Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Professional Left Special! Last week WH Press Secretary Bob Gibbs told The Hill, "I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested. I mean, it’s crazy...They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality." Haha! As you can imagine there was a wee bit of blowback. Glenn Greenwald sums it up in Robert Gibbs attacks the fringe losers of the left : "You may think that the reason you're dissatisfied with the Obama administration is because of substantive objections to their policies: that they've done so little about crisis-level unemployment, foreclosures and widespread economic misery. Or because of the White House's apparently endless devotion to Wall Street. Or because the President has escalated a miserable, pointless and unwinnable war that is entering its ninth year. Or because he has claimed the power to imprison people for life with no charges and to assassinate American citizens without due process, intensified the secrecy weapons and immunity instruments abused by his predecessor, and found all new ways of denying habeas corpus. Or because he granted full-scale legal immunity to those who committed serious crimes in the last administration. Or because he's failed to fulfill -- or affirmatively broken -- promises ranging from transparency to gay rights. But Robert Gibbs -- in one of the most petulant, self-pitying outbursts seen from a top political official in recent memory, half derived from a paranoid Richard Nixon rant and the other half from a Sean Hannity/Sarah Palin caricature of The Far Left -- is here to tell you that the real reason you're dissatisfied with the President is because you're a fringe, ideological, Leftist extremist ingrate who needs drug counseling:" Oh DO read on! And check out all the embedded links while you're there! Another Professional Leftist Jane Hamsher has a video Glenn Greenwald, Dylan Ratigan & Me on the “Professional Left” at FireDogLake.com. And in a item by Sam Stein at Huff Po Gibbs Stands By His 'Professional Left' Critique, Expects Liberals To Vote In 2010 worthy of Harry Shearer's Le Show "Apologies of the Week" Gibbs gives his non-apology apology: Does he stand by the comments? "Yes," he replied....He had said what he said in a bout of frustration. "There are many time (sic) when I read the transcripts... that I could have said things slightly differently. I watch lot of cable TV and you don't have to watch long to get frustrated by some of what's said." Now we go to Professional Left filmmaker Michael Moore on Professional Left teevee pundit Keith Olbermann's "Countdown" show for Michael Moore suggests White House spokesman smoking ‘really heavy stuff’: "I've never heard the left referred to with the word 'professional'. It implies that we're organized....When Mr. Gibbs is worried about what people on the left are smoking, from my experience the person in the room who's most paranoid about who's smoking what is usually the person smoking the really heavy stuff." Watch it HERE! (h/t crooksandliars.com video cafe). Oh the humanity! The Mid-terms! Lastly we go to Raw Story for Alan Grayson: Obama’s ‘Bozo the Spokesman’ should be fired with VIDEO! Priceless! Mother Jones released their cover story BP's Deep Secrets on line BEFORE the print version was released, they deemed this information that important. Start with The BP Cover-Up: BP and the government say the spill is fast disappearing—but dramatic new science reveals that its worst effects may be yet to come - By Julia Whitty. (Related: Ring of Fire's PAP with GREG PALAST BP’s OTHER Spill and SEDER with DAHR JAMAIL The Human Cost of the Gulf Oil Spill - Are taxpayers going to be footing the bill to clean up BP’s mess in the Gulf of Mexico?) How about some SEAFOOD! Chef Sues BP Over Damages to Restaurants Selling Gulf Seafood (Bloomberg). The Sunday Professional Right, however, will toe The Company Line with some Company Employees. First, Meet the David goes "Live from Afghanistan" with Gen. DAVID PETREUS. This Christiane convenes a so-called "Panel of Economic Experts" featuring ex-Goldman Sachs CEO & Fmr. New Jersey Gov. JON CORZINE. Best bet may be the Face the Bob's Mr.Ed Show with TIM KAINE & ED RENDELL taking on ED GILLESPIE & ED ROLLINS (a horse is a horse of course of course...) followed by more of the Professional Right bobbleheads. State of Candy reels in CHRIS VAN HOLLEN to battle wits with KEVIN MCCARTHY plus a Climatologist and a NASA Scientist! JACK REED goes to the Dark Side (Fake Snooze) to tell JOHN CORNYN who's gonna win more seats in November, then more Professional Right bobbleheads. Gripping. Really gripping. THAT SAID, check out the "Professional Left" BTV Alerts and our regular "Professional Left" items like AntiWar Radio interviews with PHILLIP GERALDI on a new "unintentionally hilarious report on global terrorism" and FCNL'S DAVID CULP on START Treaty negotiations the GOPhers are holding up ratification (surprise) when the last three nuke treaties passed with 90+ votes. Go help HERE. Peter B features Prof. Andrew Bacevich on the “Washington Rules” (go ahead and search that term - more on that later) and Bob Kincaid has an interview with TruthOut and BuzzFlash while Ring of Fire has a "Best Of" show plus Max too. Two other items of interest from the Professional Left: The Digital Surveillance State: Vast, Secret, and Dangerous AND Corn byproduct fructose literally fuels cancer cell growth, study finds, about High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), both nothing the Professional Right bobbleheads would dare discuss. For the record (yeah YOU Bob Gibbs) we at Brick TeeVee believe a President Dennis Kucinich would have made the "Professional Left" happy. Big time. We already got drug tested. And YOU, Mr.Gibbs? Enjoy your Sunday and the BLUE DOG Days of Summer!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Climate Change @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bolivian UN Ambassador: Despite Extreme Weather, US and Other Developed Countries Failing to Make Serious Pledges to Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions
»»» David Sirota @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW David Sirota: Democratic Party Establishment Helps Defeat Progressive Challenger in Colorado Primary
»»» Nick Merrill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Gagged for 6 Years, Nick Merrill Speaks Out on Landmark Court Struggle Against FBI’s National Security Letters
»»» Jameel Jaffer, Deputy Legal Director of the ACLU @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW As Gibbs Attacks Progressive Critics, ACLU Says Obama White House Enshrining Bush-Era Policies
»»» Liz Ryan Murray & Reverend Dr. Eugene Barnes @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW "Gaming the System": Study Details How Big Banks Are Avoiding Lending Obligations Under Community Reinvestment Act
»»» Josh Silver, president and CEO of Free Press @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Verizon & Google Enter Reported Deal for Tiered Internet Use, Is Net Neutrality in Jeopardy?
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» Trader Joe's @ GRITtv WATCH Bringing Food Justice to Trader Joe’s
»»» Dean Baker @ GRITtv WATCH Dean Baker: Saving Social Security
»»» Andrew Bacevich @ GRITtv WATCH Andrew Bacevich: Sustaining Illusions of War
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Carfax 400 from Michigan International Seedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» PGA on CBS The 92nd PGA CHAPIONSHIP! Designed by Pete Dye, Whistling Straits emulates the great old seaside links courses of the British Isles, invoking an image of the game founded more than 400 years ago. Bravo! Check yer leaderboards! LIVE Coverage from Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin @ 2 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Dodgers @ Braves 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Red Sox @ Yankees 8 pm et
HELP BRADLEY MANNING Julian Assange, wikileaks: Asked about Mr. Manning, Mr. Assange said: "There is no allegation as far as we can determine" that the documents posted on WikiLeaks Sunday are "connected to Bradley Manning." He said WikiLeaks has nonetheless "committed funds" to Pfc. Manning's legal defense, offering his military-appointed legal team money in case it wants to hire civilian counsel. (WSJ)
GO HELP BRADLEY MANNING NOW!
WATCH Wikileaks founder Julian Assange gives a press conference about the Afghanistan war logs at the Frontline club in London Live TV @ World News wn.com
The moderator of the Frontline talk just asked Assange whether he’d be arrested if he went to the U.S. now. “That’s what I’m told,” Assange replied.
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,415 US Military Dead as of Aug 12, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,226 US Military Dead as of Aug 12, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• ROUNDTABLE: Panel of Economic Experts: member of the Banking Committee Sen. Bob Corker, Fmr. New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine, Obama Economic Adviser Laura Tyson and Martin Regalia of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Tim Kaine, DNC Chairman
• Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Pa.
• Ed Gillespie, Former RNC Chairman
• Ed Rollins, Republican Strategist
• Karen Tumulty, Washington Post
• John Harris, Politico
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• A CRACK IN THE SWISS VAULT - Swiss bank accounts offered people, including American tax cheats, a safe place to hide money. But Switzerland's largest bank has given authorities formerly sacrosanct information on its American customers because of tips provided by whistleblower Bradley Birkenfeld, who tells Steve Kroft some of the secrets Swiss bankers never tell. Andy Court and Keith Sharman are the producers.
• 130 MILLION TONS OF WASTE - If coal ash is safe to spread under a golf course or be used in carpets, why are the residents of Kingston, Tenn., being told to stay out of a river where the material was spilled? Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Special edition of "Meet the Press" from Afghanistan with
• Gen. David Petraeus, Commander, U.S. Forces Afghanistan
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• DCCC Chair, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
• Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
• Steven Pearlstein of the Washington Post
• Jeanne Cummings of Politico
• Climatologist Heidi Cullen
• NASA scientist Tom Wagner
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Watch American History Seminary on USTREAM!
• MORAN MONDAY! Bob discusses the collaboration of TruthOut and BuzzFlash with TruthOut's Maya Schenwar and BuzzFlash's Mark Carlin! Listen HERE (mp3)!
• TUESDAY SHOW with Matt Osborne of OsborneInk.com and Brad Friedman of BradBlog.com! Discussion revolves around Matt's Breitbart Burn Notice regarding Shirley Sherrod, Brad's coverage of Brietbart's ACORN smear and how the Corporomedia is so easliy duped by lies like these. Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - August 12, 2010 Russia's fires reach Chernobyl's forests; Pakistan flooding now a humanitarian crisis; EPA issues new rules for mercury pollution; Bay Area gets electric car chargers; Grey wolves get a break ... PLUS: Greenland's new 'ice island' threatens shipping lanes ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 162 Rev. Janie Spahr Faces Charges in Presbyterian Church Court
• PBC Podcast 163 Prof. Andrew Bacevich on “Washington Rules”; Journalist John Gorenfeld on TIME’s Propaganda
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! Join us this week for The Best of Ring of Fire Radio!
• We’ll be revisiting our conversations with Nobel Peace Prize-winner Elie Wiesel;
• former chair of the DNC, Governor Howard Dean;
• Ed Schultz, the host of MSNBC’s The Ed Show and author of the new book “Killer Politics: How Big Money and Bad Politics Are Destroying the Great American Middle Class”;
• Cenk Uygur, the host of the Young Turks;
• former Secretary of Labor and best-selling author Robert Reich.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! The U.S. War Addiction When George Bush launched the Iraq War, it was obvious to any observer that we were in that country because they had oil, and our government wanted that oil. But this isn’t the only time that our military has been used to help businesses take control of the natural resources of a country. In fact, it’s happened a lot more than you might think. Mike Papantonio talks about our war addiction, and how US corporations are helping to make these wars self-perpetuating, with David DeGraw, a founding member of the Amped Status blog.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: Monopoly Money & the International Banking Cartel by Damon Vrabel - The Federal Reserve has been at the top of the news for a long time and it’s getting a lot of attention now as it appears the next down cycle in the depression may be upon us. So what’s the real reason the world listens so intently to an Ivy League bureaucrat like Bernanke? Of course, it has nothing to do with him. It’s who he is accountable to–the international banking cartel. Some Max viewers have asked me for specifics on this cartel and if it really exists. Here is the answer to those questions and a discussion about how the cartel has power over the entire economy, everything in “the market,” very much a non-free market.
• Max Keiser: Expanding the Public Wealth and Defending the Common Good stacyherbert: Latest piece by Max on Huffington Post: Expanding the Public’s Wealth & Defending the Interests of the Common Good.
• An Imperial Picture Tells 1,000 Imperial Words stacyherbert: Hedging Chaos with Gold. See much more at link! Related: Marc Faber says, "Fed will print and print and print until the final crisis"
• KEISER REPORT [KR67] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Robots! Stacy summary: We look at the scandals of the summer sequel of bankers returning to the scene of the crime to demand another, bigger ransom in “Deflationary Black Hole: The Sequel.” In the second half of the show, Max talks to documentary filmmaker, Bregtje van der Haak about her film “Time for Change” , in which ordinary people respond to the crisis of banking and bankers with their own solutions.
• KEISER REPORT [KR68] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Tier Terra! Stacy summary: We look at Tier Terra and future crimes. In the second half of the show, Max talks to former banking regulator William K. Black about rackets and fraud in the financial sector.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – London – 07 August 2010 Stacy summary: This week, Max and Stacy look at the possible future central banking monopolists of virtual currencies and compare the business models of Nollywood versus Hollywood. Download show HERE (mp3)!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets NZ – 11 August 2010 Stacy summary: Download show HERE (mp3)!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE67] On the Edge with Max Keiser and Danny Schechter
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio Philip Giraldi August 13, 2010
• Philip Giraldi August 13, 2010. Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the State Department’s unintentionally hilarious report on global terrorism, the government’s steadfast refusal to see the underlying grievances that motivate terrorist actions, how Congressional Resolution 1553 defers Iran war-making decisions to Israel and how countries designated “state sponsors of terrorism” are placed on the State Department’s “ignore” list. LISTEN Philip Giraldi mp3 20:46 REF: See H.Res.1553 at OpenCongress.org
• David Culp August 13, 2010. David Culp, Legislative Representative for the Friends Committee on National Legislation – Quaker Nuclear Disarmament Program, discusses the START Treaty’s origin in the Reagan administration, how Senate Republicans and the Heritage Foundation are delaying the latest iteration of START to deprive Obama of a legislative success, the military’s preference for conventional rather than nuclear weapons and why the U.S. and Russian arsenals of 2200 deployed missiles each could be greatly reduced and provide the same deterrence. David has 15 years experience on nuclear arms control and disarmament legislation. He was instrumental in the passage of the nuclear testing moratorium in 1992; the ratification of the Chemical Weapons Convention in 1997; and the defeat of a new nuclear warhead, or nuclear “bunker buster” in 2004. Previously he was a lobbyist at the Indiana legislature for a statewide citizens group, successfully opposing two nuclear power plants. He is one of six registered lobbyists on nuclear disarmament on Capitol Hill. LISTEN David Culp (mp3) 20:56
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
• Senator Jack Reed (D-RI)
• Fox Business Network's Liz Claman
• Moody's Analytics Chief Economist Mark Zandi
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml