Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
First Brick TeeVee of 2009 and it starts out with a BANG! Load up your bricks for possibly the LAST teevee interview with Veep-for-16-more-days DARTH CHENEY on Face the Bob and save some bricks for HW BUSH on Fake News. Meet the Dave features HARRY "Milquetoast" REID who will wax poetic about the 110th Congress and all the "progress" it made. This George picks the scab of BlogoGate with Rod's appointee to replace Obama ROLAND BURRIS. Also look for a grudge match featuring DICK DURBIN and MITCH MCCONNELL. On U-Boat Captain Blitzer it's all about the Israel-Palestine conflict, featuring QUEEN NOOR of Jordan and Palestinian negotiator SAEB ERAKAT. We point to Empire Burlesque and Chris Floyd who plainly states, "What is the ultimate context of this carnage? The fact that the Arab inhabitants of Palestine had their land taken away from them by force -- not in some ancient, historic era, but within the lifetime of many thousands of Palestinians still living. ... But as Greenwald notes, every action taken by Hamas and other Palestinian resistance groups could be characterized as "retaliation" for the theft of their land, not to mention the war crime of collective punishment and genocidal blockades visited upon the Occupied Territories for years." Also, as Greenwald also notes "...it becomes even more striking in light of the bizarre fact that the consensus view -- that America must unquestioningly stand on Israel's side and support it, not just in this conflict but in all of Israel's various wars -- is a view which 7 out of 10 Americans reject. Conversely, the view which 70% of Americans embrace -- that the U.S. should be neutral and even-handed in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict generally -- is one that no mainstream politician would dare express." As we head into the new administration, don't look for any major change in U.S. policy toward Israel. Meanwhile, the Brick TeeVee crew has been soaking in Bowl Games and adult beverages at a record pace. Go Buckeyes! Now that we're in a new year it's only 50 Days until Spring Training and 87 Days until Opening Day! We can't wait! Happy New Year, everybody!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
'The Obamas' on CNN Sunday at 8 pm et
Fiesta Bowl: #10 Ohio State vs. #3 Texas Kick off around 8 pm et Monday night on Fox. Go Buckeyes!
GMAC Bowl: Tulsa vs. Ball State Kick off around 8 pm et Tuesday night on ESPN.
BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: #1 Florida vs. #2 Oklahoma Kick off around 8 pm et Thursday night on Fox.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
16 days until our national nightmare is over
4,221 Military Dead as of Jan 2, 2009
2,077 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• U.S. Senate Appointee Roland Burris, former Illinois Attorney General
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• ROUNDTABLE: The Nation's Katrina vanden Heuvell, and ABC News' George Will, Jonathan Karl, and Cokie Roberts
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• VICE PRESIDENT DICK CHENEY
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Is It Murder? With drunken driving fatalities staying constant despite all the campaigns against the crime, some prosecutors are pursuing harsher penalties against perpetrators, including long prison terms for those who caused deaths. Bob Simon reports.
• Mind Reading Neuroscience has learned so much about how we think and the brain activity linked to certain thoughts that it is now possible – on a very basic scale - to read a person’s mind. Lesley Stahl reports.
• The Mad Scientist Of Football Texas Tech coach Mike Leach made up for a lack of money and top talent by creating an innovative offense that’s changing the game of college football and beating bigger schools which regularly attract the best talent in the nation. Scott Pelley reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• SEN. HARRY REID (D-NV), Majority Leader
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC's Richard Engel, The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg, BBC World News America's Katty Kay, Al-Arabiya's Hisham Melhem, and NBC's Andrea Mitchell, and The New York Times' David Sanger.
- Late Edition (CNN) A compilation of interviews from 2008 featuring
• Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat
• Gov. Jon Corzine, D-N.J.
• Gov. Mark Sanford, R-S.C.
• former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Mass.
• Queen Noor of Jordan
• Israeli Cabinet Minister Isaac Herzog
• Former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyu
- MARON v SEDER Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et! amazing graphic & logo by nicole s. Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
This week’s show is a re-broadcast of our December 6th, 2008 program.
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• The ragin’ Cajun himself, James Carville will be with us today to talk about the implosion of the Republican Party.
• Max Kennedy, author of the new book Danger’s Hour, stops by to talk to us about how today’s suicide bombers are eerily similar to the Kamikaze pilots of World War II.
• Chuck Clusen, Director of National Parks and Alaska Projects for the NRDC, will be here to tell us about the NRDC’s recent victory over Shell Oil.
• And Kevin Danaher, founder of the Green Festival, will be joining us to talk about how the WTO is lining the pockets of corporations by exploiting workers and destroying the environment all around the globe.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- NEW SHOW! UNREPORTED NEWS on Nova M The Unreported News Radio Show is a show about how Main Stream Media ignores certain News Stories about the issues that affect the Lives of so many people. The Unreported News Radio Show will look at these issues and discuss the ways we can pushback on Mainstream Media for fair Reporting. 11 am et on www.1190novam.com
• House Majority Leader Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md.
• Former President George H.W. Bush
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!