Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Brick TeeVee and the Smashing Hard Drives! To get up-to-speed watch the entire Democracy NOW! from Friday with Glenn Greenwald on Secret NSA Program to Crack Online Encryption, Bruce Schneier on NSA’s Secret Online Spying and Adam Entous, national security correspondent for The Wall Street Journal on Prince Bandar and his Secret Saudi-CIA Effort to Aid Syrian Rebels. We'll have much more later today so check back this evening. In the meantime visit all our regulars!
- Democracy NOW! @ democracynow.org
- GritTV with Laura Flanders! @ grittv.org
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid! @ HeadOnRadioNetwork.com
- The Green News Report! @ greennews.bradblog.com with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST! @ PeterBCollins.com
- Majority Report with Sam Seder! @ Majority.FM
- Ring of Fire Radio with Sam, Bobby & Pap! @ ringoffireradio.com
- The Keiser Report! @ MaxKeiser.com! With Stacy Herbert!
- The Scott Horton Show! @ scotthorton.org
- Ellen Brown at her WebOfDebt blog The Leveraged Buyout of America
- Eric Boehm of Watchdog.org reported a few weeks ago so-called Dem Diane Feinstein wants to limit who can be a journalist The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein. In a proposed amendment to a media shield law being considered by Congress, Feinstein writes that only paid journalists should be given protections from prosecution for what they say or write. The language in her proposal is raising concerns from First Amendment advocates because it seems to leave out bloggers and other nontraditional forms of journalism that have proliferated in recent years thanks to the Internet. “It rubs me the wrong way that the government thinks it should be in the business of determining who should be considered a journalist,” said Ken Bunting, executive director of the National Freedom of Information Coalition at the Missouri School of Journalism. But on the other hand, Bunting said, there is a great need for federal shield law in light of recent attempts by the U.S. Justice Department to force journalists to give up information about confidential sources. The difficulty with writing any such law — this is the third time Congress has attempted to craft a federal shield law — is that any such law would have to set standards for who counts as a journalist or what qualifies as an “act of journalism.” ....... At a congressional hearing on the matter last week, Feinstein said shield laws should only apply to “real reporters.” An amendment offered by Feinstein would extend shield-law protections to those who work as a “salaried employee, independent contractor, or agent of an entity that disseminates news or information,” though students working for news outlets would similarly be covered. The definition seems to leave out the new tide of bloggers and citizen journalists who thrive on the Internet. Calls and emails to Feinstein’s office were not returned on Monday. ..........
- Respect MP George Galloway on The Keiser Report [KR489] Keiser Report: The Killing of Tony Blair (ft. George Galloway)
- Elliot Hannon at Slate.com Chelsea Manning Requests a Presidential Pardon
- Alana Semuels at the Los Angeles Times - Engineers say thousands are close to collapse. And between the recession, sequestration and congressional gridlock, money to fix them is scarcer than ever. Across U.S., bridges crumble as repair funds fall short
- The Congressman With Guts ALAN GRAYSON has launched a new website! DontAttackSyria.com! Go there NOW! See The Big Picture WED Why We Shouldn't Attack Syria
- Michael Doyle at the McClatchy Washington Bureau - Obama’s proposal seeks broad war power despite vow of limits
- Mark Seibel, chief of correspondents for McClatchy Newspapers - To some, US case for Syrian gas attack, strike has too many holes; also watch on DN! As U.S. Pushes For Syria Strike, Questions Loom over Obama Claims in Chemical Attack
- Michael Snyder at The Economic Collapse Blog - Is The United States Going To Go To War With Syria Over A Natural Gas Pipeline? Why has the little nation of Qatar spent 3 billion dollars to support the rebels in Syria? Could it be because Qatar is the largest exporter of liquid natural gas in the world and Assad won't let them build a natural gas pipeline through Syria? Of course. Qatar wants to install a puppet regime in Syria that will allow them to build a pipeline which will enable them to sell lots and lots of natural gas to Europe. Why is Saudi Arabia spending huge amounts of money to help the rebels and why has Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan been "jetting from covert command centers near the Syrian front lines to the Élysée Palace in Paris and the Kremlin in Moscow, seeking to undermine the Assad regime"? Well, it turns out that Saudi Arabia intends to install their own puppet government in Syria which will allow the Saudis to control the flow of energy through the region. On the other side, Russia very much prefers the Assad regime for a whole bunch of reasons. One of those reasons is that Assad is helping to block the flow of natural gas out of the Persian Gulf into Europe, thus ensuring higher profits for Gazprom. Now the United States is getting directly involved in the conflict. If the U.S. is successful in getting rid of the Assad regime, it will be good for either the Saudis or Qatar (and possibly for both), and it will be really bad for Russia. This is a strategic geopolitical conflict about natural resources, religion and money, and it really has nothing to do with chemical weapons at all. It has been common knowledge that Qatar has desperately wanted to construct a natural gas pipeline that will enable it to get natural gas to Europe for a very long time. The following is an excerpt from an article from 2009......
- Dr. Kevin Barrett, a Ph.D. Arabist-Islamologist, at PressTV.com Syria chemical mayhem: Another Israeli false-flag? ..... Fox News transmitted the Israeli script:
"'In Syria, the regime has used chemical weapons and it's not the first time,' (Minister of Military Affairs) Yaalon told Israeli defense correspondents. ‘It's a life and death struggle between a regime based on the Alawite minority and a disparate opposition composed of Sunni Muslims, some Muslim Brotherhood members, others linked to al-Qaeda. We don't see any end to the fighting - even the fall of (President Bashar) al-Assad won't bring it to a halt, there will a bloody settling of accounts over a long period,’ the minister added. 'We could see the implosion of Syria with the Alawites controlling the western part - the coastal region and a corridor to Damascus - and the Kurds and Sunnis controlling the east and north.'" Yaalon's tirade is not an analysis. It is a program of action. It is what the Israelis want to happen. First, the Israelis want the world to swallow the unlikely notion that the Syrian government is crazy enough to launch a massive chemical weapons strike at the exact moment weapons inspectors are entering the country. They want the world to believe that the Assad government would risk all of the huge gains it has made in recent months by launching a poison gas attack designed to provoke massive Western intervention against it. ....... The destruction of Syria would be the culmination of a decades-long Israeli project: The Oded Yinon plan for the Balkanization of the Middle East. Since at least the 1970s, Israeli strategists have planned to smash neighboring Middle Eastern countries into tiny ethnic and sectarian Bantustans. The Oded Yinon plan to break up the Middle East became Netanyahu's 1996 “Clean Break” plan. To achieve the destruction of Israel's neighbors, Netanyahu's neocons - led by Richard Perle, the self-styled “Prince of Darkness” - schemed to trick the US into doing Israel's dirty work. In September 2000, Perle, Wolfowitz, and the other Zionists at Project for a New American Century (PNAC) called for a “new Pearl Harbor.” Their goal: A long-term US war against Israel's enemies. One year later, on September 11th, 2001, their New Pearl Harbor became a reality. The Israelis and their American proxies have already smashed Iraq, Libya, and Sudan into pieces. Now they are targeting Syria and Egypt - two countries whose land they plan to steal to create a “Greater Israel” stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates. ...... WOW!
- Catherine Austin Fitts at Solari.com - Will There Be a False Flag Event This Fall? I am getting this question. I think it is the wrong question. I was born in 1950. I can not remember a time when there was not some covert operation blowing things up financially or physically or energetically someplace in the world. These operations are getting more obvious. And certainly, bigger ones are happening closer to home. However, this is how things have been for a long, long time. The gods are warring. Low polls in support of Syria and foreign dignitaries furious about being spied on by the NSA are not good signs. Digital communications are making more people aware of the hidden forces behind things. So you need to be prepared in case an event happens where you are, or touches your life directly. But you also need to make sure you do not let your awareness paralyze you from building your future or a collective future for all of us – including one where we create the conditions that would tend to reduce the need for such operations. It’s a little bit like the old game shows where the guy dressed in the guerrilla suit wrecks the stage set and you win the game if you can resist looking at him. If what we pay attention to grows, then let’s pay attention to the wealth building people and events this fall. Do you water the weeds and feed the pests in your garden, or nurture the fruits, vegetables and flowers? Let’s ask, “Where are the opportunities for me to be of service? How do I find them?” ......
- Scott Shane and Colin Moynihan at the NYT - Drug Agents Use Vast Phone Trove, Eclipsing N.S.A.’s
- Reuters via The Guardian - NSA 'spied on communications' of Brazil and Mexico presidents
- Barton Gellman and Greg Miller at the WaPo U.S. spy network's successes, failures and objectives detailed in ‘black budget' summary; See all the cool graphs at WaPo's Special Report The Black Budget
- Barton Gellman and Ellen Nakashima at the WaPo - U.S. spy agencies mounted 231 offensive cyber-operations in 2011, documents show; also see Mike Masnick at TechDirt.com from the we-are-the-cybersecurity-threat dept. Feds Waged Hundreds Of Cyberattacks On Other Countries; Spent $25 Million Buying Vulnerabilities
- Abby Martin's BREAKING THE SET on RT - Things that make you go WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!! NSA Blackmailing Corporate Media? | Interview with Russ Tice
- Matt Welch at Reason.com - Report: DEA Has Been Secretly Snooping on More Americans’ Phone Calls Than Even the NSA
- This Week (ABC) with George Snafugopolis
• White House chief of staff Denis McDonough
• Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
• foreign service veteran and former Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya Gregory Hicks
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, co-founder of the Foreign Policy Initiative Dan Senor, editor and publisher of The Nation and WashingtonPost.com columnist Katrina vanden Heuvel, Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren, former FBI special agent Ali Soufan, ABC News Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross, and ABC News Senior Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.
- Face The Nation (CBS) with Bob Schiefer
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich.
• Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md.
• ROUNDTABLE: Bob Woodward of the Washington Post, Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard, David Sanger of The New York Times, David Ignatius of the Washington Post and Danielle Pletka of the American Enterprise Institute. ("one of our best panels of analysts ever")
• CBS News Correspondents Elizabeth Palmer from Damascus and Clarissa Ward just inside the Turkey-Syrian border.
- Meet the Press (NBC) with David Gregory
• WH Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• NYC mayoral candidate Anthony "Carlos Danger" Weiner
• Three members of the House Homeland Security Committee: Chairman Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX); Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA); and Rep. Pete King (R-NY)
• Senator Tom Udall (D-NM)
• ROUNDTABLE: former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich; former senior adviser to President Obama, David Axelrod; Director of the Wilson Center and fmr Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA); and NBC News Political Director and Chief White House Correspondent, Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Rep. Marsha "Crazy Eyes" Blackburn (R-TN)
• Rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA)
• Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA)
• Dr. Sanjay Gupta
• ROUNDTABLE: Crossfire Co-Hosts Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones, and CNN Political Commentators Ana Navarro and David Frum.
• AT NOON ET: Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE)
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml