Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Election 2014 Preview Sunday! We're running way late as the 1st Annual All Hallows Eve Heavy Metal Costume Ball kicked ass! We're still regrouping from the horror! Stay tuned and check back later today for our missive. Election Day is this Tuesday November 4th! OHIO VOTERS We recommend NINA TURNER for Ohio Secretary of State and ask you watch this clip from November 10, 2012 by MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry Melissa Harris-Perry’s Open Letter To Ohio Sec. Jon Husted: Courts Not Fooled By Your ‘Shenanigans’ “Dear Secretary Husted,” she began. “It’s me, Melissa. Can I call you Jon? How you feeling today? Still a little sore, I’d imagine. Getting beaten so forcefully with all that backlash had to sting a bit. Probably going to leave a mark. After all, you spent the better part of this year throwing the full force of your power as secretary of state into restricting the right of some Ohioans to vote.” WATCH this video from MSNBC on MEDIA-ITE's link and VOTE FOR NINA TURNER! (hat-tip to WRUW-FM's Meryl Johnson for snagging this clip on her Saturday Public Affairs show "It's About Justice" (mp3).) We'll be back later for this week's screed so stop back later. In the meantime check out all our regulars especially BradBlog for all the voter-suppression news this election season including Brad on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann! See you soon! TURN BACK YER CLOCKS as we FALL BACKWARD!
And here's another comment and reminder to see the new movie "Kill The Messenger". JAMES DiEUGENIO at ConsortiumNews.com explains ‘Kill the Messenger’: Rare Truth-telling Exclusive: Much of modern American filmmaking is escapist and vapid, but not “Kill the Messenger,” the new movie recounting the brave Contra-cocaine reporting by Gary Webb and his subsequent destruction at the hands of the mainstream media, writes James DiEugenio.
GOT SOLAR? JEFF SPROSS at ThinkProgress.org/climate finds An Innovative New Way For Normal People To Invest In Solar Power ........ The country’s biggest solar services firm and its leading installer of rooftop solar systems, SolarCity announced on Wednesday that it’s now offering bonds online to everyday investors, the New York Times reported. ........... The new direct-to-consumer bonds are admittedly smaller and come with lower rates than the bonds SolarCity has sold in the traditional market. ........... By giving everyday investors a stake in the energy source, solar bonds can also serve as an implicit marketing program or awareness-raiser for solar power and green policy. “If you have some skin in the game, then you’re going to want [solar] to succeed in the same way as when you invest in a stock, you want that stock to be successful,” Amy Davidsen, the U.S. executive director of The Climate Group, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote clean energy technology, told The Guardian. “[This] will include supporting policies to help support clean energy.” A similar dynamic has played out in Germany, where citizens locally own about half of the country’s renewable power capacity, meaning they benefit from the returns on the investment. That’s kept support high for Germany’s green energy policies, even as they’ve arguably helped contribute to high residential electricity bills, thanks to some quixotic design choices. SolarCity’s situation is a bit different — its raising capital to install solar systems, as opposed to offering ownership in the systems themselves — but the end effect of giving the bond customer a personal stake in the social and economic fate of renewable power more broadly. ..............
For more climate news we go to Truth-Out.org and Dahr Jamail | As Casualties Mount, Scientists Say Global Warming Has Been "Hugely Underestimated" As we look across the globe this month, the signs of a continued escalation of the impacts of runaway anthropogenic climate disruption (ACD) continue to increase, alongside a drumbeat of fresh scientific studies confirming their connection to the ongoing human geo-engineering project of emitting carbon dioxide at ever-increasing rates into the atmosphere. A major study recently published in New Scientist found that "scientists may have hugely underestimated the extent of global warming because temperature readings from southern hemisphere seas were inaccurate," and said that ACD is "worse than we thought" because it is happening "faster than we realized." As has become predictable now, as evidence of increasing ACD continues to mount, denial and corporate exploitation are accelerating right along with it. .................... Read on for much more from Dahr Jamail!
Here are a few more from ThinkProgress:
- ARI PHILLIPS Cable News Ignores Dire New Report On Climate Change, Features Rant From Unhinged Climate Denier John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel in the 1980s and is affiliated with the Heartland Institute, tells CNN's Reliable Sources that "if you get down to the hard, cold facts there’s no question about it – climate change is not happening."
- ARI PHILLIPS Why Oil And Gas Giants Are Trying To Buy Three Local Elections In California "To allow a single industry, whatever that industry might be, to introduce that magnitude of risk to the local groundwater supply makes no sense to me."
- JOE ROMM World’s Scientists Warn: We Have ‘High Confidence’ In The ‘Irreversible Impacts’ Of Climate Inaction The world’s top scientists and governments have issued their bluntest plea yet to the world: Slash carbon pollution now (at a very low cost) or risk “severe, pervasive and irreversible impacts for people and ecosystems.”
- KIRA LERNER 10 Issues Voters Will Be Deciding On Election Day, From Minimum Wage Bumps To Marijuana Legalization
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Carissa Guild, a nurse with Doctors Without Borders Back from West Africa, a U.S. Nurse Says Quarantining Medical Workers Threatens Ebola Response
- Jeffrey Sachs, leading economist and the director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University & Nancy Kass, professor of bioethics and public health at Johns Hopkins University From Fear-Mongering to Crippling Debt, Lapses in Politics and Health Hurt Global Effort on Ebola
- Mumia Abu-Jamal Mumia Abu-Jamal Speaks Out from Prison on Pennsylvania’s New Law Censoring Convicts’ Speech
- Ihsaan Gardee, executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims Attack on Canadian Parliament Fuels "Anti-Terror" Laws, Ignoring Ties to Mental Illness, Drug Abuse
- Allan Nairn, journalist and activist As Indonesia’s New President Takes Office, Cabinet Includes Officials Tied to Atrocities of Old
- Sheldon Krimsky, co-editor of the new book, The GMO Deception: What You Need to Know about the Food, Corporations, and Government Agencies Putting Our Families and Our Environment at Risk Monsanto, BigAg Spend Millions Fighting Colorado, Oregon Ballot Measures to Label GMO Foods
- Antonio French, St. Louis alderman of the 21st Ward Will Mike Brown’s Killer Avoid Charges in Ferguson? Cops Stockpile Riot Gear Amid "Troubling" Leaks
- Shane Bauer, award-winning investigative journalist and senior reporter at Mother Jones magazine Arming the Warrior Cop: From Guns to Drones, Inside the Booming Business of Police Militarization His cover story is "The Making of the Warrior Cop."
- Antonio Buehler, founder of Peaceful Streets Project Is Filming a Police Officer a "Domestic Threat"? Austin Activist on Trial for Videotaping an Arrest
- Lawrence Gostin, university professor and faculty director at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University Showdown over Ebola: Will Quarantines of Healthcare Workers Harm the Fight Against Epidemic?
- Justin Elliott, reporter for ProPublica & Richard Rieckenberg, former disaster expert with the Red Cross "The Red Cross’ Secret Disaster": Charity Prioritized PR over People After Superstorm Sandy See this new investigation by ProPublica and NPR The Red Cross’ Secret Disaster
- JAndy Kroll, senior reporter for Mother Jones magazine Is Your Judge for Sale? Dark Money Groups Pour Millions into Judicial Races to Reshape Courts His latest investigation is "Is Your Judge for Sale?"
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and New York Daily News award-winning columnist. Public Health vs. Civil Liberties: Debate over Ebola Quarantines Harkens Back to AIDS Panic in 1980s
- Gayle McLaughlin, mayor of Richmond, California, member of the Green Party How to Buy a City: Chevron Spends $3 Million on Local California Election to Oust Refinery Critics
- Howie Hawkins, Green Party candidate for New York governor Gubernatorial Candidate Howie Hawkins Calls for a "Green New Deal for New York"
- Eric Lichtblau, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times The Nazis Next Door: Eric Lichtblau on How the CIA & FBI Secretly Sheltered Nazi War Criminals
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Walter Mosley: Between Socialism and Capitalism This week author and critic Walter Mosley joins The Laura Flanders Show to talk socialism, capitalism and his latest crime novel Rose Gold, which doesn't shy away from race, class and other heavy issues.......... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series NSCS at Texas pres. by Federated Auto Parts at the Texas Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 3 pm et »»» FOOTBALL NIGHT on NBC Ravens @ Steelers 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Colts @ Giants 8:30 pm et »»» MLB WORLD SERIES on FOX Congrats to the San Francisco Giants winning this year's Fall Classic!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning on containing ISIS in Guardian op-ed September 16, 2014. Chelsea Manning's Guardian op-ed, "How to make ISIS fall on its own sword" ....... AND Chelsea Manning receives Courageous Peacemaking Award October 22, 2014 . The Center for Conscience in Action will honor Chelsea Manning and Oklahoma peacemakers in a program on Sunday, October 26 .......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus and Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Florida
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, and ABC News’ Cokie Roberts, plus analysis from FiveThirtyEight editor-in-chief and ABC News special contributor Nate Silver and Fusion’s Alicia Menendez.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn
• ROUNDTABLE I: CBS News Elections Director Anthony Salvanto and CBS News Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes
• ROUNDTABLE II: Jonathan Martin of The New York Times, Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal, Tavis Smiley of PBS, Mark Halperin of Bloomberg Politics and Kim Strassel of The Wall Street Journal
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• November 2 at 7:30 p.m. ET and 7 p.m. PT.
• Recruiting for ISIS - Converts to radical Islam in London are so dedicated that one tells Clarissa Ward he can't love his own mother because she is not a Muslim
• Blake Shelton - To those who think America's most popular music sounds the same, the country music star says "get over it"
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.;
• Kaci Hickox, the nurse who treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone and contested state-imposed restriction on her in Maine after her return home.
• ROUNDTABLE: tba (fyi the MTP site DOES NOT post their guest lists in advance anymore)
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• former Reagan and George H.W. Bush White House Chief of Staff James Baker
• ROUNDTABLE: former Governors Ed Rendell and Haley Barbour, and Democratic and Republican Party spokesmen Mo Elleithee and Sean Spicer.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the Malloy/H.O.R.N. Skype Group Halloween Special! Listen here NOW! Friday, October 31st, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 28, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Climate Change and Election 2014: High stakes on energy, the environment, and global warming ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! ..... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Australia breaks heat records - again; BP oil spill left big oily 'bathtub ring' on seafloor; Shell wants 5 more years to drill in the Arctic; How can we get power to the poor without frying the planet?; More storms mean more sewage overflows in Wisconsin; Japan town votes to re-start nuclear plants; Amid CA drought, bruising battle over water ... PLUS: U.N. climate change draft report warns risks of 'irreversible' damage... and much, MUCH more!
• 'Green News Report' - October 21, 2014 Republican candidates continue to dodge the climate change question; Mountaintop removal coal mining promotes lung cancer; 'Significant' oil spill in Louisiana bayou; 2014 on track to be hottest year on record; PLUS: LEGO breaks up with Shell Oil... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Christie: GOP Governors Needs to Control 'Voting Mechanisms' in 2016 NJ Governor and 2016 Presidential hopeful offers interesting reason why Republicans in three key states need to win in 2014...
• BRADCAST! SCOTUS Voter Suppression and the Touch-Screen Vote-Flipping Time Warp: KPFK 'BradCast' Ready, set, VOTE! (If you can.)
• BRADCAST! VIDEO! Deja Vu All Over Again. Again. Brad's appearance this week on Thom Hartmann's 'Big Picture' TV show, as touch-screen votes starting flipping across the country yet again... RELATED: BRADBLOG UPDATE! GOP v. Registration Nation 50,000 new voter registrations said 'missing' in GA; Millions of voters threatened by faulty GOP 'Crosscheck' database scheme; About that 'non-citizen' voter 'study' at WaPo that all the RWers are talking about...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! NM 'Motor Voter' Registration Rates Dive Under GOP SoS Facing tight re-election bid, 'voter fraud' fraudster and Sec. of State Dianna Duran stands to benefit from failed, unlawful new reg process in race against Dem challenger...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Touch-Screen Votes Reportedly Flip R to D in MD Diebold systems have been failing in Maryland since the state was the first to install them (and cover up their failures) in 2002. So why should 2014 be any different?...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Why Dems Shouldn't Get Too Excited About Encouraging Pre-Election Polls in GA A very brief reminder of the state's long and disturbing history with 100% unverifiable Diebold touch-screen voting systems...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Touch-Screen Votes Flipping in Arkansas. Again. Year after year the state's $30 million ES&S iVotronic voting system has failed voters. So why should this year be any different? Because now they have a terrible plan to deal with it...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Mitch McConnell Sends Sleazy 'ELECTION VIOLATION NOTICE' Letter to (Some) KY Voters The man who wants to lead the U.S. Senate approves of this message. And so the Dirty Tricks begin...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! TX GOP Photo ID Voter Suppression Working Nicely
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 31 Oct 2014 Ray McGovern Arrested, Prevented From Entering NY YMCA to See Petraeus Event Our friend and former CIA analyst Ray McGovern arrested, prevented from attending NYC discussion panel with David Petraeus, Max Boot…
• 28 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: FBI Uses Seattle Newspaper for Spoof in Investigation The FBI used a dummy news story from a Seattle newspaper to dupe a suspect in an investigation in 2007….
• 29 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: FBI Wants Even More Unchecked Power –FBI hopes to broadly expand its authority to hack into computers anywhere, using an obscure Justice Dept panel…
• PBC News & Comment 16 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: Super-Secret Stingray Surveillance System isn’t Secret in Charlotte Anymore Charlotte’s Observer exposes use of Stingray cellphone dragnet system, not limited to terrorism cases as local officials thought…..
• PBC News & Comment 17 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: U2’s Bono Apologizes to iTunes Users, and Many Important Stories, Too! Bono’s apology, plus exposure of possible corruption at top of NSA, Stingray deployed in Washington, DC–lots to report today…..
• PBC Standard Podcast October 30, 2014 Journalist Reese Erlich Offers Informed Comment on America’s New War in Syria, Iraq
• PBC Standard Podcast October 28, 2014 One Year After His Bogus Arrest, Roger Shuler Talks About the Cost of Journalism in Alabama Noelle Hanrahan of Prison Radio explains the new law that was rammed through the legislature and signed today by the desperate governor of Pennsylvania, aimed at silencing Mumia Abu-Jamal.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire October 16, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» No post this week so tune in for more info!
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» Attorney Chris Paulos will tell us about the corruption at the IRS, where the agency was giving corporations unjust breaks and privileges.
»» David Haynes will talk about the damage that Bush caused to the judiciary, specifically the problems coming out of the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
»» Linda Lipsen, the CEO of the American Association for Justice, will discuss her organization’s new project to expose lawsuit hypocrites like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and FedEx – companies that abuse the legal system, and try to block YOUR access to justice.
»» Howard Nations will talk about the Republicans crying that Obama is an “imperial” president, ignoring the previous 8 years of the Bush administration.
»» And we’ll talk about the dangerous consequences of right wing hate talkers like Michael Savage.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 9, 2014 by Ring of Fire - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Glenn Greenwald: Why Privacy Matters by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! George Carlin Knew the Truth About Republicans
• Thom Hartmann: Millions of Black, Hispanic & Asian Voters Have Been Purged
• Outrageous Chris Rock Video about Where the Wealth is in America by Amy Eddings - In his classic special “Never Scared,” Chris Rock explains the difference between being rich and being wealthy,...
• The Criminal Sociopath Bankers are in Another Fraud Frenzy even after being given a Prosecution Break by Amy Eddings -
Prosecutors in Washington and New York City are reopening investigations into Standard Chartered, the giant British bank...
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Prison Time Is ONLY Solution for Wall Street Thugs (VIDEO)
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 10/27/14 The Ebola Elections
• TUESDAY 10/28/14 Jessica Bruder: The End of Retirement: When You Can't Afford To Stop Working
• WEDNESDAY - Moving Day
• THURSDAY Moving Day
• FRIDAY http://majorityfm.libsyn.com/10-31-14-halloween-special-mr-goes-right-wing A Republican Candidate in Texas says that he wants black voters not to vote but instead spend their Food Stamps. Through a computer glitch the Majority Report was replaced by the Ken, Ken & Ken show, Ryan Grim of the Huffington Post joined the Ken Ken & Ken show, Ryan triad to explain why the Democrats are failing, debating Benghazi, why does Ryan hate America and want Black to vote more. Ken Ken & Ken gave financial advice. Ken Ken & Ken breakdown some "brilliant" Dennis Prager comments on the War on Women and they took your calls and IMs!
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Child Poverty Jumps by 2.6 Million in Developed World Since 2008, While Number of Global Billionaires Doubles by Michael Krieger — The “Great Recession Scorecard” is out. Two headlines. Two very different realities: “A report by Unicef says the number of children entering poverty during the recession is 2.6 million greater than the number who have been lifted out of it.”
& “The super-rich club has become less exclusive, with the amount of billionaires doubling since the financial crisis, according to a report from global charity Oxfam. There were 1,645 billionaires globally as of March 2014, according to Forbes data cited in the Oxfam report, up from 793 in March 2009.” Read more HERE...........
• Why We’re Poorer: Inflation and Deflation Are Now Globalized by Charles Hugh Smith — We’re being hit with a double-whammy: Wages are under deflationary pressure, and almost everything else is exposed to inflationary pressure. As correspondent Mark G. observed in Globalization = Permanent Instability, it’s impossible to understand inflation and deflation now except in a global context. Read the rest HERE ............
• Florida Cop Rapes 20-Year Old Woman at Gunpoint While on Duty by Michael Krieger — Earlier this week, I published a post titled: Video of the Day – Watch as 8 Police Officers Fire 46 Shots and Kill a Homeless Man in Broad Daylight. In that article, I warned: As long as the worst amongst us continue to get away with their criminality, the more of it we will see. In fact, the more brutal and cartoonish it will get. Unfortunately, it didn’t take very long. Meet Stephen J. Maiorino, the Florida cop who raped a 20-year old woman at gunpoint while on duty. By the way, he was previously named “Officer of the Month” by the department in 2010, and has appeared in the TV show “Cops.” You can’t make this stuff up. Read more HERE...........
• Day after MSM mocks @maxkeiser for calling bankers ‘murderers,’ Brit banker slashes throat & nearly decapitates two women by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: Truly remarkable. Literally the day after the Independent mocks Max for calling bankers ‘murderers’ a British banker from Bank of America Merrill Lynch is arrested for the gruesome murders of two women. Who is always right? Who is always wrong? ........ BTVBTV and the grisly scene left behind.
• At Least 130k March Against Austerity in Ireland by Dublin Eileen — WATER, of which we are made, is very fundamental to the Irish people. The holy wells within us spoke and, soaked today in rain water, we took to the streets to say that this gift of nature is a human right for all. Many thanks to the Detroit Water Brigade who marched in solidarity with us today. Tens of thousands of people have taken part in nationwide protests against the introduction of water charges in the Republic of Ireland.
• KEISER REPORT [KR672] Keiser Report: Nudging, Bludgeoning & Pigeoning Both of us in a double-header discuss nudging citizen-consumers like pigeons and mental patients into behaving as the technocratic elite wish them to behave – more consumption, more selfies, more fatal masturbation. This behavioural outcome is achieved through rewarding desired behaviour with plastic trinkets and poker chips which make the subjects being controlled feel empowered by their decisions to behave as their controllers had wanted them to. We look at examples of successful nudging in the UK where the electorate is bought off with games of chutes and property ladders for correct behaviour. If nudging does not work, however, there is always bludgeoning as is done in the US where the Inland Revenue Service has been seizing the bank deposits of non-complying citizen-pigeons who have not incurred massive debts.
• KEISER REPORT [KR673] Keiser Report: Unequal Justice System Stacy Summary: We look at the moral crisis of our time as they compare the treatment of a man on welfare benefits imprisoned for six weeks for stealing £12.60 worth of Salisbury steaks versus the High Frequency Trading outfit fined $1 million without any admission of guilt for stealing an unknown amount of money from other NASDAQ investors. This unequal system of justice has led to zombie capitalism which has gone off the rails and inspired ‘suicide bankers.’ In the second half Max interviews Dr. Bob Gill and Peter Bach, director of Sell Off, the story of the stealth privatization of the National Health Service in the United Kingdom.
• KEISER REPORT [KR674] Keiser Report: Naughty Banking Boys We discuss how, in the words of Laura Ingalls Wilder, once you begin being naughty, it is easier to go and on and on, and sooner or later something dreadful happens. And in a world of very naughty bankers, many dreadful things have happened. In the second half Max interviews Dan Collins of TheChinaMoneyReport.com about the emerging post-dollar order as evidenced in the newly launched Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank and the Shanghai-Hong Kong Connect scheme. They also discuss how in China Jim Rickards went viral and how steel costs as much as cabbage
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 10/28/14 Trita Parsi: Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses his article “How Congressional Hawks Plan to Kill Obama’s Iran Deal.”
• 10/29/14 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy, discusses his federal lawsuit demanding the release of a 1987 DoD study on Israel’s nuclear weapons program; and why he wants to end the US government’s pretense of ignorance about Israel’s nukes.
• 10/29/14 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an award-winning journalist and author of Manufactured Crisis, discusses how an Iran nuclear deal hinges on Obama’s willingness to fight for an end to sanctions.
• 10/29/14 Nebojsa Malic: Nebojsa Malic, a regular columnist for Antiwar.com, discusses how Ukraine’s elections manufactured legitimacy for the current regime; the neo-Nazis killing civilians in eastern Ukraine; and the small group of US foreign policy elites who stir up trouble all over the world.
• 10/31/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst turned peace activist, discusses his arrest Thursday night while trying to gain entry to see former CIA director David Petraeus speak in New York City.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
• Sen Ben Cardin (D-MD)
• Fox News Contributors Karl Rove and Joe Trippi
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml