Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
UNREPORTED NEWS Project Censored has announced their Top 25 Censored Stories of 2009-2010 here Censored 2011- New Book Release on 9/15! Project Censored’s "Censored 2011: The Top Censored Stories of 2009-2010" is now available for pre-order here! This year’s volume is truly Media Democracy in Action. Not only does it cover the most under-reported stories the corporate media ignore, but this year’s Censored Deja Vu, Junk Food News and News Abuse, Signs of Health, and FAIR’s 10th anniversary of Fear and Favor in the News Room. A full Truth Emergency section debuts this year for "Censored 2011" to address State Crimes Against Democracy as well as analysis of the corporate media spin that led to the Iraq War and continues to hide US allied atrocities in the Middle East. GOOD ITEM! ORDER YOUR COPY NOW! MAKES A GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT! See Top 25 of 2011! "The mission of Project Censored is to teach students and the public about the role of a free press in a free society – and to tell the News That Didn’t Make the News and Why." So is it surprising only SIX corporations control over 90% of U.S. Media who DON'T report these stories? Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read @ theeconomiccollapseblog.com: These gigantic media corporations are not going to do anything to threaten their relationships with their biggest advertisers (such as the largest pharmaceutical companies that literally spend billions on advertising), and one way or another these gigantic media corporations are always going to express the ideological viewpoints of their owners. And these same corporations are (not surprisingly) funding the secret entities running attack ads across the land (for just one example see Pete Defazio @ NPR Following The Money Behind Mystery Attack Ads) imploring the populace to vote AGAINST THEIR OWN ECONOMIC INTERESTS! Raw Story sums it up in a Study: Most Americans want wealth distribution similar to Sweden: According to research (PDF) carried out by Michael I. Norton of Harvard Business School and Dan Ariely of Duke University, and flagged by Paul Kedrosky at the Infectious Greed blog, 92 percent of Americans would choose to live in a society with far less income disparity than the US, choosing Sweden's model over that of the US....The authors also note that, though there may be widespread agreement about income inequality, there is no agreement on what caused it or what should be done about it. "Americans exhibit a general disconnect between their attitudes towards economic inequality and their self-interest and public policy preferences, suggesting that even given increased awareness of the gap between ideal and actual wealth distributions, Americans may remain unlikely to advocate for policies that would narrow this gap," the authors argue. FOR EXAMPLE: Tax cuts for most wealthy and tax loop-holes for trans-national corporations. Privatize everything from health care and election vote tallying (see BradBlog.com) to roads and even water! Gut social safety nets like Medicare and Social Security. Dodging and weakening environmental laws (hello BP?). GMO food labeling and copyright law protections for GMO "inventions". Off-shoring jobs and gutting labor fairness and safety laws. Now, dear readers, what do you think CAUSES this disconnect? And which party advocates for these "free-market" policies? (trick question!) Hmmmmm. Here's a hint. The infamous SCOTUS Citizens United ruling has now opened the floodgates for even more Mystery Attack Ads. ThinkProgress tells us in Chamber Avoids Questions About Foreign Funding, Hosts Event With Its Foreign Bank Members Tomorrow As ThinkProgress reported, the Chamber has internal fundraising departments called “Business Councils” — like the U.S.-Bahrain Business Council and the U.S.-India Business Council — which are run by Chamber development officers. Promotions to join the Chamber have included promises that foreign firms obtain “access to the US Chamber of Commerce and everything that it does,” noting that the Chamber is “enormous within the US.” ThinkProgress has reported that the application to join the Business Councils welcome foreign-owned entities, and the application encourages businesses to wire or send their dues to the same general 501(c)(6) the Chamber is currently using for its political campaign advertisements all over the country... To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the Chamber hosting an event with Bahrain banks, or any foreign-owned banks. The problem arises if the Chamber is using foreign funding to help launch partisan advertising here in the United States. Read MORE at Exclusive: Foreign-Funded ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Running Partisan Attack Ads ! The largest attack campaign against Democrats this fall is being waged by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a trade association organized as a 501(c)(6) that can raise and spend unlimited funds without ever disclosing any of its donors. In case you missed it Thursday October 7th marked the beginning of YEAR TEN of the conflict in Afghanistan "Operation Enduring Freedom", the longest "war" in American history, even though the U.S. Congress never did declare "WAR" as required by the U.S. Constitution, costing over 1,300 U.S. lives and countless Afghan citizens' lives (can you say DRONE?) unequivocally in violation of many of the Charters of the United Nations, outlined in The Afghanistan War Is Illegal and Those Responsible Must be Held Criminally Accountable not to mention the HUGE taxpayer-funded fiscal outlay for this alleged "WAR" that is strangling the U.S. domestic economy now, on top of the Wall Street derivatives/mortgages/CDSs/CSOs Casino Capitalism fraud (seek Matt Taibbi's extensive coverage and ongoing coverage by Max Keiser on the 'net). Looking into the BTV Crystal Ball we see Norcini, Sinclair - Financial Hurricane To Collapse the System which notes Ultimately the Federal Reserve will be asked to step in and buy up the now worthless CDO’s and put those on its balance sheet. In order to do this the Federal Reserve will have to engage in massive quantitative easing, taking onto its balance sheet the worthless CDO’s in exchange for newly issued treasuries. This of course will have a horrific effect on the US Dollar which is why gold and silver are heading much higher. Think about these things when you vote on November 2nd. As usual the Sunday Talking Bobbleheads "Professional Right" will have none of this reality! See below for the lineup of troglodytes and apologists and our usual light-bringers. The Brick TeeVee Crew is heading out to Strawberry Fields in Central Park for JOHN LENNON's 70th Birthday Celebration! All we are saying is give peace a chance.
October 9, 1940 – November 8, 1980
Tune into BreakfastWithTheBeatles.com on Sunday 9 am et & 12 Midnight et for a TRIBUTE to JOHN LENNON
Sirius 25 - XM 59 - Little Steven's Underground Garage DISHTV 6025 - 8 am pst KLOS-FM 95.5 FM
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
And you thought you'd escape any mention of OIL! HAHA!
IN DEEP WATER – SPECIAL OFFER!!!
IN DEEP WATER: The Anatomy of a Disaster, the Fate of the Gulf, and How to End Our Oil Addiction. by Peter Lehner via MikeMalloy.com
“If you’re looking for something that connects the dots between the BP oil disaster, the harm it’s done to the Gulf of Mexico and the people paying the price, this book is it. In a clear and compelling voice, it explains the worst environmental catastrophe of our time, then shows the way forward to protect this national treasure, safeguard our future and break our destructive addiction to oil.” — Robert Redford
Get yours now! Get two! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Jennifer Brunner @ Democracy NOW! We speak to the targets of two of the raids and former FBI officer Coleen Rowley. WATCH NOW Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner on the Foreclosure Crisis and Her State’s Lawsuit Against Ally Financial
»»» Susan Reverby, professor of women’s and gender studies at Wellesley College @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Exposed: US Doctors Secretly Infected Hundreds of Guatemalans with Syphilis in the 1940s
»»» Investigative report by Democracy Now! @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Entrapment or Foiling Terror? FBI’s Reliance on Paid Informants Raises Questions about Validity of Terrorism Cases
»»» Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Against the War @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Operation Recovery": On 9th Anniversary of Afghan War, Veteran-Led Campaign Seeks to End Deployment of Traumatized Soldiers
»»» Peter Stone, reporter with the Center for Public Integr @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Campaign Cash: The Independent Fundraising Gold Rush Since Citizens United Ruling
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH John Lewis, All Fracked Up and Stop the Bullying
»»» COMMUNITY VIDEO @ GRITtv WATCH Making the Invisible People Visible - JNaomi Klein noted as well, "We don't have the ability to make the economically disposed-of people visible." Indeed, all over the country people are struggling just to survive in the current economic climate. Invisible People is a project aimed at doing just what Klein asked--making those people visible again. In this clip, they bring us the story of Jean and her kids.
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Pepsi Max 400 from Fontana CA! Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Division Series continues!
RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY OCTOBER 30th 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles. Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point. Get involved HERE!!!
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,424 US Military Dead as of Oct 7, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,322 US Military Dead as of Oct 7, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Connecticut Senate race: Republican Linda McMahon and Democrat Richard Blumenthal
• former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf
• France's Finance Minister Christine Lagarde
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• David Axelrod, White House Senior Adviser
• Ed Gillespie, Chairman of the Republican State Leadership Committee and Former Chair of the Republican National Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE SPEED TRADERS - Steve Kroft gets a rare look inside the secretive world "high-frequency trading," a controversial technique the SEC is scrutinizing in which computers can make thousands of stock trades in less than a second. Tom Anderson is the producer.
• MANDELA - A collection of his memoirs, mostly from the 27 years he spent in prison, reveal the innermost thoughts of the international civil rights giant Nelson Mandela, whose movement brought down the apartheid regime of South Africa. Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers.
• EMINEM - Anderson Cooper profiles the chart-topping rapper from Detroit who overcame addiction to reclaim the winning style that made him the biggest selling artist of the past decade. Tanya Simon is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Meet the Press will not air this Sunday, Oct. 3, due to NBC's coverage of the Ryder Cup
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Illinois: State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias (D) vs. Rep. Mark Kirk (R)
• ROUNDTABLE: Joe Klein, a columnist for Time Magazine and Peggy Noonan, columnist for The Wall Street Journal
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Wrap yer arms around the Subwoofer of Common Sense with High Preist Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - October 7, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Hungarian sludge spill reaches Europe's 2nd largest river; 'Poo Power' in the UK; Possible answer to the mysterious honeybee deaths; Global Work Party on 10-10-10; PLUS: The Clean Air Act, cheaper than advertised ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 179 Obama’s Hypocritical Positions on Torture; PBC says “I’ll Stop Whining If….”; Ted Rall’s Anti-American Manifesto; Will Durst Truthout’s Jason Leopold: Obama’s contradictory positions on torture; PBC’s memo to Obama and Biden–”I’ll stop whining when…”; Ted Rall talks about his new book, The Anti-American Manifesto; Will Durst on Democratic whiners
• PBC Podcast 180 Gerrymandering Denies Voters’ Rights, Lets Legislators Choose Their Voters Gerrymandering is a powerful new documentary about the ways our elected officials draw the maps that deprive voters a real choice in most state and Congressional elections. Director Jeff Reichert and Kathay Feng of Common Cause. California voters, don’t be fooled: Yes on 20, No on 27.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 8st, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Ed Schultz, the host of MSNBC’s The Ed Show, will be joining us to discuss last week’s One Nation Rally, and he’ll tell us what steps we as progressives need to take to continue this momentum and prevent the GOP from seizing power in Washington.
• Congressman Peter DeFazio of Oregon will step into the Ring (he’s also an amateur wrestler!) to tell us about his personal confrontation with one of those shadowy corporate-funded groups who are trying to buy – or is that steal — the mid-term elections from the American people.
• Documentary filmmaker Rory Kennedy, will be here to tell us about her latest film “The Fence,” which tells the story of the ill-conceived 2,000 mile long border fence that the US is currently building to keep out immigrants from Central America.
• And investigative journalist Paul Thacker will be joining us to discuss the lies and deceit that led to yet another dangerous pharmaceutical being released to the American public.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Tea Party Agenda Mirrors McCarthyismThis past weekend, tens of thousands of concerned Americans showed up in Washington, D.C. to join the One Nation Rally, and speak out against corporate abuse and the Teabagger agenda. Mike Papantonio attended the rally with keynote speaker Ed Schultz, and the two discuss the issue on today’s episode of The Ed Schultz Show.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Senator Whitehouse Expose Republican Obstructionists Recently, the Census Bureau released a new report showing that the poverty rate in America has risen to a staggering 14.3 percent. In addition, we now have roughly 10% of the American workforce unemployed, and that doesn’t include the numbers of people who are no longer receiving unemployment benefits or who have quit looking for work. And in spite of the Republicans’ claims that the Democrats are not doing enough to create jobs, the Senate passed a bill last week that would make billions of dollars available to small businesses to create more jobs for working Americans. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. discusses this bill, as well as the Senate’s other efforts to decrease the number of unemployed Americans, with Senator Sheldon Whitehouse.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Quantitative Easing in 5 seconds by maxkeiser
• Ellen Brown: Foreclosuregate and Obama’s “Pocket Veto” by maxkeiser IAmid a snowballing foreclosure fraud crisis, President Obama today blocked legislation that critics say could have made it more difficult for homeowners to challenge foreclosure proceedings against them.
• The Biggest Sell the News Event in Stock Market History by Michael Krieger The end game is accelerating toward us at an a frantic pace as we approach the midterm elections, the launch of QE2 and the complete collapse of the global monetary order as we now know it.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 83: 05 October 2010 – Guest: Gonzalo Lira
• KEISER REPORT “Keiser Report” No. 84: Defeat the NWO!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets London – 25 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Better late than never. Here’s The Truth About Markets from London yesterday. Download show HERE!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  Truth About Markets New Zealand – 28 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Yesterday’s Truth About Markets New Zealand is here! Download show HERE!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE73] Episode 73 – 01 October 2010, Guest: Ned Naylor-Leyland
• ON THE EDGE [OTE74] On the Edge with Ed Harrison Stacy summary: On the Edge with Ed Harrison of Creditwritedowns.com
• ON THE EDGE Press TV-On the Edge with Max Keiser-Norway, Agriculture & Precious metals
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Reese Erlich October 5, 2010: Reese Erlich, author of Conversations with Terrorists: Middle East Leaders on Politics, Violence, and Empire, discusses his firsthand account of Iranian street protests following the disputed 2009 election, why the CIA will have trouble co-opting the agendas of Iran’s opposition political parties, the Western tendency to ignore the existence of moderates and focus on the most radical element in Iran (oscillating from the ayatollahs to the president) and how the 1953 coup proves that U.S. policy is to install friendly regimes of any sort while paying lip service to democratic government. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 14:24
• Will Grigg October 5, 2010: Will Grigg, author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the popular fear that an all-powerful global Islamic Caliphate is impending – despite the fact nearly all Muslim countries are controlled by U.S.-friendly authoritarian governments, the displacement of ancient Christian communities during the U.S. occupation of Iraq and the resemblance of America’s increasing paranoia about Muslims to German antipathy toward Jews in the interwar period. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:22
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA)
• Majority's Chief Deputy Whip Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml