Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
FRAUDCLOSURE & ALPHABET CITY! If last week's missive didn't get your attention then we ask What do HUD, MBA, FBI, FASB, PCA, TARP, BofA, FDIC, FHFA, SEC and CEO all have in common? We turn to L. Randall Wray & William K. Black @ HuffPo Foreclose on the Foreclosure Fraudsters, Part 1: Put Bank of America in Receivership "The inflated asset values allow the Fed and the administration to ignore the Fed's massive loss exposure and allow Treasury to spread propaganda claiming that TARP resolved all the problems -- at virtually no cost. Donovan claims that we have held the elite frauds accountable -- but we have done the opposite. We have made the CEOs of the largest financial firms -- typically already among the 500 wealthiest Americans -- even wealthier. We have rewarded fraud, incompetence, and venality by our most powerful elites. If the government does not hold the fraudulent CEOs responsible, who is supposed to stop the epidemic of elite financial fraud? The Obama administration's answer is the fraudulent CEOs themselves, at a time of their choosing. You can't make this stuff up....The key facts are that there was massive fraud by nonprime lenders and packagers of fraudulent nonprime loans at the direction of their controlling officers. By "massive" we mean that lenders made millions of fraudulent loans annually and that packagers turned most of these fraudulent loans into fraudulent securities. These fraudulent loans and securities made the senior officers (and corrupted professionals that blessed their frauds) rich, hyper-inflated the bubble, devastated millions of working class borrowers and middle class home owners, and contributed significantly to the Great Recession -- by far the worst economic collapse since the 1930s....Foreclosure fraud is the only thing standing between the banks and Armageddon. " (h/t ljm). Do read all of this essay to get the complete astounding picture. You also should take in Special Report: The Haves, the Have-Nots and the Dreamless Dead by Reuters' Emily Kaiser @ Common Dreams for what's happening "on the ground" in the U.S. Then across the pond the people aren't taking it so casually with France in turmoil as nationwide strike over pension reform stretches on (WaPo). Speaking of "on the ground" as promised WikiLeaks releases trove of Iraq documents @ Raw Story: At 4:47 EST, however, the site noted that Al Jazeera had broken the embargo on the documents by 30 minutes and that all other news sources were being released from the embargo as a result. So far, BBC, the Guardian, the New York Times, and Der Spiegel have English-language reports on various aspects of the release. There is also more detailed analysis at iraqwarlogs.com. According to Der Spiegel, the release consists of "391,832 field reports from US soldiers from a Pentagon database. ... They show the everyday aspects of the campaign as US soldiers experienced it. The thousands of threat analyses, attack reports and arrest records allow a very precise reconstruction of the escalation of the sectarian battle between the Shiites and Sunnis, how it brutalized Iraqi society and how kidnappings, executions and the torture of prisoners became routine practices. The reports also provide some evidence that neighboring countries including Syria and Iran were involved in the war." More Raw Story Kucinich on WikiLeaks: ‘American people have a right to know’: "We need a true accounting of the war in Iraq. The American people have a right to know how many innocent civilians were killed in a war based on lies. We must remember that the Iraqi people are still grieving over the loss of husbands, wives, sons and daughters who were innocent noncombatants," Kucinich stated. "We have a moral responsibility to acknowledge the massive loss to the people of Iraq and the world. ... The suffering of the Iraqi people is unfathomable." From Guardian UK Iraq war logs: secret files show how US ignored torture. The analysis of this doc dump is just starting so tune in next week. We find it most disturbing that members of The Pentagon can elicit that wikileaks has "blood on their hands" while they themselves are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths ("collateral damage" The Empire calls it) even from computer screens guiding drones from their own U.S. bunkers far away from the "battlefield". Oh, that's right. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and the nation's senior military officer have spoken of "a global struggle against violent extremism" rather than "the global war on terror," From GWOT to GSAVE in just a couple weeks.(Weekly Standard August 8, 2005 issue!). So the entire globe is the battlefield, RIGHT? Meanwhile the Sunday Professional Right has other stories to bother you with. For instance see FORMER Head Honcho Joint Chiefs GENERAL HUGH SHELTON and brick target ED GILLESIPI on This Anampour while Face the Bob gets known troll KARL "TURDBLOSSOM" ROVE and DCCC's CHRIS VAN HOLLEN. Meet the David scores an "exclusive! oooo aaahhh" with RNC's MICHAEL STEEL. At least RACHEL MADDOW is on the panel. Best bet might be the 9 am et State of Candy with the Florida trio of GUVNOR CHARLIE CRIST, Dem KENDRICK MEEK & Teabagger MARCO RUBIO! Haha! This should be good! Save THE REST of yer bricks for faux-Dem Friend-Of-Coal (FOCCER) JOE MANCHIN on Fake Snooze Sunday. Notice they didn't invite Mountain Party Candidate JESSE JOHNSON FOR U.S. SENATE. Then after football check out 60 Minutes "THE 99ERS". For much more on FRAUDCLOSURE see the expanded Max Keiser section plus listen to AntiWar Radio with biggies ANDREW COCKBURN, GARETH PORTER, ERIC MARGOLIS and PEPE ESCOBAR (can't miss!). Ring of Fire is excellent with a story "how the US Chamber of Commerce is working to make sure that industry-friendly Republicans unseat as many Progressives as possible" while PBC discusses how the "FBI can track your car without warrant" NO CHIT! Much much more news in the BTV Alerts you should click on instead of watching The Professional Right on Sunday Morning, RIGHT? The BTV Crew is gearing up for the best holiday of all, All Hallow's Eve. Make sure to point out and correct anyone who sez "HOLLOWeen"! It's HALLOWEEN! See you next week! Costumes Required!HERE HERE
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» CALIFORNIA VOTERS PROP 19 SEE JudgeJimGray.com & LEAP Law Enforcement Against Prohibition VOTE YES ON PROP 19!
»»» CALIFORNIA VOTERS PROP 23 READ Yes On Prop 23 Campaigners ‘Very Thankful’ For Out-Of-State Oil Companies’ Funding @ ThinkProgress VOTE NO ON PROP 23!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW EXCLUSIVE: WikiLeaks Prepares Largest Intel Leak in US History with Release of 400,000 Iraq War Docs We speak to the nation’s most famous whistleblower, Daniel Ellsberg, who leaked the secret history of the Vietnam War in 1971, just before he heads to London to participate in the WikiLeak press conference.
»»» Angela Davis @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Angela Davis on the Prison Abolishment Movement, Frederick Douglass, the 40th Anniversary of Her Arrest and President Obama’s First Two Years
»»» Joseph Stiglitz @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz: Foreclosure Moratorium, Government Stimulus Needed to Revive US Economy
»»» NAACP REPORT @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW NAACP Report Ties Tea Party to Militia and Racist Groups
»»» Environmentalist Terry Tempest Williams@ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 6 Months Since BP Oil Spill, Writer and Environmentalist Terry Tempest Williams Asks "Where Is Our Outrage?"
»»» CA PROP 23 @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Environmental Groups Confront Oil Industry-Backed Attempt to Repeal California’s Landmark Emissions Law in Prop 23
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH The Loaded Chamber and It Gets Better
»»» Jane Hamsher & Nathan Newman @ GRITtv WATCH Jane Hamsher & Nathan Newman: Taxes, Marijuana and More on the Ballot - Jane Hamsher of FireDogLake joins us via Skype and Nathan Newman, formerly of the Progressive States Network, is in studio to discuss the various ballot initiatives and their effect both on voter turnout and on actual governance.
»»» Dr. Joycelyn Elders @ GRITtv WATCH Dr. Joycelyn Elders: Marijuana, Masturbation and Medicine - Dr. Joycelyn Elders is no stranger to making controversial statements in public, so her support of California's Proposition 19, the marijuana legalization ballot initiative, shouldn't be surprising. After all, years ago she was ousted as Bill Clinton's Surgeon General after noting that a discussion of masturbation should be part of educating young people on avoiding HIV infection.
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Tums Fast Relief 500 from Martinsville!
»»» MLB on FOX The World Series! Check local listings!
RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY OCTOBER 30th 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles. Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point. Get involved HERE!!!
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,422 US Military Dead as of Oct 20, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,348 US Military Dead as of Oct 20, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton (Ret.)
• Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Tim Kaine
• ROUNDTABLE: Anita Dunn from the Obama Administration and Ed Gillespie from the Bush Administration
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Karl Rove, Fox News Contributor
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE 99ERS - Even after an extension of unemployment benefits to 99 weeks, many of those without work are still jobless and in a quandary. Scott Pelley talks to some of them in California's Silicon Valley. Robert Anderson, Daniel Ruetenik and Nicole Young are the producers.
• JANE GOODALL - Jane Goodall brings Lara Logan and 60 MINUTES cameras back to the forests of Tanzania, where she began her love affair with chimpanzees 50 years ago, to remind the public that chimps are endangered. Max McClellan is the producer.
• TOP GEAR - A quirky British television show about cars has become a hit almost everywhere but the U.S. Steve Kroft reports on "Top Gear," whose witty humor, outrageous speed, destructive vehicle stunts and car reviews attract an estimated weekly worldwide audience of 350 million according to the BBC. Graham Messick and Michael Karzis are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• RNC Chairman Michael Steele
• ROUNDTABLE: David Brooks of The New York Times; E.J. Dionne of The Washington Post; Chair of the Democratic Leadership Council Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN); Rachel Maddow, the host of msnbc's "The Rachel Maddow Show"; and CNBC’s On-Air Editor, Rick Santelli.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• A special edition of State of the Union from Florida
• Florida Senate Debate with Gov. Charlie Crist (I), Rep. Kendrick Meek (D), Marco Rubio (R) live at 9am ET
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!! Put yer feet up and have a cold one with Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - October 21, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Is Beck the missing link?; Anti-science candidates poised to take over U.S. Congress, governorships; U.S. Chamber of Commerce wants to teach your kids about energy regulations; the BP Oil Disaster in the Gulf, six months on ... PLUS: Save the birds --- paint your wind turbines purple ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 183 Ex-Detainee on Life After Gitmo; FBI Raids & Secret GPS Monitoring; Col. Ann Wright on Israel’s Deadly Attack on Flotilla & Creech 14 Update; Will Durst: Got No Milk FBI can track your car without warrant; Col. Ann Wright on 5/31/10 Israeli attack on Gaza Flotilla and update on Creech 14 trial; Will Durst on the evils of milk.
• PBC Podcast 184 Ex-Viet POW Phil Butler on “3 Lives of a Warrior”; Gary Chew Reviews “Nowhere Boy” Dr. Phil Butler was the 7th-longest serving POW in North Viet Nam, his powerful new book is Three Lives of a Warrior; Gary Chew reviews the film about John Lennon’s early years, Nowhere Boy.
• PBC Podcast 185 Ex-POW Phil Butler, Part 2: McCain is “Massive Hypocrite”; replay of Life After Gitmo Second installment of Dr. Phil Butler, former Vietnam POW and now a warrior for peace; replay of Life After Guantanamo–Another Level of Hell.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 22th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, author and co-founder of Progressive Strategies, LLC Mike Lux will be here to tell us how Wall Street is once again raking in huge profits by swindling America’s poor and middle class families.
• Professor Paul Froese, co-author of America’s Four Gods: What We Say About God – And What That Says About Us, enters the Ring to explain how our view of God also determines what we think about politics, economics, war, natural disasters and even love.
• Former California legislator and founder of Speak Out California, Hannah Beth Jackson, will tell us why the Golden State is the bellwether of our national politics, in everything from environmental protection to the legalization of marijuana.
• And Linda Lipsen, the CEO of the American Associate for Justice, will be here to tell us why this election is so important for the civil justice system, and how the US Chamber of Commerce is working to make sure that industry-friendly Republicans unseat as many Progressives as possible.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! US Chamber Attacks Middle Class Americans The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently announced plans to pour more than $75 million dollars into political campaigns this year, on top of the $133 million dollars they’ve already spent on lobbying this year. And if you think that they’re doing this to help small businesses and consumers, you’d better think again. The Chamber has a very specific agenda that only benefits major corporations, and Mike Papantonio discusses that agenda with Christ Setzer, Communications Director for US Chamber Watch
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Tell Teabaggers to go to Hell at the Polls It appears that the Tea Party is getting desperate. They know that they will never attract minority voters, so they’ve come up with a new plan – They are simply going to prevent those folks from making it to the voting booth. Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss the GOP/Tea Party’s efforts at “voter caging” in the 2010 midterm election
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• CNBC predicts Congress will retroactively legalize foreclosure fraud by maxkeiser Read RawStory Congress will pass a bill to “forgive” banks the potentially criminal errors made in foreclosure proceedings, a senior CNBC editor predicts.
• Corbett Report: Max Keiser breaks down the foreclosure crisis and the wholesale fraud that is being perpetrated out in the open by the banksters Interview #243 – Max Keiser
• VIDEO! FRAUDCLOSURE: “MBS INVESTORS ARE CALLING THEIR LAWYERS” by maxkeiser
• Guest Post: Gold Will Explode Higher as the U.S. Dollar Bubble Bursts by Michael Krieger I haven’t taken the time to write about gold in length as of late because quite frankly there is so much quality stuff being written about it at this point. In addition, the understanding of the monetary system and the dangers of fiat money in general is so much better than it was even a year ago. Nevertheless, while the understanding is considerably better it remains poor. While it has become a bit cliché, the statement that “gold is not going up but the dollar is going down” is the most important concept for every investor and indeed citizen to understand at this point. Completely wrapping one’s head around this concept may very well be the difference between economic survival and complete destruction in the years ahead. For when you truly comprehend this notion you stop thinking about gold in terms of its price and you can then make a rational decision about where it is going.
• The Curious Circle of Koch: Climate Change Denial Industry, the Tea Party ‘Grassroots’ and Now Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Stacy Summary: Interesting bed fellows in the Koch Brothers orgy of oligarchy, monopoly and ignorance. Fascinating to watch Leo Straussian thought in practice, however, as the Kochs hang out with other elites in Aspen of all places to fund ‘anti-elite’ ‘grassroots’ campaigns for the masses. Make the people think it’s their idea to empower the oligarchs by creating hysteria that the oligarchs are, in fact, behind the very legislation that would dismantle (or perhaps check) their unchecked oligarchies and monopolies. Genius. READ Blackstone & Goldman also attended Koch meeting in Aspen @ businessinsider.com
• Guest Post: The Civil Rights Issue of the 21st Century by Damon Vrabel Debt-free money: the cause that should be uniting the world–the people of the world–despite how much a powerful few wants us distracted and fighting each other as they pull their poker chips off the table and try to impose global austerity…
• WTF is wrong with the SEC? They are much worse than the Fed. by maxkeiser See Open Letter To The SEC’s Worthless Enforcement Division @ zerohedgeNation
• Max Keiser: News Analysis 1 – French Protests by maxkeiser If the entire MBS model is indeed unwound as some speculate, this could well be the end of PIMCO (and how poetic that would be). @ zerohedge
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report No. 87: Markets! Finance! Scandal! and Bruce Lee Economics! Interview with Ellen Brown, author of Web of Debt. Original air date: Tuesday, 19 October 2010.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 88: 21 October 2010 – Guest: Peter Schiff
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About . . . Pantsuits – RDU 98.5 Christchurch Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets, Christchurch, NZ from Tuesday, 19 October 2010. Download show HERE!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – 23 October 2010 Stacy Summary: Tadah! Download show HERE!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE75] Episode 75 – 17 October 2010, Guest: J.S. Kim
• ON THE EDGE [OTE78] – “On the Edge with Max Keiser” Guest: Rick Ackerman
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Andrew Cockburn October 21, 2010: Andrew Cockburn, author of Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall and Catastrophic Legacy, discusses his review of Joy Gordon’s Invisible War: The United States and the Iraq Sanctions, how innocuous-sounding sanctions fail to engender the popular opposition that a war does even though the death and destruction levels are on par and how the Clinton administration changed the requirements to end sanctions to depose Saddam Hussein and score domestic political points. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:19
• Gareth Porter October 21, 2010: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the U.N. fact finding mission that concluded Israeli commandos executed flotilla-activist and U.S. citizen Furkan Dogan, the media blackout (and silence from the Obama administration) on the U.N. report and any discussion of Israel’s culpability and how the threshold for using lethal force was lowered after initial boarding attempts by the Israeli commandos were thwarted. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:11
• Eric Margolis October 22, 2010: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses the longstanding corruption of Pakistan’s civilian leadership and judicial system, the hidden and undemocratic method of U.S. war funding and why it’s long past time to bring the troops home from their myriad places of occupation. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:58
• Pepe Escobar October 22, 2010: Asia Times columnist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “And the winner is … Muqtada,” whether an Iraqi civil war will commence if and when a coalition government excluding Sunnis is formed, hopes that national identity can trump factional and religious schisms and the pie-in-the-sky neoconservative dreams of winning hearts and minds throughout the Middle East. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:02
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Pat Toomey, US Senate Candidate (R-PA)
• Gov. Joe Manchin, US Senate Candidate (D-WV)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml