Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
State of The World WOW! What a moving speech! We were cheering! And crying and laughing and cheering some more! Can you believe it? One for the ages! And it happened fifty one years ago. Exclusive: Newly Discovered 1964 MLK Speech on Civil Rights, Segregation & Apartheid South Africa In a Democracy Now! and Pacifica Radio Archives exclusive, we air a newly discovered recording of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. On December 7, 1964, days before he received the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, King gave a major address in London on segregation, the fight for civil rights and his support for Nelson Mandela and the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa. The speech was recorded by Saul Bernstein, who was working as the European correspondent for Pacifica Radio. Bernstein’s recording was recently discovered by Brian DeShazor, director of the Pacifica Radio Archives. If you haven't yet then do READ our award-winning essay at our BTV Special! 50th Anniversary March for Jobs and Freedom! from 2013! Tell yer peeps! GOOD ITEMS! Meanwhile the Brick TeeVee Tech Crew had to scramble to get another PC running when our beloved ten-years-old-this-month eMachines M6805 laptop running XP SP3 suffered some heat-related issues. The M6805 is on the bench while we affect repairs. However the surgery and moving files took quite a bit of time so our post will be delayed today. Speaking of the wINTEL platform.....
- How long will Microsoft support Windows 7? .....Microsoft will stop mainstream support on January 12, 2015. But the company will keep providing extended support until January 14, 2020........ You can still buy select systems with Windows 7 Professional pre-loaded from vendors like New Egg and Tiger Direct and others. We're partial to this HP ProBook 655 G1 (F2R12UT#ABA) Notebook AMD A-Series A8-5550M to replace the M6805! Get yers now!
- Windows Server 2003 support is ending July 14, 2015 The Brick TeeVee Tech Crew is moving our servers to a virtual environmnet. If yer still on any version of Server 2003 it's time to move! If you need help with your transition leave a comments below! FREE ADVICE from yer Brick TeeVee Tech Crew!
- Windows 10: The Next Chapter (microsoft.com) AND Microsoft’s Windows 10 is here: 7 major features you need to know @ TECH2 (tech.firstpost.com)
- Emily Atkin at Climate Progress Republicans Post Doctored Version Of State Of The Union, Censor Facts On Climate Change
- Brendan Fischer at PRWatch.org Koch Party Delivers SOTU Response
- Lisa Graves and Ralph Nader on Democracy NOW! On 5th Anniversary of Citizens United, GOP Taps Koch Brothers-Backed Senator to Give SOTU Response
- Nomi Prins Uprising Wed Jan 21 2015 – Nomi Prins Dissects Obama’s SOTU "Nomi Prins comments on President Obama’s 6th State of the Union. "
- Dan Froomkin at The Intercept Obama’s Cyber Proposals Sound Good, But Erode Information Security
- Bill Boyarsky at TruthDig.com State of the Union: Bright Ideas, Dim Future
- Michael Winship at ConsortiumNews.com Obama’s Modest Proposals
- Glenn Greenwald@Ggreenwald 1h1 hour ago Next on CNN: Was the dearly departed King Abdullah more like MLK or Gandhi? Our panel remembers this beloved figured of peace and reform.
- Channel 4 News@channel4news 2h2 hours ago IMF chief @lagarde hails Saudi King Abdullah a 'strong advocate of women' - watch bit.ly/1CXrdoU #c4news (Ref: TheGuardian.com Lagarde calls King Abdullah ‘advocate of women’ - despite ban on driving Human rights campaigners said his reign brought marginal advances for women but failed to secure fundamental rights)
- Aaron Bady@zunguzungu 31m31 minutes ago The king is dead, so let's take a break from slowly beating a blogger to death for being a liberal. www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/22/flogging-saudi-blogger-raif-badawi-postponed …
- . . . First I will speak of regret. Like nearly all federal defendants, I hope to convince Your Honor that I sincerely regret some of the things that I have done. I don’t think anyone doubts that I regret quite a bit about my life including some of the things that brought me here today. Your Honor has the Acceptance of Responsibility document that my counsel submitted to you. Every word of it was sincere. The videos were idiotic, and although I made them in a manic state brought on by sudden withdrawal from Paxil and Suboxone, and while distraught over the threats to prosecute my mother, that’s still me in those YouTube clips talking nonsense about how the FBI would never take me alive. . . . .
- Glenn Greenwald at The Intercept How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations
- Laura Poitras, Marcel Rosenbach, Fidelius Schmid, Holger Stark and Jonathan Stock at Der Speigel Cover Story: How the NSA Targets Germany and Europe Snowden Docs Reveal U.S.-Led "Digital Arms Race" - Top secret documents detail the mass scope of efforts by the United States to spy on Germany and Europe. Each month, the NSA monitors a half a billion communications and EU buildings are bugged. The scandal poses a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
- James Ball at TheGuardian.com GCHQ captured emails of journalists from top international media GCHQ’s bulk surveillance of electronic communications has scooped up emails to and from journalists working for some of the US and UK’s largest media organisations, analysis of documents released by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.
Emails from the BBC, Reuters, the Guardian, the New York Times, Le Monde, the Sun, NBC and the Washington Post were saved by GCHQ and shared on the agency’s intranet as part of a test exercise by the signals intelligence agency.
- Ben Mathis-Lilley at Slate.com Argentine President Suggests Prosecutor Was Manipulated, Murdered by Spies Argentine prosecutor Alberto Nisman was found dead of a gunshot wound last Sunday after accusing President Christina Kirchner’s government of covering up Irans involvement in a 1994 terrorist bombing. Kirchner’s administration has denied the allegations, and some of her allies initially suggested Nisman had committed suicide. Retaliatory murder was also an obvious possibility given Nisman’s high-stakes charges against powerful figures.
- Nafeez Ahmed at Medium.com How the CIA made Google
- Thomas Escritt and Anthony Deutsch at Reuters.com ICC opens investigation into Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Sravanth Verma at DigitalJournal.com NASA confirms 2014 was hottest year on record
- Uprising with Sonali interview with Snorkel Bob Wintner Reef Libre: An In-Depth Look at Cuban Exceptionalism and the Last, Best Reefs in the World
- STOP TPP at Citizen.org Email Your Representative to Oppose ‘Fast Track’ It’s do or die now. Stopping Fast Track is how we save ourselves from top-secret trade deals that make it easier for corporations to offshore our jobs and undermine our wages by forcing Americans to compete with workers in Vietnam making 56 cents an hour.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY EXCLUSIVE! Exclusive: Newly Discovered 1964 MLK Speech on Civil Rights, Segregation & Apartheid South Africa In a Democracy Now! and Pacifica Radio Archives exclusive, we air a newly discovered recording of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. On December 7, 1964, days before he received the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, King gave a major address in London on segregation, the fight for civil rights and his support for Nelson Mandela and the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa. The speech was recorded by Saul Bernstein, who was working as the European correspondent for Pacifica Radio. Bernstein’s recording was recently discovered by Brian DeShazor, director of the Pacifica Radio Archives.
- MORE Scahill As Fox News Apologizes, Jeremy Scahill on Fake "Terror Experts" & Challenges of Real War Reporting
- Iona Craig, a journalist who has reported from Yemen for years and until recently was its last accredited foreign reporter; and Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of the The Intercept A Coup in Yemen? Jeremy Scahill & Iona Craig on Rebel Offensive to Seize Power, Saudi Role & AQAP
- MORE Scahill As Fox News Apologizes, Jeremy Scahill on Fake "Terror Experts" & Challenges of Real War Reporting
- Rigoberta Menchú, awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1992 & Pamela Yates, partner at Skylight Pictures, a documentary film and digital media company that focuses on human rights and social justice stories Prosecuting Guatemala’s Dirty War: Rigoberta Menchú Hails Embassy Fire Verdict, Dictator’s Trial
- Phyllis Bennis, fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies Phyllis Bennis: As Obama Hails "Turning Page" on Wars, U.S. Drone Strikes Continue Across Globe
- Rep. Keith Ellison, D-MN co-chairman of the House Progressive Caucus Rep. Keith Ellison on Obama’s Push to Sign TPP & Seek Authority to Expand War in Iraq & Syria
- Ralph Nader Ralph Nader on What was Missing in President Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Columnist for Tax Analysts and Al Jazeera America David Cay Johnston David Cay Johnston: Class War Is Being Waged by the Rich Against the Poor
- PublicCitizen.org's Lisa Graves & Ralph Nader On 5th Anniversary of Citizens United, GOP Taps Koch Brothers-Backed Senator to Give SOTU Responsey
- Mohamedou Ould Slahi’s lawyer, Nancy Hollander; book editor, Larry Siems; and Col. Morris Davis, the former chief military prosecutor at Guantánamo Bay Inside the U.S. Torture Chambers: Prisoner’s Guantánamo Diary Details 12 Years of Abuse, Terror
- Jennifer Robinson, Australian human rights lawyer and director of legal advocacy for the Bertha Foundation & Alex Kelly, a social justice filmmaker "Guantánamo of the Pacific": Australian Asylum Seekers Wage Hunger Strike at Offshore Detention Site
- Iona Craig, journalist who was based in Sana’a for four years as the Yemen correspondent for The Times of Londo Hailed as U.S. Counterterrorism Model in Middle East, Yemen Teeters on the Brink of Collapse
- Toby Jones, associate professor of history and director of Middle Eastern studies at Rutgers University Remembering Saudi’s King Abdullah: "He Was Not a Benevolent Dictator, He Was a Dictator"
- Vince Warren, executive director of the Center for Constitutional Rights "A Systemic Failure": New Calls for Reform as Feds Rule Out Civil Rights Charges for Darren Wilson
- Kevin Gallagher, director of Free Barrett Brown Barrett Brown Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison After Reporting on Hacked Private Intelligence Firms
- Robert MacLean, former air marshal with the Transportation Security Administration & Neal Katyal, former acting solicitor general In Victory for Gov’t Whistleblowers, Supreme Court Sides with Fired TSA Air Marshal Who Spoke Out
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Do Elections Matter? Chuck Pennacchio and Syriza Activist Yiannis Bournous What is the fallout from Obamacare on the movement for universal healthcare, and is there any hope for change in the US electoral system? Chuck Pennacchio, Executive Director of Health Care 4 All Pennsylvania and founder of Citizen Solutions for Pennsylvania. And Yiannis Bournous, a leader of the Greek leftist political party Syriza, which is poised to win the January 25 elections.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY NFL Championship The Seattle Seahwaks face the New England Patriots NEXT WEEK on NBC! »»» SUNDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on ABC Heat @ Bulls 1:00 pm et THEN Thunder @ CAVS 3:30 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Nets @ Hawks 8:00 pm et THEN Wizards @ Suns 10:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Nuggets @ Grizzlies 8:00 pm et THEN Bulls @ Lakers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! If Congress enacts Title X, we'll lose net neutrality forever. Comcast’s well-paid friends in Congress are looking to enact a "Title X" provision that would give the Cable industry the power to ruin the open Internet and force Internet users to pay more for less. Congress leaders are planning on starting 2015 with a bill called “Title X" that would compromise the World Wide Web by taking away the FCC’s ability to protect the open Internet and giving cable companies the power to charge for less access. This bill would be a huge betrayal to the millions of Internet users that demanded that Congress support real net neutrality. SIGN THE PETITION to Congress: "We want to keep the Internet open and free. Don't let cable companies take away our ability to create and express ourselves on the world wide web. Support real net neutrality, not fake bills like "Title X" that will poison the Internet."
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning featured in Alcatraz art exhibit AND Birthday Messages to Chelsea from Snowden, Gilliam & more public icons Dec 16, 2014. Public icons send birthday greetings and support to prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning, including: Edward Snowden, Terry Gilliam, Michael Stipe, Vivienne Westwood, Molly Crabapple, JM Coetzee, Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Slavoj Žižek, Alan Moore, Joe Sacco, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Tatchell, Billy Martin, Saul Williams..........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R)
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Republican strategist Sara Fagen, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, and ABC News’ Cokie Roberts.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• White House chief of staff Denis McDonough
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• DEFLATEGATE: Jarrett Bell of USA Today
• ROUNDTABLE: Susan Page of USA Today, Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, Michael Crowley of Politico, Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Republican Leaders: Boehner and McConnell respond to Obama
• The Cleveland Division: Bad Cleveland cops need to be weeded out, police chief says
• Li Na: Lesley Stahl profiles the great Chinese tennis champion who stood up to her country's stringent sports system
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Denis McDonough White House Chief of Staff
• Fmr. Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
• ROUNDTABLE: Hugh Hewitt, Host, "The Hugh Hewitt Show"; Helene Cooper, Pentagon Correspondent, The New York Times; Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Baltimore, Maryland; Tom Brokaw, NBC News Special Correspondent
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN's Michael Smerconish hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• House Intelligence Committee member Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)
• former Republican presidential candidate and U.S. ambassador Jon Huntsman
• Former and possible future Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum (R-PA)
• Two Iraq war veterans Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) and Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ)
• Winston Churchill's grandson Sir Nicholas Soames
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday!! Uber pope/imam/rabii Bob dissects the latest on the Religious Wrong!! Listen here NOW! Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 22, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: President Obama's State of the Union focuses on climate change; Republicans' sneaky move to give the Keystone XL pipeline a new name; Yellowstone River pipeline spill spews oil and cancer-causing benzene; PLUS: Yes, Republicans vote climate change is not a hoax --- but there's a catch... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Global nuclear decommissioning costs spiral; Good news: India's tiger population rebounds; What's the best way to drill for oil in a mostly untouched Alaskan tundra? Feds disagree; Organic farmers say pesticide drift contaminates and kills; US research labs lets livestock suffer in quest for profit; NM county's fracking ban struck down; Cutbacks in the Oil Patch... PLUS: VIDEO: “..a Bloodbath”: Efficiency, Renewables and Smart Grid will Kill Old Energy... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - January 20, 2015 Confirmed. Again. NASA and NOAA find 2014 breaks record for hottest year; More new studies warn human impacts threaten our life support systems; PLUS: 'A glimmer of hopefulness in all this'... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! The Progressive State of the Union: KPFK 'BradCast' Deconstructing Obama's SOTU and the GOP response, with our special in-studio roundtable, including: Heather 'Digby' Parton, David Dayen of Salon, John Amato of Crooks & Liars...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! NASA, NOAA Confirm 2014 Hottest Year on Record Yet another climate change denial myth is scuttled, but here's how the fossil-fueled scammers have been getting away with their "no warming over the past decade!" hoax...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Cluster of Studies Warn of Planetary Peril New group of scientific reports find humanity rushing to brink of survivable limits, advise swift action needed to change course...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Only 41% Support Keystone XL, But... That's the good news. The not-as-good news is more surprising, though perhaps we shouldn't be surprised at all by it by now. (Or by the latest pipeline spill in Montana)...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Did John Roberts 'Stack the Deck' for SCOTUS Marriage Equality Cases? The Court's agreement to hear challenges to state bans on same-sex marriage includes some 'unusual' questions...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! St. Louis County Election Director Forced Out Of Office Official who ignored pre-election warnings, obtained exclusively by BRAD BLOG, about likely paper ballot shortages last November, is unanimously ousted by Election Board...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Not Voting IS a Vote Stop blaming those who didn't turn out. Americans did vote. By not turning out, they voted against the two major parties and against the system as a whole. It may have been a dumb vote, but it was a landslide...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 20 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: Der Speigel Reveals Massive US Cyber Offense SchemesAs Obama talks cyber defense in State of Union, Der Speigel reveals NSA’s massive, offensive cyberwarfare schemes, from Snowden files…..
• 21 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: CIA, New GOP Leaders Work to Squelch “Panetta Review” of Torture CIA continues efforts to 86 “Panetta Review” of torture, as new GOP Intel chair attempts to retrieve Feinstein report copies….
• 23 Jan 2015 PBC News & Comment: Saudi Crown Passed as Yemen, Libya Descend into Greater Chaos Change of the Guard in House of Saud, as Yemen and Libya Descend to Chaos, and Netanyahu Runs Against Obama…..
• PBC Standard Podcast January 9, 2014 Activist Shahid Buttar Argues that Body Cams Won’t End Police Violence Shahid Buttar, attorney, activist, and executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, makes the provocative argument that Obama's proposal to equip all cops with body cameras won't solve the problems of police violence.
• PBC Standard Podcast January 23, 2014 Investigative Reporter Jason Leopold Recaps Big Stories on Fight Over Torture Report, Guantanamo Murders, more Jason Leopold of VICE News is back to recap his big recent stories on GOP moves to block release of torture report and Panetta review; Joseph Hickman's account of the deaths of 3 Gitmo prisoners, and more.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern. Posted on January 23, 2015 by Farron Cousins
»» Senator Bernie Sanders will tell us about his ongoing fight to make sure that the middle class gets fair treatment and representation in Washington.
»» Author and filmmaker Goldie Taylor will give us her analysis of President Obama’s State of the Union Address.
»» And Ben Beachy from Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch will give us an update on the status of the Trans Pacific Partnership.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV - Sundays at NOON!
»» Guests TBA
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Plot Thickens in the Dershowitz-Epstein Story by Gary Bentley - The Jeffrey Epstein / Alan Dershowitz child sex scandal has mainly fallen through the cracks of mainstream media’s attention, but the story has the potential to become the Bill Cosby scandal on steroids. America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, discusses the case with Thom Hartmann.
• Poor Little Sociopath Dimon Says Bankers are “Under Assault” by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Pap and Sam Dissect The State of the Union by Gary Bentley - Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder take a closer look at President Obama’s State of the Union speech.
• VIDEO! Stewart Brutalizes Fox by Justin Lane - Jon Stewart was shocked by recent actions of Fox News. It takes a lot to shock Stewart but Fox News did it with its recent claims that parts of France and England are occupied by radical Muslim forces and non-Muslims simply do not go into those zones.
• VIDEO! Maher’s Buyer’s Guide for Billionaires: Buy a Politician CHEAP. by Justin Lane - In order to help the rest of us understand what in the heck the GOP is up to, the Republican National Committee needs to tell us all which Republicans aren’t running in 2016, says Bill Maher. Not only that, but someone has to help the billionaire donors that these potential candidates are clamoring over themselves to please need help in deciding which candidate is best for them. So Bill Maher put together a buyer’s guide to the GOP 2016 presidential hopefuls.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 1/19/15 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• TUESDAY 1/20/15 Ray Raphael: Founding And Constitutional Myths: Stories That Hide Our Patriotic Past
• WEDNESDAY 1/21/15 Sen. Bernie Sanders, Adam Green & Charles Pierce: the Progressive Response to the SOTU
• THURSDAY 1/22/15 Johann Hari: Chasing The Scream: the Story of the Drug War You Never Heard Before
• FRIDAY 1/23/15 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & David Cross In Studio
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• VIDEO! Gold Surges As ECB To Print Trillion Euros and ‘Grexit’ Election Sunday by Mark O'Byrne — Stocks, bonds and precious metals surged yesterday as markets cheered the latest wave of money printing on a grand scale. Gold surged 3 per cent in euro terms (see chart below) after Mario Draghi in the ECB announced a massive quantitative easing or QE programme of over EUR 1 trillion from March 2015 to September 2016. The QE programme is even larger than expected at €60 billion every month rather than the €50 billion that had been expected. The euro fell another 0.9 per cent against the dollar and sterling terms also. .....
• #KingAbdullah by Stacy Herbert — The hypocrisy is full blown today on death of King Abdullah, being hailed today by our elected and unelected leaders as some sort of great man: ....................
• Oil Dinosaurs Face Extinction: State Oil Companies and the Meteor-Strike of Low Oil Prices by Charles Hugh Smith — State-owned oil companies that don’t slash expenses to align with revenues and boost critical investment in the infrastructure needed to maintain production will suffer financial extinction. Domestic and international energy companies are responding to the 50% decline in the price of oil by doing what’s necessary to remain in business: they’re slashing payroll, postponing capital investments, delaying new projects and soliciting price cuts from suppliers and subcontractors. This is the discipline of profit-driven capitalism: if expenses exceed revenues, profits vanish, losses pile up, capital contracts and eventually the company runs out of cash (and access to credit) and closes down. Unfortunately for state-owned oil companies, the feedback of expenses, losses and access to credit are superceded by the need to feed hordes of parasites: the state-owned company exists not to generate profits but to fund large payrolls and support state officials and cronies.................
• VIDEO! Douglas Murray Defends Free Speech to Those Who Question Why You Exercise Your Right by Janet Tavakoli — British journalist Douglas Murray provides a brilliant example of how to push back against a perverse narrative, after the Paris murders of journalists (and subsequent to this interview, Jews) by fundamentalist Muslims. ...... (tavakolistructuredfinance.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR708] Keiser Report: Mexico – Land of Opportunity We discuss Aristotle trending, lands of opportunity and GM hiring. In the second half, Max interviews philosopher and television presenter, Pablo Boullosa, about the state of the Mexican economy and society and how to solve the ever-increasing drug violence.
• KEISER REPORT [KR709] Keiser Report: US vs China. Battle for Latin America We discuss China’s $250 billion for Latin America forcing America’s ‘positive’ hand in the region. Meanwhile, back in China, ‘amateur hour’ reigns as the small cap index soars as dilettante investors believe lower stock prices mean less risk. In the second half, Max interviews financial journalist, publisher and presenter, Sergio Sarmiento, about the Mexican economy, corruption and the failed state.
• KEISER REPORT [KR710] Keiser Report: Markets Mind Carnage We discuss mind carnage in the markets as price discovery goes astray due to market intervention, and the rise of vigilante groups around the world looking for Rolex watch and Gucci belt wearing politicians. In the second half, Max interviews businessman, radio show host and anarchist, Jeff Berwick, about becoming a taxpayer, living in Mexico as a tourist and the ending of the drug wars.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 1/21/15 William Hartung: William Hartung, Director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy, discusses the extensive list of problems with the “overpriced, underperforming and unnecessary” F-35 combat aircraft.
• 1/22/15 Peter Van Buren: Peter Van Buren, author of We Meant Well and a frequent TomDispatch contributor, discusses how the US military-industrial complex profits from resupplying Iraq’s army with equipment that is too expensive to maintain and of little operational utility – essentially corporate welfare for General Dynamics, producer of M1 tanks.
• 1/14/15 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, a Middle East correspondent with The Independent, discusses France’s terrorism blowback resulting from their ongoing intervention in Muslim countries; and the Islamic State’s sustainability in Iraq.
• 1/22/15 Douglas Lucas: Douglas Lucas, a writer at WhoWhatWhy.org, discusses “hacktivist” journalist Barrett Brown’s sentencing hearing, that could get him 8 1/2 years in prison for violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act among other questionable charges.
• 1/23/15 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, journalist and author of American Raj, discusses Charlie Hebdo and the free speech double standard; French President Hollande’s popularity-gaining (and blowback-generating) invasions all over the Muslim world; and what comes after the death of Saudi King Abdullah.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Ohio Governor John Kasich (R)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml