Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee Election 2014 Post-Mortem The GOPhers won in a Big Wave in last Tuesday's mid-term election taking control of the U.S. Senate and increasing their majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. For the Democrats and many progressive-leaning peeps it seems like a death knell and the end of the world (and it could be considering how many anti-science candidates were elected or re-elected). But a BIG THING TO REMEMBER is that voter turn-out was HISTORICALLY low, perhaps less than 40% of the electorate, which in part can be attributed to the GOP-controlled states enacting voter suppression tactics like Voter I.D. laws and more (see BradBlog below for more info on that) and GOPher redistricting along party and ethnic/racial lines from their sweep in the last mid terms in 2010 and MASSIVE outside-group spending making this election the most costly ever. WHAT THIS REALLY MEANS is that LESS THAN 20% of the electorate made this "Decision 2014" happen, certainly NOT the "mandate" from the "American people" the GOPhers are now crowing about. There were also some decidedly PROGRESSIVE state-wide issues like increasing minimum wage that WON BIG at the same time. Here are some post-election items we've harvested from the innertubes of the web:
- JUAN COLE How a Republican Congress Could Entangle the U.S. Further in the Middle East
- THOMAS E. MANN & NORM ORNSTEIN Which Republican Party Won the Midterms?
- GARY YOUNGE Republicans didn't win as big as you think they did. And Obama didn't lose
- LEE FANG Gerrymandering Rigged the 2014 Elections for Republican Advantage Also on Wednesday's DN! below.
- RICHARD V. REEVES Progressives Lost the Election, but Their Ideas Are Winning
- ZOË CARPENTER Weed Is Legal in the Capital—and 10 Other Reasons the Election Wasn’t a Total Bust
- GRACE WOLLACK & JOHN HUDAK 'How Much Did Your Vote Cost? Spending Per Voter in the 2014 Senate Races
- DEIRDRE FULTON 'We Will Only Get Louder': Dozens of Communities Vote to Boot Big Money from Politics
- The White House Office of the Press Secretary For Immediate Release November 02, 2014 Statement by the President on the First-Annual International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists History shows that a free press remains a critical foundation for prosperous, open, and secure societies, allowing citizens to access information and hold their governments accountable. ................ In the overwhelming majority of these cases, the perpetrators of these crimes against journalists go unpunished. All governments must protect the ability of journalists to write and speak freely. On this first-ever International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists, the United States commends the priceless contributions by journalists to the freedom and security of us all, shining light into the darkness and giving voice to the voiceless. We honor the sacrifices so many journalists have made in their quest for the truth, and demand accountability for those who have committed crimes against journalists.
- In a speech today in Washington, AP President and CEO Gary Pruitt [said]: The actions of the DOJ against AP are already having an impact beyond the specifics of this case. Some longtime trusted sources have become nervous and anxious about talking with us — even on stories unrelated to national security. In some cases, government employees we once checked in with regularly will no longer speak to us by phone. Others are reluctant to meet in person. .......... And I can tell you that this chilling effect on newsgathering is not just limited to AP. Journalists from other news organizations have personally told me that it has intimidated both official and nonofficial sources from speaking to them as well. Now, the government may love this. But beware a government that loves too much secrecy.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Angélique Kidjo, Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter from Benin, a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Angélique Kidjo: Don’t Let the Ebola Crisis Dehumanize Africa and Don’t Let Hate Consume America
- MORE Angélique Kidjo Honoring Mama Africa: Angélique Kidjo Pays Tribute to South African Singer, Activist Miriam Makeba
- Greg Palast, investigative reporter with Al Jazeera America Jim Crow Returns: Interstate "Crosscheck" Program Could Strip Millions of the Right to Vote
- Stacey Abrams, Democratic state representative in the Georgia 89th District and the House minority leader 40,000 Voters Missing in Georgia? After Registration Drive in Areas of Color, Names Left off Rolls
- Ben Jealous, chairman of the Southern Election Fund New Voter Suppression Laws Could Decide Key Races, and Turn Back the Clocks for Years to Come
- Lee Fang, reporting fellow with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute The Priciest Midterms Ever, Brought to You by "Dark Money" and Election Finance Out of Control
- John Nichols, political writer for The Nation GOP Threatens a Senate Takeover, But State Votes Could Bring Rejection of Right-Wing Agenda
- Phillip Bailey, freelance journalist in Louisville, Kentucky The Citizens United Senator: After GOP’s Midterm Rout, Mitch McConnell Likely Next Majority Leader
- Lee Fang, reporting fellow with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute A Big Win for Climate Change Denial: Republicans to Target EPA Regulations After Taking Senate
- John Nichols, political writer for The Nation Grassroots Activism Helped Elect Obama in 2008 — Will It Resurface to Push Him in Next 2 Years?
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, Independent senator from Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: The United States is on the Verge of Becoming an Oligarchy
- Peter Sterling, executive director of Vermont Leads Can Push for Single-Payer Healthcare Survive in Vermont After Shockingly Tight Governor’s Race?
- Susan Greene, editor of The Colorado Independent Mark Udall, Leading Senate Voice on NSA Surveillance and Environment, Ousted in Heated Colorado Race
- Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch Obama & McConnell Pledge Cooperation; Will Fast-Tracking Secretive TPP Trade Deal Top Their Agenda?
- Lorrin Pang, has served as a consultant to the World Health Organization and works for Maui’s Department of Health Maui v. Monsanto: Hawaii County Voters Defy Agri-Giant’s Spending to OK Landmark Ban on GMO Crops
- Jerry Greenfield, co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream Ben & Jerry’s Co-Founder on Knowing Your GMOs: Changing a Label Costs "Essentially Nothing"
- Ethan Nadelmann, founder and executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance Midterm Voters Reject U.S. Drug War with Victories for Marijuana Legalization & Sentencing Reform
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and New York Daily News award-winning columnist. New GOP Majority Backs Amnesty for Corporate Tax Dodgers, But Not Undocumented Immigrants
- Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi Matt Taibbi and Bank Whistleblower on How JPMorgan Chase Helped Wreck the Economy, Avoid Prosecution
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Quicken Loans Race For Heroes 500 at the Phoenix International Raceway Coverage begins at 3 pm et »»» FOOTBALL NIGHT on NBC Packers @ Bears 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Eagles @ Panthers 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning on containing ISIS in Guardian op-ed September 16, 2014. Chelsea Manning's Guardian op-ed, "How to make ISIS fall on its own sword" ....... AND Chelsea Manning receives Courageous Peacemaking Award October 22, 2014 . The Center for Conscience in Action will honor Chelsea Manning and Oklahoma peacemakers in a program on Sunday, October 26 .......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• "This Week" powerhouse roundtable debates all the week’s midterm politics following the Republican takeover of the Senate
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren, BuzzFeed.com editor-in-chief Ben Smith, and Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, managing editors of Bloomberg Politics and hosts of “With All Due Respect.”
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• interview with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office
• interview with former President George W. Bush
• ROUNDTABLE : Peggy Noonan, a CBS News contributor who also writes for The Wall Street Journal, Bob Woodward of the Washington Post, David Gergen of Harvard University and Michelle Norris of NPR.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• November 9 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Fixing the VA - U.S. Secretary for Veterans Affairs Robert McDonald undertakes the largest reorganization of the VA in its entire history
• Steve Carell - The usually comedic actor takes on a film role that's deadly serious. Steve Kroft profiles Carell at the height of his Hollywood success
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Gov. Scott Walker, R-Wis.
• Rep.-elect Gwen Graham, D-Fla.
• Sen.-elect Mike Rounds, R-S.D.
• former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz
• ROUNDTABLE: tba (fyi the MTP site DOES NOT post their guest lists in advance anymore)
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• A State of the Union post-election special – the newest members of Congress meet the veterans, face to face. Freshman Congressmen-elect Brendan Boyle, Carlos Curbelo, Ruben Gallego and Lee Zeldin come to our studios
• Senator John Thune
• Senator Chris Murphy
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Prayer Mettin' Wednesday!! Bob reflects on the awful candidates the Dems put out this mid-term! Listen here NOW! Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 6, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Election 2014 Environmental Democalypse Now: get ready for the Republican hegemonic hellscape; Climate denier caucus now in charge; PLUS: At least one note of very good environmental election news... All that and more in today's Green News Report! ..... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Energy storage breakthrough revealed; Fracking frenzy brings fears of boom-bust cycle; Peak water in U.S.; New Koch Industries video: "we rearrange your polar bears"; End the GMO madness: try mandatory labeling; GOP wins deal blow to US climate change leadership internationally; Maine's shrimp season cancelled for lack of shrimp ... PLUS: The biggest loser in this election is the climate - and the children of 2100 ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - October 30, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 'Sit down and shut up!': Superstorm Sandy recovery stalled, 2 years later; The Weather Channel repudiates its climate change-denying co-founder; PLUS: 'It's not too late': the stark yet hopeful message in the UN's final climate science report... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! About Last Night: KPFK 'BradCast' Guest Matthew Segal of OurTime.org joins Brad to discuss whether young voters are to blame for Tuesday's election results and, if not them, then who...or what...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Touch-Screen Votes Flipping Dem to Repub in 'Toss Up' NC U.S. Senate Race Most expensive Senate race in history -- and balance of chamber -- could be determined by 100% unverifiable e-votes...
• BRADCAST! VIDEO! Touch-Screen Votes Flip R to D and D to R in VA [VIDEO] RWers finally become 'believers' in those 'liberal conspiracy theories' about votes flipping on 100% unverifiable voting systems...now that they see it affects them as well...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Round-up of Reported Election Failures (So Far) in CT, NC, GA, TX, AL Serious problems' reported at the polls in a number of states. Here is a quick summary of just a few of them...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! AR Voters Being Illegally Asked to Show Photo ID Arkansas Times reports some poll workers attempting to enforce GOP Photo ID restriction found by state Supreme Court to violate constitutional 'right to vote'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Electronic Voter ID System Fails in Broward County, FL Failure results in emergency court filing by state Democrats as Gubernatorial race between Charlie Crist and Rick Scott is deadlocked in Sunshine State...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Touch-Screen Votes Flipping in Arkansas. Again. Year after year the state's $30 million ES&S iVotronic voting system has failed voters. So why should this year be any different? Because now they have a terrible plan to deal with it...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Reuters: Voting Probs Around Nation, Bizarre Targeting of Election Judges in Chicago Wire service summarizes voting machine problems, Photo ID voter suppression -- and a really strange story out of Chicago...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'True the Vote' Group Fails to Find 'Voter Fraud' (Again) Laughingstock RW organization's 'army' of monitors armed with new smart phone app uncover just 18 largely benign 'irregularities', 0 cases of polling place voter impersonation...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! The Polls Were Skewed Toward Republicans: A Response to Nate Silver The statistics guru unhelpfully explains away mid-term's surprising outcome by presuming pre-election polling was wrong and unverified election results were all correct...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 5 Nov 2014 PBC News & Comment: Midterms Define Democrats as Desperate, Irrelevant #2 Corporate Party Midterm election blowout exposes Democratic Party as irrelevant #2 corporate party, with weak, fear-based tactics aimed at wedging liberal base…..
• 6 Nov 2014 PBC News & Comment: Scrappy Voters in Richmond, CA Flip the Bird to Chevron High point of mid-term elections: little Richmond, California beats back Chevron’s big-bucks effort to make it a company town ….
• PBC Standard Podcast November 3, 2014 Sibel Edmonds Goes Deep on Her New Novel, and the Deep State Sibel Edmonds talks about her new novel, The Lone Gladio, and explains some of the key elements of her fictional narrative based on the “deep state”, Operation Gladio, and CIA covert operations.
• PBC Standard Podcast November 6, 2014 Incisive Commentary on Israel/Palestine with Former UN Official Richard Falk and Israeli Journalist Ofra Yeshua-Lyth Richard Falk served as UN Rapporteur for Palestine 2008-2014, and Ofra Yeshua-Lyth is an Israeli journalist. They join me for this in-depth discussion on the current situation and recent events in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire November 7, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Best-selling author Cliff Schecter will be here to give us his analysis of the midterm elections.
»» Blogger Gaius Publius will explain the problems with the Democratic establishment’s leadership.
»» Sabrina Joy Stevens will tell us about TIME Magazine’s attack on teachers.
»» And film director Giovanni Zelko will join us to discuss his new political thriller “The Algerian.”
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON! Posted on November 8, 2014 by Farron Cousins
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» We’ll be taking a look at the midterm election results, and we’ll discuss where the Democratic Party can improve before the 2016 elections – they have to abandon the corporate wing of the Party.
»» We’ll also be talking about the corporate attempts to enact tort reform, and how the states that have enacted tort reform measures are suffering.
»» We’ll explain why banks are no longer loaning money to people to help the economy, and how Wall Street banks are strangling local banks to death.
»» And we’ll discuss the decline of America’s collective IQ – voters are less informed than ever, even though information is more available than at any other time in history.
»» And we’ll talk about the dangerous consequences of right wing hate talkers like Michael Savage.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Glenn Greenwald: Why Privacy Matters by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Computer Programmer Admits Under Oath that Politicians Paid Him to Try and Rig Elections Clinton Curtis, a computer programmer, admitted under oath years ago that, not only are there programs that can be used to fix elections, but, in October 2000, he wrote a prototype for then-Speaker of the House in Florida Tom Feeney (R). Curtis said that the program could flip the results to show that the preferred candidate won 51 percent to 49 percent. Watch Curtis’s full testimony, and for the full Clint Curtis story, check out our good friend Brad Friedman’s coverage over at BradBlog.com (he’s been covering this for over a decade!)
• Biggest Loser in Midterm Elections? The Environment. The GOP wasn’t exactly working hard to protect the environment before Tuesday...
• VIDEO! Post Election Blues? Bill Maher Rebooted Will Make You Feel Better by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Bill Maher Nails It About Our Spineless Crop of Democrats by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 11/3/14 Cliff Schecter & Becky Bond: Election 2014
• TUESDAY 11/4/14 Esther Kaplan: Americans Are Working So Hard It’s Actually Killing People
• WEDNESDAY 11/5/14 Recapping The Mid- Term Bloodbath
• THURSDAY 11/6/14 Sanjay Rawal: Food Chains + Gaius Publius: Dem Establishment "Tea Partying" Progressive Base
• FRIDAY 11/7/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Josh Orton
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Central Planners Are In A State of Panic by Peak Prosperity — Everything the central planners have tried has failed to bring widespread prosperity and has instead concentrated it dangerously at the top. Whether by coincidence or conspiracy, every possible escape hatch for 99.5% of the people has been welded shut. We are all captives in a dysfunctional system of money, run by a few for the few, and it is headed for complete disaster. To understand why, in all its terrible and fascinating glory, we need look no further than Japan. Read more HERE...........
• One Year After Silk Road Seizure, Silk Road 2.0 Is Seized, Other Marketplaces Go Down by Justin O'Connell — The Operator of Silk Road 2.0 – Dread Pirate Roberts 2 – has been charged in Manhattan federal court. Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said: “As alleged, Blake Benthall attempted to resurrect Silk Road, a secret website that law enforcement seized last year, by running Silk Road 2.0, a nearly identical criminal enterprise. Let’s be clear—this Silk Road, in whatever form, is the road to prison. Those looking to follow in the footsteps of alleged cybercriminals should understand that we will return as many times as necessary to shut down noxious online criminal bazaars. We don’t get tired.” Original article appeared at Bitcoinomics.Net. Read the rest HERE ............
• American Upper Middle Class Share of Wealth is Worse than Every Country Besides Russia and Indonesia by Michael Krieger —One of Liberty Blitzkrieg’s most popular posts in 2013 was titled: How Does America’s Middle Class Rank Globally? #27. The data in that article was based on a comprehensive study published by Credit Suisse titled Global Wealth Data Book. Well, the 2014 version is now out, and the results are not pretty… Read more HERE...........
• ‘The Big Four’ in the main have managed to duck below the radar when it comes to corporate tax finger pointing. by Dublin Eileen — The accountancy industry which consists of ‘The Big Four’ in the main have managed to duck below the radar when it comes to corporate tax finger pointing. Prof Palan said that for the first time, there was clear evidence linking not an isolated and supposedly rogue bank, but one of the ‘big four’ accounting firms, PwC. “I cannot stress enough the importance of the role played by the big four accounting in the development of the offshore world. The vast majority of the tax schemes that we have heard about in the past few years are organised by one [ or other] of the big four accounting firms.” The revelations about Luxembourg tax agreements negotiated by PricewaterhouseCoopers for some of the largest corporations in the world have been described as a “game changer” by an expert on international tax.
• A “Magical Fairyland” – How Global Multi-National Corporations Avoid Taxes in Luxembourg by Michael Krieger — The following expose by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), at times reads like a movie script. Leaked documents, one of the world’s largest accounting firms, and a retired tax official named Marius Kohl, nicknamed “Monsieur Ruling,” who was described by a Belgian newspaper as “the guardian of the only door through which companies can enter the fiscal paradise of Luxembourg.” This piece has it all… Read the rest here.
• KEISER REPORT [KR675] Keiser Report – CRASH! BOOM! POP! We discuss ‘American Psycho’ type banker murderers roaming the streets beheading prostitutes. While in the central banks, we see ‘corporatism’ as defined by the World Bank in the 80s and 90s – and that is a balance sheet greater than 25% of GDP. In the second half Max interviews Professor Steve Keen and artist Miguel Guerra about their new crowdfunded graphic novel series – CRASH, BOOM, POP – where economics will be fun to learn. Professor Keen promises Max a naked Margaret Thatcher to keep with the genre. They also discuss the godzilla in the Japanese central banking consuming any debt the population throws at it and where this might lead for the final global debt showdown.
• KEISER REPORT [KR676] Keiser Report: Fools & Their Money We discuss how fools and their money are soon parted whether shale oil investors losing $1.17 for every dollar gained or housing market participants who seek to help people onto the so-called ‘property ladder’ and yet, by lowering standards, increase risk of total financial loss. In the second half Max interviews Dominic Frisby, author of “Bitcoin: The Future of Money?” about the hunt for Satoshi, the importance of bitcoin and the future of money.
• KEISER REPORT [KR677] Keiser Report: Copyright Cartels We discuss the best of times, the worst of times – depending upon which side of castle walls one lives. On one side of the walls (where times are worst), a man who could previously command a wage must now work for free. On the other side of the wall (where times are best), the richest man in the world seeks monoculture and copyright cartels and the most famous couple (for the moment) want to copyright big bottom selfies. In the second half Max interviews Robert Kennedy Jr about Waterkeeper Alliance, US elections, fracking and the future of democracy.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 10/28/14 Trita Parsi: Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses his article “How Congressional Hawks Plan to Kill Obama’s Iran Deal.”
• 11/07/14 Hugh Handeyside: Hugh Handeyside, a Staff Attorney for the ACLU National Security Project, discusses how the government’s “suspicious activity reports” (SAR) wrongfully flag innocent Americans as potential terrorists; and the ACLU’s legal fight against the No Fly List.
• 11/05/14 Philip Giraldi: GFormer CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses how the Republican victory in midterm elections will effect US foreign policy going forward.
• 11/03/14 John Feffer: John Feffer, co-director of Foreign Policy In Focus, discusses the rebellion within the ranks of NATO countries in the former Warsaw Pact, which are refusing to take an ultra-hawkish stance against Russia, much to the chagrin of Washington Post pundits.
• 11/03/14 Ray McGovern: Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern discusses Al Jazeera’s investigation of Israel’s attack on the USS Liberty in 1967; LBJ’s personal involvement in the coverup; and why even Mearsheimer and Walt didn’t discuss the USS Liberty in their groundbreaking investigation of The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• two newly elected members of the U.S. Senate, Rep Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) and Rep Cory Gardner (R-CO)
• Sen John Barrasso (R-WY), Chairman of the Senate Republican Policy Committee
• Rep Xavier Becerra (D-CA), Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml