Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
WET INK The UK Daily Mail says it best in this headline Greedier than ever: Wall Street bankers to pocket record-breaking $91 BILLION just two years on from financial crisis! But the Gray Lady trumps that in Is Wall Street on Track for Record Pay? Total Wall Street compensation is on pace to reach $144 billion (!) for 2010, a record for the second consecutive year, a study by The Wall Street Journal finds. And compensation appears to be rising faster than bank revenue. How is this? Maybe fraud? CBS reports ALL 50 States Launch Joint Probe into Foreclosures. Perhaps Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray may have said it best: “What we have seen are not mere technicalities. This is about the private property rights of homeowners facing foreclosure and the integrity of our court system, which cannot enter judgments based on fraudulent evidence.” Yves Smith at nakedcapitalism is not so kind. The Wheels Are Coming Off in MBS Land: All 50 State AGs Join Probe; Banks Abandoning MERS Foreclosures : The trigger may have been the publication of a simply devastating analysis at the end of September, “Two Faces: Demystifying the Mortgage Electronic Registration System’s Land Title Theory” by Christopher L. Peterson. Even though I have read the critical MERS unfavorable opinions, this is the first time I am aware of that someone has looked at the operation of MERS from a broader legal perspective. It finds fundamental flaws in virtually every aspect of its operation. CNBC's Diana Olick points out in Foreclosure Fraud: It's Worse Than You Think The issue is in that final stage getting to the trust. The law demands that when the papers get moved around they are "wet ink" that is, real signatures on real paper. But Prof. Levin tells me that's not the worst of it. Affidavits assigned to the notes and security instruments are supposed to be endorsed over to the trust at the time of sale, but in many foreclosure scenarios the affidavits have been backdated illegally. Then Tyler Durden @ ZeroHedge outlines Quantifying The Full Impact Of Foreclosure Gate: Hundreds Of Billions To Start: As people finally realize that there is no getting away from a self-imposed (or sent from above) foreclosure moratorium reality, the next question is the quantification of what the hit to banks will be. As bank stock shares are demonstrating today, it will be substantial and is already starting to be priced in. According to FBR's Paul Miller, as cited by Bloomberg, "faulty foreclosures may cost U.S. lenders $2 billion for every month that home seizures are delayed and the tab could reach $6 billion... Investigations of how banks are seizing homes may prolong foreclosures by as much as three months, at a rough cost of $1,000 per month for each property in the pipeline. The biggest firms likely need to add staff to comb through the files, costing them each $1 million a year." This is a very a modest estimate. More importantly, a separate study by SNL Financial has determined that the total amount of residential (not commercial) mortgages in foreclosure between directly serviced, and those serviced for others, for the big three banks alone (JPM, WFC, BAC) is nearly a quarter of a trillion dollars! George Washington @ ZeroHedge itemizes in "At the Root of the Crisis We Find the Largest Financial Swindle in World History", Where "Counterfeit" Mortgages Were "Laundered" by the Banks : Indeed, the government is closing ranks with the banks. And instead of fixing the underlying problem, the government is still trying to prop up the whole rotten, falling down mess. THIS JUST IN from Richard Smith @ nakedcapitalism (h/t maddy) Not to be outdone, FDIC joins the robo-signing club, too "That’s right – while IndyMac was under FDIC “control”, bank officers were robo-signing affidavits...Do go and read the whole thing; it’s good for a hollow laugh or two, if your sense of humour runs that way." If you think any of it is getting better Michael Hudson at AlterNet explains Why the U.S. Has Launched a New Financial World War -- and How the Rest of the World Will Fight Back where you can learn all about the U.S.'s Quantitative Easing (QE) program and how we are all being f*%&ked by the IMF! On the other side of the coin RealEstateChannel reports Home Foreclosures Up 4% in Q3 as Banks Step Up Repossessions "RealtyTrac today released its U.S. Foreclosure Market Report for the third quarter of 2010, which shows that foreclosure filings -- default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions -- were reported on 930,437 properties in the third quarter, a nearly 4 percent increase from the previous quarter but a 1 percent decrease from the third quarter of 2009" which works out to about FOUR MILLION in the past year alone! And from ZeroHedge Unemployment Rate Ticks Up To 10.1% According To Gallup Then read all TEN parts of Slate's "The Great Divergence 2010: What's causing America's growing income inequality?" including Timothy's Noah's Part 6 The Great Divergence and the Death of Organized Labor (h/t Double D). Finally, Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman sums it all up in The Mortgage Morass: Now an awful truth is becoming apparent: In many cases, the documentation doesn’t exist. In the frenzy of the bubble, much home lending was undertaken by fly-by-night companies trying to generate as much volume as possible. These loans were sold off to mortgage “trusts,” which, in turn, sliced and diced them into mortgage-backed securities. The trusts were legally required to obtain and hold the mortgage notes that specified the borrowers’ obligations. But it’s now apparent that such niceties were frequently neglected. And this means that many of the foreclosures now taking place are, in fact, illegal. This is very, very bad. Krugman says it's ILLEGAL! Don't look to the Sunday Funnies for much coverage on these issues as they are focused on election politics, now that Congress has recessed to campaign. Take This Anampour who will cover the gripping topic "Woman's Nation Takes on Alzheimer's" and the Delaware Senate race. Face the Bob gets HOWARD DEAN and solid brick targets LINDSEY GRAHAM and LIZ CHENEY while Meet the David covers the Colorado Senate race and WH Press Sec BOB "hypocritical transparency crusader" GIBBS. State of the Candy talks with WH Senior Adviser DAVID AXELROD and after football see 60 Minutes about homeless veterans. Check our regulars including PBC with BradBlog's BRAD FRIEDMAN, Ring of Fire with JEFF SHARLETT, plus Max's take on a new-yet-unreleased wikileaks bombshell. And don't miss Reverend Billy from the Church of Life After Shopping on GRITtv talking about Appalachia Rising and Prayer Meetin' Wednesday on the Horn with Reverend Bob Kincaid! Can we get an Amen? The Brick TeeVee Crew is still buzzing over the trip to Strawberry Fields last weekend! We even met the Mayor of Strawberry Fields (who we were told is hired by Yoko). So many people came all day, people playing guitars and everybody singing Lennon and Beatles tunes, in harmony and knowing all the words too! You can view a few pics HERE. Also, our crop of tomatoes is so huge we are making Pickled Green Tomatoes with what's left on the vine! Looks like at least eight quarts worth! Then the rest of the red tomatoes are going into salsa with the hot peppers we grew. Have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» CALIFORNIA VOTERS PROP 19 SEE JudgeJimGray.com & LEAP Law Enforcement Against Prohibition VOTE YES ON PROP 19!
»»» CALIFORNIA VOTERS PROP 23 READ Yes On Prop 23 Campaigners ‘Very Thankful’ For Out-Of-State Oil Companies’ Funding @ ThinkProgress VOTE NO ON PROP 23!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» John le Carré @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Exclusive: British Novelist John le Carré on the Iraq War, Corporate Power, the Exploitation of Africa and His New Novel, "Our Kind of Traitor"
»»» Lawyer Matthew Weidner and Bruce Marks, the founder and CEO of the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Why Are Bailed-Out Banks Breaking into Struggling Borrowers’ Homes?
»»» Dafna Linzer, senior reporter at ProPublica @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW A Tale of 2 Gitmo Opinions: Ruling Altered to Hide Evidence of Dead, Tortured Witnesses
»»» Ananya Roy, Professor in the Department of City and Regional Planning at the University of California, Berkeley @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ananya Roy on California’s Education Battle and "Poverty Capital: Microfinance and the Making of Development"
»»» CA PROP 19 @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Backing Prop 19, California NAACP Calls Marijuana Legalization a Civil Rights Issue
»»» CA PROP 23 @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Environmental Groups Confront Oil Industry-Backed Attempt to Repeal California’s Landmark Emissions Law in Prop 23
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH At the Tea Party
»»» GRITtv Digs @ GRITtv WATCH GRITtv Digs: Conspiracy Tactics, Part One - We're proud to be launching a new investigative series, GRITtv Digs. Producer Charlie Stuart unravels a right-wing deception that is attacking reproductive freedom and breaking up Barack Obama's voting base by equating fetal rights with civil rights. Check out the first installment of this new GRITtv series, "Conspiracy Tactics".
»»» Reverend Billy @ GRITtv WATCH Rev. Billy & Savitri D Spread The Anti-Corporate Gospel: Earth-a-lujah! - Reverend Billy, Savitri D and the Church of Life After Shopping Choir are continuing to spread their gospel across the country. Their Earth-a-lujah! Tour is heading to California but first Rev. Billy and Savitri D stop by GRITtv to talk about the recently rescued Chilean miners, as well as their recent work, including protesting mountain-top removal and facing down against bigotry and discrimination by government officials.
»»» MLB on TBS ALCS Series continues!
»»» MLB on FOX NLCS Series continues!
RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY OCTOBER 30th 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles. Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point. Get involved HERE!!!
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,425 US Military Dead as of Oct 14, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,341 US Military Dead as of Oct 14, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Delaware Senate race: Republican Christine O'Donnell and Democrat Chris Coons.
• "Woman's Nation Takes on Alzheimer's." Amanpour has an exclusive interview with Maria Shriver
• ROUNDTABLE: Meghan McCain, George Will, Terry Moran and Matthew Dowd
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Howard Dean, Former Chairman, Democratic National Committee
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)
• Liz Cheney, Republican Strategist and Chairwoman, Keep America Safe
• William Galston, Deputy Assistant for Domestic Policy, Clinton administration and Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• CITY OF DAVID - Lesley Stahl reports from under the city of Jerusalem from a controversial archeological dig that has become a flashpoint in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
• STAND DOWN - Some veterans returning from Iraq or Afghanistan into the recession are finding themselves homeless. Scott Pelley reports on an annual encampment in San Diego where veterans can find hope, help and services. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• MARKET STREET - Morley Safer reports on a mystery that was solved about a 100-year-old film that we now know was made on San Francisco's Market Street just days before the 1906 earthquake. David Browning is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• COLORADO SENATE DEBATE: Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet squares off with Republican Ken Buck
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senior Adviser to the President David Axelrod.
• Gary Bauer, chair of the Campaign for Working Families
• ROUNDTABLE: Evan Tracey of the Campaign Media Analysis Group and Michael Duffy, Assistant Managing Editor of Time.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Wrap yer arms around the Subwoofer of Common Sense with High Preist Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - October 14, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama lifts the ban on offshore oil drilling, even as oil continues to wash up on beach in the Gulf; Google goes offshore too - with wind; A new solar project on public lands in Nevada; Seattle says goodbye to the big yellow phone book ... PLUS: Good news for a change: all 33 Chilean Miners are rescued ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 181 Iran, China Try to Hack D.C. Voting System, as U Mich DOES Hack It; Novelist Mike Palecek on “Camp America” Bradblog Bombshell: U of Michigan team hacks into D.C. election system, finds evidence that Chinese and Iranian computers had tried to hack in; novelist Mike Palecek on his latest, Camp America.
• PBC Podcast 182 New Nuke Plant Cancelled, Obama Blunders on Climate Change; New Griffin Book Challenges Cass Sunstein; Chew Reviews Facebook Movie Michael Marriotte comments on cancellation of new nuke plant and The New Yorker’s report on failed climate change legislation; Tod Fletcher subs for David Ray Griffin on DRG’s shredding of White House advisor Cass Sunstein’s attack on 9/11 truth advocates; and Gary Chew reviews The Social Network.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 15th, 2010
• This Week on Ring of Fire Radio, author Jeff Sharlet will be here to give us a look into the secretive group known as The Family and how their secret gathering on C Street is helping to keep Family members in power across the country.
• Ever wonder why professional sports teams are subsidized by taxpayer funds but have no loyalty to the cities that support them? Dave Zirin, author of the controversial new book, “Bad Sports: How Owners Are Ruining the Games We Love,” will tell us how we can beat the owners at their own game!
• Christy Setzer from US Chamber Watch will be here to tell us the Chamber of Commerce’s latest plans to flood campaigns with corporate money to insure that only pro-business, anti-consumer candidates make it to Washington.
• And we’ll be talking with attorney and consumer advocate Ben Gordon about why the FDA allowed Johnson & Johnson to keep a faulty hip implant on the market for years, even when their own research showed that it was causing damage to patients.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: US Chamber Hates Small BusinessesPresident Obama is going after the US Chamber of Commerce for using foreign money to influence campaigns in America. This has prompted the right wing to accuse the president of being anti-business. But as Mike Papantonio points out on CNBC’s The Call, the Chamber is the one who is anti-business.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: What a Tea Party America Will Look Like Sharron Angle had her first debate with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid this week, and the Tea Party candidate told the Senator to “man up.” In her mind, that must mean he should “man up” and dismantle the Department of Education, pull the US out of the UN, and allow corporations to privatize everything in America. That’s the Tea Party’s vision of America, and Mike Papantonio appears on Ed Schultz’s MSNBC show to tell us what the Tea Party’s America will look like.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Superbombs and Secret Jails: What to Look for in WikiLeaks’ Iraq Docs by maxkeiser After a brief quiescence, the secret-spilling website WikiLeaks is about to explode again onto the global stage with the impending release of almost 400,000 secret U.S. Army reports from the Iraq War, marking the largest military leak in U.S. history.
• Monsanto Now “Owns” Blackwater (Xe)? by maxkeiser A report by Jeremy Scahill in The Nation (Blackwater’s Black Ops, 9/15/2010) revealed that the largest mercenary army in the world, Blackwater (now called Xe Services) clandestine intelligence services was sold to the multinational Monsanto. See Blackwater's Black Ops @ The Nation
• BREAKING: Bill Gross and PIMCO are up to their margined neck in soon to be worthless foreclosure-mess backed bonds by maxkeiser If the entire MBS model is indeed unwound as some speculate, this could well be the end of PIMCO (and how poetic that would be). @ zerohedge
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 85: 12 October 2010 – Guest: Barry Ritholtz
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 86: 14 October 2010 – Guest: Eric Janszen
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets London – 09 October 2010 Stacy Summary: YWe’re back with moral hazard, subsidizing bad behavior, devaluing currencies, gold vigilantes, banana republicanism, Tony Benn in Trafalgar Square, listeners’ family selling their body in Camden Town, Eric Janszen, energy efficiency and wasted BTUs, when free energy used to mean ‘communism’ and it now means ‘capitalism’ and putting enough quantitative easing in front Download show HERE!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE73] Episode 73 – 01 October 2010, Guest: Ned Naylor-Leyland
• ON THE EDGE [OTE74] On the Edge with Ed Harrison Stacy summary: On the Edge with Ed Harrison of Creditwritedowns.com
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
PROGRAMMING NOTE: [I've been out of town takin' care of some bidness. Show returns at its regular time on Monday. 1,500 re-runs here. -Scott]
• Grant F. Smith October 14, 2010: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C., discusses the Israel-Palestine peace talks that exist only as a U.S. midterm election political sideshow, the quick and effective legal solution to the problem of excessive Israel-lobby influence, the pattern of generous treatment toward spies Marc Rich and Ben-Ami Kadish that could mean a Jonathan Pollard pardon is in the works and why learning the identity of super-spy “Mega” isn’t very important while Congress regularly performs the same role. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 27:11
• Philip Giraldi October 14, 2010: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the establishment of CIA front companies in Yemen and Somalia that may presage military incursions, the exorbitant price we pay to maintain an empire at permanent war, the 180 degree divergence between Obama’s rhetoric and actions and why terrorism itself can’t destroy the U.S. but decades of overreaction can. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 29:59
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. John Cornyn, (R) Texas / Chrmn. NRSC
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, (D) Missouri
• Carly Fiorina, US Senate Candidate (R-CA)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml