Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
SYRIA UPDATE We have big updates on Syria in a bit. We begin with The Occupy Movement's slogan of "We are the 99%" and it has been corroborated! HISTORIC INCOME GAP: LA Times' Connie Stewart reports the Income gap between rich and poor is biggest in a century If you feel you're falling behind in the income race, it's not just your imagination. The wealth gap between the top 1% and the bottom 99% in the U.S. is as wide as it's been in nearly 100 years, a new study finds. For starters, between 1993 and 2012, the real incomes of the 1% grew 86.1%, while those of the 99% grew 6.6%, according to the study, based on Internal Revenue Service statistics examined by economists at UC Berkeley, the Paris School of Economics and Oxford University. The top 1% is defined as familes with incomes above $394,000 in 2012. The Great Recession hit the top 1% harder than other income groups, but the wealthy recovered quicker too. From 2009 to 2012, as the U.S. economy improved, incomes of the top 1% grew more than 31%, while the incomes of the 99% grew 0.4% - less than half a percentage point. "This implies that the top 1% incomes captured just over two-thirds of the overall economic growth of real incomes per family over the period 1993-2012," economist Emmanuel Saez of UC Berkeley writes. The 1929 stock market crash that preceded the Great Depression, followed by World War II, reduced an earlier national income gap for decades. But it began to grow again in the 1970s, and has widened since. Saez attributes the trend not just to technology and job outsourcing, but to the reduced power of progressive tax policies and unions, along with "changing social norms regarding pay inequality." See DN! from Thursday The American Way of Poverty: As Inequality Hits Record High, Sasha Abramsky on the Forgotten Poor
In a related matter see Joe Stiglitz: The People Who Break the Rules Have Raked in Huge Profits and Wealth and It's Sickening Our Politics at Alternet.org In his powerful speech to the AFL-CIO convention, the famed economist says '95% of the gains from 2009 to 2012 went to the upper 1%.' Also appearing at the AFL-CIO convention read Elizabeth Warren's Powerful Speech: Supreme Court Is on the Path to Being a "Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Big Business". And TVNewsLies.com has this video Elizabeth Warren Brings Down the House at the AFL-CIO 2013 Convention
Who just might be part of that 1% who saw their incomes grow so large? Here's a hint from Politico.com Exclusive: The Koch brothers' secret bank An Arlington, Va.-based conservative group, whose existence until now was unknown to almost everyone in politics, raised and spent $250 million in 2012 to shape political and policy debate nationwide. The group, Freedom Partners, and its president, Marc Short, serve as an outlet for the ideas and funds of the mysterious Koch brothers, cutting checks as large as $63 million to groups promoting conservative causes, according to an IRS document to be filed shortly. The 38-page IRS filing amounts to the Rosetta Stone of the vast web of conservative groups — some prominent, some obscure — that spend time, money and resources to influence public debate, especially over Obamacare. ......... Short, a soft-spoken but ferociously conservative 43-year-old operative, provided us a draft of a forthcoming IRS filing that will soon be available to the public. Short, like most in the Koch empire, feels wealthy conservative activists such as Charles and David Koch get a bum rap from the media. So, Short wants to ease his groups and their cause out of the shadows. “There’s a mystery around us that makes an interesting story,” Short said in an interview in his conference room. “There’s also a vilification that happens that gets exaggerated when your opposition thinks you’re secretive. Our members are proud to be part of [the organization].” Democrats have their own vast web of secretive funders — and Short is right: Few liberals got as much scrutiny as the Koch brothers over the past few years. But the “proud” donors are not so proud they will publicly identify themselves as donors. Short refused to open up about the men and women behind the quarter-billion-dollar fund, beyond saying that Koch-linked entities provided a “minority” of the funds and that the largest single donor gave about $25 million. Freedom Partners is organized under the same section of the Tax Code as a trade association, a 501(c)6, which allows the group to conceal its donors from public release, although the amounts and recipients of its major grants are public. The filing offers a rare tour of the conservative movement and how it gets its funds: ...... Read on!
Natasha Lennard finds The “Monsanto Protection Act” gets extended The biotech rider dubbed the “Monsanto Protection Act” by food and agriculture activists has been extended by the House, advocacy group the Center for Food Safety reported Wednesday. The earmark, which was slipped into a vast budget bill passed six months ago without being read by most Congress members who voted it through, protects biotech giants like Monsanto and their genetically modified seeds from litigation in the face of possible health risks. Despite over 250,000 people signing a petition against the earmark, and a number of rallies taking place in response to its passing, the rider remains in the three-month extension of the appropriations bill voted through the House Tuesday evening. “It is extremely disappointing to see the damaging ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ policy rider extended in the House spending bill,” said Colin O’Neil, director of government affairs for Center for Food Safety. “Hundreds of thousands of Americans called their elected officials to voice their frustration and disappointment over the inclusion of ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ this past spring. Its inclusion is a slap in the face to the American public and our justice system.” ....... U.S. judicial review, which is an essential element of U.S. law and provides a critical check on government decisions that may negatively impact human health, the environment or livelihoods. This also raises potential jurisdictional concerns with the Senate Agriculture and Judiciary Committees that merited hearings by the Committees before its consideration. Go to Salon.com to read the release from the food safety advocates.
Kevin Drum at Mother Jones asks 105 Years in Jail for Posting a Link? Brown was indicted for posting the YouTube threats, and there's no question that it was an ill-advised rant regardless of the FBI instigation. But David Carr follows up with more today. It turns out that only three of the charges against Brown are related to the video. Twelve more are related to a link he posted in a chat room:
- In December 2011, approximately five million e-mails from Stratfor Global Intelligence, an intelligence contractor, were hacked by Anonymous and posted on WikiLeaks. The files contained revelations about close and perhaps inappropriate ties between government security agencies and private contractors. In a chat room for Project PM, Mr. Brown posted a link to it. Among the millions of Stratfor files were data containing credit cards and security codes, part of the vast trove of internal company documents....According to one of the indictments, by linking to the files, Mr. Brown “provided access to data stolen from company Stratfor Global Intelligence to include in excess of 5,000 credit card account numbers, the card holders’ identification information, and the authentication features for the credit cards.” ....But keep in mind that no one has accused Mr. Brown of playing a role in the actual stealing of the data, only of posting a link to the trove of documents. ....
Douglas Lucas and Christian Stork at WhoWhatWhy follow up with Hacktivist Journo Barrett Brown And Lawyers Gagged In a case about the public’s right to know, where a journalist faces a century in jail, a court agreement silences…everyone. On September 4 in a Dallas courtroom, the prosecution and the defense in the Barrett Brown case agreed to a gag order. It prevents Brown, attorneys for both sides, as well as anyone representing them, from talking to the media about his prosecution. Brown faces over a century in prison for allegedly sharing a hyperlink, concealing laptops, and threatening an FBI agent. The same Special Agent, Robert Smith, testified in court that Brown controlled a share of the publicity surrounding his case. In an ironic twist, the prosecution argued its concern for Brown’s right to a fair trial—and that pro-Brown publicity could rob him of it. ......... The parties bound by the gag order remain free to talk to the media about matters of public record, such as filings and statements made in open court, and Brown’s lawyers can still communicate about finances with Kevin Gallagher of Free Barrett Brown Ltd., who is raising funds for Barrett’s defense. But that’s it. ............ It is logical that defenders of Brown would see his interaction with the media as nothing more than an effort to put his best foot forward. But his critics see it as manipulation.
In pushing for the gag agreement, the US attorney’s office seemed to signal concern that the broader context of Brown’s story could lead jurors to render a “not guilty” verdict—even if they believe he committed the alleged crimes. Such context could include Brown’s celebrated work as a determined researcher of misconduct among intelligence and defense contractors. This work could well resonate both with the public and a jury, particularly in the current moment of heightened interest in NSA spying. It’s not uncommon for a judge to instruct a jury to ignore a defendant’s extended circumstances. The reality, however, is that a favorable portrayal of Brown as a Robin Hood figure nonetheless could potentially help his case. In particular, the prosecution expressed concern that the press was discussing matters for which Brown has not yet been charged, such as drug abuse and receiving data hacked by Anonymous. When the defense objected that those matters were not relevant to the charges at hand, the prosecution, as if arguing on behalf of Brown, said such press was highly prejudicial to Brown’s defense and was taking away his right to a fair trial. Highlighting the Kafkaesque nature of the proceedings, the defense snapped back that the prosecution itself was bringing attention to the matters by discussing them in open court. “There does appear to be some irony in all this,” said District Judge Sam A. Lindsay. ........ WhoWhatWhy will continue to cover Brown’s case—albeit now with limited comment from his newly (and consensually) gagged counsel. Charles Swift, the attorney spearheading Brown’s defense, told WhoWhatWhy the gag order met his objective of protecting Brown’s right to speak and publish from jail– on matters not relating to his case. But when we asked why the defense agreed to the order rather than present evidence and arguments to the court in defense of Brown’s continued ability to express himself, he told us, “Under the terms of the order, I can’t comment.” Help out at freebarrettbrown.org
Der Speigel reports Privacy Scandal: NSA Can Spy on Smart Phone Data SPIEGEL has learned from internal NSA documents that the US intelligence agency has the capability of tapping user data from the iPhone, devices using Android as well as BlackBerry, a system previously believed to be highly secure. The United States' National Security Agency intelligence-gathering operation is capable of accessing user data from smart phones from all leading manufacturers. Top secret NSA documents that SPIEGEL has seen explicitly note that the NSA can tap into such information on Apple iPhones, BlackBerry devices and Google's Android mobile operating system. The documents state that it is possible for the NSA to tap most sensitive data held on these smart phones, including contact lists, SMS traffic, notes and location information about where a user has been. The documents also indicate that the NSA has set up specific working groups to deal with each operating system, with the goal of gaining secret access to the data held on the phones. In the internal documents, experts boast about successful access to iPhone data in instances where the NSA is able to infiltrate the computer a person uses to sync their iPhone. Mini-programs, so-called "scripts," then enable additional access to at least 38 iPhone features. The documents suggest the intelligence specialists have also had similar success in hacking into BlackBerrys. ....... The documents also state that the NSA has succeeded in accessing the BlackBerry mail system, which is known to be very secure. This could mark a huge setback for the company, which has always claimed that its mail system is uncrackable. In response to questions from SPIEGEL, BlackBerry officials stated, "It is not for us to comment on media reports regarding alleged government surveillance of telecommunications traffic." The company said it had not programmed a "'back door' pipeline to our platform." The material viewed by SPIEGEL suggests that the spying on smart phones has not been a mass phenomenon. It has been targeted, in some cases in an individually tailored manner and without the knowledge of the smart phone companies.
And at RT.com No economic espionage? NSA docs show US spied on Brazil oil giant Petrobras Despite earlier US assurances that its Department of Defense does not “engage in economic espionage in any domain,” a new report suggests that the intelligence agency NSA spied on Brazilian state-run oil giant Petrobras. Brazil's biggest television network Globo TV reported that the information about the NSA spying on Petroleo Brasileiro SA came from Glenn Greenwald, the American journalist who first published secrets leaked by whistleblower Edward Snowden. Globo TV aired slides from an NSA presentation from 2012 that revealed the agency’s ability to gain access to private networks of companies such as Petrobras and Google Inc. One slide specified an ‘economic’ motive for spying, along with diplomatic and political reasons. This seems to contradict a statement made by an NSA spokesman to the Washington Post on August 30, which said that the US Department of Defense “does not engage in economic espionage in any domain, including cyber.” An official from the NSA told Globo that the agency gathers economic information not to steal secrets, but to watch for financial instability. ........ The US spy agency then reportedly shared the gathered information with the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The new report about US spying on Brazil could intensify the already existing tensions between Brazil and US. The relationship between the two countries became tense as Globo reported about allegations that NSA has intercepted private communications of Brazil’s President Dilma Rousseff and her Mexican counterpart Enrique Pena Nieto. Brazil responded by canceling preparations for the presidential visit to the United States and beginning a probe into telecommunications companies to see if they illegally shared data with the NSA. Also, Brazil has asked for a formal apology. .......... In her statement the Brazilian head of state [President Rousseff] said that "it is evident that the reason for the attempted espionage is not security or combating terrorism, but economic and strategic interests" adding that Petrobras represented "no threat to the security of any country. Rather, it represents one of the greatest assets of the world's oil and a heritage of the Brazilian people." Rousseff concluded her remarks on Monday by saying that the Brazilian state would take "all measures to protect the country , the government and its companies ."
George Galloway & Abby Martin break down Syria on RT's Breaking the Set  RIP Ibrahim Mothana, George Galloway on Intervention (via utoob) and Galloway has a kickstarter for his upcoming film The Killing of Tony Blair.
The hits keep on comin'! David Kravets at Wired.com's Threat Level notes Senators Authorizing Syria Strike Got More Defense Cash Than Lawmakers Voting No Quel Surprise? Overall, political action committees and employees from defense and intelligence firms such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, United Technologies, Honeywell International, and others ponied up $1,006,887 to the 17 members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee who voted yes or no on the authorization Wednesday, according to an analysis by Maplight, the Berkeley-based nonprofit that performed the inquiry at WIRED’s request. Committee members who voted to authorize what the resolution called a “limited” strike averaged $72,850 in defense campaign financing from the pot. Committee members who voted against the resolution averaged $39,770, according to the data. The analysis of contributions from employees and PACs of defense industry interests ranges from 2007 through 2012 — based on data tracked by OpenSecrets.org. ....... The top three defense-campaign earners who voted “yes” were Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) at $176,000; Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois) at $127,350; and Sen. Timothy Kaine (D-Virginia) at $101,025. The top three defense-campaign earners who voted “no” were Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyoming) at $86,500; Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) at $62,790; and Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Connecticut) at $59,250.
And at Reuters Syrian forces may have used gas without Assad's permission: paper (Reuters) - Syrian government forces may have carried out a chemical weapons attack close to Damascus without the personal permission of President Bashar al-Assad, Germany's Bild am Sonntag paper reported on Sunday, citing German intelligence. Syrian brigade and division commanders had been asking the Presidential Palace to allow them to use chemical weapons for the last four-and-a-half months, according to radio messages intercepted by German spies, but permission had always been denied, the paper said. This could mean Assad may not have personally approved the attack close to Damascus on August 21 in which more than 1,400 are estimated to have been killed, intelligence officers suggested. Germany's foreign intelligence agency (BND) could not be reached for comment. Bild said the radio traffic was intercepted by a German naval reconnaissance vessel, the Oker, sailing close to the Syrian coast.........
On the Big Picture Monday "Dr. Nafeez Ahmed, The Guardian, joins Thom Hartmann. What's the REAL reason behind Washington's push for more violence and bloodshed in the Middle East?" It's All About The Oil, Stupid.
The Rude Pundit observes John Kerry Declares His Penis Is "Unbelievably Small" In an article published this morning in The Guardian, John Kerry is quoted saying that any attack on Syria would be "unbelievably small." Frankly, at that point, Kerry may as well have said to the press, "I want to assure you that should I decide to fuck Syria, in its ass or perhaps in its vagina, should it have one, I will not create any sustained damage to the fucked orifice. Indeed, my penis is unbelievably small, and while I will get all the pleasure I can out of fucking Syria, it will barely feel it. Oh, yes, Syria will know that I have fucked it because of the bit of ejaculate left behind. It will be so little because my balls are also undersized. Yes, it is true, I will be able to brag to everyone that I did fuck Syria, which, in case you haven't figured it out, is really the point. I know that everyone is worried about the unintended consequences of me fucking Syria, like diseases, for example. However, I am assuring the world that I am disease free and nothing of the sort will happen. If everything goes as planned, Syria will learn that it can't get away with that sort of behavior because of the power of my penis, which, let me reiterate, is unbelievably small." Seriously, this shit is getting embarrassing. Between Kerry reassuring our allies that we only wanna bomb a little bit, pretty please, and Vladimir "Behold My Totally Not-Gay Nipples" Putin, for fuck's sake, seeking to play the role of diplomat by saying that Syria needs to place its chemical weapons under "international control," we are really in some kind of bizarro world where nothing makes sense anymore. And, hey, let's throw into the mix Kerry's State Department, channeling Condi and Colin, actually saying about Bashar al Assad, "[T]his brutal dictator with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons, otherwise he would have done so long ago. That's why the world faces this moment." ....... It's all fucked up out there. The Obama administration hasn't released any definitive proof of the Syrian government's role in the chemical weapons attack and seems to be playing fast and loose with the number of dead. Republicans and conservative talkbots, who, strangely, last opposed a war when Bill Clinton was in office, are praising Putin. There's a couple of million refugees that really need help, living in camps where the infusion of hundreds of millions of dollars in American aid would probably do more to turn hearts and minds than minimal bombing in Damascus, which crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat Assad told Charlie Rose would cause possible terrorist attacks in response. Fuck everyone involved in this, man. Man, somewhere you know that George W. Bush is laughing his miserable bony ass off, calling Dick Cheney to giggle it up about how they have the world tied in knots, how they've made things that may, in fact, be true sound like lies because their lies sounded like the truth to so many people. How they have made the world a skittish place for even the consideration of action. And how they left behind a tangled pile of live wires and a dare to try to figure it out before you get electrocuted.
Next Washington's Blog proclaims Kerry Couldn’t Sell a Used Car After Secretary of State John Kerry suggested that President Bashar al-Assad avoid a war by handing over any chemical weapons his government possesses, Russia quickly seconded the motion, and Assad agreed to it. Just as quickly, aparently panicked by the possible delay or prevention of missile strikes, Kerry’s staff put out this statement:
- “Secretary Kerry was making a rhetorical argument about the impossibility and unlikelihood of Assad turning over chemical weapons he has denied he used. His point was that this brutal dictator with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons, otherwise he would have done so long ago. That’s why the world faces this moment.”
Finally we urge you to watch/listen/read NOAM CHOMSKY on DN! Chomsky: Instead of "Illegal" Threat to Syria, U.S. Should Back Chemical Weapons Ban in All Nations The other things that he said were not unusual, but nevertheless kind of shocking to anyone not familiar with U.S. political discourse, at least. So he described the United—he said that for seven decades the United States has been "the anchor of global security." Really? Seven decades? That includes, for example, just 40 years ago today, when the United States played a major role in overthrowing the parliamentary democracy of Chile and imposing a brutal dictatorship, called "the first 9/11" in Latin America. Go back earlier years, overthrowing the parliamentary system in Iran, imposing a dictatorship; same in Guatemala a year later; attacking Indochina, the worst crime in the postwar period, killing millions of people; attacking Central America; killing—involved in killing—in imposing a dictatorship in the Congo; and invading Iraq—on and on. That’s stability? I mean, that a Harvard Law School graduate can pronounce those words is pretty amazing, as is the fact that they’re accepted without comment. So what he said is I’m going to lie like a trooper about history; I’m going to suppress the U.S. role, the actual U.S. role, for the last seven decades; I’m going to maintain the threat of force, which is of course illegal; and I’m going to ensure that the chemical weapons convention is not imposed on the region, because our ally, Israel, would be subjected to it. And I think those are some of the main points of his address.....
AND Chomsky on 9/11, Syria’s "Bloody Partition" and Why U.S. Role Ensures Failure of Mideast Talks after clip of General Wesley Clark descibing the now infamous memo he saw "that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran."The Bush administration veered slightly, not far, but slightly, from the general pattern. Actually, the goal of U.S. policy for decades has been to control and dominate those countries. But the Bush administration was more extreme. They thought they could actually just, as they put it, "take ’em out" and forcefully impose our own regimes—not that that would be anything new. There’s a long list of similar cases, going back to Iran in 1953, Guatemala in 1954. There was an assault against—major assault against Indonesia in 1958, an effort to strip away the outer islands where the resources are, and—because they were concerned about too much independence in Indonesia. That failed. Invasion of Cuba failed. The murder of Lumumba, in which the U.S. was involved, in the Congo destroyed Africa’s major hope for development. Congo is now total horror story, for years. The U.S. supported the Mobutu dictatorship. Now it’s maybe the worst place in the world. And on right through, case after case. This is standard U.S. policy. The Bush administration went beyond. They were more extreme in their goals and their actions. And they had to pull back, because that was just beyond U.S. capacity..... Fascinating! We hope you enjoyed throwing bricks at the Beltway Bubalas this morning! With just a bit over two weeks to go in the MLB regular season the Brick TeeVee Crew has been on edge for every pitch as the Tribe closes in on a possible Wild Card spot (1½ games out going into today's game) and an outside edge at the Central Division (5 back of Detroit). Go Tribe! See you next week!
- Joan Jara, widow of Chilean singer Víctor Jara & Almudena Bernabeu, attorney for the Center for Justice and Accountability 40 Years After Chile Coup, Family of Slain Singer Víctor Jara Sues Alleged Killer in U.S. Court
- Joyce Horman, widow of journalist and human rights activist Charles Horman & Peter Weiss, vice president of the board of the Center for Constitutional Rights Was U.S. Journalist Charles Horman Killed by Chile’s Coup Regime With Aid of His Own Government?
- Rafif Jouejati, English-language spokesperson for the Syrian Local Coordination Committees & Rania Masri, Lebanese-based human rights activist and professor at the University of Balamand in Lebanon As Assad Regime Accepts Russian Plan on Chemical Weapons, A Debate on Syria’s Path Forward
- Juan Garces, former personal adviser to Chilean President Salvador Allende 40 Years After Chilean Coup, Allende Aide Juan Garcés on How He Brought Pinochet to Justice
- Peter Kornbluh, author of "The Pinochet File: A Declassified Dossier on Atrocity and Accountability" "Make the Economy Scream": Secret Documents Show Nixon, Kissinger Role Backing 1973 Chile Coup
- Noam Chomsky, world-renowned political dissident, linguist and author. Chomsky: Instead of "Illegal" Threat to Syria, U.S. Should Back Chemical Weapons Ban in All Nations
- More Chomsky Chomsky on 9/11, Syria’s "Bloody Partition" and Why U.S. Role Ensures Failure of Mideast Talks
- Juan González Juan González: New York City Poised to Elect Its Most Progressive Government in 50 Years
- Alex Abdo, staff attorney at the National Security Project at the American Civil Liberties Union Snowden Documents Reveal NSA Gave Israeli Spies Raw Emails, Texts, Calls of Innocent Americans
- Cristina Tzintzun, Executive Director of the Workers Defense Project in Texas In Historic Move, AFL-CIO Expands Ranks With Vote to Include Non-Union, Immigrant, Low-Wage Workers
- Sasha Abramsky, widely published freelance writer who contributes regularly to The Nation & fellow at Demos The American Way of Poverty: As Inequality Hits Record High, Sasha Abramsky on the Forgotten Poor
- Former Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton and professor at the University of California-Berkeley Inequality for All: Robert Reich Warns Record Income Gap Is Undermining Our Democracy Today we’re joined by former Secretary of labor and renowned economist Robert Reich. He is the focus of a new film called, "Inequality for All."
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Karen Nussbaum: Working America Works! The US's largest labor federation, the AFL-CIO, pledged at its '13 Convention to work more closely with community-based affiliates & its grassroots organizing arm, Working America. Laura Flanders talked to WA Director Karen Nussbaum after the vote. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Geico 400 at the Chicagoland Speedway! Coverage begins at 2 pm et »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Royals @ Tigers 1:08 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox 8 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Rangers @ Rays 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... AND Update 9/12/13: Gov't bypassed 4th Amendment to seize Manning supporters’ electronics ACLU on the search of David House; British Actor Benedict Cumberbacht calls Chelsea "brave"; and a look into what Chelsea's prison conditions might be like in a military prison.....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,272 US Military Dead as of Sep 30, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Exclusive: President Barack Obama
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ Cokie Roberts and Matthew Dowd, Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, and Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., and Rep. Donna Edwards, D-Md.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin, D-Mich
• Ranking Republican on the Foreign Relations Committee, Bob Corker, R-Tenn.
• former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
• special preview of John Miller's "60 Minutes" interview with former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell
• ROUNDTABLE: Harvard University's David Gergen, The Washington Post's Michael Gerson, The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, and Susan Page of USA Today.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Syria - In the aftermath of a chemical weapons attack in the Syrian civil war, Charlie Rose speaks to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Scott Pelley interviews President Obama.
• The Briefer - Until recently, Deputy CIA Director Michael Morell was the man who briefed President Obama on the situation in Syria and other security issues. In his first television interview, the retired spy tells CBS senior correspondent John Miller what he told the president and what he feels needs to be done to prevent Syria from becoming a terrorist haven. Ira Rosen and Gabrielle Schonder are the producers.
• Rocky Mountain High - Of all the states that have legalized the growing and selling of medical marijuana, none has more at stake than Colorado, where a thriving industry has created jobs and revenue. But as Steve Kroft reports, it's still against federal law. L. Franklin Devine is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Senate Foreign Relations Chair Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
• Armed Services Committee member Roy Blunt (R-MO)
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times Columnist Tom Friedman; Senior Fellow at the Wilson Center Robin Wright; National Correspondent for the Atlantic and Columnist for Bloomberg View, Jeffrey Goldberg; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
• ROUNDTABLE II: Associate Editor at the Washington Post, Bob Woodward; Executive Editor of MSNBC.com and author of The Message: The Reselling of President Obama, Richard Wolffe; Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker; and Republican Strategist Ana Navarro.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines.
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Mike Rogers (R-MI),
• panel of lawmakers: Congressmen Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Adam Schiff (D-CA).
• ROUNDTABLE: Crossfire hosts SE Cupp and Newt Gingrich, plus the President of the Center for American progress, Neera Tanden, and CNN Political Commentator Cornell Belcher.
• NOON: Senate Foreign Relations Committee members Bob Casey (D-PA) and Ron Johnson (R-WI).
• NOON ROUNDTABLE: Former U.S. Under Secretary for Political Affairs Nicholas Burns. Plus, AEI’s Danielle Pletka, Former Chief of Staff to Leon Panetta Jeremy Bash and CNN Political Commentators Donna Brazile and Ana Navarro on the national security politics.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, September 13th, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - September 12, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Deadly flash floods after "biblical" rains in CO; Senate Republicans hold energy efficiency bill hostage; Clean up or close up: EPA's new rules put the squeeze on coal; Huge new aquifers discovered in Kenya; Debunking the Daily Mail/Fox 'News' ruse about '60% increase in Arctic ice' ruse; PLUS: Molasses spill kills thousands of fish in Hawaii ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA Chemist Who Revealed Twin Towers Toxic Dust Fired; Utilities Realize Solar Energy's Threat to their Survival; Boulder Colorado and the Quest for Local Control of Energy; CNBC’s Joe Kernen Lies About Climate Change on Squawk Box; '50 dirtiest' US power plants emit more greenhouse gases than South Korea; Australian military: Climate change is a 'threat multiplier'; Tesla challenges BMW on home turf; Nuclear energy on 'collision course' with U.S. water supplies ... PLUS: VIDEO: A Climate Alarm, Too Muted for Some ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - September 10, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Fossil fuel industry & Rupert Murdoch win, climate activists lose in Australia election; Record heat wave closes schools in Upper Midwest; Texas residents sue BP over pollution; PLUS: The future of car racing is electrifying ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CA Passes Bill Ending Federal Testing of E-Voting Systems Ill-considered measure sponsored by CA Sec. of State candidate grants sweeping new powers to CA Sec. of State; Allows new, untested systems in real elections; Partisan bill awaits Gov. Brown's signature...or veto...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! High-Ranking Former Intel Officers Report Counter-Narrative on Syria to Prez A group of 12 former national intel agency vets who warned Bush about fraudulent Iraq intel in 2003, now send a new memo to Obama warning about Syria chemical attack intel...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Climate Change Denier Stooges Fall Hard for British Tabloid's 'Arctic Ice' Scam Easily duped wingnut media abuzz with false and purposely misleading report claiming evidence of 'global COOLING!'...
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Syria Climate Connection; NSA Intel for Israel; Bad CA E-Voting Bill Francesco Femia of Center for Climate and Security on the NatSec 'threat multiplier' of global warming; And more content in one hour than any other radio show on Earth. Ever!...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment Sept 6, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Obama Leaves G20 Summit with No Converts on Syria Attack Obama and Putin spar late into the night, to a stalemate–which is what Israel hopes for in Syrian war….
• PBC News & Comment Sept 5, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Putin & Obama: Smiling Faces (Don’t Tell the Truth) In St. Petersburg, smiles for cameras don’t hide chilliness; Putin reveals Ed Snowden contacted Russia before he left Hong Kong….
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 10, 2013 Author/Activist Norman Solomon Returns to Talk About the Spin-up to Military Action Against Syria
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 12, 2013Boiling Frogs: Pepe Escobar on the US Threat to Strike Syria: False Flags, Big Lies and the Role of Bandar Bush
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Aug 31, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Anna Galland, executive director of MoveOn.org, will be here to tell us about the progressive fight against a military strike on Syria.
• Author Andrew Bacevich will discuss America’s obsession with war, and our continued drive to expand our empire.
• Zoe Carpenter from The Nation will tell us why American CEOs are being rewarded for bankrupting their businesses.
• Author and historian Reza Aslan will join us for a discussion on his new book “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth.”
• And journalist Allison Kilkenny will tell us how austerity measures and budget cuts are destroying our economy, and putting needy Americans at risk of losing vital services.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Aug 24, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Retired Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson will talk about the motivation behind the administration’s willingness to launch a strike on Syria.
»» Attorneys Howard Nations and Mike Burg will tell us how the Republicans went from the Party of Lincoln, the Party of Michelle Bachmann.
»» Investigative journalist Greg Palast talks about a secret memo from Larry Summers in the late 90’s, and how his economic plans set us up for economic collapse.
»» And Farron Cousins from The Trial Lawyer Magazine talks about the differences between the run up to the Iraq War, and the run up to the Syrian conflict, and how the Citizens’ Media is helping to expose what’s really happening.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: Obama’s Judicial Nominees Facing Conservative Roadblocks (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss the conservative backlash that will come with Obama’s nominations of liberal D.C. Circuit Court judges.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: No Solution For Syria (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss the ongoing developments in Syria, including United States Secretary of State John Kerry’s ultimatum to President Bashar al-Assad to give up Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Sept. 14, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 9/9/13 John Nicholas: The 1 Percent V Bill De Blasio & Chloe Angyal: Australia’s Awful New PM
• TUESDAY 9/10/13 Monica Potts: What’s Killing Poor White Women?
• WEDNESDAY 9/11/13 Scott Anderson: Lawrence In Arabia
• THURSDAY 9/12/13 Matt Apuzzo: Enemies Within: Inside the NYPD's Spying Unit
• FRIDAY 9/13/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Ross Brockely
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• A technique commonly used by hackers, a MITM attack involves using a fake security certificate to pose as a legitimate Web service by Stacy Herbert - READ NSA disguised itself as Google to spy, say reports
• VIDEO! ‘Use VPN!’ Former ‘Most Wanted Hacker’ Mitnick talks Snowden, NSA, privacy by Stacy Herbert
• Hackers For Government Hire: A Growing and Deeply Disturbing Industry Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - Wikileaks recently continued the release of what they refer to as the “Spy Files.” These files provide a look into some of the companies behind the rapid commercialization of the spy equipment industry, who’s clients include repressive governments and dictatorial regimes around the world. In a press release announcing these files Wikileaks states: Across the world, mass surveillance contractors are helping intelligence agencies spy on individuals and ‘communities of interest’ on an industrial scale…
• KEISER REPORT http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/08/kr488-keiser-report-dutch-blues-bubble-markets/ We discuss the Dutch blues and the pay per gaze advertising coming to a pair of glasses near you. Max proposes a scheme of mortgages collateralized by food stamps. In the second half, Max talks to Ann Pettifor of PrimeEconomics.org about the Alice in Wongaland economy in the United Kingdom where people borrow from payday lenders in order to live and, instead of lending to the economy, the economy is lending to banks. They also discuss interest rate apartheid, carry trades and public unrest.
• KEISER REPORT [KR495] Keiser Report: Selling Syria We discuss ‘financial terror,’ cluster bombs and protestors without portfolios. They also discuss Standard & Poor’s ‘blasting’ the $5 billion fraud lawsuit against them as retaliation for the rating agency’s 2011 decision to strip the United States of its AAA credit rating. In the second half, Max talks to comedian, Lee Camp, about banks too big to marshmallow and corporate greed monkeys.
• KEISER REPORT [KR496] Keiser Report: America’s Curse We discuss America’s curse: dollar printing or JP Morgan? They also examine the truth about the fact that despite a mere $4 extra to manufacture a smartphone in America rather than in China, production will remain overseas. In the second half, Max travels upriver to interview Turd Ferguson of TFMetalsReport.com outside JP Morgan’s Park Avenue headquarters. Turd reports that JPMorgan has ‘cornered’ the Comex gold market and also comments on the bank’s silver short and their ‘rogue’ commodities desk, reportedly being investigated by the FBI for obstruction of justice.
• KEISER REPORT [KR497] Keiser Report: Deja Fraud We report from the heart of hedge fund land in Stamford and Darien, Connecticut, where they discuss the deja fraud of highly leveraged markets five years after Lehman collapsed and the nonsense job economy in which highly trained engineers spend their working lives dividing one simple mortgage into thousands of pieces of complex derivatives like piles of stinky fried fish. In the second half, Max interviews Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, who compares the Fed relationship to the BRICS nations to that of a drunk driver who runs down pedestrians and then blames the pedestrians for being in the way.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1287] The Truth About Markets Returns! Stacy Summary: This is from 7 September 2013. The latest Truth About Markets! It’s back!!! Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/4/13 Sheldon Richman: Sheldon Richman, vice president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses his article “We Must Not Be the World’s Policeman;” the Obama loyalists desperately grasping for reasons to attack Syria; why there shouldn’t be a “red line” anywhere requiring American military intervention abroad; too much talk about boots on the ground and not enough on collateral damage from US air strikes; and why AIPAC seems to be the only organized group pushing for war.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/8/13 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an independent investigative journalist and historian, discusses his evidence that the Obama administration passed off its own intelligence assessment of the Syria gas attack as a CIA analysis; the CIA’s observation that no materials have been deployed from Syria’s chemical weapons facilities; why the attack doesn’t bear the hallmarks of sarin gas; and why the White House pushes toward war despite the large percentage of Americans against military action in Syria.
Update: Porter now says that CIA may not have had such close track of Syria CW. But they’re still doubtful, dossier still White House.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen (D)
• Texas Congressman Michael McCaul (R)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml