Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Mixed Bag Sunday
Sometimes it's hard to believe how much chutzpah the Poster Boy for the 1% can have, after getting bailed out by the American taxpayer when his company arguably helped crash the global economy and then got a world record fine for doing it and then got a raise to boot! YES cats and kittens, boys and girls and we in the 99% who deal with CEOs making 400x than we make and massive financial inequality (MoJo) but IT'S TRUE! Stephen Gandel at Fortune.com tells us Jamie Dimon calls regulation un-American, once again JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon still thinks the way banks are treated these days is un-American. On a conference call on Wednesday morning in which the bank reported that last year it had earned $22 billion, or roughly 240,000 times what’s in the average American’s retirement account, Jamie Dimon said that JPMorgan JPM was “under assault,” and questioned whether the increased scrutiny by regulators of banks since the financial crisis has gone too far. “In the old days, you dealt with one regulator. Now it’s five or six,” Dimon said, referring to instances when multiple regulators have sought to punish JPMorgan for the same issue. “You all should ask the question, how American that is.” .................. Dimon’s Wednesday comments came in response to a question about a new proposal from the Federal Reserve that would require JPMorgan, the biggest bank in America, to hold more capital in reserve to protect against losses, even compared to its other mega-bank rivals. The Fed has said the new proposal adjusts capital rules to account for the fact that risks at some banks are more complex than others, and maybe harder to detect. But Dimon effectively said the proposal shows that regulators still don’t get his bank. “It’s just because we’re big,” said Dimon. But regulators aren’t the only ones questioning JPMorgan’s size. Last week, rival Goldman Sachs released a report that said JPMorgan should be broken up. When asked by Fortune on Wednesday’s call whether he thought Goldman should be broken up, Dimon laughed and then offered, “No comment.” Like he has in the past, Dimon defended JPMorgan’s size. He said it makes the bank more diverse and safer, not the opposite. He also noted that many of the aspects of JPMorgan that have raised concern among regulators, like the bank’s $300 billion portfolio of so-called available for sale securities, make it safer, not riskier or more complex. “Our AFS portfolio adds to liquidity,” said Dimon. The bank’s size also seems to attract the attention of more regulators, something that Dimon thinks is unfair. But it has been a very long time since a big bank like JPMorgan would have had to deal with only one federal regulator, long before Dimon’s career began. According to bank historian John Gordan Steele, the Federal Reserve got its mandate to oversee the nation’s largest banks in 1913 (the same year that the actual J.P. Morgan died), making it the second federal regulator besides the Comptroller of the Currency. .............. Okay all you Fed Conspiracy Theorists! Whatcha gonna do? Call Ron Paul? Sue Jamie Dimon for getting you thrown out of your home? Call Matt Taibbi? Maybe your BEST BET is to TAKE OUT ALL YER MONEY from Chase Bank, JPMC and any 401K and other retirement investments you have that have JPMC in its portfolio for starters. The idea is to COLLAPSE JPMC from WITHIN, get it? If THEY don't have YER MONEY, then THEY can't bet with it! GET IT NOW?
114th CONGRESS UPDATE: It's only January and we can't even keep up! We're not gonna snip these so READ THESE IN FULL:
- ThinkProgress.org House Passes Bill To Make Everything Harder And Worse
- HuffPoAOL House Tries To Stop All New Government Rules
- 1) King Abdullah of Jordan, which last year sentenced a Palestinian journalist to 15 years in prison with hard labour
- 2) Prime Minister of Davutoglu of Turkey, which imprisons more journalists than any other country in the world
- 3) Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel, whose forced killed 7 journalists in Gaza last yr (second highest after Syria)
- 4) Foreign Minister Shoukry of Egypt, which as well as AJ staff has detained journalist Shawkan for around 500 days
- 10) The Attorney General of the US, where police in Ferguson have recently detained and assaulted WashPost reporters
- 12) Sec-Gen of NATO, who are yet to be held to account for deliberately bombing and killing 16 Serbian journos in '99
- The problem with CISPA is that in its current form it's still vague and ripe for abuse. It absolves corporations of being responsible for what happens to the data they've collected. It allows data sharing with the entire federal government, not just the parts responsible for ensuring our safety. It circumvents other laws designed to limit governmental access to private information. And it can be deployed for a wide range of perceived threats that have nothing to do with attacks on our nation's infrastructure. In that it is very much like the Patriot Act, which was allegedly written to combat terrorists but ended up being used primarily against run-of-the-mill drug dealers, money launderers, tree-huggers, and vegetarians (yes, really).
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of the TheIntercept.org "Circus of Hypocrisy": Jeremy Scahill on How World Leaders at Paris March Oppose Press Freedom
- MORE Scahill Jeremy Scahill on Paris Attacks, the al-Qaeda Link & the Secret U.S. War in Yemen
- Glenn Greenwaldco-founder of The Intercept, Lisa Stampnitzky, social studies lecturer at Harvard University & Luc Mathieu, foreign affairs reporter for the French newspaper Libération Glenn Greenwald on How to Be a Terror "Expert": Ignore Facts, Blame Muslims, Trumpet U.S. Propaganda
- MORE Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: With Calls to Spare Petraeus, Feinstein Plea Shows that Not All Leaks are Equal
- Reporters Without Borders: Program Director Lucie Morillon & Delphine Halgand, U.S. director of Reporters Without Borders Reporters Without Borders on Witnessing the Paris Massacre Aftermath & Press Freedom After Charlie
- Adotei Akwei, managing director of government relations for Amnesty International USA Massacre in Nigeria: Up to 2,000 Feared Dead in Boko Haram’s Worst Attack to Date
- Juan Gonzalez, award-winning columnist with the New York Daily News and Democracy Now! co-host After Confronting NYC Mayor, Police Union Leader Faces Mutiny of His Own from Dissident Cops
- Debra and Marc Tice Parents of Kidnapped U.S. Journalist Austin Tice on Their Struggle to Free Son from Syria Captivity
- Environmental activist Eric McDavid, his partner Jenny Esquivel, a member of the group Sacramento Prisoner Support & Ben Rosenfeld, McDavid’s lawyer Exclusive: "Eco-Terrorist" Freed 10 Years Early After Feds Withhold Evidence on Informant’s Role
- Joseph Hickman, a former Guantánamo staff sergeant & Mark Denbeaux, professor at Seton Hall University School of Law Did Gitmo "Suicides" Cover Up Murder? U.S. Sgt. Speaks Out on Deaths & Prison’s Secret CIA Site
- Diana Whitten, director of the film Vessel & Rebecca Gomperts, Dutch doctor who founded Women on Waves Women on Waves: Meet the Dutch Physician Who Defied Abortion Bans by Bringing Her Clinic to the Sea Learn more about the film at vesselthefilm.com.
- Naderev "Yeb" Sano, Philippines climate change commissioner. "Man Has Slapped Nature in the Face": Pope Francis Urges Climate Action in Philippines Visit
- Nathan Schneider, is a columnist at America magazine, a national Catholic weekly magazine published by the Jesuits Pope Francis Plea for Climate Action Revives Concept of "The Commons" to Rethink Economy & Society
- Adotei Akwei managing director of government relations for Amnesty International USA, Rona Peligal deputy director of Africa Division for Human Rights Watch & Horace Campbell professor of African American studies and political science at Syracuse University As Nigerian Massacre Evidence Grows, Questions Swirl over Collusion Between Boko Haram & Military Amnesty International USA's latest report is hose Terrible Weeks in Their Camp: Boko Haram Violence Against Women and Girls in Northeast Nigeria and Campbell's latest is The Menace of Boko Haram and Fundamentalism in Nigeria
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Patrick Cockburn: Charlie Hebdo Attack Could Benefit ISIS and Al Qaeda The attack on the Charlie Hebdo staff in Paris, January 7th, wasn't necessarily the work of a complex terrorist conspiracy, but it could still rebound to the benefit of groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda, says Middle East correspondent and author, Patrick Cockburn. It all depends on the reaction of the West. More war, he says, will breed more violent reaction.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY NFL PLAYOFFS NFC Championship Packers @ Seahwaks (FOX 3:05 pm et) THEN AFC Championship Colts @ Patriots (CBS 6:40 pm et) »»» WEDNESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Thunder @ Wizards 8:00 pm et THEN Rockets @ Warriors 10:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Spurs @ Bulls 8:00 pm et THEN Nets @ Clippers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! If Congress enacts Title X, we'll lose net neutrality forever. Comcast’s well-paid friends in Congress are looking to enact a "Title X" provision that would give the Cable industry the power to ruin the open Internet and force Internet users to pay more for less. Congress leaders are planning on starting 2015 with a bill called “Title X" that would compromise the World Wide Web by taking away the FCC’s ability to protect the open Internet and giving cable companies the power to charge for less access. This bill would be a huge betrayal to the millions of Internet users that demanded that Congress support real net neutrality. SIGN THE PETITION to Congress: "We want to keep the Internet open and free. Don't let cable companies take away our ability to create and express ourselves on the world wide web. Support real net neutrality, not fake bills like "Title X" that will poison the Internet."
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning featured in Alcatraz art exhibit AND Birthday Messages to Chelsea from Snowden, Gilliam & more public icons Dec 16, 2014. Public icons send birthday greetings and support to prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning, including: Edward Snowden, Terry Gilliam, Michael Stipe, Vivienne Westwood, Molly Crabapple, JM Coetzee, Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Slavoj Žižek, Alan Moore, Joe Sacco, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Tatchell, Billy Martin, Saul Williams..........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Charlie Hebdo Editor-in-Chief Gérard Biard
• Dan Pfeiffer, White House Senior Advisor
• ROUNDTABLE: Carol Lee, White House Correspondent, The Wall Street Journal; Robert Gibbs, Fmr. White House Press Secretary & Founding Partner, The Incite Agency; Kelly O'Donnell, NBC News Capitol Hill Correspondent; Michael Steele, Fmr. Chairman of the Republican National Committee
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Jim Sciutto hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-NC)
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee member Chris Murphy (D-CT)
• Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R)
• former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! featuring the Malloy-HeadOn chatters! Listen here NOW! Friday, January 16th, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 15, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama's big move to cut methane emissions - but there's a catch; West Virginia and the fight for science in science textbooks; Good news and bad news on sea level rise; PLUS: Car Wars - it's Tesla vs. Chevy in the race for electric cars... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): WA Gov. Jay Inslee's big green plans for his state; Booming solar jobs aiding economic recovery; Sen. Sanders forcing Republicans to go on record on climate change; Not all Republicans think alike about global warming; Fracking pollutants found in PA rivers; CA limits pesticide use on strawberries; Rooftop solar already cheaper than utility rates in some cities; Pope Francis steps up rhetoric on human-caused climate change... PLUS: The Logic of Divestment: Why We Have to Kiss Off Big Carbon Now... and much, MUCH more!
• 'Green News Report' - January 13, 2015 Keystone XL pipeline clears Nebraska court hurdle, moves to US Senate; Canada's tar sands and Arctic oil must remain in the ground, study warns; Fracking country braces for oil bust; PLUS: Denmark breaks world record for wind energy generation... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Still Asking 'Why, Charlie Hebdo?': KPFK 'BradCast' ust because we can publish material that offends millions, should we? What's the point? Callers ring in...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Torture Was a War Crime After WWII and Still Is Standards applied to the Japanese, who tortured the father of BRAD BLOG's Ernie Canning, help explain why the Bush Admin must still be prosecuted for war crimes...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Lawsuit Happy Texas Leads Nation in Carbon Emissions No wonder former state AG, now Gov.-elect Greg Abbott files so many frivilous lawsuits. He must be hoping we won't notice how filthy dirty the Lone Star State is...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! NASA, NOAA Confirm 2014 Hottest Year on Record Yet another climate change denial myth is scuttled, but here's how the fossil-fueled scammers have been getting away with their "no warming over the past decade!" hoax...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! Nebraska Supreme Court MAJORITY Finds Keystone XL Approval 'Unconstitutional', Allows It Anyway Bizarre state provision sends fight over controversial Canadian project back to D.C...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Not Voting IS a Vote Stop blaming those who didn't turn out. Americans did vote. By not turning out, they voted against the two major parties and against the system as a whole. It may have been a dumb vote, but it was a landslide...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 14 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: On Freedom of Expression, Actions Speak Louder than Words While governments and media giants pay lip service to free expression, France arrests 54 dissidents, NY Times refuses to run......
• 15 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: CIA is Above the Law, Beyond the Reach of Senate Oversight At VICE news, Jason Leopold reports on CIA’s investigation of Senate investigators who found “Panetta review” documents, triggering constitutional crisis…
• 16 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: ABC News Delivers FBI Propaganda on “Home Grown Terrorists” FBI fearmongering media blitz continues, as ABC airs “exclusive” surveillance footage from 2012 case, another idiot with FBI provocateur handler…
• PBC Standard Podcast January 9, 2014 Activist Shahid Buttar Argues that Body Cams Won’t End Police Violence Shahid Buttar, attorney, activist, and executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, makes the provocative argument that Obama's proposal to equip all cops with body cameras won't solve the problems of police violence.
• PBC Standard Podcast January 13, 2014 Former Tucson Teacher Curtis Acosta Describes Appeals Hearing on Arizona Law that Banned Minority Studies Curtis Acosta is a gifted teacher whose Latino studies program was banned by an Arizona state law, which is being challenged in federal court. He was in San Francisco for oral arguments before the US Court of Appeal for the 9th Circuit, and in this conversation, he provides the history of the case. We also hear part of the argument presented by esteemed law professor Erwin Chemerinsky.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Guests TBA
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV - Sundays at NOON! Posted on January 17, 2015 by Farron Cousins
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Howard Nations will tell us why the frontrunners for the GOP nod in 2016 are facing an uphill battle.
»» Blogger Chauncey DeVega will explain why acts of terrorism on U.S. soil are largely ignored, and sometimes even celebrated.
»» David TeSelle will tell us why Democrats are joining up with Wall Street to destroy public worker pensions.
»» And we’ll be conducting a roundtable discussion with Brendan DeMelle, Carol Linnit and Justin Mikulka about the biggest environmental issues that need more attention.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: Will Anyone Stop the TPP? by Amy Eddings - A bipartisan group of legislators is attempting to give President Obama the power to push the Trans-Pacific Partnership through Congress with no real debate on the disastrous trade agreement. Thom Hartmann sat down with Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) to discuss the TPP, it’s effects on America, and if anyone can stop it.
• Poor Little Sociopath Dimon Says Bankers are “Under Assault” by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Dupont Poisons Water for 50 Years by Gary Bentley - America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, appears on RT’s Breaking The Set with Abby Martin to talk about a federal lawsuit filed against the Dupont Corporation over the company’s poisoning of people’s drinking water.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: DuPont’s Polluted History Has Poisoned Entire Communities by Ring of Fire
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: Time to Lock Up the Lobbyists by Amy Eddings - Everyone knows that lobbyists have an extreme amount of power over our government. Thom Hartmann discusses that power and how we can keep them and check and hopefully get their dirty money out of politics.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 1/12/15 Dan Dicker: Shale Boom & Bust: the Myth of Us Oil Independence
• TUESDAY 1/13/15 Thomas Schaller: Stronghold: How Republicans Captured Congress but Surrendered the White House
• WEDNESDAY 1/14/15 Karl Widerquist: The Guaranteed Basic Income & the Libertarian Dilemna
• THURSDAY 1/15/15 Scott Horton: Lords of Secrecy: The National Security Elite and America's Stealth Warfare
• FRIDAY 1/16/15 M&M Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Manufactured Terrorism – U.S. Officials Claim Credit for Stopping Another Terror Attack Created by the FBI by Michael Krieger — The “war on terror” is the best thing to happen to power hungry politicians since a fire of questionable origin destroyed the Reichstag building in Berlin on February 27, 1933. Not only does the “war on terror” represent big business for shady crony capitalists, it gives politicians, i.e., professional authoritarians, an excuse to destroy civil liberties and implement a total surveillance system to ensure the plebs don’t get out of line. This is not just an unfortunate trend that has developed organically due to a dangerous world, these are the goals of the oligarch class and they will do whatever it takes to achieve them. This is where the “war on terror” and constant fear-mongering comes into play. There’s only one small problem. In the absence of real terror attacks in the U.S., it’s difficult to keep the stupid serfs shivering in a corner in the fetal position. Enter fake terrorist attacks;funded, created and planned by the FBI. Read the rest here......... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• Swiss National Bank Goes Nuclear- Derivative Bombs to Follow? by The Doc — A day after the Swiss National Bank SHOCKED the market by de-pegging the franc from the Euro, causing a 30% move in the CHF Thursday, Jay Taylor joins The Doc & Eric Dubin to break down all of the implications:
- Currency fluctuations could cause massive derivative bombs
- Why we’re witnessing the destruction of capitalism
- Jay explains why we may soon see carnage in the equity markets
- Hard to see a way out of this for the Central Bankers- THIS IS NOT GOING TO END WELL!
- Has the Swiss National Bank ended Central Bank PM Manipulation, and kicked off the 3rd stage of the secular PM bull?
Click here for the SD Weekly Metals & Markets With The Doc, Eric Dubin, and Jay Taylor (silverdoctors.com)
• Swiss National Bank: Masters of the Game by Janet Tavakoli — This is the Swiss National Bank’s idea of “further measures”. Read …READ more...... (tavakolistructuredfinance.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR705] Keiser Report: Siberian Camembert (ft. Ben Aris) We discuss the ‘new world order,’ same as the old world order as China resumes its place at the top of the economic heap of nations. We also ‘follow the yellow brick road’ to Weimar where the road to a so-called ‘stronger economy’ in the UK is backed by a mountain of debt. In the second half, Max interviews Ben Aris of BNE.eu about misperceptions of Russia in the Western media, the true state of the economy and the thriving industry of… Siberian camembert?
• KEISER REPORT [KR706] Keiser report: Ali-Baba Revolution (ft. Paul Schulte)We are joined by Paul Schulte for a double header. In the first half, we discuss the economic catastrophe that is the European corporate and banking sector heading into 2015 – especially for Spain, France, Italy and then Germany. In the second half, we discuss the McFarlane effect as the new chairman of Barclays could begin dismantling the behemoth. We also discuss the number one territory for fintech being . . . China!
• KEISER REPORT [R707] Keiser Report: Banksterism Coming to you from Mexico City where we find the so-called “failed state” looks a whole lot better in many regards than certain Western countries. We look at the role of the US drug war in creating the ultra-violence which has led to the headlines that caused the perception of a failed state in Mexico. In the second half, Max interviews economist and journalist Guillermo Barba about Mexico’s unallocated gold reserves at the Bank of England, the failed state question and the future of the Mexican economy.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 1/13/15 Olivia Watson: Olivia Watson, an advocacy officer with Defense for Children International-Palestine, discusses the suffering of Palestinian children in 2014 due to Israel’s war on Gaza and violation of children’s rights throughout the occupied territories.
• 1/14/15 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, a Middle East correspondent with The Independent, discusses France’s terrorism blowback resulting from their ongoing intervention in Muslim countries; and the Islamic State’s sustainability in Iraq.
• 1/15/15 Barry Lando: Barry Lando, a former 60 Minutes producer and author of Web of Deceit, discusses how the US’s diplomatic blunders helped start the Gulf War, 24 years ago today; why George H.W. Bush is responsible for the tens of thousands of Iraqis who tried to rise up and overthrow Saddam Hussein; and how the war continues to shape the Middle East, US foreign policy, and the War on Terror.
• 1/15/15 Jason Leopold: Jason Leopold, a writer for Vice News and author of News Junkie, discusses How Guantanamo Became America’s Interrogation “Battle Lab,” where prisoners were subjected to untested psychological experiments to determine “the effects of torture and the limits of the human spirit.”
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen Ron Johnson (R-WI), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
• Sen Ben Cardin (D-MD), a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
• Ted Olson, former Solicitor General
• Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml