Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Welcome to 2015! If you thought 2014 was rough hold on to your seats! With the pro-corporate 114th Congress and a pliable pro-corporatist at the helm of The United States things will get much worse for the 99% while the Lame Stream Media will tell you some sycophantic rant about how Everything is Just Fine despite the avalanche of bad news from police arming-up and more protests to evil trade deals that potentially will make the U.S. and the EU on par with third world countries while the planet continues to burn and countless biospheres, microbial, plant and animal species disappear. As we transition from the 113th Congress Produces 22% of “Do-Nothing” 1947-1948 Counterpart to the newly-elected (by only about 20% of voters nationwide on average) GOPher-controlled 114th Congress we predict more crazy corporate-friendly legislation and the umpteenth challenge to The Affordable Health Care Act plus gutting any and all regulation authority to every department from the EPA to the SEC and more. We're not sure why these peeps are so hell-bent on destroying their constituents' lives and The Planet Earth (except for their 1% financial backers) except for GREED of MONEY. What we DO KNOW is that they are on a mission NOT for the Greater Good and perserving The GLOBAL Commons (earth, water, air) for We Da Peeps BUT to give handouts to their corporate polluters in any and every which way possible. Brick TeeVee will continue to bring you the most pertinent stories of 2015 and try to urge you to ACTION! Progressives need to start NOW to get candidates on ballots for the 2016 Elections - we have precious little time - so we peeps have something to VOTE FOR. The 2014 midterm election was an abberation: there's WAY MORE OF US than there is of THEM (Reference Ralph Nader's UNSTOPPABLE). Regardless of who are the presidential candidates it is VITALLY IMPORTANT we get PROGRESSIVE candidates on down-ticket races. The 2004 Election had a 70%+ turnout and back then it was EVANGELICALS (and OH SoS Ken Blackwell) who decided the election. Ten years later WE NOW have the upper hand and according to Nader BIG majorites across ideologies are OPPOSED to the corporate staus-quo agenda. The 2016 Republican National Convention Circle Jerk will be in our backyard. We at the Brick TeeVee Compound are working with groups to get a website going to help direct protesters to housing and events as they become available. Your work needs to START NOW and as we move through 2015 you will see just how DESTRUCTIVE and OUTRIGHT MEAN the GOPhers really are. You might even find some tea-bag right-wingers in your social circles and neighborhoods who may be swayed over to some common-sense thinking. Knock on some doors, make some flyers up, engage peeps and you'll find some unexpected allies. It all starts with US & YOU! RIGHT NOW. You'll be mildly surprised with the reaction once you start! Be sure to look up all your local orgs to help get started cuz they've been at it for some time too! OR even INFILTRATE the teabag groups with INFO and TRUTH they've not seen! Blow their minds! Then TAKE OVER! YOU CAN DO THIS. WE CAN DO THIS. Let's get busy!
CASE IN POINT: The PEW Research Center outlines what we've know for years: America’s wealth gap between middle-income and upper-income families is widest on record A new Pew Research Center analysis of wealth finds the gap between America’s upper-income and middle-income families has reached its highest level on record. In 2013, the median wealth of the nation’s upper-income families ($639,400) was nearly seven times the median wealth of middle-income families ($96,500), the widest wealth gap seen in 30 years when the Federal Reserve began collecting these data. In addition, America’s upper-income families have a median net worth that is nearly 70 times that of the country’s lower-income families, also the widest wealth gap between these families in 30 years.
1. The Corporations. As schools and local governments are going broke around the country, companies who built their businesses with American research and education and technology and infrastructure are paying less in taxes than ever before. Incredibly, over half of U.S. corporate foreign profits are now being held in tax havens, double the share of just twenty years ago. Corporations are stealing from the nation that made them rich.Corporations are stealing from the nation that made them rich. There are many examples of greed among individual firms. Based largely on 2014 SEC documents submitted by the companies themselves:
- ---Exxon has almost 80% of its productive oil and gas wells in the U.S. but declared only 17% of its income here. The company used a theoretical tax to account for 83% of last year's income tax bill, and paid less than 2% of its total income in current U.S. taxes.
- ---Chevron has about 75% of its oil and gas wells and almost 90% of its pipeline mileage in the United States, yet the company claimed only 13% of last year's income in the U.S., and paid almost nothing (less than 1/10 of 1%) in current U.S. taxes.
- ------Pfizer had 40% of last year's sales in the U.S., but claimed losses in the U.S. and $17 billion in profits overseas.
- Under the bill, trustees would be enabled to cut pension benefits to current retirees, reversing a 40-year bond with workers who earned their retirement packages.
- Under ERISA, the 1974 law governing pensions in the private sector, benefits already earned by a worker can’t be cut.
- [The] measure included in Congress’s mammoth spending bill permits benefit cuts for retirees in one type of pension plan, a big shift that lawmakers and others believe could set a precedent for other troubled retirement programs. Lawmakers and experts, while divided over the merits of the change, largely agreed that it could well be the first of many.
- “is letting the genie out of the bottle. Once it becomes legal to cut accrued benefits, then it’s a different world. It’s really precedent-making change. [While not opposed to giving trustees flexibility, she said] “It needs to be applied very, very judiciously.”
- “Solutions not Bailouts”
- While Congress responded to the 2008 financial crisis by rescuing the banking industry with an $700 billion bailout [and that’s only TARP!], there’s no rescue on the way for retirees. Lawmakers are offering no bailout to close multiemployer plans’ aggregate $42 billion deficit.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Matthieu Aikins, journalist based in Kabul & Kathy Kelly, co-coordinator of Voices for Creative Nonviolence The Afghan War is Not Over: U.S. Ends 13-Year Combat Mission, But 10,000+ Troops Continue the Fight Matthieu Aikins' recent report for Rolling Stone magazine is "Afghanistan: The Making of a Narco State."
- Kathy Kelly Peace Activist Kathy Kelly Heads to Prison for Protesting U.S. Drone War
- Matthieu Aikins The Worst Narco-State in History? After 13-Year War, Afghanistan’s Opium Trade Floods the Globe
- Adhyl Polanco, officer with the New York City Police Department since 2005 NYPD Officer Speaks Out on Fellow Cops Who Turned Backs to Mayor & Why People of Color Fear Police
- Philip Balboni, president and CEO of GlobalPost, Gary Noesner, former chief of the FBI’s Crisis Negotiation Unit & and Sarah Shourd, who was was held prisoner by Iran for 410 days As American Captives Die While Others Walk Free, Is U.S. Hostage Policy Costing Citizens’ Lives?
- Stanley Cohen, longtime human rights attorney Did the U.S. Abandon an American Hostage in Syria? Inside the Secret Bid to Free Peter Kassig
- Austen Ivereigh, a British writer, commentator and co-founder of Catholic Voices Pope Francis Calls for Action on Climate Change & Capitalism on a Planet "Exploited by Human Greed"
- More Austen Ivereigh "The Great Reformer": Pope Francis Biographer on How Pontiff Became Star Diplomat & Voice for Change
- Climate activist and author Bill McKibben At End of Warmest Year on Record, "Alternative Nobel" Winner Bill McKibben Urges Action on Climate We play an excerpt of McKibben’s speech earlier this month in Stockholm, Sweden, where he received the Right Livelihood Award, known as the alternative Nobel Prize.
- Matt Taibbi, award-winning journalist with Rolling Stone magazine & Alayne Fleischmann, JPMorgan Chase whistleblower Matt Taibbi and "The $9 Billion Witness" Who Exposed How JPMorgan Chase Helped Wreck the Economy
- MORE Matt Taibbi Russell Brand on Revolution, Fighting Inequality, Addiction, Militarized Police & Noam Chomsky
- Julian Assange, founder and editor-in-chief of WikiLeaks Exclusive: Julian Assange on "When Google Met WikiLeaks" While He was Under House Arrest
- Russell Brand, British comedian, actor, radio host, author and activist Who Goes to Jail? Matt Taibbi on "The Divide: American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap"
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Freedom Dreaming & Liberation: Robin D.G. Kelley Is there a connection between Communists in Alabama during the great depression, jazz great Thelonious Monk, and Apartheid in Palestine? This week's guest, author and historian Robin D.G. Kelley has written about all three, and much more......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NFL PLAYOFFS CBS Bengals @ Colts 1:00 pm et; then FOX Lions @ Cowboys 4:40 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Rockets @ CAVS 7:00 pm et THEN Suns @ Timberwolves 9:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Rockets @ Knicks 8:00 pm et THEN Heat @ Trailblazers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality The FCC is considering a new plan that has the same big problems we’ve been protesting against all year. Tell the agency we’ll accept nothing less than REAL Net Neutrality. Just how bad is it? This new proposal: • Would allow broadband providers to cut specialized deals with companies to reach Internet users. • Still gives us slow lanes and gives users no real protection against discrimination from Internet service providers. • Rests on shaky legal arguments that won’t stand up in court. This isn't what millions of us have been fighting for. SIGN NOW at Tell Chairman Wheeler: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality at freepress.net NOW.
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! ACLU honors Chelsea on her birthday AND Birthday Messages to Chelsea from Snowden, Gilliam & more public icons Dec 16, 2014. Public icons send birthday greetings and support to prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning, including: Edward Snowden, Terry Gilliam, Michael Stipe, Vivienne Westwood, Molly Crabapple, JM Coetzee, Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Slavoj Žižek, Alan Moore, Joe Sacco, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Tatchell, Billy Martin, Saul Williams..........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• The latest breaking details on the AirAsia Flight QZ 8501 disaster and recovery effort
• incoming members of Congress already making waves, with Sen.-elect Ben Sasse, R-Neb., Sen.-elect Thom Tillis, R-N.C., and Rep.-elect Mia Love, R-Utah.
• ROUNDTABLE: Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren, television and radio host Tavis Smiley, national political reporter for the Washington Post Robert Costa and CNN Contributor Margaret Hoover.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.)
• Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.)
• Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
• Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.)
• ROUNDTABLE: David Ignatius of the Washington Post, Gwen Ifill of PBS, Susan Page of USA Today, and Dan Balz of the Washington Post.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Sunday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Ending America's Longest War - Deadline for troop withdrawal from Afghanistan may need to be "re-examined," says Ashraf Ghani in his first interview for U.S. television as president
• Alive and Kickin' - Lesley Stahl reports on a new show in Harlem with a cast of singers ages 55 and up
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
• Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
• NBC Correspondent Richard Engel - permanent state of war
• retired Gen. Daniel Bolger and Sarah Chayes
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington, DC's new mayor Muriel Bowser, Metropolitan Police Department Chief of Police Cathy Lanier, and Kaya Henderson, the Chancellor of DC Public Schools.
• ROUNDTABLE II: Buzzfeed News' John Stanton, Yahoo's Matt Bai, New York Times' Helene Cooper and NBC News' Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union(CNN) Dana Bash hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET
• Congressman Joseph Crowley and former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee's top Democrat Robert Menendez.
• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
• Congressman Steve Israel
• ROUNDTABLE: Congresswomen-elect Barbara Comstock and Debbie Dingell join Sen. Roger Wicker for a conversation about Congress in 2015
• Candy bids CNN farewell
• A salute to Candy Crowley
• Candy Crowley: 27 amazing years at CNN
• CNNers say goodbye as Candy leaves CNN
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! First show of 2015! Listen here NOW! Friday, January 2nd, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 23, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 2014 on track for hottest year on record; Washington state governor proposes a carbon cap and trade system; Plastic trash pollution in the oceans worse than previously known; PLUS: Innovative solar energy breakthrough out of Australia... All that and more in our last Green News Report of the year! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA issues new rules for toxic coal ash waste; Measuring the true cost of coal; Insane impacts of factory farming; NDAA giveaways include increasing fracking on public lands; US power grid needs $2.1 trillion investment; Texas weakens chemical exposure guidelines; Most U.S. coastal cities to see 'nuisance flooding'; Autism again linked to air pollution exposure in pregnancy... PLUS: What Might Have Been - Al Gore on climate change in 1983... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! The 'Very Special BradCast Holiday Special' Returns Join The 'BradCast' Radio Theatre Players for some of our favorite episodes from the 1930s & 40s in what is now, officially, a beloved annual holiday tradition for two years running!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Torture Was a War Crime After WWII and Still Is Standards applied to the Japanese, who tortured the father of BRAD BLOG's Ernie Canning, help explain why the Bush Admin must still be prosecuted for war crimes...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Not Voting IS a Vote Stop blaming those who didn't turn out. Americans did vote. By not turning out, they voted against the two major parties and against the system as a whole. It may have been a dumb vote, but it was a landslide...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! 'A Terrible Idea': E-Voting, E-Counting, 'Open Source' and Internet Voting Computerphile's Tom Scott understands and explains what too many -- even most opponents of 'e-voting' -- don't fully appreciate..
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bloomberg Editors Refuse to Correct Inaccurate, Misleading Photo ID Editorial Read the 'mind-boggling' responses to BRAD BLOG's emailed explanation of blatant errors and inaccuracies in Francis Barry's op-ed..
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 19 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: Gov. Siegelman Will Not Be Home for the Holidays New judge denies release to former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, and Siegelman supporter provides details on Monday’s court hearing…
• 22 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: Former NSA Technical Director Bill Binney Comments on Sony Hack Binney says NSA finds vulnerabilities in corporate security, software, but doesn’t alert companies or consumers so it can exploit weaknesses…
• 23 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: The Questions Corporate Media Never Ask Obama In our final 2014 News & Comment podcast, we list critical questions that weren’t asked at Obama’s last press conference…..
• PBC Standard Podcast December 24, 2014 Holiday Bonus! Extended Interview with Prof. Richard Falk No Subscription Required….Happy Holidays! Here is a truly in-depth conversation with Richard Falk, Princeton Professor Emeritus in international law, who served from 2008-2014 as UN Special Rapporteur for Palestine. An acknowledged expert on international law and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, he shares his expertise and insight, and discusses his new book, Palestine: The Legacy of Hope.
• PBC Standard Podcast December 19, 2014 Law Professor Marjorie Cohn Talks About Obama’s Expanded Use of Armed Drones Marjorie Cohn, San Diego law professor and past president of the National Lawyers Guild, talks about her new book, Drones and Targeted Killing: Legal, Moral and Geopolitical Issues.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Guests TBA
• This Week on Ring of Fire January 3, 2015 - Sundays at NOON!
»» Former CIA attorney John Rizzo will be here to tell us about some of the most secretive activities of our federal government.
»» Simon Lazarus from the Constitutional Accountability Center will discuss the legal challenges to the Affordable Care Act.
»» And Ethan Rome from Health Care for America Now will tell us how trade deals like the TPP could effect American healthcare.
»» Michael Burg explains how austerity measures are leading to an increase in the amount of government waste and corporate fraud.
»» Howard Nations talks about the new way that insurance companies are trying to fleece consumers with higher fees.
»» David Haynes will tell us why most vehicle recalls go unheeded by consumers, dealerships, and even the government.
»» Joshua Holland, senior digital producer for BillMoyers.com, will tell us about the mental anguish that was caused by the Great Recession.
»» Dr. Tom Schneider, author of A Physician’s Apology, talks about the rampant greed that has become a staple of the medical profession.
»» Legendary trial lawyer Fred Levin is going to discuss his career, and the hurdles he overcame to be one of the most successful trial lawyers in America.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! A Short Primer on the Jeb Bush Sordid Family History by Guest Blogger
• VIDEO! Let’s Start Drug Testing Corporate CEOs, our Real “Welfare Queens” by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Thom Hartmann took on the ridiculousness of this policy in this segment.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Lack of Outrage is Killing Democracy by Gary Bentley
• FCC Somehow ‘Lost’ Hundreds of Thousands of Net Neutrality Comments by Amy Eddings - ........Fight for the Future’s Jeff Lyons said “at lest 244,811 [comments] were missing” from the FCC’s data, and the Sunlight Foundation found that 95,000 comments released by the FCC were duplicates. “The Sunlight Foundation study concluded that anti-net neutrality comments dominated the dataset,” reported Gizmodo. “There was talk of a ‘shadowy’ Koch Brothers group that succeeded in driving half of the total number of comments, leading to the conclusion that some 60 percent of those who commented actually opposed net neutrality.” This statistic then fueled the political rhetoric that most Americans opposed net neutrality, a fact that simply wasn’t true......
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 12/29/14 Best of 2014: David J. Blacker: The Falling Rate of Learning and the Neoliberal Endgame
• TUESDAY 12/30/14 Best of 2014: Haley Sweetland Edwards: The Corporate “Free Speech” Racket
• WEDNESDAY 12/31/14 Best of 2014: Professor Walter Block Defends Libertarianism
• FRIDAY 1/1/15 Best of 2014: William Lazonick: Profits Without Prosperity
• FRIDAY 1/2/15 Best of 2014: Eddie Glaude Jr: Ferguson & the Disease of White Supremacy
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Explosion of the US Dollar Carry Trade: Americans Utterly Clueless About What’s Coming in 2015 by The Doc — The 9 trillion dollar U.S. dollar carry trade is starting to unwind. Oil’s collapse is predicated by one major event:the explosion of the US Dollar carry trade. Worldwide, there is over $9 TRILLION in borrowed US Dollars that has been ploughed into risk assets. Just about everything will be hit as well. Most of the “recovery” of the last five years has been fueled by cheap borrowed Dollars. Now that the US Dollar has broken out of a multi-year range, you’re going to see more and more “risk assets” (read: projects or investments fueled by borrowed Dollars) blow up. Oil is just the beginning, not a standalone story. If things really pick up steam, there’s over $9 TRILLION worth of potential explosions waiting in the wings. Imagine if the entire economies of both Germany and Japan exploded and you’ve got a decent idea of the size of the potential impact on the financial system. And that’s assuming NO increased leverage from derivative usage… More HERE…
• VIDEO! Get REAL . . . COPPER by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: Jan Skoyles discusses copper with Simon Hunt of Simon Hunt Strategic Services about the industrial metal known as ‘Dr. Copper’ for its ability to predict the economic forecast. Due to monopolies and various price fixing schemes, Mr. Hunt reckons that other metals are now better at forecasting the future. He also makes his own predictions for where the future price may take us in the copper market in 2015. Sponsored by: miningmaven.com
• VIDEO! Lars Schall “Informed 9/11 Terror Trading” Takes Apart @JamesGRickards Claims. 9/11 CIA Trading implicated. by Stacy Herbert AND “Informed 9/11 Terror Trading” – Lars Schall Responds To Jim Rickards’ Limited Hangout by Lars Schall — In a lecture that he gave in Copenhagen, Denmark, German financial journalist Lars Schall shows that the claim put forward by Wall Street player / bestselling author Jim Rickards that he has been “rigorous and scientific about the evidence” re 9/11 insider trading is merely a lousy joke.
• KEISER REPORT [KR699] Keiser Report: 2014 Year of Bubbles We are joined by Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com for a look back on 2014 and forward to 2015. They talk oil, ruble, yen, restoring diplomatic relations with Cuba, the possible implosion of the Japanese bond market and about falling wages and falling Baltic Dry Index as globalization declines.
• KEISER REPORT [KR700] Keiser Report: Big Kaputski of 2015 We celebrate the first day of 2015 with some regular guests who attempt to predict the big themes of the New Year. First, we talk to Dominic Frisby of Moneyweek.com about where it all might kick off this year – perhaps Japan? Next, Professor Steve Keen talks Minsky moments, debt deflation and the Bancor. Last, but not least, they speak to Liam Halligan of BNE.eu for his predictions on Europe, China, Russia and dividend yields in 2015.
• KEISER REPORT [KR701] Keiser Report: Deglobalization & Internet 2.0 We celebrate the second day of 2015 with some regular guests who attempt to predict the big themes of the new year. First up, we talk to Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney.com about a printing press for wage earners and whether or not we are in a period of deglobalisation. Next they speak to Mark McGowan – aka ‘The Artist Taxi Driver’ about General Election 2015, which political party is not in the pocket of the corporations and whether or not the Met Police working with RBS on financial crime will lead to more or less in the new year. In the second half, they talk to Chris Powell of GATA.org about the CME’s letter to the CFTC exposing the fact that the central banks have ‘volume discounts’ for their trading accounts. And, finally, they talk to Reggie Middleton of BoomBustBlog.com and UltraCoin about the upcoming year as the one in which the blockchain technology is finally recognised as Internet 2.0 and whether or not IBM, and other share buybacking corporations like it, will just one day evaporate.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 12/29/14 Vijay Prashad: Vijay Prashad, a writer for al-Araby, discusses an overlooked footnote in the Senate report on CIA torture that describes how the US tried to justify torture by citing an Israeli Supreme Court ruling on the subject.
• 12/29/14 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an award-winning journalist and historian, discusses the Obama administration’s delaying tactics on an Iranian nuclear deal, and why he is more pessimistic than ever about an agreement being reached.
• 12/29/14 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses the never-ending war in Afghanistan; the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq; and Libya’s descent into another civil war.
• 12/30/14 Will Grigg: Will Grigg, blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the “tribal Leninism” that keeps Americans divided and prevents popular opposition to the unaccountable police state; and how to level the legal playing field between public law enforcement and private security.
• 12/30/14 James Carden: James Carden, a Contributing Editor for The National Interest, discusses his article “Dangerous Escalation: US Backs Putin Into a Corner;” and how the ultra-confrontational neoconservative foreign policy agenda makes Henry Kissinger sound like the voice of moderation.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)
• Sen John Thune (R-SD)
• two freshman members of the House of Representatives. Rep-Elect Martha McSally (R-AZ) and Rep-Elect Lee Zeldin (R-NY)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml