Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
What Oil? Redux: So now the Deepwater Gusher is capped and all is good! RIGHT?
BP Spokesman U.S. Coast Guard Admiral THAD ALLEN says "What we're trying to figure out is where is all the oil at and what can we do about it."(News24 South Africa) Allen goes on to say per ZeroHedge Admiral Allen Says Gas Seep is from the Rigel Gas Field ... Did BP Accidentally Tap Into the Rigel Gas Field?"You caught me without my glasses. I think I can answer your question. I think we believe it might be attributed to what’s called the Rigel well, r-i-g-e-l " (READ the whole thing and WATCH the video.) But we think Mac McClelland from MoJo sums it up best in Mainstream Media Helps BP Pretend There's No Oil As for the reporter's alarmingly unsubstantiated claim that "The beaches should be relatively painless to mop up," I can't even count the number of correspondents down here who've pointed out that digging a finger under the surface of supposedly clean sand turns up crude, or the number of cleanup workers who've said cleanup efforts are strictly cosmetic, or that no matter what they do the contamination just keeps bubbling up. Take a listen to new Bleating Pig (BP) CEO BOB DUDLEY inBP's Next CEO Warns Against Push To Limit Drilling (Morning Edition NPR) who replaced Tony "I want my life back from the little people" Hayward saying "Our success and our ability to do business in the United States, I think, depends on our corporate response and follow-through on this." READ: We need a better "image" on teevee and the magic Oil-God Corexit made the oil disappear! even though by most estimates Deepwater spewed one Exxon Valdez every 3-4 days! For three months!! Meanwhile BBC reports US 'fails to account' for Iraq reconstruction billions: Out of just over $9bn (£5.8bn), $8.7bn is unaccounted for, the inspector says. ~ According to the report, the Pentagon is unable to fully account for $8.7bn of funds it withdrew between 2004 and 2007, and of that amount it "could not provide documentation to substantiate how it spent $2.6bn". Schools, roads, sewers and bridges are falling apart in the U.S. but $9bn tax dollars "go missing" in Iraq? You think that's bad? The Independent UK reports Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah 'worse than Hiroshima Dr Chris Busby, a visiting professor at the University of Ulster and one of the authors of the survey of 4,800 individuals in Fallujah, said it is difficult to pin down the exact cause of the cancers and birth defects. He added that "to produce an effect like this, some very major mutagenic exposure must have occurred in 2004 when the attacks happened". ~ He said: "My guess is that they used a new weapon against buildings to break through walls and kill those inside." Huh. BACKGROUND from United For Peace: "For the legal case that U.S. use of depleted uranium and the destruction of Fallujah were crimes of war, see a Nov. 20, 2007, lecture by Prof. Francis A. Boyle of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign". As for the bombshell wikileaks please sift through below for items, way too many to cover here or on the Sunday Talkies for that matter! CHRISTIANE ANAMPOUR finally takes the helm of This Week with BOB GATES and NANCY PELOSI with PAUL KRUGMAN explaining to George Will how wrong Will is about just about everything. Face the Bob goes with ADM MIKE MULLEN and JON KYL while Meet the David gets more of MULLEN. State of Candy gets CARL LEVIN and LINDSEY GRAHAM and Fake Snooze gets the biggest teabaggers of them all (I'm sure you'll tune in, right after you scratch a chalkboard with sharp nails and break all your good china, heh.) The Brick TeeVee Crew is still hung over from the all-week b-day bash but managed to contribute some spiffy garden clean-up, not to mention picking up all the beer and whiskey bottles from the compound and recyling the whole lot! Enjoy your Sunday and the rest of your week!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "WikiLeaks Is Not One Person...We Are All the Threat"–Hacker Magazine Editor Says WikiLeaks Is Bigger Than Julian Assange
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Founder Says "Evidence of War Crimes" in Afghan War Logs, White House Downplays Leak, Claiming "No Broad New Revelations"
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange: "Transparent Government Tends to Produce Just Government"
»»» Patrick Cockburn @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Patrick Cockburn on Missing Billions in Iraq and Soaring Cancer & Infant Mortality Rates in Fallujah
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Michael Hudson & Richard Wolff: Europe Under the Crunch
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500 from Pocono! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Yankees @ Rays 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Dodgers @ Giants 8 pm et
HELP BRADLEY MANNING Julian Assange, wikileaks: Asked about Mr. Manning, Mr. Assange said: "There is no allegation as far as we can determine" that the documents posted on WikiLeaks Sunday are "connected to Bradley Manning." He said WikiLeaks has nonetheless "committed funds" to Pfc. Manning's legal defense, offering his military-appointed legal team money in case it wants to hire civilian counsel. (WSJ)
GO HELP BRADLEY MANNING NOW!
WATCH Wikileaks founder Julian Assange gives a press conference about the Afghanistan war logs at the Frontline club in London Live TV @ World News wn.com
The moderator of the Frontline talk just asked Assange whether he’d be arrested if he went to the U.S. now. “That’s what I’m told,” Assange replied.
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,413 US Military Dead as of July 22, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,206 US Military Dead as of July 22, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) DEBUT with Host Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman and journalist Ahmed Rashid, author of Descent into Chaos and expert on Afghanistan and the Taliban
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Adm. Michael Mullen, Chairman Of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Richard Haass, President, Council On Foreign Relations
• Thomas Saenz, President, Mexican American Legal Defense And Education Fund
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• OUT OF THE SHADOWS - Henry Crumpton, the ex-CIA operative who secretly ran the war against terror in Afghanistan after 9/11, describes using local might to oust al Qaeda and their Taliban hosts, a strategy he says is needed in Pakistan now, where terrorist leaders are hiding. Lara Logan reports. Howard Rosenberg is the producer.
• DISCOVERY - The fossilized skull and bones found by a 9-year-old boy on a fossil hunt with his scientist father are the discovery of a lifetime and may prove to be a new link in the human evolutionary chain. Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Sarah Carter are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen
• ROUNDTABLE: Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin and msnbc Senior Political Analyst, Editor-at-Large & Senior Political Analyst for TIME Mark Halperin.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
• New York Times correspondent, Peter Baker
• Washington Post editor Dan Balz
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Watch American History Seminary on USTREAM!
FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Bob goes over some of what happened in Vegas at the Net Roots Nation. Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - July 29, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Another oil spill, this time in MI; Record heat and smog in Moscow; Fires in CA; Competition sparks the U.S. electric car market ... PLUS: Where has all the oil gone, long time leaking? ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Robert Parry on WikiLeaks, AfPak War
• Rove Victim Speaks; D+ grade for Bankster “Reform”
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Code Pink co-founder Diane Wilson will be here to talk to us about how she helped found that important organization, and she’ll also tell us how she overcame fear in order to help others.
• Investigative journalist Bob Parry will be here to give us his expert analysis of the recently leaked Afghan War Diaries, and we’ll talk about how these documents show that George Bush’s failures in the Middle East allowed Osama Bin Laden to stay one step ahead of US forces.
• Blogger David DeGraw will join us to talk about how the US government has been funding countries that are our enemies, just so big business can cash in on the natural resources of those countries.
• And as part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, Daily Beast correspondent Rick Outzen will be here to give us the latest news about the situation in the Gulf of Mexico.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP Could Face Prison Time for Oil Spill Today marks the 100th day since the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded and sank into the Gulf of Mexico, causing the worst environmental disaster this country has ever seen. The federal government has now announced that they will be launching a criminal probe into what happened on that rig, and Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss what that might mean for the pending lawsuits against BP.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Taxpayers On the Hook for BP Cleanup Cost? Are taxpayers going to be footing the bill to clean up BP’s mess in the Gulf of Mexico? It’s certainly a possibility, and as Mike Papantonio explains on The Ed Schultz Show, BP is considering asking the government for a tax break to cover the cleanup costs.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• You’ll Know the Dollar is Dead When You See Mobs of Half-Starved, Vindictive City Dwellers in any US state starting with ‘I’ stacyherbert: Fantastic piece from Ambrose Evans Pritchard today, The Death of Paper Money. He offers a few terrifying quotes from a book about when hyperinflation hit suddenly in Weimar Germany: READ The Death of Paper Money
• Max Keiser on HuffPost: France’s Existential Debt Crisis maxkeiser: As long as interest rates stay near zero the debt expansion cycle — masked as asset sales — will continue to grow and the interest costs associated with these debts will continue to make up a greater percentage of GDP. Naturally, the government’s plan to pay the additional interest cost is to borrow more money. READ France Tries to Reduce Debt by Increasing Debt
• KEISER REPORT[KR64] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Movies! Stacy summary: We look at the latest scandals of the enemies of box-office futures, the octogenarian issuing threats and Goldman: the Movie, starring Divine? Or Tony Blair? In the second half of the show, Max talks to fund manager Michael Krieger about the dangers of a failed presidency.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets NZ – 26 July 2010 Stacy summary: The Truth About Markets New Zealand. Wikileaks. Totalitarianism. Afghanistan. Spying on your neighbor. And more. Download show HERE (mp3)!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – London – 31 July 2010 Stacy summary: Here are some of the articles I refer to: The Aftermath of the Global Housing Bubble Chokes the World Banking System, Market Ticker for charts on US GDP, BIS Gold Swap Update. Download show HERE (mp3)!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE65] On the Edge with Jim Willie
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Charles Goyette July 30, 2010. Charles Goyette, former Antiwar Radio co-contributor and author of The Dollar Meltdown : Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other Unconventional Investments, discusses the sacrifice of social programs to preserve the sacrosanct Pentagon budget, how American insularity breeds ignorance, the worthless 2300-page financial reform bill passed by Congress, how alternate systems of money and commerce will bypass Fed control and why oil and gold will hold their value against a declining dollar. LISTEN Charles Goyette (mp3) 39:38
• Eric Margolis and Tom Engelhardt July 29, 2010. This recording is excerpted from the KPFK Strategy Session program of July 26th. Scott Horton separately interviews Eric Margolis and Tom Engelhardt. The audio for Tom Engelhardt begins around 17:10. The complete recording can be heard HERE. Internationally syndicated columnist Eric Margolis discusses the differences between the WikiLeaks Afghan War files and the Pentagon Papers, why the media won’t press the issue and inflame public opinion against the war, the U.S. ultimatum after 9/11 that made Pakistan walk a tightrope between servitude and strategic interests, how private mercenary contractors got out of control and why troop surges are usually met with even larger resistance surges. THEN Tom Engelhardt, author of The American Way of War: How Bush’s Wars Became Obama’s, discusses the flood of new leaks following the WikiLeaks blockbuster, a possible insurgency within the U.S. military or intelligence services that is determined to end the Afghanistan War, the unprecedented secrecy revealed in the “Top Secret America” Washington Post piece and the markedly different emphasis in the U.K. Guardian vs. The New York Times on the WikiLeaks documents. The show ends with listener calls and some Q&A. LISTEN Margolis/Engelhardt (mp3) 44:44
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sarah Palin
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
• House Minority Leader John Boehner
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml