Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Disaster Capitalism continues unabated See how many Disaster Capitalism effects you can identify below! Haha so many disasters happening all at once it's hard to keep score, but we carry on! SO Get yer clickin' fingers ready cuz we've lots of ground to cover. First thing you have to do today is watch BOB KINCAID on MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY on MSN!BC 10 AM to NOON ET SUNDAY! Bob is scheduled for the 11:30 AM ET segment so tune in early in case they move his segment around! Bob will be talking about the Freedom Industries 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol leak into West Virginia's Elk River that is poisoning potentially hundreds of thousands of people and comments on the coal industry in general. NEXT on your do-to list is this ACTION! February 14th is The Day We Fight Back Against Mass Surveillance! TheDayWeFightBack.org On Anniversary of Aaron Swartz's Tragic Passing, Leading Internet Groups and Online Platforms Announce Day of Activism Against NSA Surveillance. Mobilization, dubbed "The Day We Fight Back" to Honor Swartz & Celebrate Anniversary of SOPA Blackout. Washington, DC – A broad coalition of activist groups, companies, and online platforms will hold a worldwide day of activism in opposition to the NSA's mass spying regime on February 11th. Dubbed "The Day We Fight Back", the day of activism was announced on the eve of the anniversary of the tragic passing of activist and technologist Aaron Swartz. The protest is both in his honor and in celebration of the victory over the Stop Online Piracy Act two years ago this month, which he helped spur.
Participants including Access, Demand Progress, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Fight for the Future, Free Press, BoingBoing, Reddit, Mozilla, ThoughtWorks, and more to come, will join potentially millions of Internet users to pressure lawmakers to end mass surveillance -- of both Americans and the citizens of the whole world. ............ On the day of action, the coalition and the activists it represents make calls and drive emails to lawmakers. Owners of websites will install banners to encourage their visitors to fight back against surveillance, and employees of technology companies will demand that their organizations do the same. Internet users are being asked to develop memes and change their social media avatars to reflect their demands.
Websites and Internet users who want to talk part can visit TheDayWeFightBack.org to sign up for email updates and to register websites to participate. Regular updates will be posted to the site between now and the February 11th day of action.
WHO: Access, Demand Progress, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Fight for the Future, Free Press, The Other 98%, BoingBoing, Mozilla, Reddit, ThoughtWorks -- and many more to come!
WHAT: Day of Action in Opposition to Mass Spying, Honoring Aaron Swartz and SOPA Blackout Anniversary
WHEN: February 11, 2014
HOW INTERNET USERS CAN HELP:
- Visit TheDayWeFightBack.org
- Sign up to indicate that you'll participate and receive updates.
- Sign up to install widgets on websites encouraging its visitors to fight back against surveillance. (These are being finalized in coming days.)
- Use the social media tools on the site to announce your participation.
- Develop memes, tools, websites, and do whatever else you can to participate -- and encourage others to do the same.
- Graeme Wearden, theguardian.com Oxfam: 85 richest people as wealthy as poorest half of the world
- Phillip Inman Economics correspondent, theguardian.com The 85 richest people in the world: men still in the driving seat
- Glyn Moody, TechDirt.com from the big-question dept Global Trade Agreements: Unstoppable, Or Being Stopped?
- KENNETH P. VOGEL, politico.com Koch World 2014
- Charleston Gazette reporter Ken Ward with Fresh Air's Dave Davies on NPR How Industrial Chemical Regulation Failed West Virginia RELATED: Elk River leak included another chemical by Ken Ward, www.wvgazette.com
- Jeff Biggers, theguardian.com "Comment is free" If we don't put people before profits, spills like West Virginia are our future
- Tara Culp-Ressler, ThinkProgress Missouri Lawmakers May Force Women To Wait 3 Days Before Having An Abortion
- Dr. Matthew Rimmer, TechDirt.com from the a-study-in-contradictions dept The State Of The Union: President Obama, Intellectual Property And Trade - Dr. Matthew Rimmer wrote up this week's "review" post, and kept on writing, submitting this rather interesting take on last week's State of the Union address which we thought many of you would enjoy.
- Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report American State of the Union: A Festival of Lies
- Huffington Post Washington bureau chief Ryan Grim om Majority Report 1/29/14 Ryan Grim: The Why of the State of The Union
- Robert Scheer, TruthDig.com ‘Left, Right & Center’: The Imperial President or Small Ball?
- Dave Jamieson, HuffPoAOL The Real State Of The Union For Workers
- Lindsay Adams, Salon.com Bill Nye on creationism: Show me one piece of evidence and I would change my mind immediately
- Elizabeth Stoker, Salon.com Inside Ken Ham’s mind: Why the creationist couldn’t sustain a scientific discussion
- Kathy Malloy, OpEdNews.com The End is Nye
- Sean McElwee, Alternet.com The Simple Truth About Biblical Literalism and the Fundamentalists Who Promote It
- CJ Werleman, Alternet.com 5 of the Christian Right's Favorite and Most Dangerous New Recruits Running for Congress
- USA Today's Dennis Wagner via HuffPoAOL Thomas S. Monson, Mormon President, Faced With Fraud Charges
- BeforeItsNews.com Vatican Protects Pedos: Vatican Under Fire for Protecting Pedophiles in Clergy BERLIN — A United Nations committee on Wednesday issued a scathing indictment of the Catholic Church’s handling of child sexual abuse involving clerics, releasing a report that went far beyond how the church responded to abuse allegations and included criticism of its teachings on homosexuality, gender equality and abortion.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Erich Pica, president, Friends of the Earth USA & Cindy Schild, senior manager of the American Petroleum Institute’s refining and oil sands program Debate: State Dept Moves Keystone XL Closer to Approval, But Does Conflict of Interest Taint Report?
- More Erich Pica Environmental Groups "Shocked" by Reports of NSA Spying of U.N. Climate Talks
- Christopher Wahmhoff, part of the Michigan Coalition Against Tar Sands Michigan Activists Face Up to 2 Years in Prison for Protesting Oil Pipeline Behind 2010 Spill
- Eve Ensler & Kimberle Crenshaw One Billion Rising: Eve Ensler & Kimberle Crenshaw on Global Movement to End Violence Against Women
- "Kids for Cash" Kids For Cash: Inside One of the Nation’s Most Shocking Juvenile Justice Scandals Today a special on "kids for cash," the shocking story of how thousands of children in Pennsylvania were jailed by two corrupt judges who received $2.6 million in kickbacks from the builders and owners of private prison facilities. We hear from two of the youth: Charlie Balasavage was sent to juvenile detention after his parents unknowingly bought him a stolen scooter; Hillary Transue was detained for creating a MySpace page mocking her assistant high school principal. They were both 14 years old and were sentenced by the same judge, Judge Mark Ciavarella, who is now in jail himself — serving a 28-year sentence. Balasavage and Transue are featured in the new documentary, "Kids for Cash," by filmmaker Robert May, who also joins us. In addition, we speak to two mothers: Sandy Fonzo, whose son Ed Kenzakoski committed suicide after being imprisoned for years by Judge Ciavarella, and Hillary’s mother, Laurene Transue. Putting their stories into context of the larger scandal is attorney Robert Schwartz, executive director of the Juvenile Law Center. The story is still developing: In October, the private juvenile-detention companies in the scandal settled a civil lawsuit for $2.5 million.
- Samantha Retrosi, luge athlete & Dave Zirin, sports columnist for The Nation "An Olympic Snowden": U.S. Athlete on Being Turned Into a "Spokesperson for Verizon" at 2006 Games
- Retrosi, Zirin and Jules Boykoff, Pacific University in Oregon & Helen Jefferson Lenskyj, author of several books on the Olympics "Celebration Capitalism & the Olympics": Global Protests Mark Approach of Sochi Games
- Michael Hiltzik, Pulitzer Prize-winning business columnist for the Los Angeles Times Job Killer? How Media Spin Got Obamacare Wrong — and Why Single-Payer Could Cure Its Actual Flaws See LA Times Why the New CBO Report on Obamacare is Good News
- Greg Grandin, teaches Latin American history at New York University Empire of Necessity: Historian Greg Grandin on Slavery, Freedom and Deception in the New World
- More Greg Grandin In Latin American Votes, Honduran Movements Cement Role While El Salvador Poised for Historic Shift
- Alan Johnson, reporter with The Columbus Dispatch, Attorney Cheryl Pilate & Megan McCracken, attorney with the UC Berkeley School of Law’s Death Penalty Clinic Execution Chaos: Witnesses Say Executions Are Botched as States Use Untested, Secret Drug Cocktails
- Michael Skolnik, editor-in-chief of GlobalGrind.com Trial Begins in Case of Man Who Murdered Florida Teen Jordan Davis Over Loud Music
- Richard Alpert, Tarrant County assistant district attorney & Boyce Watkins, Syracuse University professor Affluenza Defense Lands Wealthy Teen in Rehab After He Kills 4 People in Drunk Driving Accident
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Live from Los Angeles: State of Female Justice Tune in today for the second “State of Female Justice” panel—live from Los Angeles, hosted by Laura Flanders in collaboration with Eve Ensler’s V-Day and One Billion Rising campaign. In addition to discussing the issues of gender justice and violence against women, “State of Female Justice” will bring together environmental, racial and economic justice leaders to put an intersectional lens on gender justice and describe how all of these issues deeply impact women across the United States and around the world. ........ more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» Sochi Winter Olypics on NBC See TV Listings »»» NBA on ABC Sunday Doubleheader! Knicks @ Thunder at 1 pm et then Bulls @ Lakers 3:30 pm et »»» NBA on TNT Thursday Doubleheader! Nets @ Bulls 8 pm et then Thunder @ Lakers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: Restore Net Neutrality An appeals court just dealt the latest blow to the open Internet. The court struck down the Federal Communications Commission’s Open Internet Order because of the questionable legal framework the agency used when it adopted its Net Neutrality rules in 2010. This ruling means there is no one who can protect us from ISPs that block or discriminate against websites, applications or services. But there’s hope: FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler can correct the agency’s past mistakes and truly protect our nation’s communications infrastructure. The agency must take the necessary steps to make broadband networks open, accessible, reliable and affordable for everyone. Tell the FCC to start treating broadband like a communications service, and to restore its Net Neutrality rules.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning Awarded Sam Adams Integrity Prize for 2014 January 22, 2014. By the Sam Adams Associates for Integrity in Intelligence (SAAII). Chelsea Manning has been awarded this years's Integrity in Intelligence award for "casting much-needed daylight on the true toll and cause of civilian casualties in Iraq; human rights abuses by U.S. and “coalition” forces, mercenaries, and contractors; and the roles that spying and bribery play in international diplomacy." ..... AND Update 1/26/14: From the war on hackers to the war on whistleblowers Jesselyn Radack and Edward Snowden discuss the dangerous continuation of the 1917 Espionage Act, which the U.S. government has used in its prosecutions of Manning, Drake, Kiriakou, and now Snowden. And an EFF attorney compares overprosecution of electronic crimes to the war on drugs. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,309 US Military Dead as of Feb 7, 2014 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., CNN “Crossfire” co-host S.E. Cupp, former Obama White House senior adviser and ABC News contributor David Plouffe, and ABC News senior Washington correspondent Jeff Zeleny
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• CBS News correspondent Mark Phillips in Sochi
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. member of the House Intelligence Committee
• Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
• Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.
• ROUNDTABLE: Michele Norris of NPR, Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic and Mark Mazzetti of The New York Times, as well as CBS News State Department correspondent Margaret Brennan and CBS News political director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• Coming Up Sunday, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Drugs can affect men and women differently
• Philip Seymour Hoffman's problems with addiction
• Housing the homeless can save money
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul
• Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell, New York Times Columnist David Brooks, Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne, Chief Executive Officer for Heritage Action for America Mike Needham, and Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy Mona Sutphen
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Former Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, head of the U.S. delegation to Russia, joins us from Sochi to discuss ongoing Olympic security concerns.
• Sochi Security Roundtable: former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, diplomat Nicholas Burns, and Russian expert Dimitri Simes.
• Politics Roundtable: CNN Contributors Cornell Belcher, Ana Navarro, and A.B. Stoddard, Associate Editor for The Hill newspaper
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Bob continues updates on the WVA Freedom Industries chem leak as he prepares for his appearance on MELISSA HARRIS PERRY SHOW on MSNBC 11:30 AM ET SUNDAY! Plus the Friday H.O.R.N. Skype group! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, February 7th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - February 6, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: No end in sight for coal ash waste spill in NC; Sniper attack exposes security vulnerabilities of aging US electrical grid; Fracking depleting water supplies in drought-stricken states; Tesla electric cars, now driving cross-country for free; PLUS: The Great Barrier Reef to become a sacrifice zone for coal ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Record number of billion-dollar disasters in 2013; How to deconstruct the difficult math of Keystone XL's carbon footprint; USDA launches 'climate hubs' to help farmers with drought; Winter Olympics: downhill forecast in a warming world; From Occupy to climate justice ... PLUS: Big Coal’s ash mess follows its chemical spill. Is this some kind of bad joke? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - February 4, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Keystone XL pipeline moves one step closer to approval; Britain pummeled by record rain and floods; Another coal-related spill contaminates drinking water, this time in North Carolina; PLUS: The Arctic wins again --- for now --- as Shell Oil drops plans to drill this summer ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! TX Repub Calls Photo ID Restriction Law a 'Problem' Voter suppression measures by so-called 'small government conservatives' are costing taxpayers more and more. The latest hypocrisy comes, naturally, out of Texas...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Federal Lawsuit Against FEC Seeks to Force Rove's 'Dark Money' Donors Into the Light Complaint filed by good government groups charges Republican Commissioners' actions were 'arbitrary, capricious, an abuse of discretion, and otherwise contrary to law'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! PA Photo ID Law Found Unconstitutional; State Court Issues Permanent Injunction By Ernest A. Canning - A Pennsylvania Photo ID law that one Republican lawmaker once boasted would deliver the Keystone State to Mitt Romney in the 2012 Presidential Election was struck down by a Pennsylvania trial court. Judge Bernard L. McGinley of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania ruled that several sections of Act 18, the Republican-sponsored polling place Photo ID statute that was signed into law by Gov. Tom Corbett (R) in March of 2012, violated the Pennsylvania Constitution. ........
• BRADCAST! 'Jekyll and Hyde' SOTU Climate: 'BradCast' Joe Romm of Climate Progress discusses Obama's dangerous 'All of the Above' energy policy; GOP's SOTU Derangement Syndrome in full flower; MORE...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 7 Feb 2014 PBC News & Comment: Rain Falls on Water Wars in California As first major rainstorm of 2014 slams California, GOP House tries water grab based on false choice between fish, farms….
• PBC Standard Podcast February 4, 2014 Ed Snowden Explains the Trigger for His Whistleblowing, and More No subscription required.
• PBC Standard Podcast February 7, 2014 Detailed, Informative Critique of Ex-Defense Secretary Gates’ Best Seller “Duty” from Former CIA Analyst Mel Goodman
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! February 7, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern. Best of Ring of Fire Radio!
• Daniel Ellsberg will be here to discuss the domestic spying programs of the federal government.
• Climate scientist and author Michael Mann will tell us why approving the Keystone XL pipeline would be the biggest mistake the Obama administration could make.
• And Michael Lind from the New America Foundation will tell us why the 1% always win in American politics.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! February 8, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» David Haynes will explain the political scandals surrounding the most promising GOP heavyweights.
»» Howard Nations will tell us why Democrats have failed to act on Citizens United – they’re getting just as much cash as the GOP.
»» Dr. Tom Schneider, author of “A Physician’s Apology”, will talk about the dangers of common dietary supplements and how they can be avoided.
»» Richard Eskow, host of Take Action News, talks about Tom Perkins’ claim that the Occupy movement is no different than the Nazis.
»» And Mike Burg will tell us why alternative labor groups have big business leaders running scared.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on December 21, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on January 25, 2014 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Farm Bill Takes Food From The Needy (VIDEO) Ring of Fire hosts Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss the recent Farm Bill that was passed by Congress, which cuts $8.7 billion from food stamp recipients over ten years.
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Elementary School Throws Away School Lunches (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss a story out of Salt Lake City, in which an elementary school threw away the school lunches of 40 kids because of past due balances.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 2/3/14 More Shoes Drop On Chris Christie & Elijah Zarlin: Fighting Keystone
• TUESDAY 2/4/14 Gabriel Sherman: The Loudest Voice in the Room: The Unauthorized Biography of Roger Ailes
• WEDNESDAY 2/5/14 Teaser For Freebies
• THURSDAY 2/6/14 Ian Haney López: Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class
• FRIDAY 2/7/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• DARK CLOUDS OVER DAVOS by Simon Dixon - The entire Banzai7 State of the Davos Ponzi slide show is: here
• Banker Source on Wall Street Suicides: Big Things Are Going Down! by The Doc - Steve Quayle’s banker source “V” is warning that “big things are going down” as a result of the fact that the NY Fed & bullion banks are OUT OF PHYSICAL GOLD, and states that the 4 banker suicides in the past week were on a HIT LIST tied to FOREX fraud- a list which the source claims includes dozens of Wall Street banksters. Click here for more on the recent rash of banker “suicides” ..... (silverdoctors.com)
• As we reported last year: Bank of England officials told currency traders it wasn’t improper to share impending customer orders with counterparts at other firms by maxkeiser - READ Scandal: Bank Of England Encouraged Currency Manipulation By Banks (zerohedge.com) Traders representing some of the world’s biggest banks told officials at the meeting that they shared information about aggregate orders before currency benchmarks were set, three people with knowledge of the discussion said. The officials said there wasn’t a policy on such communications and that banks should make their own rules, according to the people. The notes could drag the U.K. central bank into another market-rigging scandal two years after it was criticized by lawmakers for failing to act on warnings that Libor was vulnerable to abuse. .........
• Jim Willie on Bankster Suicides: Bankers Were Taken Out to Prevent FOREX Fraud Whistle-blowing! by The Doc - Yesterday we reported that Steve Quayle’s banker source “V” has informed him that the recent rash of banker “suicides” are part of a hit list that includes dozens of bankers including a supposed high level Citi executive. Today, none other than Jim Willie himself has provided SD readers with an exclusive report on the banker deaths. The Golden Jackass states that the suicided bankers had flipped during prosecution investigation, and were assassinated to prevent insider testimony of bank fraud from reaching the prosecution. Willie, who recently sat down with The Doc for an exclusive interview revealing the “Smoking Gun” proving gold rehypothecation by US officials, emphasizes that we are NOT seeing bad bankers removed, we are witnessing bankers taken out who are on the verge of revealing BIG DATA details. Click here for Willie’s full alert on Wall Street banker suicides.
• KEISER REPORT [KR556] Keiser Report: Print or Taper? We discuss the print, taper, print, taper talk that has led to the economic and financial chaos that finds the Financial Times opining that one should do like the Bundesbank did and demand physical delivery of your gold before your wealth becomes pixellated. In the second half, Max interviews John Mauldin, author of CODE RED: How to Protect Your Savings From the Coming Crisis, about money printing, inflation/deflation, gold prices and wages.
• KEISER REPORT [KR557] Keiser Report: Round Tripping Financial Crisis We discuss accounting fraud as the new opium for China and how it is that we keep roundtripping to financial crisis because every time we get to tomorrow we’ve already spent it yesterday. We also discuss raining the marmite of fraud on a ten foot tall Janet Yellen. In the second half, Max interviews Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com about the unintended consequences of money printing, the China mirage where the GDP statistics are for ‘reference purposes only’ and about later this year when Greece will also ’roundtrip’ its way to a 3% GDP growth mirage.
• KEISER REPORT [KR558] Keiser Report: Slingin’ Debt Whores We discuss the ‘bullion in the sky’ that is the UK housing market in the Year of the Whores, as the BBC accidentally called the Chinese New Year. In the second half, Max interviews coder, hacker and cryptocurrency expert, Andreas Antonopoulos about FUD from the bitcoin wannabe regulators who don’t understand the protocol is a push system unlike the pull system that is the modern online transactions market. They also discuss the fact that gold can’t be teleported and the Charlie Shrem perp walk, a walk which no TBTF banker has had to do in modern times.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Staged Rumble in Wall Street Jungle We compare Wall Street to World Wrestling Entertainment where alleged competitors adopt stage personas and meet each other in a choreographed, scripted and over-acted competition. And just as people are betting on the pre-determined outcomes in the WWE ring, they’re doing the same in the rigged financial markets. In the second half, Max interviews Doug Casey of CaseyResearch.com about his new book, RIGHT ON THE MONEY. They also discuss Argentina, the dollar, art and gold.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1304] The Truth About Markets – 01 February 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 01/31/14 Kevin Zeese: Attorney and political activist Kevin Zeese discusses his article “Is Syrian ‘Peace” Conference Laying the Foundation for War;” the exclusion of Iran and various (non US-supported) opposition groups from the talks; John Kerry’s lies and warmongering; the secret law that allows the government to arm “moderate” Syrian rebels; and CNN’s single-sourced report on torture by the Syrian government.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 02/04/14 M.J. Rosenberg: Journalist M.J. Rosenberg discusses Obama’s takedown of AIPAC and their plans to sabotage an Iran agreement; John Kerry’s mysterious obsession with a (seemingly unworkable) Israel-Palestine deal; why Obama can’t stand Benjamin Netanyahu; and AIPAC’s firm grasp on Hillary Clinton.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 01/23/14 Robert P. Murphy: Robert P. Murphy, author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism", discusses the incredible wealth possessed by the 85 richest people on the planet; Bill Gates’ proclamation that there will be no more poor nations; and the bubbles in real estate, stocks, and the dollar itself.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 02/05/14 Patrick Toomey: Patrick Toomey, a Staff Attorney in the ACLU’s National Security Project, discusses the PCLOB report on the NSA’s Shadow Database; limiting the NSA’s access to the “corporate store” of pooled American phone records; and the ACLU’s legal challenge of the FISA Amendments Act of 2008
• Scott Horton Radio Show 02/06/14 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear ScareManufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, discusses the faulty assumptions that led US intelligence analysts – starting in the early 1990s – to suspect Iran was secretly pursuing nuclear weapons, and the media’s failure to report on a 2008 IAEA report that cleared Iran of those earlier suspicions.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen Roy Blunt (R-MO)
• Sen Ben Cardin (D-MD)
• Rep Michael McCaul (R-TX), Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security
• Rep Adam Schiff (D-CA) member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml