Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Global March Madness It's hard to focus on what's happening on the world stage when U.S. Media (aka the corporopress) hooks up everybody on a college basketball tournament (Olympics before that in Russia! - oops) where everybody makes money except The Players and The Cheerleaders and The Band (read Dave Zirin The NCAA: Poster Boy for Corruption and Exploitation) but we press on. We hope you do too.
Over at Informed Comment Juan Cole finds 5 Signs Solar Power Is Taking Over the World Burning fossil fuels (coal, natural gas and oil) is putting 32 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide annually into the atmosphere. Since CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps heat from the sun on earth and prevents it radiating back out to space, this unprecedented human output is causing climate disruption, a process that will accelerate over the next few decades and will prove extremely costly to human society (if the latter can even survive). The only energy source that has a hope of fixing this problem and of resolving the coming energy crisis is solar. The cost of solar panels is falling rapidly, raising the hope that we can put in enough panels quickly enough to avoid the very worst scenario of carbon-induced climate disruption. (I put in 16 Enphase microinverter panels at my place this winter and they generated 120 kilowatt hours in the past week; my house and electric car averaged 150 kilowatt hours usage per week last month; and that is in Michigan at the tail end of winter). Here are some promising signs with regard to solar power that have recently been in the news.......... Good item!
Project Censored's Student Researcher Nikolle Palazzolo (Florida Atlantic University) reports US Government to Deregulate Meat Industry Government is increasingly moving to prevent federal meat inspectors from exercising their authority at slaughter plants and instead allowing private industry to regulate itself. In 1998, the USDA rolled out its trial “Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points” (HACCP) program. Noting its deregulatory spirit, meat inspectors and industry watchdogs quickly dubbed it, “Have a Cup of Coffee and Pray.” HACCP intended to replace meat inspectors’ old-fashioned “poke and sniff” method of visually examining carcasses with advanced microbiology techniques. But it is also an “honors system,” where federal inspectors simply ratify companies’ self-regulation. In October 2013 a coalition of food and worker safety advocates gathered to protest USDA’s plan to implement HACCP across the US after its long-term use at pilot locations. “Instead of trained USDA inspectors, companies will police themselves,” says activist group sumofus.org. “Chickens will spend more time soaking in contaminants and poultry plants are compensating by washing them in chlorine.” The expansion, HIMP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point-Based Inspection Models Project), will reduce the number of poultry inspectors while increasing use of antimicrobial sprays to control bacteria. Inspectors would be reassigned to ends of assembly line so they could not intercept unacceptable birds, only view them as they go by. It would also allow only one side of the bird to be examined. Birds once considered unacceptable can now end up remaining on the line, only to be dipped in disinfectants like chlorine to reduce disease risk, say food advocates. In addition, under the new HACCP/HIMP rules, bruises, scabs, sores, blisters, infections and tumors on chickens will no longer be deemed “Other Consumer Protections” (OCPs) and removed. When half a carcass is “covered with an inflammatory process” it can be “salvaged” for food, an anonymous poultry inspector observes. (Source: Martha Rosenberg, “Get Ready for Extra Helpings of Feces, Pus and Chlorine on Your Plate: America is Deregulating Its Meat Industry,” Alternet.org, October 4, 2013, Get Ready for Extra Helpings of Feces, Pus and Chlorine on Your Plate — America is Deregulating Its Meat Industry.) Go there for more grossness! Salad anyone? Or how about some CORN? Brandon Keim at Wired.com reports Voracious Worm Evolves to Eat Biotech Corn Engineered to Kill It After years of predicting it would happen — and after years of having their suggestions largely ignored by companies, farmers and regulators — scientists have documented the rapid evolution of corn rootworms that are resistant to Bt corn. Until Bt corn was genetically altered to be poisonous to the pests, rootworms used to cause billions of dollars in damage to U.S. crops. Named for the pesticidal toxin-producing Bacillus thuringiensis gene it contains, Bt corn now accounts for three-quarters of the U.S. corn crop. The vulnerability of this corn could be disastrous for farmers and the environment. “Unless management practices change, it’s only going to get worse,” said Aaron Gassmann, an Iowa State University entomologist and co-author of a March 17 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences study describing rootworm resistance. “There needs to be a fundamental change in how the technology is used.” .......... Fast forward to 2009, when Gassmann responded to reports of extensive rootworm damage in Bt cornfields in northeast Iowa. Populations there had become resistant to one of the three Bt corn varieties. (Each variety produces a different type of Bt toxin.) He described that resistance in a 2011 study; around the same time, reports of rootworm-damaged Bt corn came in from parts of Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska and South Dakota. These didn’t represent a single outbreak, but rather the emergence, again and again, of resistance. n the new paper, Gassmann describes further incidents of Bt resistance in other parts of Iowa. He also found rootworms resistant to a second variety of Bt corn. Moreover, being resistant to one variety heightened the chances of resistance to another. That means corn engineered to produce multiple Bt toxins — so-called stacked varieties — won’t do much to slow the evolution of rootworm resistance, as was originally hoped. Farmers likely won’t stop using Bt corn, as it’s still effective against other pests — but as rootworms become more resistant, said Gassmann, farmers will turn to insecticides, thus increasing their costs and losing the ecological benefits originally gained by using Bt corn. As entomologists concerned by rootworm resistance wrote to the EPA in 2012, “When insecticides overlay transgenic technology, the economic and environmental advantages of rootworm-protected corn quickly disappear.” ........... There’s a lesson to be learned for future crop traits, Shields said. Rootworm resistance was expected from the outset, but the Bt seed industry, seeking to maximize short-term profits, ignored outside scientists. The next pest-fighting trait “will fall under the same pressure,” said Shields, “and the insect will win. Always bet on the insect if there is not a smart deployment of the trait.” Well you can always move to France to enjoy your corn! France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season (Reuters) - France's agriculture ministry on Saturday banned the sale, use and cultivation of Monsanto's MON 810 genetically modified maize, the only variety currently authorised in the European Union. The French government, which maintains that GM crops present environmental risks, has been trying to institute a new ban on GM maize (corn) after its highest court has twice previously struck down similar measures. The decision is timed to avert any sowing of GM maize by farmers before a draft law is debated on April 10 aimed at banning planting of GMOs (genetically modified organisms). "The sale, use and cultivation of varieties of maize seed from the line of genetically modified maize MON 810 (...) is banned in the country until the adoption, on the one hand, of a final decision, and secondly, of (EU) community action, " said a decree published on Saturday. Annual sowing of maize in France gets under way in the second half of March. The current Socialist government, like its conservative predecessor, has opposed the growing of GMO crops in light of public suspicion and widespread protests from environmentalists. Longstanding differences between EU countries resurfaced in February when they failed to agree on whether or not to approve another GM maize variety, Pioneer 1507, developed by DuPont and Dow Chemical, leaving the way open to the EU Commission to clear it for cultivation. France is trying to win support to overhaul the EU rules. Or you can grow yer own corn! Try some of these varieties at Gardens Alive Corn Seed Page! Make sure you run at least two or three rows since corn self-pollinates via wind. The Brick TeeVee Crew is going to start our corn plants indoors this year to help get them established better since last year's seeds did not get adequate and regular watering. Good luck!
If you're a regular watcher of The TeeVee you may want to read this pdf U.S. Patent 6506148-B2 from January 14, 2003 (h/t BTV correspondents) which describes "a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people. The implementations of the invention are adapted to the source of video stream that drives the monitor, be it a computer program, a TV broadcast, a video tape or a digital video disc (DVD)." Hmmmmmmmmmm.
For those of you wondering about the missing Boeing 777-200 go to Tyler Durdan at ZeroHedge.com for Did Missing Flight MH370 Land In The Maldives Or Diego Garcia: The Full Updated Summary including nearly every "conspiracy theory" with "other theories of course, some of which involve none other than such aviation experts as US politicians" like featured "expert" Rep. Mike Rogers on the Sunday Talkies and including an Occam's Razor explanation by aviation blogger Chris Goodfellow MH370 - A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway" Actually he was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000ft (4,000m) strip with an approach over water at night with no obstacles. He did not turn back to Kuala Lumpur because he knew he had 8,000ft ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier towards Langkawi and also a shorter distance." In this theory it would be assumed that the airliner did not make it to Langkawi and crashed into the sea. But Goodfellow's theory has been disputed......" And we'll add an ET abducted the entire plane whole. If yer a skeptic then visit The Disclosure Project and watch the Disclosure Project video archive of military and government witness testimony plus Catherine Austin Fitts UFO's for 21st Century Minds with Richard Dolan and this Full Documentary - UFOs and the Military Industrial Complex. If you HAVE NO CLUE or never heard of Diego Garcia or why it's significant now see this DN! clip from 2009 Forcibly Exiled Nearly 40 Years Ago, Diego Garcia Natives Fight to Return to Island Home Now Used as Key US Military Outpost and John Pilger's excellent investigative documentary Stealing A Nation "an extraordinary film about the plight of the Chagos Islands, whose indigenous population was secretly and brutally expelled by British Governments in the late 1960s and early 1970s to make way for an American military base" he explains in his post at AntiWar.com Diego Garcia: Paradise Cleansed. For more info see Diego Garcia "Camp Justice" 7º20'S 72º25'E and The Worldwide Network of US Military Bases. Reporting for the LA Times Ricardo Lopez tells us the Justice Department's watchdog faults mortgage fraud prosecutions The U.S. Justice Department used faulty statistics to overstate its mortgage-fraud prosecution efforts and ranked mortgage-fraud last in its list of priorities despite public pledges to combat these types of crimes, an internal watchdog said Thursday. The 52-page report by the Justice Department's inspector general found that for the fiscal years of 2009 through 2011, the federal law enforcement agency's effort to prosecute mortgage fraud fell short even after receiving nearly $200 million in federal funding. Thursday's report undercuts contentions by the federal government made four years ago that it would aggressively investigate cases of mortgage fraud, which proliferated following the housing bubble and eventual crash. .............. Ellen Canale, a Justice Department spokeswoman, disputed parts of the report and pointed out that mortgage fraud convictions rose every year during the period the report examined. From 2009 to 2010, the number of convictions nearly doubled from 555 to 1,087, she said. “The facts regarding the Department’s work on mortgage fraud tell a much different story than this report," Canale said in a statement. "In the time period in question, the number of mortgage fraud indictments nearly doubled, and the number of convictions rose by more than 100 percent. As the report itself notes, even at a time of constrained budget resources, the department has dedicated significant manpower and funding to combatting mortgage fraud.” But for all the tough talk, the department's internal watchdog found that in the FBI Criminal Investigation Division, mortgage fraud was barely a blip on the agency's radar. In field offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Baltimore -- cities that saw large amounts of the morgage fraud -- the crime was listed as a low priority or not at all, the report said. "Despite receiving significant additional funding from Congress to pursue mortgage fraud cases, the FBI in adding new staff did not always use these new positions to exclusively investigate mortgage fraud," the report concluded. "Moreover, when we attempted to assess the effectiveness of the Department’s efforts in pursuing mortgage fraud cases, we found that DOJ could not provide readily verifiable data related to its criminal and civil enforcement efforts." For more we go to DDay David Dayen, a lapsed blogger, now a freelance writer based in Los Angeles with this Guest Post at NakedCapitalism.com Why the Justice Department Inspector General Report on Mortgage Fraud Matters ....... But because I don’t feel the coverage so far has plumbed the depths of this corruption, and because it’s still happening, it’s not worth going silent just yet. It’s probably spitting into the wind, yes, but I’ve got the time and the spit, so I want to note a few things. 1. “Mortgage fraud” is a limiting term: There’s a yawning gap between “mortgage fraud,” in the context of how the IG presents it in this report, and the full breadth of fraud and deception at the heart of the crisis. Mortgage fraud, per the definition used by the FBI and the IG, is very specifically mortgage origination fraud, the misrepresentation used to get people into loans. That includes misrepresentation by borrowers, such as lying on a loan application, but also the actions of lenders falsely documenting income or wildly inflating appraisals. In later years, mortgage fraud came to include “foreclosure rescue” schemes, where illicit actors claim to be able to get loan modifications for borrowers for a fee, and then abscond with the money and do nothing for the borrowers. ........ When the DoJ, FBI, or this IG report talks about mortgage fraud, they’re not talking about:
- Securitization fraud, the knowing packaging of worthless loans into bonds to unsuspecting investors;
- Securitization fail, the improper conveyance of mortgages into trusts, breaking the chain of title on the loans;
- False Claims Act fraud, where servicers collect on FHA insurance or other government benefits with faulty loans;
- Tax fraud, through setting up REMICs and then not following the guidelines with mortgages and notes, yet still benefiting from the tax status;
- Servicer-driven fraud, like the mass misplacement of loan modification documents in order to push people into default, the bonuses given for foreclosures, dual tracking, improper fee pyramiding, imposition of fees not included in the mortgage documents, lost payments, people getting foreclosed on because they underpaid by ten cents, etc.;
- Forced-place insurance fraud, the kickback scheme to saddle borrowers with lapsed insurance with junk policies that cost several orders of magnitude more;
- Foreclosure fraud, the mass production of false documents to prove ownership over loans with a questionable paper trail;
- Robo-signing, the notarization of thousands of court statements a day by line workers who know nothing about the underlying loan information;
- Breaking and entering by “property preservation” specialists who illegally break into occupied homes and occasionally ransack them in the name of “keeping watch” over properties thought to be abandoned.
- "Anyone who knows Russian history ... could have guessed that President Putin would move into Ukraine once we had formed a group there led by the NED (National Endowment for Democracy) and its affiliates that effectively pulled off a coup. Put ourselves in Putin's shoes, what is Putin to think when all of a sudden a country that's been talking about integrating Ukraine and Georgia into NATO and the EU effects the removal of his oligarchic ruler in Ukraine? If I were Putin I would have done exactly what he did and anyone who says otherwise is lying." - COL. Lawrence Wilkerson
- By early evening, the Russians were in negotiations to force the approximately 150 Ukrainian soldiers to leave the base, one of Ukraine’s biggest in Crimea. The Russians had issued an ultimatum earlier in the day demanding the Ukrainians leave. The news came amid high tensions in Crimea after a referendum last weekend in which residents, under the watch of Russian soldiers who had already moved into the region, voted to secede from Ukraine. A spokesman for the Ukrainian military in Crimea said Russian troops earlier Saturday had taken a base at Novofyodorovka, near the city of Saki. .....
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Oliver Bullough, former Reuters Moscow correspondent, currently the Caucasus editor for the Institute for War and Peace Reporting, Dmitri Trenin, director of the Carnegie Moscow Center & Nicholas Clayton, freelance journalist who recently reported from Crimea After Crimea Votes to Secede, How Will U.S. & Russia Handle Gravest Crisis Since Cold War?
- Patrick Cockburn, Middle East correspondent for The Independent Endless War? As Syria Conflict Enters 4th Year, Deadly Stalemate Favors Assad Regime
- Ryan Gallagher, reporter for The Intercept Snowden Docs Expose How the NSA "Infects" Millions of Computers, Impersonates Facebook Server
- Sarah Shourd, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal A Sliver of Light: Freed U.S. Hikers on Captivity in Iran & Activism Against Solitary Confinement
- Paul Washington, past president of he Vulcan Society of Black & Richard Levy, lead attorney representing black firefighters in a lawsuit against the City of New York Black, Latino Firefighters in New York City Settle Long-Running Suit over Racial Discrimination
- Lt. Steve Simmons, U.S. Navy sailor who served on board the USS Ronald Reagan & Charles Bonner, attorney representing sailors from the USS Ronald Reagan in their lawsuit against TEPCO Fukushima Fallout: Ailing U.S. Sailors Sue TEPCO After Exposure to Radiation 30x Higher Than Normal
- Jack Matlock, served as U.S. ambassador to Moscow from 1987 to 1991 Former U.S. Ambassador: Behind Crimea Crisis, Russia Responding to Years of "Hostile" U.S. Policy
- Juan Gonzalez, New York Daily News columnist and Democracy Now! co-host DREAM Act Narrowly Fails in NY Senate After Gov. Andrew Cuomo Failed to Push Passage
- Reverend Dr. Raphael Warnock, senior pastor of the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta Georgia Activists Confront GOP Rejection of Medicaid as Moral Mondays Spread Across South
- Susan Greene, editor of The Colorado Independent "Team Pentobarbital": OK Officials Joked About Seeking Football Tix for Help with Execution Drugs
- Ashkan Soltani, independent privacy and security researcher As Surveillance Costs Fall, Could the NSA Gain Ability to Record & Replay Every Call, Everywhere?
- Scott Olsen, former marine who served two tours in the Iraq War Scott Olsen, U.S. Vet Nearly Killed by Police Beanbag at Occupy Oakland, Settles Lawsuit with City
- Linda Tirelli, attorney representing clients being foreclosed on by Wells Fargo & Kevin Whelan, campaign director of the Home Defenders League As Wells Fargo is Accused of Fabricating Foreclosure Papers, Will Banks Keep Escaping Prosecution?
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Melissa Gira Grant: The Work of Sex Work "We put such a double standard on sex workers to prove that they made an empowered choice, in a way that we don't do about other service work that can also be quite exploitative." ......... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© 8 DAYS UNTIL MLB OPENING DAY! »»» NASCAR on FOX Sprint Cup Series at California at the Auto Club Speedway 3 pm et »»» NCAA March Madness! Coverage on CBS, TNT, tru & TBS! Check your local listings! »»» NBA on TNT Tuesday Doubleheader! Thunder @ Mavs 8 pm et then Knicks @ Lakers 10:30 pm et »»» NBA on ESPN Wednesday Doubleheader! Heat @ Pacers 8 pm et then Grizzlies @ Jazz 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: Restore Net Neutrality An appeals court just dealt the latest blow to the open Internet. The court struck down the Federal Communications Commission’s Open Internet Order because of the questionable legal framework the agency used when it adopted its Net Neutrality rules in 2010. This ruling means there is no one who can protect us from ISPs that block or discriminate against websites, applications or services. But there’s hope: FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler can correct the agency’s past mistakes and truly protect our nation’s communications infrastructure. The agency must take the necessary steps to make broadband networks open, accessible, reliable and affordable for everyone. Tell the FCC to start treating broadband like a communications service, and to restore its Net Neutrality rules.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... AND Update 3/11/14: John Kiriakou: The Espionage Act should be rewritten to consider intent and actual harm done Currently serving a 30 month sentence for releasing classified information that exposed torture at Guantanamo prison, John Kiriakou argues that the government is selectively and inappropriately prosecuting whistleblowers and refusing to prosecute other government releases of classified information.. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• latest on the battle over Ukraine
• search for missing Malaysian Air Flight 370
• FiveThirtyEight.com editor-in-chief and ABC News special contributor Nate Silver
• “Sunday Spotlight”: With World Water Day this Saturday, actor and Water.org co-founder Matt Damon discusses his efforts to bring clean water to developing nations
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., ABC News’ Cokie Roberts, and Foreign Policy Initiative co-founder Dan Senor.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney
• Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ROUNDTABLE: former U.S. Airways Capt. Sully Sullenbrger and David Gallo, of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
• Politics ROUNDTABLE: CBS News foreign correspondent Clarissa Ward, Leigh Gallagher of Fortune, and David Sanger of The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• Coming Up Sunday, March 23 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• FBI reveals details on Boston bombing manhunt and video
• Daring "Pink Panther" heists rake in $500M
• New Yorker cartoons: Even Remnick doesn't get them all
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Rep. Mike Rogers, Republican from Michigan and chairman of the Intelligence Committee
• NCAA ROUNDTABLE: Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, NCAA President Mark Emmert and former personal assistant to President Obama and Duke football and basketball player Reggie Love
• Former homeland security chairman Michael Chertoff
• President Jimmy Carter
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell, New York Times columnist David Brooks, National Review Editor Rich Lowry and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Patrick Meehan and Rep. Adam Schiff; underwater search and rescue expert Curt Newport; Reverend Earl Johnson, former National Disaster Spiritual Care Manager for the Red Cross
• White House Deputy National Security Adviser, Tony Blinken
• Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright
• Politics ROUNDTABLE: Newt Gingrich, USA Today’s Susan Page and Neera Tanden
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• TITANIC TUESDAY! Get some laughs on all the MO-RANS! Listen here: NOW HERE - Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 20, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Greenland is melting, and sea levels are rising; It's official - Winter 2014 was the 8th warmest on record; CO2 emissions breach 400ppm - again; ExxonMobil admits climate change will hurt business; PLUS: Rising ocean acidification already killing the shellfish industry ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Koch Brothers are the largest land holders in Canada’s tar sands; Energy industry chronically overestimates cost of pollution regulations; How NASA thinks society will collapse; World's oldest CO2 measurement threatened by budget cuts; White House launches climate science website; Pet coke company fined for "inexcusable conduct"; House to vote on 'No More National Parks'; Will Ferrel insults Robert Redford to save a river ... PLUS: Climate Scientists: We’re Alarmed. Here’s Why You Should Be, Too. ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - March 18, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Secret federal memo warns entire nationwide electric grid could be knocked out; More new evidence NC collaborated with Duke Energy to derail lawsuits; BP is back in the Gulf, baby!; PLUS: Surprise! Paris discovers stopping traffic really does stop pollution ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! CIA/U.S. Senate Torture Cover-Up & Spying Scandal: KPFK 'BradCast' NatSec expert Marcy Wheeler joins Brad to discuss Sen. Dianne Feinstein's remarkable new disclosures and what is now being called a bona fide 'Constitutional Crisis'...
• BRADCAST SPECIAL with ConsortiumNews.com's Robert Parry! U.S. Media's 'Lost' Ukraine Narrative Investigative reporter Robert Parry joins Brad to discuss what the U.S. media is failing to tell you about the crisis in
Iraq SyriaUkraine; PLUS MUCH MORE...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Citizens United' Blamed for 'Republican Silence' on Climate Change Action Sen. Whitehouse links GOP flip-flop on global warming to SCOTUS case that unleashed Koch Bros. 'dark money' in elections...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Happy Hacking!: E-Voting Systems Found on eBay EXCLUSIVE: ES&S' vulnerable, 100% unverifiable iVotronic touch-screen e-voting systems find their way to sale to the general public...And just in time for the 2014 mid-terms!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! WI Repub Accuses Own Party of 'Suppressing the Vote' State Sen. Dale Schultz calls Republicans' attempted polling place Photo ID restriction law 'just plain wrong', an 'embarrassing' insult to veterans, other voters...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 18 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: Jason Leopold Confirms Some Aspects of Senate Torture Report Investigative reporter Jason Leopold reveals some details from contested Senate torture report: lawbreaking and coverup deal are key elements….
• PBC News & Comment 20 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: In Military Sex Crime Cases, Offenders Get Off Easy Military sex trials at Ft. Bragg and Annapolis produce wrist slap and acquittal; our military justice system is badly broken….
• PBC News & Comment 21 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: Disclosures of NSA’s “Mystic” Program Raise BIG Questions Which lucky country has 100% of phone calls recorded by NSA? We explore the possibilities with NSA whistleblower Russ Tice….
• PBC Standard Podcast March 19, 2014 Investigative Reporter Russ Baker Exposes Contradictions in Boston Marathon Bombing Narratives
• PBC Standard Podcast March 21, 2014 NSA Whistleblower Russ Tice Analyzes Report That NSA Captures 100% of Phone Calls in Unnamed Country
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! March 21, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Zachary Roth from MSNBC Digital will tell us about the restrictive voting laws popping up across the country.
• Taylor Lincoln from Public Citizen will tell us why a financial transaction tax on Wall Street could help save our economy and protect investors.
• George Zornick from The Nation will explain the CIA spying scandal that has put our Constitution in peril.
• And Salon.com’s David Dayen will explain how a post office bank could solve a lot of the financial burdens that plague American citizens.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! March 22, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Justin Berger will tell us how America is becoming just like the third world countries that we used to exploit.
»» Howard Nations will discuss the problems of wealth concentration, and how the 1% are using that wealth to manipulate the masses.
»» Attorney Dave TeSelle will explain why only certain sects of the American public are allowed basic human rights.
»» And Ring of Fire Radio co-host Sam Seder will join us for a rundown of the biggest news stories of the past week that the corporate-controlled media completely ignored.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 15, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 22, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: RT Anchor’s Publicity Stunt Resignation Exposed (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss former RT anchor Liz Wahl’s resignation earlier this month, and how it was staged by neoconservatives from the very beginning.
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Dying Breed of Republicans Still Demonizing the Poor (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss how the Republican party is continuing its ever-distressing campaign of poor-shaming.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/17/14 Sarah Leonard: No Sleep Till World Domination
• TUESDAY 3/18/14 Matt Stoller: The Lost History of Free Trade
• WEDNESDAY 3/19/14 Mike Konczal: The Voluntarism Fantasy
• THURSDAY 3/20/14 Teaser Tuesday For Freebies
• FRIDAY 3/21/14 Casual Friday: Guy Lawson & Michael Ian Black
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Warren’s Post Office Proposal: Palast Aims at the Wrong Target by Ellen Brown - Investigative reporter Greg Palast is usually pretty good at peering behind the rhetoric and seeing what is really going on. But in tearing into Senator Elizabeth Warren’s support of postal financial services, he has done a serious disservice to the underdogs – both the underbanked and the US Postal Service itself. In his February 27 article “Liz Warren Goes Postal,” Palast attacked her support of the USPS Inspector General’s proposal to add “non-bank” financial services to the US Postal Service, calling it “cruel, stupid and frightening” and equating it with the unethical payday lending practices it seeks to eliminate. Read more HERE .......
• “Russia is preparing the announcement of the “Holy Grail” energy deal with none other than China, a move which would send geopolitical shockwaves around the world and bind the two nations in a commodity-backed axis.” by maxkeiser - READ Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce “Holy Grail” Gas Deal With China .....
• $102 billion DBSI fraud trial on hold after FBI agent commits suicide by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: via comment on YouTube, it seems a female FBI agent who had given two days of testimony in a $102 commercial real estate fraud trial has committed suicide. READ $102 billion DBSI fraud trial on hold after FBI agent commits suicide (idahostatesman.com)
• VIDEO! Jim Sinclair: Russia Can Collapse US Economy, Gold Update, Silver by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Abby Martin Takes Down the Cold War-Obsessed Neocons Behind the Curtain by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT [KR576] Keiser Report: Mortgage Slaves We discuss teddy bears, sunk cost fallacies and home buying binges. We also look at Wells Fargo returning to the subprime mortgage market just as Blackstone may be looking to bail on its 43,000 single family homes. In the second half, Max interviews Chris Whalen about the imminent default in Puerto Rico and what this could mean for the greater debt market.
• KEISER REPORT [KR577] Keiser Report: People Power Age We discuss the Potemkin factories that may create a manufacturing renaissance in America, or at least the perception of one. They also discuss a version of the future where elite-guided drones end the Age of the Gun and the Age of People Power and return us to another dark Age of the Elite. In the second half, Max interviews Elizabeth Rossiello of Bitpesa.co about the Silicon Savannah in East Africa where mobile currencies and now digital ones bring in greater remittances and new spending power.
• KEISER REPORT [KR578] Keiser Report: Bingo Lingo of Economics We discuss bingo lingo and Fedspeak. When the markets tumbled when Janet Yellen said, “six months,” perhaps she should have said “Chopping Sticks” instead? We also discuss qualitative guidance and productivity gains. In the second half, Max interviews Egon von Greyerz of Matterhorn Asset Management in Switzerland about wealth preservation and gold.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1309] The Truth About Markets – 15 March 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/18/14 Gareth Porter: This is the third part in a series of interviews on Porter’s new book Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. This interview focuses on the US political origins of the Iranian nuclear scare; how the post-Cold War peace dividend was thwarted by the military-industrial complex; and why Martin Indyk’s dual-containment policy on Iraq and Iran served only to benefit Israel.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/19/14 Gareth Porter: This is the fourth part in a series of interviews on Porter’s new book Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. Porter discusses how Israeli Prime Minister Yizhak Rabin created an Iranian nuclear bogeyman to give himself political cover for negotiations with the PLO; Iran’s long-range (conventional) missile development program for deterring an Israeli attack; Netanyahu’s initial dovishness on Iran in his first stint as Prime Minister; and how the missile defense lobby influenced US and Israeli policy on Iran.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/20/14 Gareth Porter: This is the fifth part in a series of interviews on Porter’s new book Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. Porter discusses the blown opportunity to reconcile with Iran after 9/11 and work together against the al-Qaeda and Taliban common enemies; the incredibly naive, magical thinking of the neocon gang that planned and executed the Iraq invasion/occupation; Iran’s doomed-to-failure nuclear negotiations with the EU3; John Bolton’s game plan to make Iran quit the NPT and throw out IAEA inspectors in disgust; and how US pressure counter-productively turned Iran’s nuclear program into a source of nationalistic pride for Iranians.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/21/14 Gareth Porter: This is the sixth part in a series of interviews on Porter’s new book Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. This interview covers the IAEA’s failed attempts to “catch” Iran violating the NPT and pursuing nuclear weapons, and debunks the many accusations leveled at Iran’s nuclear program over the years by Olli Heinonen, David Albright, and other Iran-hawks.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep Michael McCaul (R-TX), Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee
• Dr. Alan Diehl, former investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board and the FAA.
• Republican Ohio Governor John Kasich
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml