Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
AUTUMN EQUINOX SPECIAL In the wake of yet another mass shooting Starbucks Corp Chief Executive Howard Schultz lays out the new Starbucks Guns Policy: Coffee Chain Asks Patrons To Leave Weapons At Home (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp Chief Executive Howard Schultz requested on Tuesday that the coffee chain's customers leave their firearms at home, shifting company policy amid an increasingly fractious debate over U.S. gun rights in the wake of multiple mass shootings. The request is being made in part because more people have been bringing guns into Starbucks over the last six months, prompting confusion and dismay among some patrons and employees, Schultz told Reuters in an interview. In an open letter to customers issued late Tuesday, the chief executive said: "Our stores exist to give every customer a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life." ...... Schultz underscored that Starbucks' new policy is not a ban - employees will continue to serve patrons with guns. The request also does not apply to authorized law enforcement personnel. "I don't want to put our people in a position of having to confront or enforce a policy (when) someone is holding a gun," Schultz told Reuters. A BTV Tip-o-da-cup to Schultz!
GOPher CANARD EXPOSED: At Salon Diane Ravitch: School privatization is a hoax, “reformers” aim to destroy public schools
Our public schools aren't in decline. And "reformers" with wild promises don't care about education — just profits. ..... The claim that the public schools are in decline is not new. In his Pulitzer Prize-winning book “Anti-intellectualism in American Life,” Richard Hofstadter characterized writing on education in the United States as “a literature of acid criticism and bitter complaint . . . The educational jeremiad is as much a feature of our literature as the jeremiad in the Puritan sermons.” From the 1820s to our own time, reformers have complained about low standards, ignorant teachers, and incompetent school boards. He noted that anyone longing for the “good old days” would have difficulty finding a time when critics were not bemoaning the quality of the public schools. ... Indifferent to history, today’s corporate reformers insist that the public schools are in an unprecedented crisis. They tell us that children must be able to “escape” their “failing public schools.” They claim they are “for the children,” unlike their teachers, who are not for the children. They would have the public believe that children and their teachers are in warring camps. They put “children first” or “students first.” Their policies, they say, will make us competitive and give us “great teachers” and “great schools” in every community. They say they know how to “close the achievement gap,” and they claim to be leading “the civil rights issue of our time.” Their policies, they say, will make our children into “global competitors.” They will protect our national security. They will make America strong again. The corporate reformers play to our anxieties, even rekindling dormant Cold War fears that we may be in jeopardy as a nation if we don’t buy what they are selling. The critics want the public to believe that our public schools are a clear and present danger to our society. Unless there is radical change, they say, our society will fall apart. Our economy will disappear. Our national security is in danger. The message is clear: public education threatens all that we hold dear. ....... Of equal importance are the topics that corporate reformers don’t talk about. Seldom do they protest budget cuts, no matter how massive they may be. They do not complain when governors and legislatures cut billions from the public schools while claiming to be reformers. They do not protest rising rates of child poverty. They do not complain about racial segregation. They see no harm in devoting more time and resources to standardized testing. They are not heard from when districts cut the arts, libraries, and physical education while spending more on testing. They do not complain when federal or state or city officials announce plans to test children in kindergarten or even pre-kindergarten. They do not complain about increased class size. They do not object to scripted curricula or teachers’ loss of professional autonomy. They do not object when experienced teachers are replaced by recruits who have only a few weeks of training. They close their eyes to evidence that charters enroll disproportionately small numbers of children with disabilities, or those from troubled homes, or English-language learners (in fact, they typically deny any such disparities, even when documented by state and federal data). They do not complain when for-profit corporations run charter schools or when educational services are outsourced to for-profit businesses. Indeed, they welcome entrepreneurs into the reform community as investors and partners. If the American public understood that reformers want to privatize their public schools and divert their taxes to pay profits to investors, it would be hard to sell the corporate idea of reform. ...... The leaders of the privatization movement call themselves reformers, but their premises are strikingly different from those of reformers in the past. .....
Send this to all yer peeps, especially your local Teachers Union. Go to the NEA's State Affiliates map and contact someone randomly from near you with this story!
These "refromers don't want an educated work force. They want a dummed-down passive work force. See John Timmer at arstechnica.com Texas still seeing attempts to limit evolution in school textbooks - Stop us if you've heard this before: one textbook reviewer suggests teaching creationism
Last week after we pointed out HISTORIC wealth inequality Dave Johnson at Campaign for America's Future points out
Government Hands $1 Trillion+ To Wealthy While Deficit Is $642 Billion ..... But a report out today from the National Priorities Project (NPP) shows that the country is handing more than $1 trillion to the already-wealthy. That’s right, the government is cutting services and laying off hundreds upon hundreds of thousands in the name of cutting deficits, while handing more than $1 trillion a year to the wealthiest. The rest of us pay taxes and suffer cuts in jobs and services to make up this lost money. According to the report, lots of 1%ers will pay no taxes at all this year, while the country cuts jobs and services in the name of cutting the deficit.
- “Ten major tax breaks that together total more than $750 billion in tax savings in 2013 are tilted heavily in favor of the top income earners; according to the Congressional Budget Office, 17% of the benefits from these major tax breaks go to the top 1% of households. In fact, according to the Tax Policy Center, nearly 1.2 million taxpayers in the top 1% will owe no income tax at all in 2013, thanks in large part to tax breaks that help them reduce their tax liability down to zero.”
From the Public Citizen blog Study: "Trade" Deal Would Mean a Pay Cut for 90% of U.S. Workers The verdict is in: most U.S. workers would see wage losses as a result of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a sweeping U.S. "free trade" deal under negotiation with 11 Pacific Rim countries. That's the conclusion of a report just released by the non-partisan Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR). TPP's corporate proponents have tried to sell the NAFTA-style deal to the U.S. public and policymakers by claiming that it will result in gains for the U.S. economy. They often cite a study from the Peterson Institute for International Economics that used sweeping assumptions to project a tiny benefit from the TPP. We brought that study down to size back in January, showing that, even if one accepts the pro-TPP authors' litany of optimistic assumptions, the much-touted "benefit" from the TPP would amount to an extra quarter per person per day. As this week's CEPR report points out, the pro-TPP study projected a meager 0.13 percent increase to U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) by 2025 if the controversial TPP would be signed, passed, and implemented. By comparison, economists have estimated that Apple's iPhone 5 contributed a 0.25 - 0.5 percent increase to U.S. GDP. That is, the TPP's total contribution to the U.S. economy is expected, by TPP proponents, to be about one half to one fourth of the contribution of the latest iPhone version. Well, you might say, a nearly invisible blip in GDP is better than no blip in GDP. (You might say this if you ignore the host of dubious assumptions used to project said blip, and ignore the TPP's expected threats to medicines affordability, environmental protections, food safety, Internet freedom, and financial stability.) But what would such a paltry GDP rise mean for your pocket? Read on!
The ACLU has a new report Unleashed and Unaccountable: The FBI's Unchecked Abuse of Authority The FBI remains widely admired on Capitol Hill and within the Obama administration, despite a record of extraordinary abuse—particularly targeting racial and religious minorities, immigrants, and protest groups under the guise of counterterrorism after 9/11. The abuse, enabled by a roll-back of post-Watergate intelligence reforms and encouraged by long-standing Justice Department and FBI practices, has subverted internal and external oversight by squelching whistleblowers, imposing and enforcing unnecessary secrecy, and actively misleading Congress and the American people. Unleashed and Unaccountable: The FBI's Unchecked Abuse of Authority documents this extraordinary expansion of FBI power over the last 12 years. As Comey's tenure begins at the FBI, Congress and the president should take this opportunity to conduct a comprehensive examination of the FBI's policies and practices to identify and curtail any activities that are unnecessary, ineffective, or misused. Otherwise, FBI officials and certain members of Congress will undoubtedly demand that the new director stay the course, no matter how disastrous it may be for American civil liberties and privacy rights. ..... Also see The 10 Most Disturbing Things You Should Know About the FBI Since 9/11 and this History of the FBI Timeline
GOPher FOOD STAMP CUT: At the Atlantic Wire Abby Ohlheiser and Philip Bump explain the House Republicans Vote to Cut $39 Billion From Food Stamps The House passed a bill on Thursday that would cut as many as 3.8 million Americans from food stamps, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The cuts would come from a combination of ending state waivers for able-bodied, unemployed adults, and from tightened eligibility requirements. Currently, experts estimate that 48 million Americans will participate in the program in 2014. The vote was close, at 217-210, with 15 Republicans siding with every Democrat in the House against the bill. .... Interestingly, the 15 Republicans who voted against the measure (largely from the Northeast) represented fewer food stamp households on average than their colleagues that voted for it. If the cuts pass the Senate and are signed into law, the government would save $39 billion over 10 years, or twice as much as the House Agriculture Committee recommended, and much more in cuts than the Senate has previously approved, Politico explains. The current bill is a result of an earlier decision to split off the food stamp discussion from the usually bipartisan farm bill, under which it's traditionally been passed in tandem with farm subsidies, popular with Republicans. The food stamp-only current plan comes from the House Republican leadership, led by Majority Leader Eric Cantor. But not all Republicans were on board with the plan, in part because their districts would be adversely affected by the cuts. The Atlantic Wire has a detailed breakdown of how the cuts would affect each representative's district. The White House has already vowed to veto the bill, saying in a statement that "these cuts would affect a broad array of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet, including working families with children, senior citizens, veterans, and adults who are still looking for work." But it's doubtful that the bill will make it as-is through the Democrat-controlled Senate, where it's expected to be rejoined with the farm subsidy portion of the measure into some sort of compromise plan. The current farm bill expires on September 30. A final bill has to make it through Congress by then. The Terre Haute Tribune-Star editorializes GOP embraces false images in attack on food stamps .....Often referred to as “food stamps” and now formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (or SNAP), it is too frequently characterized as a fraud-filled system of government handouts to those who don’t really need it. That is the image projected by the bill’s proponents, despite their public comments. “This bill is designed to give people a hand when they need it most, and most people don’t choose to be on food stamps. Most people want a job … they want what we want,” said Eric Cantor, leader of the House majority party, the Republicans, who produced all 217 “aye” votes. (Fifteen Republicans joined all 195 all Democrats in opposing the measure.) So, when the phrases “food stamps” or “SNAP program” get mentioned, what image likely pops into the minds of those 217 lawmakers? The elderly? The disabled? Kids? They comprise the vast majority of the nation’s 47 million SNAP recipients. Or is it the “surfer dude” in California who uses his SNAP benefits to buy sushi and lobster, as shown on Fox News? Or is it the 10 business owners in Baltimore indicted on charges of stealing more than $7 million from the SNAP program? Or is it drug-abusing, freeloading slackers unwilling to work? Fraud, waste and abuse in any government program absolutely should be briskly policed and eliminated. No question. The SNAP program, though, is not rampant with those vices, despite the poster-boy status of “surfer dude” or the Baltimore grocers accused of scamming the system. The level of fraud amounted to 1.3 percent of SNAP transactions in 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. A provision in the House food-stamp measure would limit benefits to able-bodied adults to three months, and require those people to find work or enroll in a state jobs program; the bill’s backers emphasize that clause was included in the 1996 welfare reform law. The philosophical concept, provide work-get paid, is obvious, but that 1996 requirement was crafted in more robust economic times. The prospects of an unemployed adult finding a job paying enough money to avoid the need for food stamps are lower than in ’96. The July unemployment rate in Terre Haute was 10.5 percent. .... Read more at Occupy.com The Republican War on Food Stamps Is a Class War on America by Neil deMause (originally appearing on Al Jazeera America).
From Robert Reich's blog The Myth of the “Free Market” and How to Make the Economy Work for Us One of the most deceptive ideas continuously sounded by the Right (and its fathomless think tanks and media outlets) is that the “free market” is natural and inevitable, existing outside and beyond government. So whatever inequality or insecurity it generates is beyond our control. And whatever ways we might seek to reduce inequality or insecurity — to make the economy work for us — are unwarranted constraints on the market’s freedom, and will inevitably go wrong. By this view, if some people aren’t paid enough to live on, the market has determined they aren’t worth enough. If others rake in billions, they must be worth it. If millions of Americans remain unemployed or their paychecks are shrinking or they work two or three part-time jobs with no idea what they’ll earn next month or next week, that’s too bad; it’s just the outcome of the market. ....... In reality, the “free market” is a bunch of rules about (1) what can be owned and traded (the genome? slaves? nuclear materials? babies? votes?); (2) on what terms (equal access to the internet? the right to organize unions? corporate monopolies? the length of patent protections? ); (3) under what conditions (poisonous drugs? unsafe foods? deceptive Ponzi schemes? uninsured derivatives? dangerous workplaces?) (4) what’s private and what’s public (police? roads? clean air and clean water? healthcare? good schools? parks and playgrounds?); (5) how to pay for what (taxes, user fees, individual pricing?). And so on.
These rules don’t exist in nature; they are human creations. Governments don’t “intrude” on free markets; governments organize and maintain them. Markets aren’t “free” of rules; the rules define them. ....... Which brings us to the central political question: Who should decide on the rules, and their major purpose? If our democracy was working as it should, presumably our elected representatives, agency heads, and courts would be making the rules roughly according to what most of us want the rules to be. The economy would be working for us. Instead, the rules are being made mainly by those with the power and resources to buy the politicians, regulatory heads, and even the courts (and the lawyers who appear before them). As income and wealth have concentrated at the top, so has political clout. And the most important clout is determining the rules of the game. Not incidentally, these are the same people who want you and most others to believe in the fiction of an immutable “free market.” ...... Robert Reich's new film, “Inequality for All,” will be out September 27. If you missed this from last week see his hour-long interview with Amy Goodman Inequality for All: Robert Reich Warns Record Income Gap Is Undermining Our Democracy
Nobel Laureatte Paul Krugman explains how the GOPhers are Three Strikes And You’re, Well, Still Playing The Same Game Steve Benen notes that Republicans have been completely wrong about the U.S. economy three times in the past two decades — about Clinton, Bush, and Obama — but haven’t changed their doctrine a bit. I think it’s worth pointing out, however, that the third time was a bit different — although just as devastating — from the first two. ....... In round 3, Republicans predicted poor economic performance under Obama. And to be fair, the economy has not done particularly well. The crucial point, however, is the nature of the poor performance. Republicans confidently predicted Weimar 2.0 — soaring interest rates and inflation. They lambasted not just Obama but Bernanke — in fact, their attacks on Fed policy had more passion than their attacks on the stimulus, which after all didn’t last long. What actually happened, of course, was low inflation and low interest rates. Their faith in the crucial importance of not taxing rich people, not spending to help the less fortunate, and not printing money under any circumstances, remained unchanged. The thing is, there’s no accountability — and not just in the minds of the general public......
MORE KRUGMAN! The Crazy Party Early this year, Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, made headlines by telling his fellow Republicans that they needed to stop being the “stupid party.” Unfortunately, Mr. Jindal failed to offer any constructive suggestions about how they might do that. And, in the months that followed, he himself proceeded to say and do a number of things that were, shall we say, not especially smart. Nonetheless, Republicans did follow his advice. In recent months, the G.O.P. seems to have transitioned from being the stupid party to being the crazy party. I know, I’m being shrill. But as it grows increasingly hard to see how, in the face of Republican hysteria over health reform, we can avoid a government shutdown — and maybe the even more frightening prospect of a debt default — the time for euphemism is past. It helps, I think, to understand just how unprecedented today’s political climate really is.......
According to Citizens Responsible for Ethics in Washington's new website crewsmostcorrupt.org Michele "One L" Bachmann is the most corrupt Republican member of Congress: Michele Bachmann Rep. Bachmann's short-lived presidential campaign didn't launch her into the White House, but it launched a stunning number of ethics and criminal investigations. Rep. Bachmann appears to have improperly used her presidential campaign resources to promote her memoir, and the Department of Justice is investigating whether the Bachmann campaign illegally coordinated advertising with a super PAC. Meanwhile, a campaign aide turned whistleblower filed a Federal Election Commission (FEC) complaint alleging Rep. Bachmann improperly paid campaign staff from her leadership PAC. The campaign also allegedly withheld compensation from presidential campaign staffers who did not sign confidentiality agreements. Another former aide alleged the Bachmann campaign stole an email list, a theft that is still under investigation. Read about all the corrupt members of Congress at CREW's ninth report on congressional corruption names 17 members of Congress.
And at Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR.org) Steve Rendall asks and answers Inform the Public? Not My Job, Says Chuck Todd
....... It's sad that NBC's White House correspondent thinks his job is merely to convey politicians pronouncements, with no care about whether they are true or false. In fact, scrutinize claims, particularly those from powerful officials, is an essential part of journalism. It's embarrassing to have to cite elementary principles to one the nation's most influential reporters, but Todd should consider reviewing the Society of Professional Journalists' Code of Ethics, where, under the heading "Seek Truth and Report It," the very first tenet implores journalists to "test the accuracy of information from all sources." Todd isn't alone among influential journalists claiming that factchecking sources is outside their job purview. .....
Andrea Germanos, staff writer for CommonDreams.org reports Brazil's President Rousseff Cancels US Visit Over NSA Spying Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff has canceled her trip to the U.S. over spying by the National Security Agency. he news was first reported by O Globo on Tuesday and later confirmed in an official statement by the Brazilian government. Signs had emerged earlier this month that Rousseff would cancel the state visit scheduled for October 23, including a statement from one unnamed Brazilian official who said of the spying scandal, "This is a major, major crisis .... There needs to be an apology. It needs to be public. Without that, it's basically impossible for her to go to Washington in October." ...... The official statement called the "illegal practices" of the NSA an "assault on national sovereignty and individuals' rights." It adds that both presidents had decided to postpone the visit and that "once the matter was resolved adequately" a visit by Rousseff to the U.S. would take place. In a further sign of spying backlash, Rousseff is pushing legislative measures for her country to "divorce itself from the U.S.-centric Internet" by storing Internet data from Facebook and Google locally to keep it out of the reach of the NSA's prying eyes. .....
Then Umberto Pascali at GlobalResearch.ca lays out The BRICS “Independent Internet” Cable. In Defiance of the “US-Centric Internet” ...... President Dilma Rousseff has ordered a series of measures aimed at greater Brazilian online independence and security following revelations that the U.S. National Security Agency intercepted her communications, hacked into the state-owned Petrobras oil company’s network and spied on Brazilians who entrusted their personal data to U.S. tech companies such as Facebook and Google. BRICS Cable… a 34 000 km, 2 fibre pair, 12.8 Tbit/s capacity, fibre optic cable system. Go there to see the global BRICS internet map!
Here are some other stories of note you should read:
- Charles Arthur - The Guardian Academics criticise NSA and GCHQ for weakening online encryption
- Ray McGovern - ConsortiumNews.com How War on Syria Lost Its Way
- John Nichols - The Nation Blocking the Public’s Right to Know About ALEC
- Harvey Wasserman - Common Dreams The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over
- Brooke Jarvis - RollingStone.com Flooding and Fracking in Colorado: Double Disaster
- Katrina Vanden Heuvel, Editor and publisher of The Nation & Andrew Bacevich, professor of history and international relations at Boston University Could Russia-U.S. Deal on Syria Chemical Weapons Lead To a Non-Imperial, New Internationalism?
- More Andrew Bacevich Andrew Bacevich on “Breach of Trust: How Americans Failed Their Soldiers and Their Country"
- Angela Davis at an event organized by the Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Project at Northeastern University School of Law "Terrorism is Part of Our History": Angela Davis on ’63 Church Bombing, Growing up in "Bombingham"
- Matt Apuzzo & Adam Goldman, reporters for the Associated Press How Did D.C. Navy Yard Gunman Get Security Clearance While Being Treated by VA For Mental Illness?
- Apuzzo, Goldman & Linda Sarsour, director of the Arab American Association of New York From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPD’s Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- Sarah Collins Rudolph, survived the bombing of the Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, on September 15, 1963 "The Fifth Little Girl": Birmingham Church Bombing Survivor Still Seeks Compensation 50 Years On
- Jim Pullen, reporter and producer with public radio station KGNU in Boulder, Colorado & 350.org co-founder Bill McKibben The 1,000-Year Flood: Did Global Warming Worsen Colorado’s Unprecedented Rainfall?
- More Bill McKibben Bill McKibben: Obama Can Salvage His Climate Legacy by Rejecting Keystone XL Oil Pipeline
- Eric Schlosser, author “Fast Food Nation” and new book “Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety.” How the U.S. Narrowly Avoided a Nuclear Holocaust 33 Years Ago, and Still Risks Catastrophe Today
- Tom Diaz, journalist and lawyer "What Kind of Society Are We Going To Be?": Ex-NRA Member on the Failure to Address Gun Violence
- Shundra Robinson & Tom Diaz "This is Genocide in America": Mother of Slain Chicago Teenager Condemns Gun Violence Epidemic
- Nathan Schneider, longtime chronicler of the Occupy movement & Nicole Carty, Actions Coordinator with The Other 98 Percent Two Years After Occupy Wall Street, a Network of Offshoots Continue Activism for the 99%
- Kimberly Davis, Troy Davis’ sister & Jen Marlowe, Co-authored "I Am Troy Davis," & Ben Jealous, Outgoing president and CEO of the NAACP "I Am Troy Davis": Supporters, Family of Georgian Man Executed in 2011 Push to End Death Penalty
- Ben Jealous, Outgoing president and CEO of the NAACP Benjamin Jealous on Why He Is Leaving the NAACP, Future Plans
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Cristina Tzintzun & Richard Shaw: New Workers & Old Labor Together The construction industry in the Lone Star State is huge and so is the amount of unscrupulous behavior by employers. But something else is growing here too: a model of collaboration between buildings' trades unions and migrant workers. There's plenty of distrust in this red state still but there's also push-back .....more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Sylvania 300 at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 2 pm et LIVE from Loudon NH! »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Giants @ Yankees 1:05 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Cardinals @ Brewers 8 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Rays @ Yankees 7 pm et AND Dodgers @ Giants 10 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Video: David Coombs and Alexa O'Brien at the Sydney Opera House Watch the video of the Sydney Opera House panel discussion on “The War on Whistleblowers and Their Publishers” featuring Pvt. Chelsea Manning’s lawyer David Coombs, Guardian writer Glenn Greenwald, independent journalist Alexa O’Brien, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange AND Update 9/19/13: Manning’s leaks: Syria’s Chemical Weapon trove was no secret to Obama President Obama made a deal with Russia to convince Syria to hand over its chemical weapons and give up the program altogether;Artist Kyle Goen’s Pvt. Chelsea Manning piece will be showcased at the DUMBO Arts Festival in Brooklyn, New York. Titled “Who’s Chelsea Manning?” ; Slovenian philosopher and cultural critic Slavoj Zizek considers Edward Snowden, Pvt. Chelsea Manning, and Julian Assange our modern-day heroes. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,272 US Military Dead as of Sept 20, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
• Rep. Tom Graves, R-Ga.
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN “Crossfire” co-host Newt Gingrich, University of California, Berkeley professor and former Clinton Labor secretary Robert Reich, PBS “NewsHour” co-anchor and managing editor Gwen Ifill, and ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va.
• Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla
• Rep. Matt Salmon, R-Ariz.
• ROUNDTABLE: David Sanger, John Dickerson, Bobby Ghosh, and Nancy Gibbs
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Due to late-afternoon NFL game coverage and the live broadcast of the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards on the CBS Television Network, 60 Minutes will be pre-empted on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association
• ROUNDTABLE: A Meet the Press panel examines the effect the battle over Obamacare will have on the Republican Party.
• ROUNDTABLE II: A congressional roundtable discusses the potential of a government shutdown, with most lawmakers voicing confidence that such an outcome will be avoided.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines.
• Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
• New York Magazine writer Joe Hagan
• ROUNDTABLE: Al Cardenas, Kevin Madden, Joe Lockhart and Donna Brazile discuss U.S. relations with Syria and Iran.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Church Night Wednesday!! Uber Pope/Imam/Rabbi Bob exposes the Religious Right! Listen NOW HERE - Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - September 19, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Climate science denial on display in US House in advance of new UN report as DOE, EPA defend climate action; Mexico reeling from simultaneous twin hurricanes; Arctic sea ice 6th lowest on record; PLUS: Confirmed: toxic oil and gas leaks in CO floodwaters ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Researchers struggle to project how fast, how high and how far sea levels will rise; Utilities shocked as more big companies self-generate power; E-waste a 'global time bomb'; Solar Decathlon heads to CA; Japan balked at steps to control Fukushima water in 2011; Clean energy less costly than fossil fuels; USDA guts public organic review process to limit synthetics ... PLUS: California wins right to clamp down on carbon ... and much, MUCH more!
• 'Green News Report' - September 17, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Rescue turns to recovery and rebuilding amidst Colorado's "biblical" flooding, while concerns grow after floodwaters swamp oil & gas fields; It's official: August 2013 was the 4th hottest on record; PLUS: Here's to Alaska! Mining giant pulls out of controversial Pebble Mine project ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! DELAY ACQUITTED, SIEGELMAN STILL IN PRISONTexas' former Republican Congressman gets off scot-free for actual crimes, as Alabama's former Democratic Governor still serving years in prison for a 'crime' that was never considered one until he was convicted of it...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Texas D.A. To Seek Review of DeLay's Partisan Acquittal Austin County prosecutor hopes to overturn questionable ruling that allowed Tom DeLay off the hook for money laundering, though former GOP Rep. may have little to worry about...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Padilla Still Misleading About CA's Dangerous Election Bill As bill waits for Guv's signature, state Sen. tells media SB 360 needed to allow public ownership of e-vote systems (which is already allowed), doesn't mention it also radically curtails testing of new systems...
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': MSM Failure on Syria Weapons Questions and Climate Change Reality FAIR's Jim Naureckas on media's lack of skepticism on Syria; Slate's Phil Plait from Boulder, CO on their 'biblical' floods and climate denialists ramping up before new UN report...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment Sept 19, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Courts Let Tom DeLay and Halliburton “Off the Hook” We open with Rolling Stones’ “Off the Hook”, as courts overturn DeLay’s conviction and fine Halliburton for blowout’s evidence destruction…
• PBC News & Comment Sept 20, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Scrooge Arrives Early as GOP Radicals Cut Food Stamps In first of Tea Party salvos, GOP-run House cuts food stamps and bans lottery winners from receiving them–RU kidding?…..
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 12, 2013 Boiling Frogs: Pepe Escobar on the US Threat to Strike Syria: False Flags, Big Lies and the Role of Bandar Bush
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 17, 2013Grassroots Organizer and Activist Sam Daley-Harris Offers Advice and Inspiration for Fighting Hunger, Poverty, Climate Change
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Sept 20, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Liz Kennedy from Demos.org will tell us why we need to act soon to stop the Supreme Court from demolishing campaign spending limits.
• Author David Kirby will discuss the ethical implications of keeping killer whales in captivity.
• John Nichols from The Nation will tell us how progressive uprisings are changing American politics from the bottom up.
• And author Sasha Abramsky will be here to talk about his new book “The American Way of Poverty.”
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sept 21, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» TV and radio host Thom Hartmann talks about the events that led to our economic collapse 5 years ago, and what we can do to prevent the next big crash.
»» Attorney Mike Burg tells us how America is quickly beginning to resemble a third world banana republic.
»» Author Cliff Schecter talks about the insurance industry-funded groups that are trying to dismantle Obamacare.
»» Attorney Howard Nations will tell us about the disastrous effects of the GOP’s budget cutting.
»» Linda Lipsen, the CEO of the AAJ, will discuss the latest round of victories for the makers of deadly chemicals.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Progressive Movement Finally Coming Together (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio speaks to David Pakman about recent developments within the Progressive movement, and how the movement is seemingly becoming increasingly unified.
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Are We Becoming Numb To Gun Violence? (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss the horrific shooting that occurred in a Washington, D.C. Navy yard this past Monday, which left 13 people dead, including the gunman.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Sept. 21, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 9/16/13 Allison Kilkenny: Occupy's New Fight
• TUESDAY 9/17/13 Occupy Wall Street Best of Show, Fran Lebowitz
• WEDNESDAY 9/18/13 David Neiwert: Crossing the Dark Side of the American Border
• THURSDAY 9/19/13 Mike Konczal: What we get wrong when we talk about ‘the financial crisis’
• FRIDAY 8/20/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Dean Obeidallah
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Obama’s Nixon moment … invoking the exact image which he is trying to avoid. by MaxKeiser - READ This is the United States of America — we’re not some banana republic, this is not a deadbeat nation, we don’t run out on our tab.
• Mortgages, Eminent domain and Richmond – - YES, it’s illegal by Stacy Herbert: Stacy Summary: We were probably the first to cover this story when the idea was first floated to to use eminent domain to seize PERFORMING mortgage contracts. READ Mortgages, Eminent domain and Richmond VIDEO! And here is one of the pieces we did on the use of eminent domain to seize mortgages, in this case it was being floated in San Bernardino.....
• Hackers For Government Hire: A Growing and Deeply Disturbing Industry Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - Wikileaks recently continued the release of what they refer to as the “Spy Files.” These files provide a look into some of the companies behind the rapid commercialization of the spy equipment industry, who’s clients include repressive governments and dictatorial regimes around the world. In a press release announcing these files Wikileaks states: Across the world, mass surveillance contractors are helping intelligence agencies spy on individuals and ‘communities of interest’ on an industrial scale…
• KEISER REPORT [KR498] Keiser Report: CIA, NSA & Economic Espionage We discuss economic espionage and, perhaps, sabotage by the NSA against the corporations and innovators of competitor nations. In the second half, Max interviews author, journalist and filmmaker, Greg Palast of GregPalast.com, about the Larry Summers’ secret ‘End Game’ memo and the decriminalization of what were once financial crimes.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Housing Bubble Ponzi and Icarus Economics We discuss the triangle of fraud in the housing sector and the policy of Icarus economics in which banks can’t crash soon enough because then they can get their bailouts from the taxpayer. In the second half, Max interviews Simon Rose of SaveOurSavers.co.uk about the George Osborne’s ‘New Deal’ of putting estate agents to work as flocks of pigs fly across the London sky. They also discuss the five years of unintended consequences, including that which has led to the idea being floated of a government cap on house price rises to correct the problem of government intervention in the mortgage market.
• KEISER REPORT [KR500] Keiser Report: Crimes & Cracks of Capitalism We discuss what the economy and financial sector look like five hundred episodes later. They find an economy where the wealth and income gap is the highest ever, median income has collapsed and the mainstream media alleges the government is ‘assaulting’ JP Morgan with all the fines for the bank’s many criminal activities. In the second half, Max interviews Professor Steve Keen about banking and leverage five years after the collapse of Lehman Brothers.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1289] The Truth About Markets – 21 September 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/17/13 Adam Morrow: IPS News journalist Adam Morrow discusses Egypt’s counterrevolution; the Muslim Brotherhood officials in jail or in hiding; how Iran’s secular progressives have discredited themselves by backing the antidemocratic military coup; and Israel’s long-held desire to repossess the Sinai Peninsula.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/20/13 John Glaser: John Glaser, a writer for Antiwar.com and The Huffington Post, discusses how US obsession with regime change is ruining any chance for a deal on Iran’s nuclear program; how US foreign policy became completely disconnected from the national interest; learning from Libya, Iraq and N. Korea that nuclear weapons are indeed deterrents to invasion/regime change; and why Obama needed a terrorism waiver to arm Syrian rebels.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml