Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Constitutional Crisis Yes there is a "Constitutional Crisis" but it's not in Ukraine! And Diane Feinstein is "shocked! shocked!" there is spying going on! On HER committee! Of course DiFi thinks it's PERFECTLY OK and REASONABLE we regular peeps can be spied on! Her "come to jeebus" moment is so full of hippocracy it's nearly laughable if it wasn't so grave. And Ukraine has its own set of problems, most likely caused by war profiteers like DiFi and her neolib/neocon buddies. More on both of these in a bit. BUT FIRST From David Shepardson and Melissa Burden at the Detroit News Ignition switch recall engulfs GM One month after General Motors Co. announced a seemingly routine recall for older cars for ignition switch problems, the callback of 1.62 million cars linked to 12 deaths and 31 crashes in which air bags failed to inflate has grown into the biggest crisis the Detroit automaker has faced in years. GM now faces a criminal investigation, looming hearings in Congress, scrutiny from federal regulators and mounting negative publicity over the question of whether GM recalled the cars in a timely manner. News reports have featured tearful stories of people killed in now-recalled cars. Tuesday, GM staffers are scheduled to brief House Energy and Commerce aides from both political parties on events leading to the recall. ............Adding to GM’s problems Friday, Transport Canada said it is investigating a June 2013 death that could be linked to the defects. GM has recalled more than 235,000 cars in Canada linked to bad ignition switches that can inadvertently turn off the engine and disable air bags, and also make the car difficult to steer. Also Friday, Texas law firms filed a class-action suit against the company. Several executives at the Detroit automaker have privately compared the firestorm over its decision to delay recalling 1.62 million Chevrolet Cobalts and other cars to the maelstrom faced by BP over the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster or the manufacturer of Tylenol after the 1982 deaths of seven people who took cyanide-spiked painkillers. GM likely will face more lawsuits with all the publicity. .......... Under terms of the bankruptcy agreement, the “new” GM is not liable for accidents occurring before bankruptcy. GM previously has said the company did not assume liability for claims that came from accidents that occurred before July 2009, but it will put the customer first “and that will continue to guide us.” See Ralph Nader on DN! below! Rambler anyone? Say didn't MITT HEADROOM's dad George run AMC back then?
COBALT began in 2004 at the beleagured GM Lordstown Assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio heralded as a "job creator". Take a trip in the BTV Wayback Machine to 2004 Taking a Spin with New Lordstown-Built Cobalt At present, Local 1112 has 3,700 active members and the plant's overall work force has dwindled over the last two years because of retirements and attrition. An additional 1,800 workers are members of UAW 1714 and work in the plant's metals stamping operation. ...... "The key is that no one will be laid off," Graham said, though he added final employment numbers at the plant have not been finalized. Last month, 30 workers retired and the plant expects a large number to retire in January. Other employees might be transferred to a "jobs bank" and receive full pay and benefits until positions become available.Graham said by January, those employees in the plant's job bank will hopefully be back on the line as production hits stride.....
The NATIONAL SUMMIT TO REASSESS THE U.S. - ISRAEL "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" was held in Washington D.C. at the National Press Club by the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy along with the Council for the National Interest, If Americans Knew, and the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs. Check out the lineup of Speakers and watch some of the presentations at their Video/Audio/Program page! And look for more at The Future of Freedom Foundation. Scott Horton and Grant F. Smith discuss the conference on The Scott Horton Show!
Here are few items we didn't get to last week:
- Janet Davison, CBC News:California's crippling drought could cost – and benefit – Canadians
- Glyn Moody at TechDirt: Snowden Gives Testimony To European Parliament Inquiry Into Mass Surveillance, Asks For EU Asylum
- Peter Maass at The Intercept: The NSA Has An Advice Columnist. Seriously.
- IMF Sponsored “Democracy” in The Ukraine
- Jon Queally, staff writer at CommonDreams.org: Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
- Author William Blum at Third World Traveler: Excerpt from the book Killing Hope - U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II
- Dan Froomkin Calls for Brennan’s Ouster Emerge Along With Details of CIA Search of Senate Computers
- Glenn Greenwald Foreign Officials In the Dark About Their Own Spy Agencies’ Cooperation with NSA
- Marcy Wheeler The White House Has Been Covering Up the Presidency’s Role in Torture for Years
- by Dan Froomkin The Intercept
CIA Search of Congressional Computer Sparks Constitutional Crisis
- by Editorial New York Times
The C.I.A. Torture Cover-Up
- by Ted Gup Guardian
The CIA Likes to Write Its Own Rules, but Spying on Congress Crosses a New Line
- by Maureen Dowd New York Times
The Spies Who Didn’t Love Her
- by Editorial Guardian
The CIA: The Double Life of Dianne Feinstein
- History of How BartCop Started
- Bartcop Radio is now open and FREE
- Last Word From Bart
- Your thoughts
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Nicholas Clayton, freelance journalist currently in Crimea, Ukraine Ukraine’s Longtime Divisions & NATO’s Eastern Expansion to Russian Border Lay Ground for Crimea Vote
- Anjali Kamat, correspondent for Al Jazeera Fault Lines & Sam Black, producer at Al Jazeera who produced the new Fault Lines film, "America’s War Workers" War Workers: Vulnerable Foreign Laborers Swindled & Exploited to Toil on U.S. Bases in Afghanistan See the new investigation by Al Jazeera’s Fault Lines America’s War Workers
- Laura Embree-Lowry, program director of CISPES, the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador Leftist Ex-Rebel Holds Narrow Lead in El Salvador After Entering Race as Heavy Favorite
- Naoto Kan, prime minister of Japan when the Fukushima Daiichi meltdown occurred Ex-Japanese PM on How Fukushima Meltdown was Worse Than Chernobyl & Why He Now Opposes Nuclear Power
- Noam Chomsky Chomsky: From Hiroshima to Fukushima, Vietnam to Fallujah, State Power Ignores Its Massive Harm
- Ralph Nader "A Culture of Timidity": Ralph Nader on How Regulators Ignored a GM Safety Defect Tied to 13 Deaths
- more Ralph Nader Nader on Senate’s Climate Stance, "Insanity" of U.S. Nukes, & Why Obama’s Min. Wage Hike Falls Short
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst who later helped create Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity "Giving Hypocrisy a Bad Name": NSA-Backing Senate Intel Chair Blasts CIA for Spying on Torture Probe
- Steve Barr, CEO and founder of Future Is Now & Brian Jones, member of the Movement of Rank and File Educators, the social justice caucus of the United Federation of Teachers New York City’s Charter School Showdown Reignites National Debate on Privatized Education
- Maru Mora Villalpando, activist and undocumented immigrant with the group Latino Advocacy "Obama Is Trying to Vanish Us": Immigrants Fight Record Deportations with Protests, Hunger Strikes
- Max Geller, student at Northeastern University School of Law and member of Students for Justice in Palestine & Ali Abunimah, co-founder of The Electronic Intifada A War on Campus? Northeastern University Suspends Students for Justice in Palestine Chapter
- Taylor McKinnon, energy director of the Grand Canyon Trust "Utah’s Carbon Bomb": State Plots Massive Tar Sands & Oil Shale Projects Despite Climate Concerns
- Klee Benally, Diné (Navajo) activist & Taylor McKinnon, energy director of the Grand Canyon Trust "A Slow Genocide of the People": Uranium Mining Leaves Toxic Nuclear Legacy on Indigenous Land
- Alex Soto, member of the Tohono O’odham Nation & Klee Benally, Diné (Navajo) activist Caught in the Crossfire: U.S.-Mexico Border Militarization Threatens Way of Life for Native Tribe
- R.I.P. Tony Benn Remembering British MP Tony Benn, a Lifelong Critic of War and Capitalism Today we remember Tony Benn. The former British Cabinet minister, longtime member of Parliament, antiwar activist has died at the age of 88, the longest-serving member of Parliament in the history of Britain’s Labour Party, serving more than half a century. ......
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Miquela Craytor: Economic Transformation Through Worker Co-ops Earlier this week, we heard from Councilmember Maria del Carmen Arroyo and NYC Network of Worker Cooperatives Founder Chris Michael who came on the show to discuss the potential of worker-owned co-operatives to ease poverty and unemployment. What is standing in the way of this much-needed economic transition and transformation? ......... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© 15 DAYS UNTIL MLB OPENING DAY! »»» NASCAR on FOX Sprint Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway 1 pm et »»» NBA on ABC Sunday!! Rockets @ Heat 3:30 pm et »»» NBA on ESPN Monday Doubleheader! Thunder @ Bulls 8 pm et then Clippers @ Nuggets 10:30 pm et »»» NBA on ESPN Wednesday Doubleheader! Pacers @ Knicks 8 pm et then Spurs @ Lakers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: Restore Net Neutrality An appeals court just dealt the latest blow to the open Internet. The court struck down the Federal Communications Commission’s Open Internet Order because of the questionable legal framework the agency used when it adopted its Net Neutrality rules in 2010. This ruling means there is no one who can protect us from ISPs that block or discriminate against websites, applications or services. But there’s hope: FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler can correct the agency’s past mistakes and truly protect our nation’s communications infrastructure. The agency must take the necessary steps to make broadband networks open, accessible, reliable and affordable for everyone. Tell the FCC to start treating broadband like a communications service, and to restore its Net Neutrality rules.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning Awarded Sam Adams Integrity Prize for 2014 January 22, 2014. By the Sam Adams Associates for Integrity in Intelligence (SAAII). Chelsea Manning has been awarded this years's Integrity in Intelligence award for "casting much-needed daylight on the true toll and cause of civilian casualties in Iraq; human rights abuses by U.S. and “coalition” forces, mercenaries, and contractors; and the roles that spying and bribery play in international diplomacy." ..... AND Update 3/11/14: John Kiriakou: The Espionage Act should be rewritten to consider intent and actual harm done Currently serving a 30 month sentence for releasing classified information that exposed torture at Guantanamo prison, John Kiriakou argues that the government is selectively and inappropriately prosecuting whistleblowers and refusing to prosecute other government releases of classified information.. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
• Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.
• Bill Gates
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), the head of the House Intelligence Committee
• Tom Donilon, the president's former national security advisor
• Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ROUNDTABLE: Capt. Sully Sullenberger, Former Chairman of the NTSB Mark Rosenker, and CBS correspondent Bob Orr
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• Coming Up Sunday, March 16 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• "Jon Stewart of Egypt" risks jail or worse for satire
• The future of drones: Technology vs. privacy
• Inside Tabasco's hot sauce empire
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
Jeff Flake, R-Ariz.
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ROUNDTABLE: John Negroponte, the former Director of National Intelligence, Colleen Keller helped find Air France Flight 447, Steven Wallace investigated crashes for the FAA for eight years, and Richard Aboulafia is an expert on the 777
• Spokesman for the Navy’s 7th Fleet Commander William Marks aboard the USS Blue Ridge in the Indian Ocean.
• Republican Arizona Senator John McCain
• Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus
• Politics ROUNDTABLE: Charles Blow, Ana Navarro and Ron Brownstein.
• Exclusively at 12pm: The British, German, and French Ambassadors to the United States
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• TITANIC TUESDAY! Get some laughs on all the MO-RANS! Listen here: NOW HERE - Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 13, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Battle lines drawn in contentious U.S. Senate hearing on Keystone XL; Hottest winter on record for California; China is declaring war --- on pollution; Drilling boom creating huge drilling waste problem; PLUS: Secretary of Energy Moniz cites a boom in solar and wind ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Texas: 'cheapest solar power deal ever seen'; Utility death spiral accelerates in Germany; US risks national blackout even in small-scale attack; NJ moves to shut down Tesla; Officials shut down fracking wells due to quakes; 18 Ohio coal plants operating without permits; Is this plant the future of 'clean coal'?; Asian carp eggs found as far north as Wisconsin; State Dept vastly overestimated oil-by-rail in Keystone XL report ... PLUS: Climate science predicted California drought ten years ago ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - March 11, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Up all night for climate in the U.S. Senate; Alaska's iconic Iditarod race struggles without snow; California breaks solar power records; PLUS: 3rd anniversary of the meltdown at Fukushima, and the legacy of nuclear disaster ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! CIA/U.S. Senate Torture Cover-Up & Spying Scandal: KPFK 'BradCast' NatSec expert Marcy Wheeler joins Brad to discuss Sen. Dianne Feinstein's remarkable new disclosures and what is now being called a bona fide 'Constitutional Crisis'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Scott Walker REALLY Wants Polling Place Photo ID Restrictions in WI This Year Even though it's been found unconstitutional (twice) in his state, he's prepared to call a special legislative session to try again...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! RIP: 'BartCop' Terry 'BartCop' Coppage, a beloved pioneering blogger who influenced many and who started before the days when the world 'blog' even existed, has passed away...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Citizens United' Blamed for 'Republican Silence' on Climate Change Action Sen. Whitehouse links GOP flip-flop on global warming to SCOTUS case that unleashed Koch Bros. 'dark money' in elections...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 12 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: It’s the Constitutional Crisis We Sorely Need Feinstein vs. CIA provokes much-needed crisis over who controls our spies–it’s time for Obama to show real leadership….
• PBC News & Comment 13 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: Obama Tries to Duck the CIA-Senate Fight, as White House Withholds Torture Docs from Senate Obama tries to duck the CIA-Senate battle over torture documents, as McClatchy reports White House withheld 9,400 docs from Senate…..
• PBC News & Comment 14 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: After Crimea Votes to Join Russia, What Will US and Allies Do? To the strains of “Mother Russia” by Sisters of Mercy, your humble host suggests there’s no point to threatening Russia….
• PBC Standard Podcast March 10, 2014 Code Pink Co-founder Medea Benjamin Describes Her Brutal Treatment and Deportation from Cairo Airport
• PBC Standard Podcast March 13, 2014 Alabama Report: Andrew Kreig Updates the Roger Shuler Case, and the Fight to Restore the Voting Rights Act
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! March 14, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Congressman Gregory Meeks will explain the House of Representative’s resolution on the Ukraine crisis.
• Author David Bromwich will tell us why many of President Obama’s campaign promises have fallen flat over the years.
• And David Saldana, director of the new film Keystone PipeLIES Exposed, will tell us about the dirty tricks used to sell the Keystone XL Pipeline to the American public.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! March 15, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Attorney Seth Katz will explain the problem with corporate fines, specifically, why they do absolutely nothing to curtail criminal behavior.
»» Howard Nations will tell us what an economic disaster NAFTA has been for America, and we’ll discuss dangers of the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership.
»» Joe Cotchett will tell us about the rising tide of populism among Democrats in Washington.
»» And David Haynes will explain the political scandals surrounding the most promising GOP heavyweights.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 15, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 8, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Paul Ryan’s “Free Lunch” Lies (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss the recent CPAC convention, and the completely made up “free lunch” story that Paul Ryan told in an attempt to shame children who receive free lunch in public schools.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Finally Feinstein Is Afraid of Spooks (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the recent revelations that the CIA spied on Senate computers.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/10/14 Alfie Kohn: Feel-Bad Education Education activist and the author of Feel-Bad Education And Other Contrarian Essays on Children and Schooling Alfie Kohn explains why poverty is the root problem in modern education, where standardized testing fails, why driving up test scores do not reflect education but do reflect affluence, why those pushing corporate education "reform" do not understanding what the experience of education really is and more .......
• TUESDAY 3/11/14 Irin Carmon: California’s Quiet Reproductive Rights Revolution
• WEDNESDAY 3/12/14 Alex Marshall: The Surprising Design of Market Economies
• THURSDAY 3/13/14 Mark Mazzetti: CIA Spying on the Senate?
• FRIDAY 3/14/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Andy Kindler
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Warren’s Post Office Proposal: Palast Aims at the Wrong Target by Ellen Brown - Investigative reporter Greg Palast is usually pretty good at peering behind the rhetoric and seeing what is really going on. But in tearing into Senator Elizabeth Warren’s support of postal financial services, he has done a serious disservice to the underdogs – both the underbanked and the US Postal Service itself. In his February 27 article “Liz Warren Goes Postal,” Palast attacked her support of the USPS Inspector General’s proposal to add “non-bank” financial services to the US Postal Service, calling it “cruel, stupid and frightening” and equating it with the unethical payday lending practices it seeks to eliminate. Read more HERE .......
• Is the Deep State Fracturing into Disunity? by Charles Hugh Smith - I recently discussed the Deep State and “throwing Wall Street under the bus” with my friend and colleague Jim Kunstler. More HERE .....
• BP: Eco-holocaust pays dividends by maxkeiser - As BP Refuses To Pay Remaining Gulf Oil Claims, US Restores Its Federal Contract & Lease Privileges http://t.co/6d0RzpsNyW — Greg Palast (@Greg_Palast) March 14, 2014 AND 4 Years after Deepwater Horizon spill, U.S. agrees to let BP oil rigs back into the Gulf http://t.co/rlVngzjxK9 pic.twitter.com/eH6eimAuqw — ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress) March 14, 2014
• VIDEO! Russia vetoes UN resolution on #Crimea referendum by maxkeiser
• “Another warning shot was fired before an all-out assault on the dollar system begins.” by maxkeiser - READ Kremlin: If The US Tries To Hurt Russia’s Economy, Russia Will Target The Dollar. (testosteronepit.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR573] Keiser Report: Psychodeloflation We discuss the psychodeloflation caused by an LSD laced monetary system trying to distort our perception of what the economy and markets really are. In the second half, Max interviews Peter Bach, director of the new film, SELL OFF: The Abolition of Your NHS, a documentary about the privatization of the public health system in the UK. Max wonders if financial mercentaries may introduce Syrian style metal bar to the head as anesthesia in this new privatized system.
• KEISER REPORT [KR574] Keiser Report: Ghostbusters of Financial Fraud We discuss bashing the markets with metal pipes in order to save the markets. As a result – Libor fraud, gold fix fraud, ISDA fix fraud and now forex market fraud – each fraud is a whack, bam, bash to the market; trying to defraud the market to save the market. In the second half, Max interviews Kyle Torpey about MtGox, Dorian ‘Satoshi; Nakamoto and sovereign cryptocoins.
• KEISER REPORT [KR575] Keiser Report: Spider’s Web of Debt We discuss financial ear wax and collateral the size of a spider’s egg. In the second half, Max interviews Chris Whalen, an investment banker and the author of a new book, “Financial Stability: Fraud, Confidence & The Wealth of Nations,” about a financial system replete with fraud and how what is happening in Detroit relates to fraudulent derivatives.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1306] The Truth About Markets – 22 February 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/10/14 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of IRMEP, discusses the successful National Summit to Reassess the U.S. – Israel “Special Relationship” in Washington last weekend.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/11/14 Dahr Jamail: Dahr Jamail, a Truthout staff reporter, discusses the Fallujah civilians being killed by Iraq’s government; the events leading up to the 2004 killing of four Blackwater mercenaries and the subsequent US assault on Fallujah; the continuing consequences of Bush’s disastrous Iraq war; and why Nuri al-Maliki is basically a Shiite Saddam Hussein.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/12/14 Jason Leopold: Journalist Jason Leopold discusses the government’s Orwellian war on words wherein Guantanamo hunger strikers are said to be on “long term non-religious fasts;” the media blackout on Guantanamo; and the painful process of force feeding.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/13/14 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, an award-winning journalist with The Independent, discusses the treacherous road between Damascus and Tartous in Syria; why nobody really knows the composition of Syria’s many rebel groups, or how great their numbers; the Gulf monarchies backing radical Sunni groups throughout the region; and why the Syria-Iraq border no longer matters as suicide bombers roam freely on both sides.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep Michael McCaul (R-TX), Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee
• Peter Goelz, former Managing Director of the National Transportation Safety Board
• Senate Foreign relations committee, Chairman Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
• Ranking Member, Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml