Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee's Mix-n-Match Sunday Lots to cover this week what with President Not Sure going East and making some serious proposals about some milque-toast climate change agreement with China to a non-binding 'net neutrality' "declaration" while at the same time trying to screw the planet with on-going TPP talks we outlined last week. HOWEVER the BTV Big Catch came from Meet The Chuck in our screed we sent to NBC and breifly posted here asking MTP and NBC to post their Sunday Guest List among other demands from NBC (before we replaced it with our regular albeit late news roundup) basically calling them corporate/gummint mouthpeices and offering how they can change their corporate ways and be the muck-rakers The Constitution gives them the authority to do. IN THAT POST we asked, "For all the money you pay Chuck Todd and his staff perhaps they can write collectively a "Coming up on MTP This Sunday mm/dd/yyyy" four-paragraph missive on who they will be interviewing on their next show (might take them all of 15 minutes)." AND IT WORKED to some extent as we now see on their website this week COMING UP ON "MEET THE PRESS WITH CHUCK TODD". Can you BELIEVE IT? We can't be sure if the MTP overlords and screeners actually READ our complaint or if they decided independently to start posting a "Coming Up" post RIGHT AFTER we sent them our screed (we'll see if this practice continues after this week) but WE'LL TAKE CREDIT NOW! Haha! If YOU have "suggestions" or beefs with MTP or MSNBC you too can contact them via email at email@example.com or call NBCNews.com PR at 212.664.3720 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Be sure to tell them Brick TeeVee sent ya haha! And as our screed we sent them said, "OFFER: Any and all of you working the trenches of locally owned O&O NBC affiliates or the corporate offices can post freely at the Home of Brick TeeVee http://filthy-rich.blogspot.com" and this offer still stands! We'll pee our pants if we get ANY comments with breaking news from ANY NBC peeps! Considering NBCNews.com gets millions of hits daily and BTV is lucky to get a few dozen A WEEK this potentially could be HUGE! Or not. Thanks to ALL our dedicated readers and visitors who come here to ad-free Brick TeeVee every week to be Instantly Smarter!
So let's get to it!
For this week's BTV Sunday Sermon we point you to psychologist, writer and founder of Wisdom Commons Valerie Tarico at Alternet The 20 Weirdest Religious Beliefs Test your knowledge of which strange belief belongs to which religion. Also for the BTV Sunday Sermon we go to TPM LIVEWIRE and Da Pope: Evolution, Big Bang Theories Don't Contradict Creation from Oct 28 Pope Francis on Monday said that the Big Bang and evolution theories do not contradict the concept of creation. "When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so," he said at an assembly of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. "He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment." "God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life," he continued. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve." Pope Francis did say that the beginning of the world was an act of love, not "a work of chaos."
Francis is not the first pope to state that evolution and creation are not at odds, according to USA Today. Pope Pius XII in 1950 said that there wasn't any opposition between the theory of evolution and Catholic teachings, and multiple popes since have agreed with him. We're still waiting for Da Pope & Co. to evolve to recognize women as mens' equals. CASE IN POINT from Molly Redden's Mother Jones story This Is How Judges Humiliate Pregnant Teens Who Want Abortions ........ When they discussed her family, the judge began pleading. "He said, 'I'm sure your mother would understand,'" Kiera recalls. "He was kind of panicking—I felt like he was saying, 'Well, have you tried having a better mother? Have you tried religion?'"....... In Alabama and Florida, some judges went so far as to appoint lawyers for girls' fetuses, even giving them names. "You say that you are aware that God instructed you not to kill your own baby," one attorney, who represented "Baby Ashley," thundered at his 17-year-old adversary. "But you want to do it anyway?" ....... Much more at MoJo!
NEXT at Political MoJo Inae Ho reports Obama Just Announced His Full Support to Preserve Net Neutrality In a move strongly backing net neutrality regulations, President Barack Obama announced his plan to reclassify the internet as a utility in order to preserve the web's "basic principles of openness and fairness." "Net neutrality has been built into the fabric of the Internet since its creation — but it is also a principle that we cannot take for granted. We cannot allow Internet service providers (ISPs) to restrict the best access or to pick winners and losers in the online marketplace for services and ideas." .............. "Simply put: No service should be stuck in a 'slow lane' because it does not pay a fee," Obama said in the Monday morning statement. "That kind of gatekeeping would undermine the level playing field essential to the Internet’s growth." Unsurprisingly, the GOP is not happy with the president's plan: ""Net Neutrality" is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government." — Senator Ted Cruz. At the Electronic Frontier Foundation CORRYNNE MCSHERRY asks The White House Gets It Right On Net Neutrality. Will the FCC? After months of netroots protests, we learned the FCC began to settle on a “hybrid” proposal that, we fear, is legally unsustainable. Here's why: if the FCC is going to craft and enforce clear and limited neutrality rules, it must first do one important thing. The FCC must reverse its 2002 decision to treat broadband as an “information service” rather than a “telecommunications service.” This is what’s known as Title II reclassification. According to the highest court to review the question, the rules that actually do what many of us want — such as forbidding discrimination against certain applications — require the FCC to treat access providers like “common carriers, ” treatment that can only be applied to telecommunications services. Having chosen to define broadband as an “information service,” the FCC can impose regulations that “promote competition” (good) but it cannot stop providers from giving their friends special access to Internet users (bad). .............. As we have said for months, reclassification must be combined with a commitment to forbear from imposing aspects of Title II that were originally drafted for 20th century telephone services and that don't make sense for the Internet. While forbearance doesn’t set the limits on the regulatory agency in stone, it does require the FCC to make a public commitment that is difficult to reverse. This is an important moment in the fight for the open Internet. President Obama has chosen to stand with the us: the users, the innovators, the creators who depend on an open internet. But the fight isn't over yet: we still need to persuade the FCC to join him. Stay tuned for ways you can help. See our ACTION from FreePress.net below in our Net Neutrality section!
HOW BASE & DESPERATE (but not serious? Adam Ant anyone?) Three-term Mary Landrieu is "desperatly trying to hold on to her seat" we're told by the Mass Insomnia (yeah you too npr) which FAILS TO MENTION she got 42% against THREE tea-bag GOPhers. So now she has to "run off" against Rep. Bill Cassidy LA-6 who happens to have championed the SAME "BUILD THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE NOW!" BILL in Da House LANDRIEU brought to Da Senate! AT THE SAME TIME! Koinkadink?
That the Lame Stream Media is making this race out to be a "life and death struggle" is not surprising. Our own msgeaux finds CNN Holds Morning Meeting To Decide What Viewers Should Panic About For Rest Of Day Kicking around ideas ranging from an uptick in child kidnappings to a new link between laptops and cancer, senior CNN staffers held their regular daily meeting this morning to decide which topic viewers should panic about for the rest of the day. “It’s always kind of tough to get our meetings going each morning, but once we got some coffee in us, we were able to toss around a few ideas on what might absolutely terrify half a million or so viewers today,” said CNN Newsroom executive producer Eric Hall, adding that although the discourse was briefly derailed by a recounting of the previous night’s NFL game and discussions of staff members’ upcoming weekend plans, the team eventually spent 45 minutes debating which stories had the legs to prey on people’s anxieties for a full 24-hour cycle........
FURGESON GOES TO THE U.N. Just like Detroit activists call for UN help as city shuts off water for thousands for PEOPLES JUSTICE now come the parents of police-slain MIKE BROWN Michael Brown’s Parents To UN: ‘We Need The World To Know What’s Going On In Ferguson’ Lesley McSpadden (pictured left) and Michael Brown Sr. (pictured), testified before a U.N. committee Tuesday, saying they “need the world to know what’s going on in Ferguson,” CNN reports. McSpadden and Brown Sr. appeared before the United Nations Committee Against Torture, which also works against cruel or degrading treatment or punishment by government authorities, to discuss events in Ferguson, Mo., after the Aug. 9th shooting death of their unarmed 18-year-old son by White police officer Darren Wilson. “We need the world to know what’s going on in Ferguson and we need justice,” McSpadden told CNN in Geneva, Switzerland. “We need answers and we need action. And we have to bring it to the U.N. so they can expose it to the rest of the world, what’s going on in small town Ferguson.” ............. The shooting sparked ongoing and sometimes violent protests in Ferguson over police violence against Blacks, especially unarmed men. Now in an effort to avert violence again if a grand jury does not indict the officer, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon warned Tuesday that protesters would face consequences if they crossed the line. Also at the Daily Mail Ferguson cop has ALWAYS known he will not be charged for shooting Michael Brown - and he treated the unarmed teen as 'less than human', his parents will tell the United Nations MailOnline has seen a copy of the report that Browns’ family will present to the UN, and it gives one of the starkest illustrations yet of the family’s sense of injustice. In it, Brown’s father Michael Brown Sr and his mother Leslie McSpadden speak of their anger that their son’s dead body was left bleeding in the street for four hours. They write: ‘Given the history of racial tensions in the city of Ferguson, this particularly disrespectful treatment of Brown’s body and callous disregard for the trauma it could cause Ferguson residents repeated and reinforced the longstanding degrading treatment of black racial minorities by an overwhelmingly white police force. ‘Not only did the abandonment of the body convey to residents that the police officer regarded the black youth as less than human, but it also illustrated the officer’s brazen confidence that he would not be punished for such unwarranted violence’. In the document Brown’s family call for the immediate arrest of Wilson, who is in hiding at an undisclosed location. They also want the Ferguson police department to be placed under ‘federal receivership to hold it accountable for systematically targeting and harassing residents of color in a predatory and degrading manner’. Among their other calls is a demand from Missouri Governor Jay Nixon to apologize for the ‘intimidation and excessive force used against’ protesters. They also say they want an ‘amnesty to those protesters arrested while protesting the killing of Michael Brown.’ ............
PA SUED OVER SCHOOL FUNDING AFTER ONLY FOUR YEARS OF GOPHERS From the Philadelphia Inquirer's Staff Writer Kristen Graham Districts, parents sue Pa. over education funding School districts, parents, an organization representing small and rural school systems and the state NAACP on Monday filed a lawsuit against Gov. Tom Corbett, state education officials and legislative leaders, saying that Pennsylvania fails to uphold its constitutional obligation to educate children adequately. Plaintiffs of the suit, filed in Commonwealth Court, include two Philadelphia School District parents and the William Penn School District in Delaware County. State officials have "adopted an irrational school funding system that does not deliver the essential resources students need and discriminates against children based on where they live and the wealth of their communities," say the plaintiffs, who are represented by the Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia and the Education Law Center-PA. ................ The suit alleges that while leaders impose academic standards on children, they do not give them the resources to meet those standards. “My child is in classes with too many other students and she has no access to tutoring services or support from paraprofessionals, but our elected officials still expect and require her to pass standardized tests,” Jamela Miller, parent of an 11-year-old child in the William Penn School District, said in a prepared statement. “How are kids supposed to pass the tests required to graduate high school, find a job and contribute to our economy if their schools are starving for resources?” ................. Pennsylvania is a rarity nationwide - one of just a handful of states that lacks a codified funding formula. One was proposed during the Rendell administration, but abandoned in 2011 under Corbett. A lack of formula leads to a heavy reliance on property taxes and wide gaps in per-pupil spending: depending on where they live, spending per public school student in Pennsylvania ranges from $9,800 to $28,400. And still, many poor district have higher tax rates than wealthy ones. "It is not tax effort that explains the difference in funding," the suit states. "Rather, these underfunded districts are in areas so poor that, despite their high tax rates, they simply cannot raise enough money to improve education without more assistance from the state." .................... Pennsylvania funds a smaller share of public education costs than nearly every other state in the U.S., said Maura McInerney, a lawyer with the Education Law Center. “Students and teachers are making concerted efforts to ensure that students acquire needed skills in reading, math and science — but without basic services, too many students now face insurmountable and illegal disadvantages,” McInerney said. A committee has begun exploring the idea of an education funding formula for Pennsylvania, but the group's work is just beginning. Gov-elect Tom Wolf has said that he intends to restore education cuts and enact a funding formula. So incoming DEM Guv Elect Tom Wolf has to deal with this and try to clean up and claw back some of the shadowy (read "not-transparent-AT-ALL") 'PRIVATIZING' of schools. This is essentially the SAME isssue the Ohio Supreme Court has FOUND UNCONCTITUTIONAL FOUR TIMES and NO ONE has YET been held in CONTEMPT much less served time in Da Big House in Ohio. AFTER NEARLY TWO DECADES. Our well-wishes to the teachers, kids and parents in this effort but expect to be in this struggle for the duration. Certainly "No Child's Behind Left" and "RACE to the TOP" have had AND STILL HAVE a BIG EFFECT on our schools from FUNDING to CURRICULUM. Wonder how the PA Supreme Court is now configured after FOUR YEARS of NEOLIBERAL "FREE MARKET" "PRIVATIZATION" GOPHER control in PA. Hmmmmmmmmm? Our sisters and brothers in Chicago know what we're talking about with Mayor RAHM EMANUEL. FYI this whole puplic school privatization began when SCOTUS heard the case Zelman v. Simmons-Harris: Supreme Court Upholds Cleveland Voucher Program IN 2002! Right here in Da Cleve. And so it goes.
WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE TO DEFEAT THESE TROGLODYTES and really educate OUR KIDS and GRANDKIDS? In Ohio we're still wondering. And still fighting back after all these years. GET ON DA BUS in YOUR district to start.
NEXT Bill McKibben at 350.org desperately tries to put a shine a turd The Big Climate Deal: What It Is, and What It Isn’t 1) It is historic. ......... 2) It isn’t binding in any way. .......... 3) It is proof, if any more was needed, that renewable energy is ready to go. ........... 4) It is not remotely enough to keep us out of climate trouble. We’ve increased the temperature less than a degree and that’s been enough to melt enormous quantities of ice, not to mention set the weather on berserk. So this plan to let the increase more than double is folly — though it is good to see that the two sides have at least agreed not to undermine that two degrees target, the one tiny achievement of the Copenhagen conference fiasco. 5) It is a good way to put pressure on other nations. ........ 6) It isn’t a way for Obama to get off the hook on things like the Keystone pipeline. ............ 8) It’s not, in any way, a stretch goal. .......... 9) It is — and this is the real key — a reminder that movements work. ......... 10) It isn’t, in other words, a reason to slack off a bit in the ongoing fight for a livable climate, a fight our civilizations are in great danger of losing. If we want this to be a start, and not a finish, we’ve got to build even bigger and more powerful movements that push the successors of these gentlemen to meet what science demands. Today’s an achievement for everyone who’s held a banner, signed a petition, and gone to jail — and a call for many more to join us going forward!
MEANWHILE Juan Cole accurately calls a lemon a lemon A Day Late & a Dollar Short: Obama & China agree on Languid Climate Goals ....... The US just agreed to reduce carbon emissions to as much as 28% below 2005 levels by 2025. But US emissions increased from 5 bn tons a year in 1990 to 6 bn in 2005, an increase of 20 percent. So the US is still only committed to being slightly below 1990 levels by 2025. In other words, it will go on spewing an average of 5 bn metric tons a year into the atmosphere, the equivalent of taking a dump in your kitchen sink, for over a decade into the future, getting down to like 4.5 billion metric tons in a decade. This is as close to doing nothing about the crisis as you could get. It is twice as ambitious a goal as the previous one in the US, but this is a country of oilmen and climate change denialists who really do want to increase emissions. .............. Neither country has been willing to do all that much at all to reduce emissions. US emissions went up last year and are only slightly down from the highs of the zeroes, mainly because of the rise of wind power in Iowa, Texas, etc., switching a bit from coal to natural gas, and the economic turn down of 2009 and after. Less that one percent of US electricity generation is from solar, despite the country having enormous solar potential in the South and Southwest and despite the availability of large open spaces on which to mount the panels. China actually pledged to go on increasing its carbon emissions until 2030, by which time it thinks it will hit its peak and after which its carbon emissions will begin falling. 2030! Game over, climate. The world will likely put out 40 bn metric tons of carbon dioxide in 2014, up from the 36 bn tons common only a few years ago. We’re going in the wrong direction and have been for a very long time. If another 1.2 trillion metric tons goes into the atmosphere, we’re locked into a roughly 4 degrees Fahrenheit increase. All we have to do is 40 bn tons for 30 years to ensure that, and likely soon we’ll be doing much more than 40 annually, so the cutoff will come much earlier than 30 years, maybe even 15. That would be around the time China thinks it might be able to arrange to start reducing its annual emissions. ................. The tools Obama and Xi announced to get to their limp goals are also unimpressive. Research on carbon capture and sequestration, which is actually dangerous. What if the sequestered carbon leaks? Remember that Cameroon lake? This is just a sop to the coal industry. And research and green trade, which don’t amount to a serious commitment. It is a sad commentary that this agreement is actually an improvement on previous goals of the two countries. And it is better to have an agreement with firm dates and targets than to have the two carbon monsters take turns hiding behind each other at climate talks. But this agreement isn’t a commitment to reduce carbon emissions on a timescale appropriate to the magnitude of the crisis. It mostly kicks the ball down the road. .........
Robert Parry at ConsortiumNews.com explains The Neocon Plan for War and More War ........ The new menu of neocon delights was listed by influential neocon theorist Max Boot in a blog post for Commentary magazine, an important outlet for neocon thinking. Boot argued that the Republicans – and thus the neocons – have earned a mandate on national security policy from the electoral repudiation of Obama’s Democratic Party. ............. Boot’s recounting of that history is, of course, wrongheaded in several ways. It may have been foolish for Obama to set a “red line” against chemical weapons use in Syria, but there is growing evidence that the Syrian government was not behind the lethal sarin attack of Aug. 21, 2013, and that it was instead a provocation by rebel extremists. ....... Further, Putin’s approach to the Ukraine crisis in February 2014 was reactive, not provocative or expansionistic. It was the European Union and the United States (led by neocons such as Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, National Endowment for Democracy President Carl Gershman and Sen. John McCain) that set out to overturn the Ukrainian status quo. .............. And, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria arose not from Obama’s timidity but from the neocon-inspired invasion of Iraq last decade. ISIS emerged from the hyper-violent Al-Qaeda in Iraq, which didn’t exist until President George W. Bush followed neocon advice to invade and occupy Iraq. The terrorist group, rebranding itself as the Islamic State, moved on to Syria where the neocons were seeking another “regime change” in the overthrow of President Bashar al-Assad. .......... In other words, Boot is working not only from a false narrative but a dangerous fantasy. Nevertheless, it is a narrative that is widely accepted inside Official Washington where one of the favorite sayings is “perception is reality.” So, although Boot’s perception is factually unhinged, it is regarded as “reality” by many “smart people” in the world’s most powerful capital. After laying out his false diagnosis – that Obama’s supposed failure to destroy the Syrian military in 2013 led to the crises of Ukraine and ISIS in 2014 – Boot then prescribes what needs to be done. ......... Read on for more details on the neocon end game! Then read Noam Chomsky at Truth-Out.org The Leading Terrorist State "It's official: The U.S. is the world's leading terrorist state, and proud of it." That should have been the headline for the lead story in The New York Times on Oct. 15, which was more politely titled "CIA Study of Covert Aid Fueled Skepticism About Helping Syrian Rebels." ..............
And at TheNation.com read Edward Snowden: A ‘Nation’ Interview and WATCH: Naomi Klein on How Capitalism Is Destroying Our Fragile Climate plus Eric Alterman explains how Corporate Media Companies Are the Real Winners in the 2014 Midterms
Lastly read Matt Taibbi at the Rolling Stone (yes he quit The Intercept) The $9 Billion Witness: JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare and look for Taibbi and whistleblower Alayne Fleischmann on The Keiser Report, Majority Report and in the Ring of Fire Radio reports. And be sure to watch Thursday's DN! on Mexico’s Missing Students and the protests happening down there (not covered AT ALL by the lame-stream media btw). We're sure we missed a few more items but check below for more news and info on a range of topics as usual! Have a great week and we'll see you next Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- María Luisa Aguilar Rodríguez, coordinator of the advocacy unit for Tlachinollan "I’ve Had Enough": Mexican Protesters Decry Years of Impunity After Apparent Massacre of 43 Students
- Matthew Hoh, senior fellow at the Center for International Policy "This is Crazy": Ex-State Dept. Official Matthew Hoh Blasts Obama’s Doubling of U.S. Troops in Iraq
- MORE Matthew Hoh On Eve of Veterans Day, a Former Soldier Speaks Out on Hidden Costs of War from PTSD to Suicide
- Ryan Boyko, Yale University graduate student in public health Out of Ebola Quarantine, Yale Student Says Health Workers Should Be Treated as Heroes, Not Pariahs
- Phil Donahue, one of the best-known talk show hosts in U.S. television history Paralyzed Iraq War Vet Turned Peace Activist Tomas Young Dies on Eve of Veterans Day
- MORE Phil Donahue Legendary Talk Show Host Phil Donahue on the Silencing of Antiwar Voices in U.S. Media
- StoryCorps Veterans Day Special StoryCorps Veterans Day Special: The Unlikely Bond Between a U.S. Soldier & Two Iraqi Boys Two years ago, StoryCorps launched the Military Voices Initiative recording the stories of post-9/11 military veterans and their families. And this Veterans Day, StoryCorps is releasing a series of animations and a radio special based on these interviews. We broadcast one of those stories stories told by Spc. Justin Cliburn, who deployed to Iraq with the Oklahoma Army National Guard in 2005.
- Amy Goodman with Denis Moynihan Tomas Young, Rest in Peace There were 8,920,000 military veterans in the United States as of last June, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Sometime last Sunday or Monday, hours before Veterans Day began, that number dropped by one, when Tomas Young died at home in Seattle, with his wife by his side. He was one of many soldiers who were sent to Iraq and were grievously injured there.........
- Web Exclusive! Veterans Day Special: Matthew Hoh on Recovering from the "Darkness" of PTSD After Iraq War
- Jake Schmidt, director of the International Program at the Natural Resources Defense Council Obama Reaches Climate Deal with China — and GOP Congress May Not Be Able to Stop It
- Steven Renderos, national organizer with the Center for Media Justice Obama Calls for Net Neutrality, But His Own Industry-Tied FCC Appointee Could Stand in the Way
- Lt. Gen. Daniel Bolger (Ret.), served 35 years in the U.S. Army before retiring in 2013 Why We Lost: Retired U.S. General Calls for Public Inquiry into Failures of Iraq, Afghan Wars In a piece published this week in The New York Times headlined "The Truth About [the] Wars," General Bolger called for a public inquiry, along the lines of the 9/11 Commission, to look into why the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have gone so poorly.
- John Gibler, author and independent journalist based in Mexico Mexico Burns as Outrage over Student Disappearances Sparks Protests Against State-Backed Violence
- Laura Carlsen, director of the Mexico City-based Americas Policy Program of the Center for International Policy Are Mexico’s Missing Students the Victims of U.S.-Backed Drug War?
- Jerry Greenfield, co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream As Dems Punt Vote on Loretta Lynch, Admin Faces Pressure to Include Girls in "My Brother’s Keeper"
- Kimberlé Crenshaw, professor of law at UCLA and Columbia University and the founder of the African American Policy Forum Midterm Voters Reject U.S. Drug War with Victories for Marijuana Legalization & Sentencing Reform
- British comedian, actor, radio host, author and activist Russell Brand Russell Brand on Revolution, Fighting Inequality, Addiction, Militarized Policing & Noam Chomsky Today, we’re broadcasting from London, and we’re joined by Russell Brand. .........But in recent years, Russell Brand has emerged as one of the most prominent voices of the British left. He has taken part in anti-austerity protests, spoken at Occupy Wall Street and marched with the hacker collective Anonymous. A recovering addict himself, Russell Brand has also become a leading critic of Britain’s drug laws.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FINAL RACE! It's the Ford EcoBoost 400 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway! For Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano and Ryan Newman, it's time to grab that first Sprint Cup trophy once and for all! Coverage begins at 1 pm et & Green Flag around 3 pm et »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Patriots @ Colts 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Steelers @ Titans 8:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NIGHT NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Clippers @ Heat 8 pm et THEN Bulls @ Kings 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality The FCC is considering a new plan that has the same big problems we’ve been protesting against all year. Tell the agency we’ll accept nothing less than REAL Net Neutrality. Just how bad is it? This new proposal: • Would allow broadband providers to cut specialized deals with companies to reach Internet users. • Still gives us slow lanes and gives users no real protection against discrimination from Internet service providers. • Rests on shaky legal arguments that won’t stand up in court. This isn't what millions of us have been fighting for. SIGN NOW at Tell Chairman Wheeler: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality at freepress.net NOW.
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning on containing ISIS in Guardian op-ed September 16, 2014. Chelsea Manning's Guardian op-ed, "How to make ISIS fall on its own sword" ....... AND NYT calls out DoD on missing Medical care for Manning November 11, 2014. Although she has made repeated requests for gender-related health care, the NYT times notes that, "Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and other officials continue to deny medically necessary care to Chelsea Manning"........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., and Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, Republican strategist and ABC News contributor Ana Navarro, and ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• former Gov. Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for president in 2012
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
• Sen. Mike Lee, R-Ut.
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• November 16 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Cardinal Seán
• Mandy Patinkin
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
• Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell
• Nerd Screen: Chuck dissects the low turnout numbers from the midterm and what it means for 2016
• NBC News’ Anne Thompson looks at two states, Illinois and Texas, and how they have responded to Obamacare
• HEALTH CARE ROUNDTABLE: Neera Tanden President, Center for American Progress; Avik Roy Opinion Editor, Forbes; Dr. Toby Cosgrove President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic
• POLITICAL ROUNDTABLE: Carly Fiorina Fmr. CEO, Hewlett-Packard; Reid Wilson Reporter, Washington Post; Helene Cooper Pentagon Correspondent, The New York Times; Chris Matthews Host, MSNBC’s ‘Hardball’
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Senator Dick Durbin, the number two Democrat in the Senate
• Senator Al Franken
• IMMIGRATION ROUNDTABLE: Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, former Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus Xavier Becerra
• 'OBAMACARE' ROUNDTABLE: S.E. Cupp, LZ Granderson, Penny Lee and Mercedes Schlapp
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Prayer Mettin' Wednesday!! Über Pope/Rabbi/Imam Bob skewers the Religious Right! Listen here NOW! Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 13, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Historic climate deal between U.S. and China: it's the deal Republicans said could never be done; Hope breaks out for international climate treaty negotiations; Republicans freak out at home, while scientists say it's not enough, but it's a good start...(Also, BREAKING: Coal mine owner Don Blankenship indicted...) All that and more in today's Green News Report! ..... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Coal mine boss Don Blankenship indicted for mine explosion that killed 29; Why those 5 cent charges for plastic bags actually work; Keystone XL Pipeline: Lame-Duck Congress Fast-Tracks Legislation; Why The U.S.-China Climate Deal Makes Keystone XL Pipeline An Even Worse Idea; IEA Warns Fossil Fuel Trends Dire; Lightning Will Increase With Warming... PLUS: Pope Francis: “Unbridled consumerism” will have destructive consequences for the planet ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - November 11, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: "The science has spoken": final UN climate change report - the bad news, the good news, and room for hope; PLUS: Flashback: 25th anniversary of Margaret Thatcher's historic climate change speech --- back to when conservatives accepted science ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Greg Palast on the GOP 'Crosscheck'; Tomas Young in Crawford, TX (2005) Voter suppression and war crimes continue...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! IN MEMORIAM:
Tomas Young, 1979-2014 On Veterans Day, we're sad to report that America has lost another casualty of the War on Iraq -- one who, after first meeting and interviewing him in 2005, we will never forget...
• BRADCAST! VIDEO! Brad on Thom Hartmann TV: More Election 2014 Mess On thousands of 'missing' votes in Wisconsin, on Nate Silver and polls vs. 'results', on Rightwing 'True the Vote' voter fraud fraudsters, and on much more...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Crucial Moment for the FCC and 'Net Neutrality' Will the Democratic majority commissioners support the President's clarion call and thwart GOP opposition to an open Internet?...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! Stephen Colbert is Really REALLY Funny That's not a news flash, but, as this segment makes clear once again, it's very very sad that The Colbert Report is soon going away...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Reuters: Voting Probs Around Nation, Bizarre Targeting of Election Judges in Chicago Wire service summarizes voting machine problems, Photo ID voter suppression -- and a really strange story out of Chicago...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'True the Vote' Group Fails to Find 'Voter Fraud' (Again) Laughingstock RW organization's 'army' of monitors armed with new smart phone app uncover just 18 largely benign 'irregularities', 0 cases of polling place voter impersonation...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! The Polls Were Skewed Toward Republicans: A Response to Nate Silver The statistics guru unhelpfully explains away mid-term's surprising outcome by presuming pre-election polling was wrong and unverified election results were all correct...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 10 Nov 2014 PBC News & Comment: Obama Makes Strong Stand for Net Neutrality–Why Did He Wait? In his strongest statement to date, President Obama declares support for net neutrality, common carrier status….why did he wait?….
• 11 Nov 2014 PBC News & Comment: General Bolger Honors Veterans with the Truth On Veterans Day, empty rhetoric abounds—but Gen. Dan Bolger tells the truth about America’s dirty wars, and the surge…
• 12 Nov 2014 PBC News & Comment: Obama’s Climate Change Deal with China: Better than Nothing Obama’s new climate change deal with China is better than nothing, but China’s carbon reductions don’t start for 15 years….
• PBC Standard Podcast November 3, 2014 Sibel Edmonds Goes Deep on Her New Novel, and the Deep State Sibel Edmonds talks about her new novel, The Lone Gladio, and explains some of the key elements of her fictional narrative based on the “deep state”, Operation Gladio, and CIA covert operations.
• PBC Standard Podcast November 10, 2014 Ray McGovern Recounts Being Barred from Petraeus Event, Suspects Surveillance Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern shares his account of being denied entry to a New York event where David Petraeus was speaking, as he was arrested and roughed up by police, and suspects the spooks were alerted by intercepted email.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire November 14, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» David Bender will join me for a discussion of the news of the week.
»» Adam Green from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee will tell us about the progressive victories from the midterms.
»» Abby Martin, host of Breaking The Set on RT America, will talk about the corporate media’s 2014 midterm payday, where political ad spending reached into the billions.
»» Attorney Ben Gordon explains the misconduct of medical device manufacturer Smith & Nephew.
»» Howard Nations will tell us why infrastructure investment has almost completely disappeared, in spite of the warnings from the country’s top economists.
»» And Peter Mougey will tell us why the SEC has failed to do their job of preventing Wall Street criminal behavior.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» Guests TBA
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Glenn Greenwald: Why Privacy Matters by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! The Corporate Assault on Civil Justice (VIDEO) by Gary Bentley - Years ago, Republican operatives got together to discuss their options for de-funding the Democratic Party. Their idea was to attack trial lawyers who, at the time, were the single largest donors to the Democrats. That is where the idea of “tort reform” was born, and Republicans have sold the idea to the American people by claiming that it would reduce healthcare costs. Nothing could be further from the truth, and the numbers prove it. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins and attorney Howard Nations discuss this.
• American Corporations Hiding More Money Now Than Ever by Joshua De Leon - U.S. corporations now have over $2 trillion hidden in offshore bank accounts, or tax havens, as of this week, reported NBC News. This is the most amount of money that companies have kept offshore ever, and the $2.1 trillion amount is six times more than what it was 12 years ago. By April of 2013, the total was $1.5 trillion, meaning that amount increased $500 billion in just 18 months. According to the report, the analysis illustrating the hidden money “paints a bleak picture of whether that money will make its way home and the limited economic impact it would have even if it does.” ..........
• VIDEO! Congress has 14 percent approval and a 95 percent re-election rate. WTF?! by Amy Eddings - Most Americans, regardless of political party, are fed up with the current status of the federal government. Congressional approval is 14 percent, but somehow 95 percent of legislators get re-elected. David Packman discusses this sad phenomenon.
• VIDEO! JPMorgan Paid $9 Billion to Keep One Witness From Talking by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 11/10/14 Mexico Ready For Revolution & Obama Comes Out For Net Neutrality
• TUESDAY 11/11/14 Matt Taibbi: The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase’s Worst Nightmare
• WEDNESDAY 11/12/14 Ian Millhiser: The Absurd New Supreme Court Case That Could Kill Obamacare
• THURSDAY 11/13/14 Ben Adler: Why the U.S.-China Climate Deal Is a Game Changer
• FRIDAY 11/14/14 Casual Friday: Tina Dupuy On Her This American Life Story & Cliff Schecter On The Week
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Central Planners Are In A State of Panic by Peak Prosperity — Everything the central planners have tried has failed to bring widespread prosperity and has instead concentrated it dangerously at the top. Whether by coincidence or conspiracy, every possible escape hatch for 99.5% of the people has been welded shut. We are all captives in a dysfunctional system of money, run by a few for the few, and it is headed for complete disaster. To understand why, in all its terrible and fascinating glory, we need look no further than Japan. Read more HERE...........
• John Hussman: The Stock Market Is Overvalued By 100% by Peak Prosperity — John Hussman’s public appearances are rare, so we’re especially grateful he made time to speak with us yesterday about the precarious state in which he sees global markets. Based on historical norms and averages, he calculates that the ZIRP and QE policies of the Fed and other world central banks have led to an overvaluation in the stock market where prices are 2 times higher than they should be. Click here to listen to the interview ............
• Gold Rigging Settlement With UBS – Other Banks To Follow by Mark O'Byrne — Gold Rigging Settlement With UBS – Other Banks To Follow. Suspicions that the price of precious metals are frequently manipulated by a few international banks were further confirmed over the weekend. UBS agreed to settle with various international regulatory bodies investigating rigging in foreign exchange and precious metals markets. Manipulation of markets can work effectively in the short term. However, in the long term prices will be dictated by the global supply and the global demand of 7 billion people, many in Asia who believe in gold as a store of wealth. Not to mention, sovereign central banks such as the People’s Bank of China and the Russian central bank – who also believe in gold as an important monetary asset. Read more HERE...........
• #KeiserReport warned you first: QE causes deflation by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: Bloomberg news is now reporting that QE could be causing deflation. They say almost nobody saw this coming. Of course, if you watched Keiser Report, you will have heard this long ago. READ Reality Might Topple a Beloved Economic Theory But what if QE had the opposite of the intended effect? That is the claim of a small but well-credentialed group of macroeconomists that I once labeled the “Neo-Fisherites,” after the famous monetary economist Irving Fisher. These economists wonder if quantitative easing reduced inflation, instead of increasing it as many feared it would. The Neo-Fisherites go even further than that — they wonder if low interest rates, which we usually think of as being inflationary, are actually deflationary! It sounds crazy. How could creating money lower the value of money in the long run? Most recently, Max closed the first half of episode 613 of Keiser Report arguing it was causing deflation: [VIDEO] But for a very long discussion on this, here is Professor Fekete in October 2013 saying QE was causing hyper-deflation and that those who said it would cause inflation were wrong: [VIDEO]
• Glenn Greenwald on Hilary Clinton: “Soulless, Principle-Free, Power Hungry…” by Michael Krieger — One attribute I like most about Glenn Greenwald is that he never pulls punches. One of his most prescient and cutting political lines came earlier this year when he made some observations on the upcoming 2016 Presidential election, in which two status quo, corrupt, bloodthirsty con-artists will compete for the Oval Office. While we don’t yet know which crony the GOP will put up, Hilary is pretty much a foregone conclusion for the Democrats. Greenwald observed… Read the rest here.
• KEISER REPORT [KR678] Keiser Report: Westminster aka Westmonster We discuss JP Morgan’s worst nightmare – Alayne Fleischmann, a former employee in their diligence department willing to provide the evidence of their crimes packaging toxic mortgages into securities which were then sold on to investors. In the second half Max interviews Mark McGowan – aka The Artist Taxi Driver – about Westmonster, both the film and the reality of Westminster as governed on behalf of corporate interests.
• KEISER REPORT [KR679] Keiser Report: Whistleblower Alayne Fleischmann (JP Morgan ‘worst nightmare’) talks to Max (their second worst nightmare) We discuss the shouts of ‘Ya Me Cansé’ as the people are sick of a corrupt elite above the law. We also look at the headlines of students in India who believe in the right to cheat and at the innocent people who plead guilty to crimes they didn’t commit in America. In the second half Max interviews Alayne Fleischmann, the JP Morgan whistleblower, profiled in the latest Rolling Stone magazine. They talk about fraud in the mortgage backed securities business, the statute of limitations on wire fraud and what exactly it is that Jamie Dimon wants.
• KEISER REPORT [KR680] Keiser Report: ‘Numpty’ Taxes We discuss ‘numpty’ taxes and ‘stupid’ Ireland as bankers and central bankers treat everyone else like the ‘muppets’ they believe we are. We also discuss Angela Merkel refusing to meet with Timothy Geithner and how it is that QE is causing deflation. In the second half, Max interviews Matt Taibbi about his Rolling Stone exclusive on the JP Morgan whistleblower, Alayne Fleischmann, who was interviewed in the previous episode of the Keiser Report.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 10/28/14 Trita Parsi: Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses his article “How Congressional Hawks Plan to Kill Obama’s Iran Deal.”
• 11/11/14 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, journalist and author of American Raj, discusses why the US and Russia are headed toward a new Cold War on the 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall’s destruction.
• 11/12/14 M.J. Rosenberg: M.J. Rosenberg, a commentator on Israel and the Middle East, discusses Israel’s departure from anything resembling democracy, and why Republican super-donor Sheldon Adelson doesn’t see any problem with that.
• 11/13/14 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses how the USA Freedom Act could effect the NSA’s ability to spy on Americans’ phone records, and why she doesn’t support the legislation.
• 11/14/14 Trevor Timm: Trevor Timm, a Guardian US columnist and executive director of the Freedom of the Press Foundation, discusses how the Justice Department is using fake communications towers on airplanes to collect cellphone data; and Congress’s attempt to sneak through a fake cybersecurity bill that further weakens privacy laws.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen John Thune (R-SD), Chairman of the Senate Republican Conference
• Sen Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
• Senators-elect Rep Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Rep James Lankford (R-OK)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml