Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Stunning Staggering Hubris We begin with FDL's Peter Van Buren who dissects John Kerry's comment on MTP last Sunday "19th century behavior" on "phony pretexts" haha! The British Empire, the Eagle and the Bear: Non-Options for Crimea and Ukraine “You just don’t invade another country on phony pretext in order to assert your interests,” John Kerry said on Meet the Press. “This is an act of aggression that is completely trumped up in terms of its pretext. It’s really 19th century behavior in the 21st century.” Following Kerry’s comment, laughter could be heard from Iraq (twice), Afghanistan, Libya, many undisclosed parts of Africa, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria and across the Middle East. Faint chortles echoed out of Grenada, Bosnia, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Snickers in Panama, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala and El Salvador. Kerry of course had previously brought the joy of laughter to the world in the midst of the last Syrian “crisis.” Kerry clumsily tried to soften resistance to the Obama administration’s urge to launch strikes against al-Assad’s regime with the bizarre claim that such an attack would be “unbelievably small.” But like any good comedian, Kerry saved the big joke for last, when, in London enflight to the new, bestest war ever, Kerry famously and offhandedly said conflict could be avoided if the Syrians turned in their chemical weapons. In practically the same heartbeat, the Russians stepped into the diplomatic breach, with Vladimir Putin as an unlikely peacemaker. The U.S. did not attack Syria and the show ended with a good belly laugh for all. ................ Like the Victorian British, the U.S. imagines the world as a chessboard where it can move pieces around with predictable results, shaping world affairs to its own advantage while placing opponents in check. If that was ever true, the events of the last decade demonstrate it is not true anymore. As with everyone else who failed to learn the lessons of history and thus will be doomed to repeat them, inevitably next, the U.S. will slip beneath the waves as did the British Empire, over-extended, bankrupt and endlessly tied to foreign policy adventures that mean nothing while the world changes around it. More on this hubris in a bit. At the Nation Michelle Goldberg tells us everything we need to know about this year's CPAC Crazies meeting in Paul Ryan’s CPAC Speech Was Based on a Lie Paul Ryan’s CPAC speech yesterday was almost comically offensive even before it became clear that it was based on a lie. By now, you’ve probably heard about the speech itself, in which Ryan denounced the left for offering people “a full stomach—and an empty soul.” ......... Ryan’s words would have been nasty even if the underlying story were true. Do parents whose kids get subsidized school lunches not care for them? Does Ryan really think their souls are empty? Last night, however, The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler reported that the anecdote Ryan used was actually ripped out of context from the bestselling book An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year-Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny. The book is about the friendship between author Laura Schroff and Maurice Mazyck, whom Schroff met when he was begging on the street. At one point, she made him school lunches every day and left them with her doorman to pick up on the way to school. In a heartbreaking passage, Mazyck asked her to put them in a brown paper bag like the ones all the other kids had. Anderson’s communication’s director now admits that she never actually spoke to Mazyck, though she appropriated his story when she testified last year at a congressional hearing chaired by Ryan. As it happens, Schroff and Mazyck have partnered with an organization called No Kid Hungry that, among other things, works to connect poor children to free school meals. “[A] simple inquiry would have determined that the person telling the story actually is an advocate for the federal programs that Ryan now claims leaves people with ‘a full stomach and an empty soul,’” writes Kessler, describing it as a story “too good to check.” That in itself is telling, since even in it’s apocryphal version, it’s not that good of a story. After all, it’s not as if liberals think that free school lunches are better than homemade ones. The argument for free school lunches are that they are better than no lunch at all. The implication of Ryan’s “full stomach…empty soul” line is that he disagrees. He just knows better than to say so outright, and so he needs to hide behind an imaginary poor child. Yes Paul "small gummint" Ryan is a con man and hypocrite as explained by NewsWorks.org after his veep acceptance speech in 2012 Pinocchio politics: Paul Ryan's speech can't stand up to scrutiny ....... Oh please. This guy has spent virtually his entire adult life in government - 14 years on Capitol Hill starting at age 28, and before that he was a congressional aide. ........ The young Paul Ryan even availed himself of the government's largesse at a young age. After the death of his dad, he paid for his college tuition with Social Security survivor's benefits. Indeed, his whole family made a fortune in the railroad and highway construction business with the help of government contracts. ........ Get it? Hubris and hypocrisy all rolled into one! And The Rubes at CPAC ATE IT UP right along with the corporopress!
Can you believe it?
NC COAL ASH UPDATE: Colleen Jenkins at Reuters reports Duke Energy cited for violations at six plants after coal ash spill North Carolina regulators have cited Duke Energy Corp for environmental violations at six power plants in a probe prompted by a massive spill at one facility that dumped up to 39,000 tons of coal ash into a river used for drinking water. The state's Department of Environment and Natural Resources, which is facing scrutiny from federal prosecutors and watchdog groups for its regulation of the decommissioned Eden plant where the spill occurred, said on Monday that Duke failed to obtain federally required stormwater permits at five plants. The notices of violation followed two others announced on Friday for a sixth plant, the Eden facility, where regulators cited the utility for wastewater and stormwater violations. The state said Duke, the country's largest electric power provider, could face steep civil fines for neither applying for nor obtaining the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit needed to discharge stormwater from steam electric power generating facilities into state waters. "Our agency is determined to make sure that all of these facilities are in compliance with state and federal law," said John Skvarla, the state agency's secretary. "We're doing everything in our power to prevent environmental disasters like what we've seen at the Dan River." The Charlotte, North Carolina-based company has between 15 and 30 days to reply to state regulators investigating its coal ash ponds......... U.S. prosecutors opened a criminal investigation into the spill and have requested that inspection records and copies of correspondence between the state environmental agency and Duke Energy be produced for a grand jury later this month. The five other facilities cited for violating environmental standards are located in the counties of Rockingham, Rutherford County, Wayne, Person and New Hanover, the state said.
We hope you tuned in for the streaming video we posted last week from the KXL protest in front of the White House. Politico.com sent TALIA BUFORD to witness Hundreds arrested at White House Keystone protest More than 300 anti-Keystone XL protesters were arrested Sunday afternoon outside the White House in the latest push by environmentalists to convince the Obama administration to reject the Canadian oil pipeline. The student-led protest, organized by XL Dissent, started with a rally at Georgetown University. The students marched from there to the White House — with a stop at Secretary of State John Kerry’s house along the way. Students from 80 colleges participated in Sunday’s event Students from 80 colleges participated in Sunday’s event, and another protest will be held on Monday in San Francisco, said Aly Johnson-Kurts, a freshman at Smith College and one of the organizers of the event. “The youth really understand the traditional methods of creating change are not sufficient … so we needed to escalate,” said Johnson, shortly before she was arrested at the White House....... An organizer estimated the crowd at about 1,200 people. The crowd marched down H Street, holding banners and chanting songs. Some wore painter’s scrubs with black paint on them — “hazmat suits” with oil — while others held signs with slogans like “Keystone XL: pipeline to hell” and “Keep your oil out of my soil.” A tide of energy undulated through the crowd as speaker after speaker got up to encourage them to risk arrest. ........ “Hey, Obama, we don’t want no pipeline drama,” the activists yelled. Amid the crowd of students, many sporting “No KXL” T-shirts, was one woman dressed as environmental superhero, Captain Planet. Activists at Lafayette Square Park unfurled a black tarp and about 50 people laid down on the sidewalk creating a “human oil spill.” From the side, volunteers threw plastic lobsters, fish and birds — all painted black — amid the spill. One person held a sign as he lay on the pavement: “The oil is still here and so are we.” Officers blockaded the scene, moving spectators to the park sidewalk as first horses, and then vans moved in front of the protesters. For many of the students, this was their first time being arrested. Others said they just wanted to be a part of the rally to show solidarity and to make their voices heard. ...... Good on the students! We need more like that!
At NakedCapitalism.com Yves Smith posts this item by Matt Stoller: The Hippie Peaceniks Behind Corporate Global Trade Agreements Yves here. Among other things, this post shows what passes for analysis among elite technocrats. People don’t naturally enjoy doing bad things to each other. But people do end up doing lots of bad things to each other. How does this happen? It comes from something my friend Jonathan Schwartz calls “an inner lawyer.” Everybody, even and especially bad people, have “an inner lawyer”. This is that voice inside you that always argues that what you are doing is morally acceptable, the voice that says that your anger is justified, that it’s someone else’s fault, that not saying you got extra change is fine, that stealing a cookie is ok because the other person doesn’t really want it, and so forth. No one is just greedy and cynical, a la Frank Underwood, even and especially the uber-greedy and uber-cynical need a justification to themselves for doing the terrible things they do. That’s why maniac political leaders argue, to themselves, that doing a terrible thing is necessary for some greater national purpose, instead of just saying “We should do this terrible thing because I’m a maniac!” This need for an inner lawyer is universal. It’s not just true of people, it’s true of institutions, and countries. It’s true for global, ie. US trade policy post-World War II. It’s true for anything that people get together and do. So when looking at US trade policy, which at first helped create prosperity for most Americans from the 1930s to the early 1960s, and then turned increasingly into destroying prosperity for most Americans after that, it’s useful to find the inner lawyer for the people who knowingly organized a schema that would do this. Well, here we are. Above is are just released notes from an Oct, 1999 meeting between Clinton trade officials Lael Brainard and Rick Samans. The meeting was organized to prepare for the upcoming Seattle round of the World Trade Organization negotiations, the expansion of the trading regime of NAFTA and the WTO that had already begun eviscerating the American middle class (temporarily masked by the Greenspan-induced dot com boom). Now you’d think that these two would be discussing some aggressive economic rationale here, or corporate consolidation or soft power or any number of other McKinsey-consultant derived master of the universe rhetorical concepts. But these two actually sound like… hippie peaceniks. Their argument for expanding trade boils down to give peace a chance, man......... “Since GATT, haven’t had destablizing tariffs that spiral” is how Brainard and Samans characterize it. “So more and more countries – so, more and more countries —> less conflict —> stabiliz.” There you have it – Brainard and Samans had a simple thesis. More countries in more agreements meant more peace, and fewer countries in fewer agreements meant spirals into world war. And only US leadership, the “driving force propelling forward” each round, could ensure peace. So that’s what the inner lawyer of multi-millionaires who seek global trade agreements to ensure corporate hegemony sounds like! Cool. Incidentally, in terms of trade and peace, this meeting took place in October, 1999. That was 23 months before 9/11 and the whole endless war on terror, which US trade agreements did not prevent.
* And what happened to these two souls? Well, Brainard became the chief diplomat for the US Treasury Department under the Obama administration during the bailouts, and will shortly be confirmed to the Board of the Federal Reserve. Rick Samans went on to run the Davos convention for many years before joining the United Nations. Brainard is also married to Kurt Campbell, who was the driving force behind the Trans-Pacific Partnership in the State Department until February, 2013.
WAR ON WOMEN UPDATE: Dim Son never gives up. BTV Global Correspondent ms_in_la sez Many women are not aware that the HPV vaccine Gardasil might actually increase your risk of cervical cancer. Initially, that information came straight from Merck and was presented to the FDA prior to approval. Botswana Launches HPV Vaccine In July 2012, President and Mrs. Bush led a delegation to Botswana to launch PRRR in the country .... In July 2012, President and Mrs. Bush led a delegation to Botswana to launch PRRR in the country ..... " (WARNING! Those are some ICKY links, MS! -Ed.) OMG just saw that he's doing THE WHOLE CONTINENT. .... He's on a Gardisil campaign in Africa. Oh those poor people. We never stop trying to take them out. And while W - with Laura in tow - has been busy campaigning to shoot up all the females on the African continent with his buddies' vaccines from Merck.... THIS WAS BEING DISCOVERED ABOUT THE DRUG: HPV Vaccine Is Associated with Serious Health Risks, Including Sudden Death Many women are not aware that the HPV vaccine Gardasil might actually increase your risk of cervical cancer. Initially, that information came straight from Merck and was presented to the FDA prior to approval. According to Merck’s own research, if you have been exposed to HPV strains 16 or 18 prior to receipt of Gardasil vaccine, you could increase your risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent. Other health problems associated with Gardasil vaccine include immune-based inflammatory neurodegenerative disorders, suggesting that something is causing the immune system to overreact in a detrimental way—sometimes fatally. ......... ... --- ... ........."This new information from the government shows that the serious safety concerns about the use of Gardasil have been well-founded," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "Public health officials should stop pushing Gardasil on children."...... WOW! Lots more! NEXT MoJo's Mariah Blake explains The Scary New Evidence on BPA-Free Plastics: And the Big Tobacco-Style Campaign to Bury It ...... Juliette's sippy cup was made from a new generation of BPA-free plastics, but Green, who runs the Oakland, California-based Center for Environmental Health, had come across research suggesting some of these contained synthetic estrogens, too. ........... The center shipped Juliette's plastic cup, along with 17 others purchased from Target, Walmart, and Babies R Us, to CertiChem, a lab in Austin, Texas. More than a quarter—including Juliette's—came back positive for estrogenic activity. These results mirrored the lab's findings in its broader National Institutes of Health-funded research on BPA-free plastics. CertiChem and its founder, George Bittner, who is also a professor of neurobiology at the University of Texas-Austin, had recently coauthored a paper in the NIH journal Environmental Health Perspectives. It reported that "almost all" commercially available plastics that were tested leached synthetic estrogens—even when they weren't exposed to conditions known to unlock potentially harmful chemicals, such as the heat of a microwave, the steam of a dishwasher, or the sun's ultraviolet rays. According to Bittner's research, some BPA-free products actually released synthetic estrogens that were more potent than BPA. Estrogen plays a key role in everything from bone growth to ovulation to heart function. Too much or too little, particularly in utero or during early childhood, can alter brain and organ development, leading to disease later in life. Elevated estrogen levels generally increase a woman's risk of breast cancer. Estrogenic chemicals found in many common products have been linked to a litany of problems in humans and animals. According to one study, the pesticide atrazine can turn male frogs female. DES, which was once prescribed to prevent miscarriages, caused obesity, rare vaginal tumors, infertility, and testicular growths among those exposed in utero. Scientists have tied BPA to ailments including asthma, cancer, infertility, low sperm count, genital deformity, heart disease, liver problems, and ADHD. "Pick a disease, literally pick a disease," says Frederick vom Saal, a biology professor at the University of Missouri-Columbia who studies BPA. ........... Today many plastic products, from sippy cups and blenders to Tupperware containers, are marketed as BPA-free. But Bittner's findings—some of which have been confirmed by other scientists—suggest that many of these alternatives share the qualities that make BPA so potentially harmful. Those startling results set off a bitter fight with the $375-billion-a-year plastics industry. The American Chemistry Council, which lobbies for plastics makers and has sought to refute the science linking BPA to health problems, has teamed up with Tennessee-based Eastman Chemical—the maker of Tritan, a widely used plastic marketed as being free of estrogenic activity—in a campaign to discredit Bittner and his research. The company has gone so far as to tell corporate customers that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rejected Bittner's testing methods. (It hasn't.) Eastman also sued CertiChem and its sister company, PlastiPure, to prevent them from publicizing their findings that Tritan is estrogenic, convincing a jury that its product displayed no estrogenic activity. And it launched a PR blitz touting Tritan's safety, targeting the group most vulnerable to synthetic estrogens: families with young children. ............ Eastman's offensive is just the latest in a wide-ranging industry campaign to cast doubt on the potential dangers of plastics in food containers, packaging, and toys—a campaign that closely resembles the methods Big Tobacco used to stifle scientific evidence about the dangers of smoking. .......... If you have food in ANY kind of plastic container go read all of this! And see Tuesday's DN! below for an interview with MoJo's Mariah Blake!
At ZeroHedge.com we find "Behind The Kiev Snipers It Was Somebody From The New Coalition" - A Stunning New Leak Released sez Tyler Durdan The last time a leaked phone call out of Ukraine was released about a month ago ostensibly by the Russian NSA equivalent, one between US assistant sec state Victoria Nuland and the US envoy to the Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt, it was revealed that the real puppet masters behind the Maidan movement, and the true instigators of the Ukraine "revolution" were none other than the "developed" world superpowers, lead by the US. Also revealed were tensions between the US and EU strategies on how to overthrow the current government, culminating with the infamous "Fuck the EU." Needless to say the US, which implicitly confirmed the recording, was angry at Russia and accused it of using dirty tricks. That's ironic, because when it comes to "dirty tricks" what is about to be presented, blows the top off anything Russia may or has done to date. Earlier today an even more shocking recording has been "leaked" this time one between the always concerned about human rights EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton and Estonian foreign minister Urmas Paet, in which it is revealed on tape that all those photos of horrifying deaths of Ukrainians by snipers during the last days of the Median stand off, were in fact caused not by Snipers controlled by Yanukovich, but that the snipers shot at both protesters and police in Kiev were allegedly hired by Maidan leaders! Here is the key exchange, just after 8 minutes into the conversation :
- Paet: "All the evidence shows that people who were killed by snipers from both sides, policemen and people from the streets, that they were the same snipers killing people from both sides. ... Some photos that showed it is the same handwriting, the same type of bullets, and it is really disturbing that now the new coalition they don't want to investigate what exactly happened. So there is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers, it was not Yanukovych, but it was somebody from the new coalition." Ashton: "I think we do want to investigate. I mean, I didn’t pick that up, that’s interesting. Gosh." Paet: "It already discreditates (sic) this new coalition."
When ethnic Ukrainians look to the EU as their savior, they have lost their sense of timing. They are seeing the last vestiges of a "Social Europe" that has been sacrificed on the altar of neoliberalism. ..................... Having suffered a generation under Stalin and his successors, Ukrainians will now be able to compare that to the hand of IMF central planners. Who needs a military thrust when a new round of shock therapy and austerity will do the trick more deftly? Yanukovych is the kind of kleptocrat that neoliberals promised would enrich the post-Soviet states, except he committed the unforgivable sin of refusing to implement an EU/US-counseled austerity program. .............. The US/EU plan is the same neoliberal strategy designed to demilitarize the post-Soviet states by de-industrializing them and driving their population to emigrate. "Structural adjustment" (today's euphemism for austerity) will continue loading down Ukraine with debt, using it as a lever to control its economic policy. Meanwhile, Russia offers debt relief (or at least more loans) without development, because it itself still partially remains under the thrall of neoliberalism. Russia and Ukraine would benefit from an alternative economic policy based on regional capital investment in economic development. ......... Of course here in the U.S. the IMF-imposed "Structural adjustment" or the EU Troika's "Austerity" is called "Sequestration" and the U.S. corporomedia will NOT tell its viewers and listeners THEY'RE ALL THE SAME! Worse they certainly won't tell us the results have been awful. Despite what the neocons and war mongers say on the Sunday Bobblehead Shows Americans Overwhelmingly Oppose US Intervention in Ukraine, Syria, Iran … Or Anywhere Else at WashingtonsBlog Polls show that Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to U.S. military involvement in:
should mind its own business internationally and let other countries get along as best they can on their own.” We’re sick of war … (And we’ve been so for years.) But how many Americans follow international politics? Or understand the global transnational corporations quest for natural resources (oil, wood, arable land, water to name a few) convincing nations to go to war for them using their “inner lawyer” ruse to convince the rubes at home that "War is Peace". We come full-circle and go to ConsortiumNews.com for our Brick TeeVee Last Word where Robert Parry asks and answers Putin or Kerry: Who’s Delusional? When Secretary of State John Kerry denounces Russia’s intervention in Crimea by declaring “It is not appropriate to invade a country and at the end of a barrel of gun dictate what you are trying to achieve. That is not Twenty-first Century, G-8, major-nation behavior,” you might expect that the next line in a serious newspaper would note Kerry’s breathtaking hypocrisy. But not if you were reading the New York Times on Wednesday, or for that matter the Washington Post or virtually any mainstream U.S. newspaper or watching a broadcast outlet. Yet, look what happens when Russia’s President Vladimir Putin does what the U.S. news media should do, i.e. point out that “It’s necessary to recall the actions of the United States in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Libya, where they acted either without any sanction from the U.N. Security Council or distorted the content of these resolutions, as it happened in Libya. There, as you know, only the right to create a no-fly zone for government aircraft was authorized, and it all ended in the bombing and participation of special forces in group operations.” Despite the undeniable accuracy of Putin’s observation, he was promptly deemed to have “lost touch with reality,” according to a Washington Post’s editorial, which called his press conference “rambling” and a “bizarre performance” in which his words have “become indistinguishable from the propaganda of his state television network.” You get the point. If someone notes the disturbing U.S. history of military interventions or describes the troubling narrative behind the “democratic” coup in Ukraine – spearheaded by neo-Nazi militias who overthrew a duly elected president – you are dismissed as crazy. Yet, it has been the Post, Times and other U.S. news outlets which have led the way in developing a propaganda narrative at odds with the known reality. .................... Those revised “facts” better fit the preferred narrative of innocent and peaceful demonstrators being set upon by thuggish police without provocation. But that isn’t what the original reporting revealed. Either the New York Times should explain how the earlier reporting was wrong or it should respect the more nuanced reality. To do so, however, would undercut the desired narrative. So, it’s better to simply accuse anyone with a functioning memory of being “delusional.” The same with anyone who mentions the stunning hypocrisy of the U.S. government suddenly finding international law inviolable. The history of the United States crossing borders to overthrow governments or to seize resources is a long and sordid one. Even after World War II and the establishment of the Nuremberg principles against “aggressive war,” the U.S. government has routinely violated those rules, sometimes unilaterally and sometimes by distorting the clear meaning of U.N. resolutions, as Putin noted. Those violations of international law have done nothing to diminish the official reputations of presidents who broke the rules. Despite the slaughters of millions of people from these U.S. military adventures, no U.S. president has ever been punished either by U.S. judicial authorities or by international tribunals. ................... Secretary Kerry might argue that Grenada was so Twentieth Century, along with such events as the Vietnam War, the invasion of Panama in 1989 and the Persian Gulf conflict of 1990-91, which involved the slaughter of Iraqi soldiers and civilians even after the Iraqi government agreed to withdraw from Kuwait in a deal negotiated by then-Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev. [For details, see Robert Parry’s Secrecy & Privilege.] However, if one were to take up Secretary Kerry’s challenge and just look at the Twenty-first Century and “G-8, major-nation behavior,” which would include the United States and its major European allies, you’d still have a substantial list of U.S. violations: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya and others. France and Great Britain, two other G-8 countries, have engaged in military interventions as well, including France in Mali and other African conflicts. ........... Indeed, it appears that one reason why Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, a neocon holdover, has been so aggressive in trying to exacerbate the Ukraine crisis was as a form of neocon payback for Putin’s defusing the confrontations with Syria and Iran, when Official Washington’s still-influential neocons were eager for more violence and “regime change.” [See Consortiumnews.com’s “What Neocons Want from Ukraine Crisis.”] In virtually all these threatened or actual U.S. military assaults on sovereign nations, the major U.S. news media has been enthusiastically onboard. Indeed, the Washington Post and the New York Times played key roles in manufacturing public consent for George W. Bush’s invasion of Iraq in 2003 under the false pretext of eliminating its non-existent weapons of mass destruction. By promoting dubious and false allegations, the Post and Times also have helped lay the groundwork for potential U.S. wars against Iran and Syria............ However, when Russia has a much more understandable case for intervention – an incipient civil war on its border that involves clear U.S. interference, the overthrow of an elected president and the participation of neo-Nazi militias – the U.S. government and its compliant mainstream media lock arms in outrage. ............. Click over to read ALL of Parry's outline at ConsortiumNews.com (and drop them some sofa change too if you can). And also at ConsortiumNews.com read
- William Blum's Explaining US Hypocrisy on Ukraine
- Paul R. Pillar's The Sanctions Madness on Russia & Neocons Move to Exploit Ukraine Crisis
- Lawrence Davidson's The Conundrum of ‘Democratic’ Coups
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Timothy Snyder, professor of history at Yale University & Ray McGovern, former senior CIA analyst Who Is Provoking the Unrest in Ukraine? A Debate on Role of Russia, United States in Regional Crisis
- KXL protester Deirdre Shelly, a student at American University XL Dissent: 398 Youth Arrested at Anti-Keystone XL Pipeline Protest at White House
- Mariah Blake, staff reporter with Mother Jones magazine Are Any Plastics Safe? Industry Tries to Hide Scary New Evidence on BPA-Free Bottles, Containers See her latest exposé The Scary New Evidence on BPA-Free Plastics: And the Big Tobacco-Style Campaign to Bury It
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin "Help. They Broke My Arm. Egypt Police": Peace Activist Medea Benjamin Detained en Route to Gaza
- Dahr Jamail, staff reporter at Truthout Humanitarian Crisis Intensifies in Fallujah as Iraqi Gov’t Accused of Killing Over 100 Civilians
- Ex-Black Panther Marshall "Eddie" Conway & Bob Boyle, attorney Exclusive: Freed Ex-Black Panther Marshall "Eddie" Conway on 44 Years in Prison & FBI Surveillance
- Bob Autobee, speaking out against the death penalty for Edward Montour, who killed his son Eric, a prison guard, in 2002 & Renee Feltz, Democracy Now! producer and criminal justice correspondent "The Death Penalty is a Hate Crime": Bob Autobee Speaks Out to Spare Life of Son’s Killer
- Ryan Haygood, director of the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund’s Political Participation Group & Johanna Fernández, professor of history at Baruch College-CUNY Senate Race-Baiting? Dems Join GOP to Block Obama DOJ Pick Tied to Legal Defense of Mumia Abu-Jamal
- Angela Davis, author and activist, professor emerita at the University of California Angela Davis on Prison Abolition, the War on Drugs and Why Social Movements Shouldn’t Wait on Obama
- Keith Gessen, editor at n+1 magazine; Anton Shekhovtsov, researcher at the University College London, specializing in far-right movements; Jonathan Steele, former Moscow correspondent for The Guardian Roundtable: As Crimea Threatens Secession, Does East-West Split Hasten Ukraine’s Political Divide?
- Roberto Lovato, a writer with New American Media & Margarita López Maya, professor with the Center for Development Studies at the Central University of Venezuela Debate: Do Venezuelan Protests Reflect Popular Discontent or the Old Qualms of a Divided Elite?
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Jane Jacobs Forum 2013: Women As City Builders How does one incorporate protest sites into city planning? How can city planners bring diversity back to gentrified spaces? How do you populate depopulated spaces? Do men and women plan cities differently? ......... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© 22 DAYS UNTIL MLB OPENING DAY! »»» NASCAR on FOX Sprint Cup Series at Phoenix International Raceway 3 pm et »»» NBA on ABC Sunday Doubleheader!! Heat @ Bulls 1 pm et then Thunder @ Lakers 3 pm et »»» NBA on ESPN Wednesday Doubleheader! Nets @ Heat 7 pm et then Blazers @ Spurs 9:30 pm et »»» NBA on TNT Thursday Doubleheader! Rockets @ Bulls 7 pm et then Lakers @ Thunder 9:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: Restore Net Neutrality An appeals court just dealt the latest blow to the open Internet. The court struck down the Federal Communications Commission’s Open Internet Order because of the questionable legal framework the agency used when it adopted its Net Neutrality rules in 2010. This ruling means there is no one who can protect us from ISPs that block or discriminate against websites, applications or services. But there’s hope: FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler can correct the agency’s past mistakes and truly protect our nation’s communications infrastructure. The agency must take the necessary steps to make broadband networks open, accessible, reliable and affordable for everyone. Tell the FCC to start treating broadband like a communications service, and to restore its Net Neutrality rules.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning Awarded Sam Adams Integrity Prize for 2014 January 22, 2014. By the Sam Adams Associates for Integrity in Intelligence (SAAII). Chelsea Manning has been awarded this years's Integrity in Intelligence award for "casting much-needed daylight on the true toll and cause of civilian casualties in Iraq; human rights abuses by U.S. and “coalition” forces, mercenaries, and contractors; and the roles that spying and bribery play in international diplomacy." ..... AND Update 2/25/14: Edward Snowden's taped statement to Chelsea Manning re. Sam Adams award Recipient of the 2013 Sam Adams Award for Integrity in Intelligence, Edward Snowden sent this taped statement for the ceremony held last week at Oxford University. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, Republican strategist and ABC News contributor Ana Navarro, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, and former Obama White House senior adviser and ABC News contributor David Plouffe
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• former Vice President Dick Cheney
• retired Marine Corps Gen. Jim Jones
• former Secretary of State James Baker
• Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
• ROUNDTABLE: Rich Lowry of the National Review, CBS News State Department Correspondent Margaret Brennan, Peter Baker of the New York Times, and Jeffrey Goldberg of Bloomberg View
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• Coming Up Sunday, March 9 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Ukrainian oligarch: U.S. "should use all" against Russia
• See who's watching you online
• ALMA: Peering into the universe's past
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• White House Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken
• Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York
• ROUNDTABLE: California Democratic Congresswoman Karen Bass; Chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition Ralph Reed; Senior Political Columnist and Editorial Director at the National Journal, Ron Fournier; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• White House’s Deputy National Security Adviser, Tony Blinken
• Ambassadors from two former eastern bloc countries – Lithuania and Estonia
• Republican-turned-Democrat Charlie Crist
• Politics Roundtable: Donna Brazile, AB Stoddard and Ben Ferguson – on the annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Committee
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• TITANIC TUESDAY! Get some laughs on all the MO-RANS! Listen here: NOW HERE - Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 6, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Record fine for Big Coal company for 6,000 violations over 7 years; Opportunistic rightwingers push nonsense on Keystone XL; Colorado's Republican US Senate candidates pass climate denier litmus test; PLUS: Keystone XL loses another key supporter ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): China declares war - on pollution; Innovation: Transparent colorful solar cells have arrived; Federal Reserve sees severe weather impact throughout US economy; Americans have no idea how much water they waste; US infrastructure, landmarks threatened by rising sea levels; Britain's cars could run on rubbish... PLUS: Drought: California will learn what Texas did: by the time politicians and residents wake up to their wasteful ways, it’s too late ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - March 4, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Hundreds arrested at White House --- again --- protesting Keystone XL pipeline; EPA moves to block controversial Alaska mine; New smog standards reduce pollution from tailpipes (and save lives, too); Ancient virus resurrected in the Arctic; PLUS: Unrest in Ukraine exposes energy security vulnerability for Europe... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! L.A. Bans E-Cigs in Public Spaces: KPFK 'BradCast' Brad intvws City Councilman Paul Koretz, who explains why those who 'vape' should be treated like those who smoke - even while calling it 'much safer than smoking'. UPDATE: Amer Lung Assoc CEO: Ban 'misguided'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Who Controls the Mainstream Media Message? Emmy-winning former news producer Sue Wilson says rightwing pushback against the FCC doing its job reveals more about the corporate media than you might imagine...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Big Coal' Company Violated Pollution Laws 6,000 Times Alpha Natural Resources dumped toxic heavy metals into rivers and streams in five states for seven years, will pay $27.5m in fines, $200m to reduce discharge, according to settlement...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'If You're Poor, Stop Being Poor': Daily Show Slams 'Third World Health Care'...in Knoxville, TN [VIDEO] Fox 'News' analyst offers advice for Americans who need health care, as The Daily Show's Aasif Maandvi reports on 'third world' health care conditions in...Knoxville, TN...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 5 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: 3-way Spat Develops Over Torture Report News breaks that Obama reportedly knew that CIA was spying on Senate Intel Committee’s investigation of torture, rendition and detention….
• PBC News & Comment 6 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: Run Bernie, Run! John Nichols interviews Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who’s considering running for president in 2016; it’s great news for progressives…
• PBC News & Comment 7 Mar 2014 PBC News & Comment: Game On: CIA Gets FBI to Investigate Senate FBI enters the fray, as CIA and Senate intel trade accusations: it’s a full-on, spy vs. spy clusterf**k over torture….
• PBC Standard Podcast March 4, 2014 Editor Rob Okun Explains How Profeminist Men Take On Sex Crimes, Domestic Violence, Gun Crimes
• PBC Standard Podcast March 6, 2014 Journalist Robert Parry and Former CIA Analyst Ray McGovern Unpack the Crisis in Ukraine, a Neocon Production
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! March 7, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will tell us how he’s leading the charge to tackle climate change in the Senate.
• Paul Waldman from The American Prospect will explain why businessmen make terrible politicians.
• Think Progress’s Ian Millhiser will take us on a dark journey into the mind of Clarence Thomas.
• And best-selling author David Sirota is going to tell us why the federal government is giving billions of dollars in handouts to corporations every year.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! March 8, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Dr. Tom Schneider will explain the growing problem of preventable medical errors, and what’s being done to curb this epidemic.
»» Ian Millhiser, editor of Think Progress Justice in Washington, D.C., will take us on a journey into the dark mind of Clarence Thomas.
»» Author Cliff Schecter will tell us how income inequality is poisoning our democracy.
»» Author and American Prospect contributing editor Paul Waldman will explain why success in big business doesn’t translate into success in politics.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on December 21, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 8, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Seder: The End of Days for Chris Christie (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and author Cliff Schecter discuss how Chris Christie’s public image has deteriorated to an astoundingly low level, and how his career may be on its way out.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Return of the Economic Royalists (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio fills in for Thom Hartmann on The Big Picture to discuss America’s out of control economic royalists with economist Dr. Richard Wolff.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/3/14 Dominique Arel: Russia Invades Ukraine & Kai Newkirk: Filming SCOTUS & Fighting Money In Politics
• TUESDAY 3/4/14 Teaser Tuesday For Freebies Hey folks, today is a Members only show, but we still wanted to give you Freebies a teaser from today’s show........
• WEDNESDAY 3/5/14 Adolph Reed Jr.: Nothing Left: The Long, Slow Surrender of American Liberals
• THURSDAY 3/6/14 Mike Lofgren: Anatomy of the Deep State
• FRIDAY 3/7/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• The Phone Conversation: Paet & Ashton by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Ashton says, “no comment” and Paet has confirmed the phone call took place but says he has not listened to the audio to confirm all accurate and unedited. So take that into consideration when listening, and with that here is this breaking story as all is fair in love and war and hoaxes do happen. But . . . VIDEO! British EU chief hears Ukraine shooting claim in bugged call In the recording, the male says he has seen evidence suggesting that one group was responsible for shooting both riot police and protesters alike, and that there is a “stronger and stronger understanding” that one of the Maidan leaders organised the shootings.........
• Divide et Impera in the Ukraine by Lars Schall - Financial journalist Lars Schall talked with a former Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister of Defense in Germany, Willy Wimmer, about the crisis unfolding in the Ukraine. According to Wimmer, the intention of the US in the Ukraine is to split Europe one more time. READ There has been a coup d’etat in the Ukraine
• How Facebook Exploits Underage Girls in its Quest for Ad Revenue Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - This post is my third in recent weeks exploring what exactly is going on with the Facebook business model. The company reported stellar results in its latest earnings report, which has led to many questions as to exactly how they are making all this advertising money. Well the pieces are finally starting to come together, and the answer is not pretty. Part of it has to do with the exploitation of underage girls. According to the Wall Street Journal, the primary demographic clicking on ads for adult web cams on the site is 13-17. Sickening. Read more HERE. (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• On Tuesday, the American journalist Abby Martin seemed to commit premeditated professional suicide on Russia’s RT TV channel… by maxkeiser - READ RT financial guru Max Keiser’s view of journalists, criminal banker wankers & financing new Edinburgh Fringe shows
• Obama Signs Executive Order Blocking Certain Russian Assets Due to Ukraine Crisis Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - Ok, so this seems like a very big deal and a may represent a serious escalation in the soft conflict happening between the U.S. and Russia. As of today, the U.S. seems to be using financial warfare in its response. Not only does this Executive Order issued today appear to block certain Russian assets, it also imposes travel restrictions. The question on my mind now is, does Russia hold some of its treasuries in the custody of the Federal Reserve? If so, are these now frozen? Read the rest here.
• KEISER REPORT [KR570] Keiser Report: The FUBAR World Economy We discuss the $400 million papaya milkshake at MtGox and the $400 million transaction malleability issue at Citigroup’s subsidiary in Mexico. In the second half, Max talks to Tuur Demeester about the benign virus that is bitcoin and the cloud that hit earth. They also talk about creating an instant Hong Kong in a box and establishing proof of reserves.
• KEISER REPORT [KR571] Keiser Report: EU Membership Market We discuss an EU membership market on which the more than 50% euroskeptic populations of France, Spain, Greece and UK can dump their membership burdens on to those in Ukraine and beyond who want it. We also discuss the ‘sick joke’ that is home ownership in Troika occupied Greece. In the second half, Max interviews Dmitry Orlov of cluborlov.blogspot.com about his opinions on Ukraine and about the failed EU trade deal that led to the crisis and what the future holds for the economy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR572] Keiser Report: Live by Fraud, Die by Fraud We discuss those who live by the fraud, dying by the fraud as fraud is deployed to cover up fraud thus causing more fraud. In the second half, Max interviews precious metals expert, Ned Naylor-Leyland of QuilterCheviot.com about how the harmonisation of law across Europe has ironically driven the manipulation of the gold fix out into the open and how the rigged gold fix has meant that gold was not able to be classified as tier one capital.
• KEISER REPORT [KR568] Keiser Report: Triangle Of Fraud We discuss the ‘cling-ons’ unable to afford to live in London, while in Texas, Rex Tillerson of Exxon, the man most responsible for pushing fracking across the nation, refuses to have it happen in his backyard. In the second half, Max interviews Andrew Spooner of AsiaProvocateur.blogspot.com about the economic reasons behind the ongoing protests in Thailand.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1306] The Truth About Markets – 22 February 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/04/14 Michael Hirsh: Michael Hirsh, a writer for National Journal, discusses why Obama will never end the war on terror; using the AUMF to justify Guantanamo prison and intervention the world over; and the government’s classification of who our actual enemies are – making the war on terror a secret war.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/04/14 Adam Morrow: JAdam Morrow, a Cairo-based reporter for IPS News, discusses the instability of Egypt’s new quasi-democratic military dictatorship; increasing popular discontent about Egypt’s terrible economy and the government’s inability to fix it; and the Muslim Brotherhood’s demotion to its familiar role as opposition party.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/04/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst and aspiring voice impersonator, discusses Putin’s response to the US-backed coup in Ukraine; NATO’s provocative expansion to Russia’s borders; and (Iraq War supporter) John Kerry’s blatant hypocrisy on chastising Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on false pretenses.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 03/05/14 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of IRMEP, discusses the national summit to reassess the U.S.-Israel “special relationship” in Washington on March 7; the topics and scheduled speakers (including Scott Horton); and why the individuals who commit crimes on Israel’s behalf are too big to prosecute.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• former Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• Sen Rand Paul (R-KY)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml