Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
BLOWBACK The entire world is shocked by the mass murders in Paris France ultimately ending in French forces kill newspaper attack suspects, hostages die in second siege with reporting at Reuters by Mark John, Ingrid Melander and John Irish. We'll have more on this in a bit but first some good news! Tired of the same old NPR (National Petroleum Radio)? Are your airwaves clogged with all types of right- to far-right talkers? Well you're in luck! NEW CHANNEL 121 on SIRIUSXM with JOHN FUGELSANG STARTING MONDAY! SiriusXM to Launch New "SiriusXM Insight" Channel /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM today announced it will launch SiriusXM Insight, an all-new, exclusive, groundbreaking news, information, and entertainment radio channel offering listeners inspiring ideas and intelligent conversation with an edge. ........ At launch, SiriusXM Insight will feature shows with notable brands including the Aspen Institute, The Daily Beast, and TechCrunch, giving listeners the opportunity to react and learn about a range of critical issues spanning headline news and social trends, technology news, the arts and culture, science, parenting, spirituality, travel, literature, education and more. The channel will also include a variety of talented, insightful hosts from wide-ranging backgrounds, including three stand-up comedians well-known for their astute analysis of news and issues: SiriusXM on-air personality and stand-up comic, Pete Dominick; political commentator and comedian, John Fugelsang; and former practicing attorney and Muslim American stand-up comedian, Dean Obeidallah. Also joining the lineup are well-known experts Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist, Director of the Hayden Planetarium, and popularizer of science; author, Libertarian, activist and Harvard Law professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz; Pulitzer Prize-winning African-American journalist, professor, and publisher, Karen Hunter; center-right political commentator and gay rights activist, Margaret Hoover; and transcendental meditation expert and Executive Director of the David Lynch Foundation, Bob Roth. "SiriusXM Insight is like the cocktail party after the seminar - the topics are lively and the discussion is loose, engaging and unpredictable," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. .......... SiriusXM Insight will launch Monday, January 12, at 9:00 am ET on SiriusXM channel 121. The inaugural program will be "Stand Up! With Pete Dominick," in recognition of Dominick's role in inspiring the creation of the channel. ........ The SiriusXM Insight program lineup will provide a wide-variety of topics, including:
- Stand Up with Pete Dominick – 9am-12pm ET, daily
- Get It Right with Margaret Hoover – 12pm-1pm ET, daily
- Tell Me Everything with John Fugelsang – 2pm-5pm ET, daily
- StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson – 5pm-6pm ET, daily
- The Karen Hunter Show - 7pm-9pm ET, daily
- Aspen Institute Radio – Saturdays, 1-3pm ET
- The Perri Peltz Show – Wednesdays at 6pm & Saturdays at 3pm
- Daily Beast Radio – Saturdays, 9am-10am ET
- TechCrunch Radio – Tuesdays at 6pm ET
- The Dean Obeidallah Show – Saturdays, 10am-12pm ET
- Success without Stress with Bob Roth – Last Friday of every month, 6pm ET
- Righteous Radio with Rabbi Elliot Cosgrove – Sundays, 9am ET
- The Alan Dershowitz Show –Sundays, 10am-12pm ET
- TalkPoverty Radio –Saturdays, 12pm ET
- The U.S. Marshals Service program, which became fully functional around 2007, operates Cessna aircraft from at least five metropolitan-area airports, with a flying range covering most of the U.S. population, according to people familiar with the program. Planes are equipped with devices—some known as “dirtboxes” to law-enforcement officials because of the initials of the Boeing Co. unit that produces them—which mimic cell towers of large telecommunications firms and trick cellphones into reporting their unique registration information. The technology in the two-foot-square device enables investigators to scoop data from tens of thousands of cellphones in a single flight, collecting their identifying information and general location, these people said.
- Within the Marshals Service, some have questioned the legality of such operations and the internal safeguards, these people said. They say scooping up of large volumes of information, even for a short period, may not be properly understood by judges who approve requests for the government to locate a suspect’s phone. Some within the agency also question whether people scanning cellphone signals are doing enough to minimize intrusions into the phone system of other citizens, and if there are effective procedures in place to safeguard the handling of that data.
- Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire
- The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy and the End of the Republic
- Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Phyllis Bennis, fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies & Ali Abunimah, co-founder of The Electronic Intifada Defying U.S. & Israel, Will ICC Membership Bring Justice to Stateless & Occupied Palestinians?
- Scott Horton, human rights attorney and contributing editor at Harper’s Magazine From Drone Strikes to Black Sites, How U.S. Foreign Policy Runs Under a Cloak of Secrecy Scott Horton, a human rights attorney and contributing editor at Harper’s Magazine, whose new book is "Lords of Secrecy: The National Security Elite and America’s Stealth Foreign Policy."
- Carol Rose, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts Justice or Vengeance?: ACLU Raises Concerns as Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Mark Potok, senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center "David Duke Without the Baggage": Will Top GOPer Steve Scalise Resign over Speech to Racist Group?
- Anabel Hernández, Mexican investigative reporter As Obama Hosts Peña Nieto, Explosive Report Ties Mexican Federal Police to Students’ Disappearance
- Robert Mahoney, deputy director of the Committee to Protect Journalists; and Tariq Ali, a British-Pakistani political commentator, historian, activist, filmmaker, novelist and an editor of the New Left Review Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed in Attack on French Satirical Magazine Known for Muhammad Cartoons
- Matt Apuzzo, New York Times reporter Will James Risen Be Jailed? In Press Freedom Fight, NYT Reporter Tells Court He Won’t Name Source
- Tony Rothert, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri Fighting Gag Order, Ferguson Grand Juror Accuses Prosecutor of Mishandling Case & Misleading Public
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host Mario Cuomo (1932-2015): Late New York Gov. Remembered as Working-Class Champion
- Tariq Ali Leading Muslim Scholar Tariq Ramadan: Attack on Paris Magazine "a Pure Betrayal of Our Religion"
- Tariq Ramadan, a professor of contemporary Islamic studies at Oxford University AND John R. MacArthur, publisher of Harper’s Magazine Scholar Tariq Ramadan, Harper’s Rick MacArthur on Charlie Hebdo Attack & How the West Treats Muslims
- Art Spiegelman, renowned American cartoonist, editor and comics advocate AND Ramadan Comics Legend Art Spiegelman & Scholar Tariq Ramadan on Charlie Hebdo & the Power Dynamic of Satire
- Gilbert Achcar, professor at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London "A Clash of Barbarisms": After Paris Attack, How U.S. Policy in Middle East Helps Fuel Extremism
- Gilbert Achcar, professor at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London Gilbert Achcar on the Clash of Barbarisms from the Massacre in Paris to the U.S. Occupation of Iraq
- Muhammad El Khaoua, a graduate student in international relations at the Paris Institute for Political Science French Muslims Fear Backlash, Increased Islamophobia After Charlie Hebdo Attack
- Rosemary Harris Lytle, president of the NAACP Colorado, Montana, Wyoming State Conference FBI Probes NAACP Office Bombing in Colorado as Act of Domestic Terrorism
- James Haslam, director of the Vermont Workers’ Center 29 Arrested as Single-Payer Advocates Disrupt Vermont Gov. Shumlin’s Inauguration
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Peter Linebaugh: Who Owns the Commons? An 800 Year Fight for Public Goods
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY NFL PLAYOFFS FOX Cowboys @ Packers 1:00 pm et THEN CBS Colts @ Broncos 4:40 pm et »»» MONDAY NCAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP on ESPN No. 2 Oregon vs. No. 4 Ohio State CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PRES. BY AT&T 8:30 PM ET »»» WEDNESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Wizards @ Bulls 8:00 pm et THEN Clippers @ Trailblazers 10:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Thunder @ Rockets 8:00 pm et THEN CAVS @ Lakers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality The FCC is considering a new plan that has the same big problems we’ve been protesting against all year. Tell the agency we’ll accept nothing less than REAL Net Neutrality. Just how bad is it? This new proposal: • Would allow broadband providers to cut specialized deals with companies to reach Internet users. • Still gives us slow lanes and gives users no real protection against discrimination from Internet service providers. • Rests on shaky legal arguments that won’t stand up in court. This isn't what millions of us have been fighting for. SIGN NOW at Tell Chairman Wheeler: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality at freepress.net NOW.
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning featured in Alcatraz art exhibit AND Birthday Messages to Chelsea from Snowden, Gilliam & more public icons Dec 16, 2014. Public icons send birthday greetings and support to prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning, including: Edward Snowden, Terry Gilliam, Michael Stipe, Vivienne Westwood, Molly Crabapple, JM Coetzee, Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Slavoj Žižek, Alan Moore, Joe Sacco, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Tatchell, Billy Martin, Saul Williams..........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., the new chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, House Homeland Security Committee chairman
• Sen. John Cornyn, the Texas Republican
• CBS News Justice and Homeland Security Correspondent Bob Orr and CBS News senior security contributor Michael Morel
• David Ignatius of The Washington Post and Farah Pandith, of the Council on Foreign Relations
• ROUNDTABLE: Ruth Marcus of The Washington Post, Jim VandeHei of Politico and Peter Baker of The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, Jan. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT
• Colorado Pot
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- State of the Union(CNN) Gloria Borger hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET
• The latest on the Charlie Hebdo terror attack in Paris
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• Sen. John McCain, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee
• Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Dianne Feinstein.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! First show of 2015! Listen here NOW! Friday, January 9th, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 8, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: America's first high-speed rail line breaks ground in CA; Environment to lose another champion in the Senate; More tank problems one year after WV toxic chemical spill; Fracking industry causing more quakes in OH and TX; PLUS: The Golden State invests big time in the new green economy... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): George Will again gets it exactly backwards on climate change; Denmark sets world record for wind energy production; Yes, it's cold, and global warming is still real; Serengeti Strategy - how corporate interests target individual scientists; China makes it easier to sue industrial polluters; Australia is burning and climate change is to blame; Did AZ just revolutionize the utility-solar industry?... PLUS: Stop what you’re doing and watch Elizabeth Warren rip apart Keystone XL pipeline... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - January 6, 2015 WHILE WE WERE OUT: The planet had its hottest year in recorded history; EPA issued new coal rules; Vermont shut down a nuclear plant; Germany broke more renewable energy records; China announced the closure of 2000 coal mines; Republicans take over; PLUS: The planet loses another champion... All that and MUCH more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Torture Still a War Crime: KPFK 'BradCast' Guest: BRAD BLOG's Ernie Canning on his father's torture during WWII, the Japanese war crimes trials and why U.S. war criminals today need to be held accountable...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Torture Was a War Crime After WWII and Still Is Standards applied to the Japanese, who tortured the father of BRAD BLOG's Ernie Canning, help explain why the Bush Admin must still be prosecuted for war crimes...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! Presidents Are Gods Governors go to jail for financial indiscretions all the time, and yet when a President murders and/or tortures thousands, somehow accountability becomes unthinkable...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Posner's Penance: A Profile in Judicial Courage The reknowned conservative appelate court jurist who decided he was wrong about Photo ID voting restrictions has sent a very clear message to the U.S. Supreme Court...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! Why? In the wake of the horrific terror attack at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, one question few seem to be asking (or answering) comes to mind...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! Nebraska Supreme Court MAJORITY Finds Keystone XL Approval 'Unconstitutional', Allows It Anyway Bizarre state provision sends fight over controversial Canadian project back to D.C...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Not Voting IS a Vote Stop blaming those who didn't turn out. Americans did vote. By not turning out, they voted against the two major parties and against the system as a whole. It may have been a dumb vote, but it was a landslide...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 6 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: New Survey Shows Journalists Are Chilled by Surveillance Mass surveillance (and prosecutions of journalists) is causing journalists to self-censor, reports Michigan Prof. Juan Cole from PEN worldwide survey…
• 8 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: As France Responds to Terrorist Attack, Britain Considers Pre-Crime Monitoring….of Toddlers! As France reels from terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo, Britain considers monitoring toddlers for terrorist tendencies, just like “Minority Report”…
• 9 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: Power-hungry, Bloodthirsty Leaders Angle to Exploit Terrorist Attack in France French gendarmes kill 5 to end terrorist episode, and power-hungry, bloodthirsty leaders leap at chances to exploit it…….
• PBC Standard Podcast December 24, 2014 Holiday Bonus! Extended Interview with Prof. Richard Falk No Subscription Required….Happy Holidays! Here is a truly in-depth conversation with Richard Falk, Princeton Professor Emeritus in international law, who served from 2008-2014 as UN Special Rapporteur for Palestine. An acknowledged expert on international law and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, he shares his expertise and insight, and discusses his new book, Palestine: The Legacy of Hope.
• PBC Standard Podcast January 9, 2014 Activist Shahid Buttar Argues that Body Cams Won’t End Police Violence Shahid Buttar, attorney, activist, and executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, makes the provocative argument that Obama’s proposal to equip all cops with body cameras won’t solve the problems of police violence.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire
January 10, 2015 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Heather Digby Parton will tell us what we can expect from the new Republican Congressional leadership.
»» Alan Pyke from Think Progress will give us the details on the Payday loan industry’s efforts to bring back debtors’ prisons.
»» And Nahal Toosi from Politico will tell us why the top GOP presidential candidates for 2016 are already in serious trouble.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV - Sundays at NOON!
»» Guests TBA
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann Discusses the Corporate War On Solar Power by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Watch Jon Stewart Call Mitch McConnell on His B.S. That the GOP Caused Job Growth by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Bill Maher, Salman Rushdie and Others Have a Brilliant Discussion About Charlie Hebdo and Extreme Islam by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Seder: The Political Implications of the Charlie Hebdo Attack by Gary Bentley
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Don’t Be Terrorized By Terrorism by Ring of Fire - America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, and Thom Hartmann talk about the recent terrorist attack in Paris.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Religious Extremism and The Charlie Hebdo Terrorist Attack by Gary Bentley - America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, appears on The Thom Hartmann Program to discuss religious extremism within the Islamic world in regards to the terrorist attack at the headquarters of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical newspaper.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 1/5/15 The Crazies Running Against Speaker Boehner & Steve Scalise Not Resigning
• TUESDAY 1/6/15 Ari Paul: The Moment For Police Reform & Ryan Grim: GOP Follies Begin
• WEDNESDAY 1/7/15 Maria Margaronis: The Paris Terrorist Attacks & Syriza to Power in Greece?
• THURSDAY 1/8/15 Julian E. Zelizer: The Fierce Urgency of Now: the Battle for the Great Society
• FRIDAY 1/9/15 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Pete Dominick
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• EU Showdown: Greece Takes on the Vampire Squid by by Ellen Brown — Greece and the troika (the International Monetary Fund, the EU, and the European Central Bank) are in a dangerous game of chicken. The Greeks have been threatened with a “Cyprus-Style prolonged bank holiday” if they “vote wrong.” But they have been bullied for too long and are saying “no more.” A return to the polls was triggered in December, when the Parliament rejected Prime Minister Antonis Samaras’ pro-austerity candidate for president. In a general election, now set for January 25th, the EU-skeptic, anti-austerity, leftist Syriza party is likely to prevail. Syriza captured a 3% lead in the polls following mass public discontent over the harsh austerity measures Athens was forced to accept in return for a €240 billion bailout. Austerity has plunged the economy into conditions worse than in the Great Depression. As Professor Bill Black observes, the question is not why the Greek people are rising up to reject the barbarous measures but what took them so long. .........
• Savage Murder In Paris Shows Freedom, Western Societies and Economies Vulnerable by Mark O'Byrne — READ Savage Slaughter In Paris Shows West and Freedom Itself Vulnerable! (goldcore.com)
• OUTLOOK 2015 – Uncertainty, Volatility, Possible Reset, Diversify! by Mark O'Byrne — READ OUTLOOK 2015 – Uncertainty, Volatility, Possible Reset, Diversify! (goldcore.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR702] Keiser Report: (Dis-)harmony with Cash We visit Hong Kong for this episode in which they discuss disharmony in the capital markets as London properties are turned into buy to leave safe deposit boxes while Americans extract alleged equity from their subprime used cars. In the second half, Max speaks to Ken Lo, CEO of the ANX exchange about their bitcoin debit card and plans on expanding into StartCOIN and other alt-coins. They compare the regulatory situation in Hong Kong versus New York in terms of financial technology being allowed to prosper. Or not.
• KEISER REPORT [KR703] Keiser Report: ‘Shoebox’ Housing & ‘Dim Sum’ Bonds Reporting from Hong Kong, we discuss the ‘social tragedy’ of subdivided flats and the booming market for ‘dim sum’ bonds. In the second half, Max speaks to Dr Fernando Cheung Vice Chairman of the Labour Party and one of the prominent figures of.the Umbrella Movement about the protests in Hong Kong, the capital from the Mainland and the comparison to protests in America, especially places like Oakland, where Dr. Cheung, was politically active.
• KEISER REPORT [KR704] Keiser Report: China Mainland MSM Myths We back in the London studio, have brought Paul Schulte back with them from Hong Kong. Paul is an author, analyst and professor, who debunks the myths in the Western media about mainland China and how it is that Chris Patten, the former governor of Hong Kong, set in motion the problems we see today in the streets of the former British dependent territory. In the second half, Max speaks to WilliamBanzai7, the artist for the financial apocalypse now, who features on Zerohedge.com. They discuss the Umbrella Revolution and what inspires his art.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 1/08/15 Ramzy Baroud: Ramzy Baroud, an internationally-syndicated columnist and founder of PalestineChronicle.com, discusses how Mahmoud Abbas and his Palestinian Authority have lost their purpose and mandate; the legal consequences if Palestine gains membership in the International Criminal Court; and why the terrorist attack against French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo was motivated mostly by political, not religious, concerns.
• 1/05/15Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an award-winning independent journalist and historian, discusses why the Obama administration’s plan to fight the Islamic State can’t possibly succeed; and the few US presidents who could stand up to the military-industrial complex.
• 12/29/14 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses the never-ending war in Afghanistan; the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq; and Libya’s descent into another civil war.
• 1/07/15 Mitchell Prothero: Mitchell Prothero, a journalist with McClatchy Newspapers, discusses the terrorist attack in Paris targeting satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo, known for publishing cartoons insulting Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.
• 1/06/15 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a veteran CIA analyst and peace activist, discusses why its so important to rebuild a trusting relationship between President Obama and Russian President Putin; the neoconservatives pushing for a dangerous confrontation over Ukraine; and how the US media deludes Americans into believing all kinds of nonsense about world affairs.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey
• Sen John Hoeven (R-ND), a member of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
• Sen Chris Coons (D-DE), a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml