART] But, as you see, it’s been a mere $16.6 billion worth of gold sold year-to-date – ie four months – via the paper gold vehicle GLD. In the past two weeks, Chinese buyers have bought $16 billion worth of physical: READ Housewives’ gold rush keeps price from falling
• Martin Armstrong: Failure to Understand the Commodity Market by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Many complain of manipulation of precious metals markets, here is Martin Armstrong with his response. Personally, I think what manipulation there is has nothing to do with suppressing long term prices but everything to do with managing perception. The purpose of the psyops is to sow seeds of doubt that gold is a safe haven or a store of value. The perception managers are attempting to convince the population to continue placing value, instead, in US Treasuries and the US dollar. We know treasury officials across the world meet regularly to openly discuss managing relative values of currencies, it is not a big conspiracy that they wish to do so. Anyway, your thoughts in the comments section! READ Martin Armstrong: Failure to Understand the Commodity Market
• KEISER REPORT [KR438] Keiser Report: No Illuminati, just those who swap, rig & fix We are off to see the price fixers, who rig and rig and rig and rig and rig – but only for Jamie, Lloyd and Blythe! They look at how amateur the Illuminati and Bilderbergers are compared to the modern day Fixers of Oz who control all prices from behind their golden kimono. In the second half of the show Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about Japan’s extreme monetary policy and about extreme price fixing at the heart of the global economy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR439] Keiser Report: Paper Jihad We discuss paper addiction and the toothless, pimply faced paper pushers hooked on an ever-increasing fix of debt. There is no paper these guys won’t push, no debt they won’t inject into the veins of the economy and these addicts refuse to sober up despite the overwhelming evidence found in gold demand that they’ve reached a bottom at which no new hit can get them high. In the second half of the show Max talks to John ‘J.S.’ Kim of SmartknowledgeU.com about the precious metals market, traffic jams outside bullion shops in Asia and central bankers buying paper.
• KEISER REPORT [KR440] Keiser Report: Interest Rates Apartheid We discuss the Great Leap Forward in central banks’ central planning which has driven the Housewives of China to buy 300 tons of gold, an act of disloyalty to the central bank revolution. Max notices that Mrs. Wang has displaced Mrs Watanabe as the most important buyer in global financial markets. In the second half, Max talks to Alasdair MacLeod of Goldmoney.com about everything to do with the physical and paper gold markets – from open interest to naked short selling by bullion banks.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1275] The Truth About Markets – 27 April 2013 Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 5/3/13 Mikey Weinstein: Mikey Weinstein, founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, discusses the false accusations that he and his organization are anti-Christian and anti-military; the rules for proselytizing in the military – and what constitutes consent in a top-down chain of command structure; and the strong Dominionist Christian beliefs within mercenary/paramilitary groups like (ex) Blackwater.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
• Congressman Stephen Lynch (D-MA)
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml