Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Shiny Object of the Week! Right up there with the Kennedy Assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, September 11th, and Iraq's "Weapons of Mass Destruction" we now have the "Deepwater Horizon Disappearing Oil"! Last Tuesday Reuters reported Scientists raise queries about Gulf oil left behind: In one of the reports, researchers at the University of Georgia said about three-quarters of the oil from BP's blown-out Macondo well was still lurking below the surface of the Gulf and may pose a threat to the ecosystem. Charles Hopkinson, who helped lead the investigation, said up to 79 percent of the 4.1 million barrels of oil that gushed from the broken well and were not captured directly at the wellhead remained in the Gulf. The report was based on an analysis of government estimates released on August 2 that Hopkinson said had been widely misinterpreted as meaning that 75 percent of the oil spewed by the well had either evaporated, dissolved or been otherwise contained, leaving only about 25 percent. And GuardianUK reports in BP oil spill: scientists find giant plume of droplets 'missed' by official account Scientists have mapped a 22-mile plume of oil droplets from BP's rogue well in the depths of the Gulf of Mexico, providing the strongest evidence yet of the fate of the crude that spewed into the sea for months...."These results indicate that efforts to book-keep where the oil went must now include this plume," said Christopher Reddy one of the members of the team from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute....The study reinforces earlier reports from research voyages led by scientists from the University of Georgia and Texas A&M University who detected the presence of deepwater plumes of oil....According to their findings the deepwater plume measures 22 miles long, 1.2 miles wide and 650 feet high....Ian MacDonald, an oceanographer at Florida State University, said the White House accounting for the oil is misleading and that only 10% of the oil that spewed into the Gulf has been removed from the ocean. Do check out Washington's Blog for a very disturbing item Corexit Is Being Sprayed at Night, Even Now (According to BP Vessel of Opportunity Workers and Others) which links to Dahr Jamail's item in t r u t h o u t Uncovering the Lies That Are Sinking the Oil. Washington's Blog also notes FDA Not Testing Gulf Seafood for Mercury, Arsenic or Other Heavy Metals Because "We Do Not Expect to See an Increase Based on this Spill". Gimme that Fillet-O-Fish! YUM! If you need even more info check out Mac McClelland at Mother Jones. However NONE of this will be discussed on the Sunday Bobblehead shows since they have other SHINY OBJECTS for you to look at, like the "Ground Zero Mosque" and that pesky "conflict" in Afghanistan. This Amanpour leads the parade with an "EXCLUSIVE" interview with Afghanistan's
Puppet President HAMID KARZAI, followed by a discussion of the (you guessed it) "Ground Zero Mosque". Look for ROBERT RIECH on the roundtable where he brings up his latest, Corporate Rotten Eggs. Face the Bob gets General RAY ODIERNO and a tape of Katie Couric with General DAVID PATREUS while Meet the David gets MITCH MCCONNEL and Mr. Tea Bagger himself DICK ARMEY followed by more "Professional Right" bobbleheads. 60 Minutes has a double length segment "THE BLOWOUT" about what really happened on the Deepwater Horizon rig the night it exploded. Good item! State of the Candy goes all-military with ODIERNO, Gen. RICHARD MEYERS (ret.), former CENTCOM Adm BILL FALLON (ret.) plus her own sit-down with KARZAI and HOWARD DEAN on the "Ground Zero Mosque" SHINY OBJECT. Good brick targets are LINDSEY GRAHAM on FTN and JUDY WOODRUFF in the This Week panel. Lastly Governor ROD BLAGOJEVICH tells all on Fake News! Get your morning popcorn out for that one! Of course you can check out our regular features below for some news you can really use. Lots to go through so get busy! And you might want to skip those EGGS for breakfast this morning too unless you have your own laying hens in the back yard! The Brick TeeVee Crew has been taking it easy in the sweltering August heat, occasionally weeding the garden between adult beverages. We finally got some good soaking rain on Saturday (like ALL DAY) and the temps seem to be moderating going into next week so we may have to actually run the lawn mower. Have a great week and watch out for SHINY OBJECTS on yer corporo-teevee!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» UN's John Holmes @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW UN Humanitarian Chief John Holmes: The Magnitude of the Pakistan Floods Is Unprecedented
»»» Arnoldo García of the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama Signs $600M Bill to Increase Militarization of US-Mexico Border
»»» Peru MRTA @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW US Activist Lori Berenson and Baby Son Returned to Peruvian Prison Just 3 Months After Release on Parole
»»» Raed Jarrar & Yanar Mohammed @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Obama Admin Claims End to Combat Operations in Iraq, But Iraqis See Same War Under a Different Name
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Midnight on the Mavi Marmara: The People’s Record
»»» JOHN LENNON's murderer's parole @ GRITtv WATCH John Fugelsang: Killing for Fame
»»» Allison Kilkenny & Jamie Kilstein @ GRITtv WATCH Allison Kilkenny & Jamie Kilstein: Democrats Missing Something
»»» MLB on TBS Giants @ Dodgers 2 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Angels @ Twins 8 pm et
HELP BRADLEY MANNING Julian Assange, wikileaks: Asked about Mr. Manning, Mr. Assange said: "There is no allegation as far as we can determine" that the documents posted on WikiLeaks Sunday are "connected to Bradley Manning." He said WikiLeaks has nonetheless "committed funds" to Pfc. Manning's legal defense, offering his military-appointed legal team money in case it wants to hire civilian counsel. (WSJ)
GO HELP BRADLEY MANNING NOW!
WATCH Wikileaks founder Julian Assange gives a press conference about the Afghanistan war logs at the Frontline club in London Live TV @ World News wn.com
The moderator of the Frontline talk just asked Assange whether he’d be arrested if he went to the U.S. now. “That’s what I’m told,” Assange replied.
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,415 US Military Dead as of Aug 12, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,226 US Military Dead as of Aug 12, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Afghanistan's President, Hamid Karzai
• Daisy Khan, wife of Imam Feisal Abdul-Rauf
• Rabbi Joy Levitt, head of the Jewish Community Center in Manhattan
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich, Judy Woodruff of the PBS News Hour and Bloomberg's Al Hunt.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Gen. Ray Odierno, Commander of U.S. Forces in Iraq
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
• Greg Mortenson, Author of Three Cups of Tea and Stones into Schools
• More of Katie Couric's interview with Gen. David Petraeus, Commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE BLOWOUT - Scott Pelley investigates the explosion that killed 11, causing the oil leak in the waters off of Louisiana, and speaks to one of the oil rig platform crew survivors who was in a position to know what caused the disaster and how it could have been prevented. The report contains footage of the minutes after the explosion and new information about what led up to it. Solly Granatstein and Graham Messick are the producers. THIS IS DOUBLE LENGTH SEGMENT
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Republican Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• Fmr. House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-TX)
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI).
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican Candidate for New York Governor, Fmr. Rep. Rick Lazio, The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg; The Wall Street Journal's Paul Gigot, and BBC World News America's Katty Kay.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• U.S. Commander in Iraq Gen. Ray Odierno
• former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard Myers (Ret.)
• former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad
• former Commander of U.S. Central Command Admiral William Fallon (Ret.).
• former Democratic National Cmte. Chairman Howard Dean
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Watch American History Seminary on USTREAM!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - August 19, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: BP's relief well delayed --- again; Authorities scramble to recall tainted eggs; Interior Dept. enforces the law --- for a change ... PLUS: Predicting today's extreme weather --- back in 2007 ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 164 Oregon Progressive Senate Candidate Rick Staggenborg plus Will Durst on Rangel and Waters
• PBC Podcast 165 Photojournalist Carlos Miller Fights Miami Cops
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire!
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, the Congressman with Guts, Alan Grayson, will be joining us to tell us about his plan to limit the amount of money that corporate America is pumping into political campaigns.
• former chair of the DNC, Governor Howard Dean;
• Mother Jones Magazine investigative reporter Andy Kroll will give us the inside scoop on the people making millions of dollars as a result of rampant home foreclosures.
• Daily Beast correspondent and publisher of the Independent Weekly, Rick Outzen, will tell us how BP is covering up the truth about the amount of oil that remains in the Gulf of Mexico.
• And political satirist Matt Filipowicz will be joining us to discuss the proposed deal by Google and Verizon, that could leave millions of people without access to the Internet.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Alan Grayson is Pissed Off! Earlier this year, the Supreme Court made a disastrous ruling in the Citizens’ United case that will allow corporations to funnel as much money into political campaigns as they want. Luckily, there are still some members of Congress who are working to bring our democracy back to the people, and not to corporate America. One of those people is Congressman Alan Grayson, who co-sponsored the Shareholder Protection Act, which will prevent companies from giving to political campaigns without the support of their shareholders, and he recently spoke to Mike Papantonio about his efforts. You can donate to Congressman Grayson’s Money Bomb by going to this site
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Cenk and Pap Go After BP The oil just won’t go away. NOAA was forced to admit that they were wrong about 75% of the oil being gone from the Gulf, and they now say that 75% is still in the Gulf. On top of that, BP is attempting to settle claims quickly by forcing those in need of money to sign documents agreeing to not sue the oil giant. Mike Papantonio discusses all this and more on MSNBC’s The Ed Show.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Keep your hands off our oligarchs!! Stacy summary: So 17.3% of the US economy is health care and we’re supposed to believe that this is an innovative, competitive, genuinely free market global empire? And I love the solution this economist proposes of using anti-trust legislation (health insurance is uniquely exempt). Of course, half of the American population would man the barricades to prevent their favored banking oligarchs from ever having to compete. READ Monopolies, lack of competition drive US health care costs soaring despite deflation @ bloomberg
• Obama’s Expanding Covert Wars . . . in France, Belgium & Spain? Stacy summary: We’re used to the US meddling in Latin America, ex-Soviet states, Africa and the Middle East, but this bit in Scahill’s latest Nation article caught my attention: "The Nation has learned from well-placed special operations sources that among the countries where elite special forces teams working for the Joint Special Operations Command have been deployed under the Obama administration are: Iran, Georgia, Ukraine, Bolivia, Paraguay, Ecuador, Peru, Yemen, Pakistan (including in Balochistan) and the Philippines. These teams have also at times deployed in Turkey, Belgium, France and Spain." READ Obama’s expanding covert wars @ The Nation
• Vrabel Post: Global Empire and the International Banking Cartel (part 2) by Damon Vrabel Last week I wrote an article explaining what I mean by the international banking cartel that operationally rules the economy–the Federal Reserve primary dealers. Some astute readers wondered why I didn’t report on the global regulatory institutions that have power over that cartel. Good question. And others asked for more clarity on the cartel itself. Regarding the first question, I purposely focused on the cartel because so many people still don’t believe it exists due to false free market propaganda. If people don’t realize that a cartel of predatory usury institutions operationally controls the US, then why would they care about the regulatory framework over those institutions? But the point is well-taken. I explain more in this article, including the truth about the crash of 2008.
• An Imperial Picture Tells 1,000 Imperial Words stacyherbert: Hedging Chaos with Gold. See much more at link! Related: Marc Faber says, "Fed will print and print and print until the final crisis"
• KEISER REPORT [KR69] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Boycotts! Stacy summary: We look at the scandals of swindled nuns, bounty hunters for small time fraud and Irish banks in a ‘league of their own.’ In the second half of the show, Max talks to economist, Shir Hever of the Alternative Information Center, about the Boycott-Divestment-Sanctions movement and about the economics of occupation.
• KEISER REPORT [KR70] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Crouching Assets, Hidden Wealth! Stacy summary: We look at post anti-Americanism and crouching assets, hidden wealth in China. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Jon Thorisson in Iceland about his campaign against Magma Energy and about the resistance of the Icelandic people to IMF measures.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets NZ – 11 August 2010 Stacy summary: Download show HERE (mp3)!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE68] On the Edge with Stefan Molyneux
• ON THE EDGE [OTE69] On the Edge with Gerald Celente – 20 August 2010
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Daphne Eviatar August 19, 2010 Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate in Law and Security for Human Rights First, discusses the circumstances surrounding Omar Khadr’s capture and incarceration in Afghanistan at the age of 15 in 2002, the Military Commissions judge’s decision to allow the admissibility of a confession extracted under threat of death, the irony of the U.S. prosecuting Khadr for war crimes while sponsoring amnesty and rehabilitation for child soldiers in Africa, the purging of jurors who had any negative opinion on Guantanamo prison or U.S. foreign policy and the question of just who committed war crimes (Khadr – unarmed – was shot twice in the back). LISTEN Daphne Eviatar (mp3) 25:55
• Gareth Porter August 19, 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses John Bolton’s “8 day” countdown to a possible Israeli strike on Iran’s Bushehr nuclear reactor, clarifications on the previous day’s interview, more fanciful claims from warmongers that Iranians will be grateful for a regime-changing bombing campaign and whether the Obama administration has the nerve to “just say no” to Israel. LISTEN Gareth Porter (mp3) 20:56
• Will Grigg August 17, 2010. Will Grigg, author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the loss of “local” police to a homogeneous federally-funded force designed to fight the war on drugs, how police departments facing budget cuts use asset forfeiture laws to make up the difference, the dramatic change of police portrayals in movies (and the culture’s acceptance of lawbreaking cops at large) following The French Connection and Dirty Harry, how the “Mosque at Ground Zero” exposed conservatives’ opposition to private property rights and how television’s idea of a balanced look at the criminal justice system means getting the story of cops and prosecutors. LISTEN Will Grigg (mp3) 20:27
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml