Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Dog Days of Summer: Last week we learned that almost all the oil gushed from the Deepwater Horizon well has magically disappeared, unemployment is still high, there's a new Supreme Court Justice, grain prices shot up because of giant fires in Russia, gays can marry in California (almost), the war in Iraq is over (almost) and the Pentagon wants wikileaks to give them back all their stuff! This Amanpour goes all military with General RAY ODIERNO and General PETER CHIARELLI while Face the Bob gets far-right-winger evangelical TONY PERKINS. Meet the David gets WH Energy Adviser CAROL BROWNER and JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER plus a roundtable grudge match with HAROLD FORD and MIKE PENCE. State of the Candy gets VA guvnor BOB MCDONNELL and MI guvnor JENNIFER GRANHOLM plus Admiral THAD ALLEN will explain what they did with all the oil in the Gulf. And this weekend also marks the 65th Anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the U.S. the only time such a weapon was used and against thousands of unsuspecting Japanese civillians who were incinerated instantly or died shortly from radioactive poisoning. The Japan Times reports At a memorial ceremony attended for the first time ever by a U.N. secretary general and a U.S. representative, Hiroshima on Friday marked the 65th anniversary of its atomic bombing by calling on Japan to withdraw from the U.S. nuclear umbrella and accelerate the progress made over the past 18 months to eliminate nuclear arms....Hiroshima Mayor Tadatoshi Akiba said in his message to the ceremony that Japan needs to do more to assure the world it is serious about remaining a nonnuclear state. "The time is ripe for the Japanese government to take decisive action. It should begin to take the lead in the pursuit of the elimination of nuclear weapons by legislating the three nonnuclear principles, abandoning the U.S. nuclear umbrella, and implementing passionate, caring assistance measures for all of the aging hibakusha anywhere in the world." ... The mayor also urged Kan to speak to nuclear weapons states directly and push them to disarm completely by 2020. Also in the JT Rhetoric belies atomic policy, But amid the warnings of the dangers of the weapons and calls to prevent further nuclear proliferation internationally, little was heard about proliferation risks associated with Japan's support for exporting its nuclear power technology to nations that have not signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, or its pursuit of a plutonium program at the Monju fast-breeder, and construction of the Rokkasho nuclear fuel reprocessing plant....Of particular concern is Japan's effort to secure a nuclear cooperation agreement with India, which is not a party to the NPT regime. On June 28, Tokyo entered into negotiations with India to export nuclear power technology and equipment. In addition to antinuclear groups, Akiba indicated to Hiroshima media last month he opposes the deal, although he did not mention it at Friday's ceremony. But five hibakusha organizations in Nagasaki have also formally protested it. "If Japan concludes a nuclear cooperation agreement with India on the grounds that other countries, including the U.S., Russia and France, have done so, or because it is in Japan's commercial interest, it will become impossible to prevent nuclear proliferation," said the Tokyo-based Citizens' Nuclear Information Center, following the June announcement by Prime Minister Naoto Kan's government that it will pursue a deal. And what would the U.S. do with its huge stockpile of decomm'd ICBMs loaded with highly enriched uranium? Make more depleted uranium weapons? The U.S. still hasn't figured out what to do with its nuclear waste from its own nuke power plants across the country. Learn more at NuclearFreePlanet.org. Don't miss the BTV Alerts and our regular interviews with Peter B, AntiWar Radio, Max and the LIVE Ring of Fire (oops, well catch the Sunday repeat!). The Brick TeeVee crew is taking it easy as we slide into the Dog Days of Summer. The drought means no lawn mowing but the garden continues to produce in the hot weather. Stay cool wherever you're at and enjoy your week!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» CA Prop 8 Decision @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Federal Judge Strikes Down California Same-Sex Marriage Ban in Major Victory for Gay Rights Advocates
»»» Jerry Cope @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Environmental Activist Jerry Cope on "The Crime of the Century: What BP and US Government Don’t Want You to Know"
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Julian Assange Responds to Increasing US Government Attacks on WikiLeaks
»»» Dean Baker @ Democracy NOW!Web Exclusive! WATCH NOW Part I: Social Security Under Attack: Cuts Proposed, Higher Retirement Age Suggested & Part II: Social Security Under Attack: Cuts Proposed, Higher Retirement Age Suggested
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Courage Campaign: Equality Now!
»»» Greenpeace @ GRITtv WATCH Greenpeace: Making BP Disappear
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Left Turn League makes right turns at Watkins Glen! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Dodgers @ Braves 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Red Sox @ Yankees 8 pm et
HELP BRADLEY MANNING Julian Assange, wikileaks: Asked about Mr. Manning, Mr. Assange said: "There is no allegation as far as we can determine" that the documents posted on WikiLeaks Sunday are "connected to Bradley Manning." He said WikiLeaks has nonetheless "committed funds" to Pfc. Manning's legal defense, offering his military-appointed legal team money in case it wants to hire civilian counsel. (WSJ)
GO HELP BRADLEY MANNING NOW!
WATCH Wikileaks founder Julian Assange gives a press conference about the Afghanistan war logs at the Frontline club in London Live TV @ World News wn.com
The moderator of the Frontline talk just asked Assange whether he’d be arrested if he went to the U.S. now. “That’s what I’m told,” Assange replied.
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,415 US Military Dead as of Aug 5, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,217 US Military Dead as of Aug 5, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• General Ray Odierno
• General Peter Chiarelli
• ROUNDTABLE: George Packer of the New Yorker, Gillian Tett of the Financial Times, Politico's John Harris and Washington Post columnist and former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• The Family Research Council's Tony Perkins
• The Washington Post's Dan Balz
• CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent Jan Crawford
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE COST OF DYING - Many Americans spend their last days in an intensive care unit, subjected to uncomfortable machines or surgeries to prolong their lives at enormous cost. Steve Kroft reports. Andy Court is the producer.
• THE PATRIARCH - Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the leader of the 300 million-member Orthodox Christian Church, feels "crucified" living in Turkey under a government he says would like to see his nearly 2,000-year-old Patriarchate die out. Bob Simon reports. Harry Radliffe is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• President Obama's Energy Adviser, Carol Browner
• House Minority Republican Leader Rep. John Boehner (R-OH).
• ROUNDTABLE: Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN); Chairman of the House Republican Conference, Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN); NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, Andrea Mitchell; and Vanity Fair's Todd Purdum.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Governor Bob McDonnell (R-VA)
• Governor Jennifer Granholm (D-MI)
• Admiral Thad Allen (Ret.)
• Washington Post editor Dan Balz
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Watch American History Seminary on USTREAM!
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY! Uber-Pope Bob discusses California Prop 8 decision in the House of Common Sense! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - August 5, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: BP says the oil well is plugged. The Feds say most of the oil is gone. But is it?... PLUS: The UN’s secret plan to take over the world with bicycles! ... AND: Senate Democrats cave yet again… All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Prop 8 is Ruled Unconstitutional; Chez Sludge San Francisco, the sequel
• US Atty. Counsel was Compromised; Satirist Will Durst Starts Weekly Rant
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
SPECIAL RING OF FIRE TOMORROW: WIN A FREE PODCAST FOR THE YEAR! Ring of Fire is LIVE this week! We’ll be taking your calls, and one lucky listener will win a free Podcast for the year!
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, legendary singer and songwriter — and Californian– David Crosby will talk to us about this week’s landmark court ruling in his state that overturned one of the nation’s most regressive laws in recent history – the notorious Proposition 8.
• We’ll also be talking with Jon Sinton, founding president of Air America Radio, and one of the architects of Ring of Fire, about whether the new media is ready to take over for traditional, mainstream media.
• Political Satirist Matt Filipowicz will join us to discuss the misguided decision by the White House Press Corp. to give Fox News a front row seat.
• Remember, ROF is LIVE this weekend. Call us with your question or comment at 866 389 3473. You may win a free subscription to the Ring of Fire Podcast! You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Pap with GREG PALAST! BP’s OTHER Spill As the media focuses on the BP oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico that continues to poison that body of water, they completely missed the story about another BP oil spill that occurred up North. Luckily, investigative journalist Greg Palast has been exposing the lies and activities of BP for the last 20 years, and he uncovered the story when the media failed, and he recently joined Mike Papantonio to talk about the many problems that he has uncovered about BP.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder & DAHR JAMAIL!Are taxpayers going to be footing the bill to clean up BP’s mess in the Gulf of Mexico? If you’ve been following the news reports on the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, you might not be fully aware of the impact that this disaster is having on the people of the Gulf Coast. But when you look past the news stories about BP’s attempts to stop the leak, you’ll find that there is pain and suffering all along the coast, particularly among the fishermen who are now out of work, and most have had to go work for the very company that cost them their livelihoods. Sam Seder talks with investigative journalist Dahr Jamail, who recently visited Louisiana to speak with the people who have been effected by this spill, so that we can fully understand the human cost of this disaster.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: On War, Economics, and the Brilliance of James Madison by Damon Vrabel
• Calamitous Floods, a Severe Drought and Wheat Prices stacyherbert: Wheat prices continue to soar as wildfires continue in Russia and now calamitous floods in Pakistan have destroyed 15% of the nations wheat crop. In Pakistan, 1,110 dead from worst floods in 80 years.
• An Imperial Picture Tells 1,000 Imperial Words stacyherbert: Hedging Chaos with Gold. See much more at link! Related: Marc Faber says, "Fed will print and print and print until the final crisis"
• KEISER REPORT[KR65] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Contango! Stacy summary: We talk about the walking zombies of the world’s largest economies. We also talk to Captain Paul Watson about the economics of extinction and his Antarctic Whale Wars.
• KEISER REPORT[KR66] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Zombies! Stacy summary: We look at the latest scandals of box office manipulation in China, $9 billion missing in Iraq and contango in commodities. In the second half of the show, Max talks to internet sensation George Hemminger about his experience with financial collapse in America..
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets NZ – 26 July 2010 Stacy summary: The Truth About Markets New Zealand. Wikileaks. Totalitarianism. Afghanistan. Spying on your neighbor. And more. Download show HERE (mp3)!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – London – 31 July 2010 Stacy summary: Here are some of the articles I refer to: The Aftermath of the Global Housing Bubble Chokes the World Banking System, Market Ticker for charts on US GDP, BIS Gold Swap Update. Download show HERE (mp3)!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE65] On the Edge with Jim Willie
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• The Other Scott Horton August 06, 2010. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses the only law explicitly defined in the U.S. Constitution: treason, why the founding fathers made treason prosecutions difficult by design, the very serious charges facing accused “WikiLeaker” Bradley Manning (but treason and espionage aren’t among them), Mark Thiessen’s Washington Post op-ed on why “WikiLeaks must be stopped” and the double standard that allows pro-war pundits to leak government-favorable classified information without rebuke. LISTEN The Other Scott Horton (mp3) 19:24
• Andy Worthington August 06, 2010. Andy Worthington, author of The Guantanamo Files, discusses the last ditch effort of Omar Khadr’s military lawyer to stop his client’s war crimes trial, government use of the catch-all “material support for terrorism” charge when all other crimes won’t stick and why the popular outcry for “tough” military commissions trials for accused terrorists ignores the near-perfect conviction rate in federal courts. LISTEN Andy Worthington (mp3) 20:33
• Chris Busby August 04, 2010. Chris Busby, co-author of the epidemiological study “Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009,” discusses the difficulties of carrying out a door-to-door survey of skeptical and hostile Fallujah residents, the severe birth deformities in regions where depleted uranium munitions were used, the study’s focus on infant mortality rates, the military’s outdated risk modeling for battlefield uranium exposure and why a dramatically lower male birth rate is a telling sign of regional genetic damage. LISTEN Chris Busby (mp3) 19:19
• Karen Kwiatkowski August 04, 2010. Karen Kwiatkowski, columnist at LewRockwell.com and retired USAF lieutenant colonel, discusses the neocon infiltration of the formerly decent Hudson Institute, her firsthand account of how the Office of Special Plans lied us into the Iraq War, Col. David Hackworth’s pushback against OSP propaganda and why the Iraq War instigators are now directing their war cries toward Iran. LISTEN Karen Kwiatkowski (mp3) 20:40
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• conservative legal giant Ted Olson
• Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml